Mike Ashley To Own Newcastle (Very) Long Term

We put out an article yesterday on the massive new TV deal that is soon to be negotiated by the Premier League for the time frame 2016-2019,  and it looks like it could well be a £4B deal, and a lot more than the current £3B deal, which runs out in eighteen months,

mike ashley hull cisse scored

Mike Ashley on new potential TV deal
Money – money – money

And with an owner who is only interested in the money side of football,  that will be great news for Mike Ashley, and it also means he will not be giving up the ownership of Newcastle United anytime soon.

And our parting line in the article was to forget all the stories about him wanting to buy Rangers and sell Newcastle:

“And with these potential new financial figures for the Premier League, forget about Mike Ashley selling Newcastle United to buy Rangers FC. It’s not going to happen.”

“That’s good news for Rangers fans.”

We hope that news cheered up some Rangers fans over the weekend.

We suppose Ashley could still buy Rangers  if he can get around the legal problems of owning two football clubs, but he will not be selling Newcastle United any time soon – he’s just not that daft.

The Chronicle have something out on the new deal today, and in case we needed even more proof – this is what a club insider told Lee Ryder:

“With the new TV deal soon to be announced Mike isn’t likely to be going anywhere, anytime soon.”

The Sack Pardew people who remain anonymous –  have said they have two goals for their current protests – the first being to get Alan Pardew fired as the manager, and they have been protesting that during our last few games.

But they have also stated their goal after than is to get Mike Ashley out of the club as owner – to get him to sell the club.

If that’s really their goal, then we are going to see protests at Newcastle matches for a (very) long time into the future.

With all the new money coming in,  we just cannot see Mike Ashley selling up soon – unless he gets a massive and unsolicited offer from some consortium out of the blue.

We think that’s the only way Mike will leave Newcastle.

To stay in the PL and get all that big money seems to be Mike’s number one (and only?) goal for owning Newcastle United.

Maybe Newcastle fans should be advertising for a new owner to buy the club?

The good news is that Mike Ashley should now be willing to spend a lot of money in January to keep Newcastle in the Premier League.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• optimistic prime

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Fat greeeeeedy ••••••••

• ToonMatt

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:48 AM

The man is a parasite and I blame the 50,000 who support him every other week! He needs to remember that we will probably be in the championship next season so he can kiss good bye to the TV money, He’s an absolute scumbag.

• BuckLuck

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:48 AM

I won’t publicly celebrate when Ashley dies but it will be a great fcuking day!

• magscar

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Said some days ago that despite Rangers stories as we are a cash cow club for him, buying Rangers wouldn’t save us.

Have also posted re likelihood that Pardews out of this world 8 year deal was for Ashley to get compo. Not rocket science at all simply looking at what appears nuts and applying a little logic as I usually urge others to do.

As for wanting a helicopter crash even in jest that is going too far.

• BuckLuck

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:59 AM

magscar

I don’t WANT a helicopter crash but I would be filled with optimism and hope if I suddenly read in the papers that that had occurred.Optimism and hope are undeniable positive feelings.

• Graeme

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Toon Matt – You got it mate, that’s exactly what the FCB is – a complete and utter parasite.
    He has absolutely no interest in the paying customer and to be honest, he no longer needs them to generate income, the TV money makes the Entrance Fee a drop in the ocean.

I’m sure if he could remain in the Premier League, playing with an empty SJP, it wouldn’t really bother him too much, cost wise. It would only bother him because the player’s performances would drop off if playing in an empty stadium – although thats never going to happen.

• crockwell

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:15 AM

That only applies if we are in the PL which we won’t be next season.

• colwell

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:15 AM

For the first time I can actually see my support for Newcastle dwindling. MA has really sucked all enjoyment of supporting the Toon out, no exciting cup runs to look forward to, in all the time he’s been here we’ve had 1 good season and mostly just staying in the Prem.

