Cabaye Unhappy With PSG Lot – Newcastle Return Possible?

Yohan Cabaye is still not getting much playing time at PSG, and the French International is not a starter at the Paris club,which is packed with midfield talent, and he has played only three times in the French League so far this season.

yohan cabaye psg

Yohan Cabaye – not playing much in Paris

The 28 year-old Frenchman was a great player for us while at Newcastle, and one of the reasons Newcastle have slumped this year is that we lost the midfield general in January, and have not replaced him.

But the midfielder wanted to join PSG and even Arsenal before that, as Yohan wanted to play in the Champions League, and with Newcastle having limited ambitions these days under thrifty owner Mike Ashley, it’s hard to blame Yohan for that.

Cabaye is reported to be unhappy at his lot in Paris, although he’s still in the French squad and gets called up regularly by Didier Deschamps, and he’s in the squad to play friendlies against Portugal and Armenia during this International break.

The Euro 2016 is being hosted by France and therefore they automatically qualify.

Cabaye has been interviewed in L’Equipe:

“How do I live with being a holder with the Blues (French side) and only a substitute with the club?  I must accept it but that does not mean I am resigned to it. In training, I try to show that I’m here and I want to play. Yes, I want to play! “

“I’m twenty-eight years old so I’m not starting out in the trade. I will not change my style of play now. Besides, I do not want to. I have, in fact  been careful not to be forced by circumstances to change it”

“There is a risk that I would come to outwit and not attempt to cross – or a pass that will cut the lines. It is possible, but lately, I try not to ask myself these questions.”

Cabaye still plays internationally, but he misses the regular games he used to get at Newcastle and Lille before that, and of course he’s always very positive when talking about his two and a half years on Tyneside, which he loved.

This brings up the question as to whether Newcastle would ever try to get Yohan back to Newcastle.

But that’s got to be a long shot – well unless PSG would sell him back to us for around £10M – which is about half of what we got from PSG for him last January.

That’s the kind of deal Mike Ashley would go for – but there again if he’s not playing regularly at PSG, we could always try to bring him back on loan in January.

That would be great – however unlikely it may appear at the moment.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• 70TWO

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Hello Ibizatoon!!!

Cabaye will be off to Roma, as was suggested when he left us to (knowingly) warm the bench at PSG.

• Average_Contents

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Lesh

That’s the big worry isn’t it. His stranglehold on the club. Will he relinquish it? I doubt it.

Alternatively he could still buy rangers, sell us but withhold the merchandising rights as they are wholly owned by SD and a new buyer would have to stump up the cash to purchase them as it’s no longer part of NUFC. I’d imagine he’d also place restrictions on his free advertising say for like a year, ya know to “help” out in the transitional period.

Either way we’re going to get fcuked.

I’d take anything at the moment though to get him out of the club.

• cyprus

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Cabs,
    Maybe go on a strike mate? No, you can’t come back, you blew it 🙂 And, you aren’t worth 20 mil! Sorry. But thanks for the memories.

• Graeme

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Cabaye would be worth a punt at around £10 million – what have we got to lose? But I guess Roma would be better for him and his career than a return to “No Ambition” SJP!!!

• Santon03

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Ibiza

IF you are being realistic, what do you want them to say in front a lot of media? I understand why so many media getting banned, because they only write what sells which means bad publicity for NUFC. The performance already bad enough and sackpardew.com already got huge publicity, do they need to add more?
    Let’s say they do like you asked, will that help our team or players performing better under more unstable condition? That will be PR nightmare, who would manage our club if we are going to kick our manager on the teeth when he is down?

• cyprus

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:44 AM

AC,
    would you invest 250 mil for ‘free advertising’ translated in the form of pure hate? Especially when you can do that, big time, with less than 10 mil a year with direct advertising? I get you, but it doesn’t really make sense.

