Pardew Is A Good Manager – The Owner Was Fantastic With Me

It will not have gone unnoticed by Newcastle fans that Yohan Cabaye always seems to be following what’s going on at Newcastle, and this year there has been a lot going on at Newcastle and  a lot of controversy – so not much change there. 😀

yohan cabaye warming up

Yohan Cabaye – while he was at Newcastle

Yohan was keen to join Arsenal in the summer of last year and even went on strike to try to force through the move, and then when PSG came in for him last January, Newcastle agreed to the move and the French club paid £20M for him.

Yohan has been interviewed in France, and he had this to say about the current Newcastle situation:

“The manager is in trouble now, so I’m sad for him,” “Even when I was there, the manager showed us the way to play. It is the players who have to work harder.”

“At the time, I didn’t have any occasion to speak with Pardew or even call him,” “But if he texts me and wants to meet me in Paris, then it would be with pleasure.”

“He gave me everything when I arrived three years ago, so for me he is a good manager and he will stay the same in my mind.”

“The owner was fantastic with me, and my family as well. He told the truth to me all the time. He did what he said he would, so I cannot complain. My time at Newcastle was happy and I will never forget it.”

The Newcastle players have to take as much responsibility as the manager in this current situation and the only result we want tomorrow is a win, but that seems unlikely at best.

And it’s not very often you get somebody praising owner Mike Ashley, but Yohan Cabaye thinks he was great during his two and a half years on Tyneside.

Loic Remy and Yohan Cabaye are two of the players who have left Newcastle this year and both could score goals, and the club haven’t really replaced them,  and that’s part of the basis for the trouble at Newcastle at the moment.

18 defeats in the last 27 league games is not good. 🙁

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• jayphoto

Oct 3, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Did i see Kets post a line up with Haidara as a centreback in a back 3….
    Ironically tomorrow is probably the first game where we actually should play 2 holding players!
    Don’t like how Pardew keeps bringing up Cabella! Seems political! Almost a ‘you blew my budget on a player thats not good enough nd i had no say’ kind of comment! Cabellas not been great but he played central for montpellier! He is not a winger! Personally despite a slow start I think Coloccini, Williamson, Gouffran and Sissoko have been worse than Cabella!

• jayphoto

Oct 3, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Tomorrow i’d go 5-2-1-2 with Taylor, collo and dummett central, janmaat and Haidara wingbacks. Sissoko and Tiote central mid with cabella just behind cisse and Riviere!
    If we go 4-2-3-1 we’re going to lose heavily!
    Also think gouffran needs a rest!
    Can see pardew dropping cabella for Obertan

• kapopo

Oct 4, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Thanks for the memories but there is nothing to do with cabaye anymore… go and shine with psg

• Dulcinera

Oct 4, 2014 at 12:28 AM

It’s ironic, a world class player comes out and says Pardew a good manager and there’s about 3 comments on this article. If Cabaye reckons Pardews good enough he’s alrite to me. Wake up you tossers. It’s the team and not Pardew

• TheBossMan

Oct 4, 2014 at 12:40 AM

He watches what goes on because I think its dawned on him that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side..
    He has gone from being top dog at one club who was worshipped by the masses to a bit part player who gets 10 mins here and there now , very rarely starts a game for PSG..
    Often happens to our French imports.. a case of de javu , me finks..

• HTT

Oct 4, 2014 at 1:55 AM

haha Dulcitroll the irony is you calling anyone else a tosser

• lochinvar

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:27 AM

So Cabaye says that Pardew didn’t talk with him when he was on his way to PSG. Is Pardew incapable of being man enough to talk with his players even when they are leaving. The fact that Cabaye wondered why Pardew hadn’t even sent a text is a damming indictment of poor or non existent communication skills. A text ? Ffs how low can you get. Apparently it’s good to talk – or not as the case may be.
    Compare our lack of professionalism on every level to the European Ryder Cup Team to see how poor the club is run – if we were a distressed business then Ashley would buy us – aargh – he already has.

• MidlandsMag

Oct 4, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Cabaye thinks Pardew is so good that he now plays for PSG after going on strike because he couldn’t get to Arsenal.

Cabaye had them wrapped around his little finger. He might well say they are good.

• shear-class

Oct 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Dulcinera – Why you keep calling everyone tossers and slagging people off everyone’s entitled to there opinion with out someone being damn right rude Managers are judged on results I’m sure you’re aware of pardews phenominal record since Xmas hence the reason all the hostility which in my opinion 52000 fans are entitled to oh and I want my team to win today but can’t see it !!!!!!!

• Ericles

Oct 4, 2014 at 1:41 PM

So, we find out what a two-faced hypocrite Cabaye really was now. About the level of your allies Pardew.