This Player Has To Deliver For Newcastle This Season

Sammy Ameobi played quite well on Saturday and he set up Papiss Cisse’s second goal after 75 minutes with a nice piece of right wing play – and it was all done with his left foot.

sammy amepbi green blue swansea

Sammy Ameobi in action on Saturday

Sammy weaved his way down the right wing and then put in an almost the perfect cross for Papiss Cisse to stab the ball home and get Newcastle an unlikely point,  after the lads fought back twice from being a goal down.

But Sammy has to deliver more of this, if he is to stay at Newcastle after next summer, when his current contract runs out.

Alan Pardew made this clear after the game on Saturday:

“Sammy Ameobi did a great job when he came on the pitch.” “We have been waiting for him for a long, long time.” “He’s 6ft 5in tall.¨

“I was with him in the lift and his head was touching the bloody ceiling.” “This is a guy with unbelievable technical ability.” “He has to deliver this year.”

Sammy is really tall and he put on a few inches a couple of years ago when he sprouted up and became taller than his older brother Shola.

Two of our fringe players – Sammy and Gabby Obertan set up the goals for Papiss on Saturday, and they were both from the right wing.

Sammy has 5 appearances so far this season and 44 total appearances for the Magpies with two goals, since he made his debut back in May 2011 as a second-half substitute against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in a 2–2 draw.

We need to see more of this from Sammy Ameobi this season – which is basically a do or die season for him at Newcastle.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Lilongwe Geordie

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Mindshaft,
    Interesting link, but I have just put Riviere’s stats in to get his value, and was informed he was worth between €15.2million and €17.6million……

• Lilongwe Geordie

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Err, Alan, what has Sammy’s height got to do with his technical ability. What an odd statement.

• firebug666

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Repost

Lilongwe Geordie

I don’t know for sure either, but this is a club that is without any outside assets anymore.

If Ashley and his SD paid the club what they owe, how much better would our profit margin have been?

OK maybe not most of the money, I’ll concede that, but they take a fair amount between them money that could have maybe brought in some better players or decent defenders.

At the end of the day Ashley & SD are taking money out of this club and giving nothing back, and the money is not peanuts either.

If I was to amend my original post it would be “Ashley & SD are legally stealing large amounts of money from the club annually and offer us nothing but contempt in return.

• Toon-Prodigy

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Lilongwe,

I appreciate where you are coming from, but it’s always once we are missing key individuals when we start to struggle. These poor runs for me would of never happened to such an extent if the squad was adequate to cope with such losses.

Under Ashley it’s always been the case to have his purples and then maybe a mediocre bench, then the rest of the squad is made up of players that are just making up the squad. Players who should not be there for me. There has been no building of this squad over seven years, for me we are worse off than ever. That’s not right.

We are always going to be hanstrung by this structure. We are never going to be punching at the weight we should really be.

I know Pardew could of maybe did better, but how much so under these restraints and structures aswell as injuries with poor squad depth is well and truly up for debate because of working for such a man and his lack of consideration for the football team.

We are not a normal football club.

I’ll be honest it makes me really uncomfortable so much hatred aiming to one man when the only person who can make us truly better is Ashley. It’s all too personal for me with some people. It’s personal and it is an obsession. I’v seen posters willing us to lose, that for me is insane and shows the level of how personally people have taken this where Pardew is concerned. It’s ridiculous.

Sack Pardew.com? WTF?

I would of been alot more comfortable if it was aimed at Ashley and Pardew. Which it should damn well be.

For me, aiming and making it personal towards one man is wrong because there is more than a mediocre football manager wrong at this club which has massively affected results also.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Michael Caine • 26 minutes ago

Yes, Mike Ashley owning the club is a curse, but that should not deflect attention from the fact that Pardew is a useless manager totally out of his depth.

Ashley doesn’t train the players, select the team, make substitutions, nut opposition players, shove over linesmen, verbally abuse a top manager, break promises about charitable work, set records for losing derby matches, set NUFC record for Premiership defeats, tell lie after lie to fans, etc, etc.

We have enough decent players to be in the top half of the table if they were organised and motivated by a manager with credibility at this level. How the hell can the players take him serious when he talks about discipline???

• Lilongwe Geordie

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Firebug,
    I agree that if we were to receive money for advertising and merchandise the club would be in a far healthier position financially. Whether that money would be spent on players is an unknown. The money is there to spend now and we don’t so why would it if there was more?

• firebug666

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Lilongwe Geordie

I don’t know either mate but then KK said it himself, before SD took over the Official shop Ashley was selling the shirts there @ £55, while in his tat shop they were £40 and these shop were just yards apart, This is the measure of the man. SD overrides anything Newcastle and will always benefit more than Newcastle and from Newcastle.

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Mag52, we do understand that players may take time to adapt, however, when the manager cannot produce a definite style of play in the yearS that he’s been here then being new to a league is a lame excuse when the rest of our players constantly haven’t a clue what to do next.

Southampton’s new players have started well. They had about 6 of their best players sold and new players come in.

If you can’t see that they look lost and are horrendously trained, then I don’t know what you’re watching.

Off the cuff football with no direction, just hope that something comes off.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Prodigy,
    I said before the season with a top striker and top centre half coming in before the window closed we should be 7th to 10th. Without those, 10th to 15th. I still think that is about where this squad is in term of ability. At the minute I think we are probably one of the worst sides in the league the way we are playing, and if we continue with Pardew I think we will be one of the favourites for relegation.

I don’t have much faith in Ashley to pick someone progressive for the role, but it can’t get much worse then the dross we get now, and if we wait till December it could be too late.

As for targeting Pardew, we had the Anti Ashley campaigns last year, with little effect. It is difficult to remove Ashley unless there is billionaire already waiting in the wings. There isn’t, and it is unlikely there will be anytime soon. Pardew is a more achievable aim, and while it won’t solve all our woes, it will address some of them and hopefully it will allow Ashley to appoint someone who can at the very least give us back a bit of entertainment and pride in the football.