Its boring now, the football served up isn’t even worth getting excited for. I’m not expecting us to be a Champions league but at least try to push the top 6 like Saints do. We are now just a shite team struggling nearly quarter of the season gone and still no win. I went to St Mary’s and watched us get humiliated that was enough for me spending money on Newcastle i’ll now watch like alot of fans online and keep my money for myself.

• catchy in norway

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:17 AM

vote with your feet

actions speak louder than words

• midweek weekend

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:19 AM

The fat man isn’t going nowhere it seems but there’s still hope pardew will go at some point but as I said before a loss this weekend and he still won’t be sacked, he could head butt the ref and still keep his job baffling stuff really, we need points badly however just hate the fact if we win or draw he lives another week.

• GeordieInSunderland

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Morning. I can understand how we are seeing our support for NUFC being sucked out of us as I feel the same. I’m sick of praying that every morning I wake up Pardew has been sacked or the club has been sold or both. I’ve decided that I am going to stick by the team and take it for what it is and support them 100% for the rest of the season. I will then decide whether to renew my season tickets at the end of January and the transfer window as I need to then as part of the ten year deal.

• mecannylad

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I just wonder.
    What John Alder and Liam Sweeney would think of all this?
    Would they have supported Sackpardew .com ? …. did they infact show their displeasure vs Cardiff last May by walking out ?
    What would perhaps the most fervant of NUFC supporters recommend from their peaceful perch up above us all.

• magscar

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Geordieinsunderland

An adult approach to a situation that depresses us all.

• magscar

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Buckluck

You do realise that Ashley doesn’t pilot himself. I hope amongst the optimism and hope you might spare a thought for other innocents involved. Or are they just collateral damage in the Holy War against Ashley .

Whilst I don’t feel it appropriate to bring John Alder and Liam Sweeney into this as per Mecannylad’s speculation – is what happened to them not still raw – it is for me.

• magscar

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Graeme

I am glad that some unwelcome reality is beginning to creep into Blog. Some have been pointing this out for months .

• toon kk

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:11 AM

The stupid excuse for a football club belongs in the championship under MA.

relegation would be a good result just to get the message over to the fat man.

• magscar

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Toonmatt

Lay off the 50000 it is not their fault. Was it the Rangers fans fault whilst their club was being mis-managed into administration and demotion to leave Ashley prowling around a wounded club.

I guess you have already voted with your feet and left your season ticket on the mantel piece all season. Thanks for the glorious sacrifice.

Not got one? Well I understand there may be offers on so go get one then put it on the mantelpiece and show the rest the way.

• Ancientcoptic

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Just because TV money is reported to be going up; it does not necessarily mean Ashley is more likely to stay.

It could work the other way, increasing the value of the club and making Newcastle more attractive to a buyer… with Ashley looking at the finances and figuring this TV deal may be as high as it ever gets.

If Ashley suspects that TV revenue could decline after the next deal, then selling the club whilst TV revenue in the league is at its maximum, would be a smart move.

• optimistic prime

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:24 AM

So saying I hope for a helicopter crash in jest is unacceptable?

Yet it’s acceptable to have a owner who exploits child labour and preys in the the unfortunate.

What a joke!

• optimistic prime

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Catchy

Vote with your feet?

You saying I should kick Ashley in the head?

• magscar

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Toon kk

perhaps you can pass on to the Rangers fans your thoughts. Instead of their well considered protests they should stop going sit back and have another season where they are or even better drop back down again.. Dose of reality for Ashley job done for Rangers – why didn’t they think of it?

• 70TWO

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Ancientcoptic @18

And the new TV deal will start 2016/17, or to put it another way, the season after “the end of next season”.

Case closed.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:27 AM

ancient

ash will never charge a fair price to sell

• magscar

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Optimistic Prime

How did you extrapolate my comment into support for child labour? Breathtaking.

For the record it isn’t IMO.

• toon kk

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I didn’t renew my season ticket because I was fed up of watching dross.
    Everyone piles into SJP expecting the best but deep down we all know we are sh.t.