• thejokethatisnufc

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:45 AM

I couldnt give a f uck about him HAHA rot on the bench

• JP...from The Rock

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:49 AM

That’s better a question mark in the title as neither of us know what is going to happen.

As for Cabaye coming back I am all for it but I doubt the Fat One will want to spend in excess of 10M to bring him back.

• Average_Contents

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Sorry I meant to say. If that scenario ever materialised then he’d most likely hold the merchandising back and only sell it for a astronomical price thus putting off the potential buyer into purchasing them ie too much hassle he can just keep them.

Any potential buyer would surely want everything back in-house where it belongs wouldn’t they? This being the bargaining chip fatty would still hold.

If they have the cash to buy us anyway, what’s a few extra million into the bargain. Makes me sick thinking about it as it belongs to the club but it’d have to be done in order to be free of his chubby clutches.

• Santon03

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Working for NUFC right now is any manager dream.
    Owner showing a lot of patient and good PR.

If you want to see a positive in a lot of negative.

• Whumpie

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I know it’s a crappy bit of schadenfrued on my part – but I love reading about how players who’ve left for more money end up having a shite time. Phrases involving cake and eating come to mind.

If Cabaye had stayed and got his head down, trying to get us up from 6th to 4th, he’d now be in the running for captain for Les Bleus, possibly for us, and very possibly playing more games in Europe than he is now.

Never mind, Cabs – you can always buy your own golden boot with all that cash sat there laughing at you.

• Wayayman

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Cabaye won’t come back. Why the hell would he? He’ll have many top clubs after him and he’ll end up at Arsenal, they’re crying out for someone like him to be fair.

And for once and for all, is it any wonder that the odious Dennis Wise thinks we hate all southerners when we’re STILL calling anyone from anywhere south of Leeds a cockney? It just shows us up to be ignorant, petty and small minded.

While I despise Ashley for what he’s done to my club, where he is from is irrelevant. Call him fat, question his parentage but don’t put my London-born-NUFC mad kids in the same bracket as him. It’s like a southerner calling Keith Lemon a geordie.

NUFC are actually a globally-supported club with fans from all over the world. We have MANY London mags, loads of non-Geordies who support the team so next time you call Ashley or Pardew based on where they are from, just remember that the bloke sitting next to you might be *god forbid* not from Newcastle himself. I’m proud to be Byker born and raised, but I don’t have a chip on my shoulder about anyone not from the area.

• Average_Contents

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Cyprus

I’m not on about his original intentions when he bought us or griping about his free advertising (although it is a disgrace) that’s not what I’m getting at.

It’s a hypethetical scenario where fatty buys rangers, sells us but keeps his advertising in place for say a year or two as a clause in the buyout agreement “to aid the transition” and holds back the merchandising arm which is solely owned by SD, to keep his fingers in the pie.

• Ibizatoon

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:00 AM

70TWO…Hello!

Santon …I was merely responding to your comment that you believed they were lining up Pardews replacement before firing him. Would that not tie in with kicking him when he’s down also? My point is more that if a decision to replace him has been made, why not just get on with it? Their actions indicate that a new manager isn’t arriving anytime soon, at least to me.

Still, never say never.

• 70TWO

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:05 AM

It took until November last year for it to finally sink in with Pardew that he needed to push Cabaye further forward in the 4231 system and it produced a month of wins. He was then unable to change the formation for the rest of the season, believing that it was a winning system and that if only he could find the right combination of players it would work again. New players have been purposefully transferred in to occupy the 4231 for the season but through injury and un-adaptability the formation has continued to produce failure.

Hopefully the Swansea match will again for successive seasons be a turning point in a lumbersum change in strategy and we shall not have to wait until November for a change in fortunes. Over to you Mr Pardew.

• Ericles

Oct 8, 2014 at 3:49 PM

No sympathy for him at all. He made his bed so let him lie in it. If we get anybody back let it be Ben Arfa. He wanted to play for us and was made to go by the muppet Pardew!