Pardew Wants To Applaud Newcastle Fans Today

The besieged Newcastle  manager Alan Pardew hopes that  the team can get their first win of the season at the Liberty Stadium today, but to do that we would need to score at least one goal – I think that’s the way it works.

alan  pardew last night stoke 1-0

Will Alan Pardew look like this after the game today?

Newcastle have failed to score in four of their first six league games, but hopefully we can turn that all around today, before the long two week International break, when nothing much usually happens, so if we lose we have to stew in that defeat for two long weeks, maybe at the bottom of the league. 🙁

This is what Alan has said to the press today:

“I’m out there, I’m fighting for the team, I want us to win, I love this football club and I want to go over to them and clap them after a win rather than clapping at them when they are shouting or hollering at me, or throwing their programs and God knows what else.”

“I’m not holding any grievance against the media or some of our more militant fans or the guys who printed the posters.” “I wouldn’t say where I am is normal.”

“But it’s happened I’m not going to hide.” “I’ve been up here all week.” “I’ve been out and about, I’ve had a few fans telling me their opinions, quite strongly, a few cars diving a bit too close to me etc, etc.”

“I get it. I’ve got no problem with it.” “I’m not here to be destructive – I’m not here out of the arrogance.” “I’m not here for any other reason but to try to win a match as manager of this football club.”

We lost this game 3-0 last season, and it was at a time when we had started to do quite well, but we gave away some poor goals that day and missed some chances too, and let’s hope that doesn’t happen today.

If Newcastle do lose today there have been reports that Alan Pardew will still not be sacked, so that would probably be the worst possible outcome today.

It would be nice if we could get a win.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• cyprus

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Nice comparison Ed in the previous post and fair enough, but even then, when we were losing, we played good football. How do I remember? Someone told me, then, ‘wow you guys are terrible, look at your PL position’, and I remember answering, ‘not at all, we play good football, the chances will come.’ They did.

Someone here asked, after the first 3-4 games, would you swap with Everton, look at how they dropped points from winning positions… The answer is (and was) ‘gladly’. Do you think they will be in danger come May? Or, if you prefer, who is most likely to be in danger come May, NUFC or Everton? I wonder…

• cyprus

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:39 AM

On AP,
    you have to feel for the guy, imagine a whole city against you. You can’t, can you?

BUT, I think he just doesn’t have the ability. He wants to but can’t.

I don’t think I have EVER not looked forward for a football game as I do now, and he’s to blame. We’ve come far (down) if we are pinning our hopes on a (let’s admit it) failed player like Obertan. No offense to the lad, AP must shoulder the blame…

• mecannylad

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Reading the words attributed to Alan Pardew in the body of this post it is blatantly obvious that the coaching he is getting from his PR consultant Keith Bishop is beginning to show.
    Now overlay this clever spin onto a scrappy point (or even a win ?) today and we are in real trouble.
    Pardew is beginning to wriggle off our hook and there seems little the Toon Army can do about it.
    Or can we ?

• spitfire_

Oct 4, 2014 at 9:03 AM

cyprus

Why to feel for the guy? The whole city is against him but that is his fault. The fans aren’t to blame even with pardew’s attempts. And besides the easiest thing for him is to resign, I think you forget that he isn’t a slave. He can walk out in any time. No sympathy from me at all. Not even a slice.

• matias

Oct 4, 2014 at 9:04 AM

“Cars driving bit too close to me”. Seriously what kind of animals are these people? Sad horse punching twats. Hope they don`t call themselves NUFC fans publicly to give us all bad name.

• anthc

Oct 4, 2014 at 10:30 AM

How about just a wave alan when you leave amd I’d gladly wave back. Pardew out!

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Oct 4, 2014 at 11:01 AM

No-one is as big as the Club itself ! Not even the Trainer or Manager.

I will support the club for as long as i draw breath , just maybe some of the People screaming for him to go should think about that !

Moyes would be a good trainer for us, but he must realise what he would be taking on?

• wynsleap

Oct 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM

” I love this club”
    Sorry Pardew but if you did you would use some dignity and pride and walk away from the job in order for a better manager to come in and have a go.
    What I suspect is that you ‘love’ being at a top club where you don’t even need to be successful to earn your money under a boss who couldn’t give a stuff about the fans or the club.
    It’s a lovely cosy and rewarding set up for you all except for us mug fans. I long for the day when you all p**s off into the sunset.

• bobby mango

Oct 4, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Two things that stood out to me in that passage
    ‘I’m not here to be destructive – I’m not here out of the arrogance.”
    and
    “I love this football club”

He’s got a funny way of showing these things. If I loved a club, a woman, anything but my involvement had a negative effect I would remove myself from the situation. That’s love, that ensuring you’re not being destructive.