NUFC isn’t a football club it’s a business that’s going down the pan.

• Ancientcoptic

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:39 AM

70TWO – What exactly was your point again?

• Wayayman

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Divide and conquer, possibly the greatest strategy for those under fire. The PR machine saw that the SackPardew people were gaining some momentum, so the club get in some big shot PR company to set about us fans, laying misinformation and untruths abound for the media and fans to gobble up.
    Haven’t you noticed how, since the PR firm got going, some of us have started taking about how Ashley is the main problem and that it’s pointless removing Pardew because hey, his hands are tied anyway.
    OF COURSE Ashley is the main problem. BUT Ashley does not pick the starting 11 or choose tactics. Ashley does NOT make substitutions, or take training sessions. Ashley doesn’t practise set plays and force Pardew to make Williamson the target at the back post. He DOES NOT twist Padews arm to pick Gouffran, or to keep Armstrong on the bench. Nor does he headbut opposition players, or make pathetic excuses after games.
    While we all want shot of our owner, we ALL know that a good coach can have us playing better football that the outdated, overrated clown currently in charge of our team.

Concentrate on getting shot of Pardew first, then we can work on the owner.

• 70TWO

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:41 AM

toon kk @25

I think supporters hope for the best rather than expect, but more increasingly get the worst. However being a supporter is no predicated on results.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I would never have felt this way before but I almost wonder if we as a club have to hit rock bottom to trigger a recovery and ”feel good” factor.

Supporting NUFC now has just turned into such a joyless and soul-less experience. Maybe the whole thing needs stripping back and starting again to rid ourselves of the twin evils of Ash and Pardew.

• optimistic prime

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Magscar

Not you I particular but in sick of the PC brigade saying you can’t say this or that or it’s unfair on Ashley family what is said.

The bloke is a total scumbag who wouldn’t give away the steam of his pee.
    He deserves every bit if abuse he gets and I hope he reaps what he sows.

Sorry but I don’t care about Ashley in the slightest or anybody who earns a living off the misery of others.

I wouldn’t want him to die in a helicopter crash I’d prefer he lost everything and ended up on the streets sleeping in a old SD carrier bag!

• 70TWO

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Ancientcoptic @26

Keep up! The last statement from the club was that it would not be on the market until at least “the season after next”. Thus supporting your arguement that perhaps Ashley may indeed be waiting to sell the club at its optimum value, presuming that the TV money goes up as predicted from 2016.

• Ancientcoptic

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Rotonda heights – I didn’t say Ashley was going to sell or sell at a fair price. I was making the point that increased TV revenue does not automatically mean Ashley will be more intent on staying.

If Ashley does have an exit-strategy, it is short sighted to believe extra TV revenue will mean Ashley will want to hold onto the club longer. There are lot more dynamics to consider, a few of which I pointed out in my original comment.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Wayayman

Absolutely spot on. Ash is a vile individual but these supposed constraints he allegedly puts on managers can’t mask the fact the current manager in particular has his own wonderful knack of turning good players in to mush.

AP is the direct opposite of the saying you can’t polish a turd. He’s well and truly pardewed so many half decent players.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:47 AM

ancient

I hear you.

• santonthenewmaldini

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:48 AM

We are never getting rid of Ashley then even if the faithful who attend every game stop going he will still make enough TV money to balance the books !

Thing is as long as the premier league is the most watched in the world the TV money is going to keep on coming in big amounts so we might never get rid of Ashley no matter what….

• Toon Tang

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Andorra, Gibraltar and Azerbaijan to win, a quid nets you £15,000. Don’t say I never sort you out people.

• Ancientcoptic

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:48 AM

70TWO – I understand now. You were being slightly cryptic.

• jayphoto

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Reckon Ashley wouldn’t give a monkeys if the stadium is empty! Hes ready sitting on 40,000 season ticket sales added to the fact we are here to bring attention to sports direct and we have 70m in tv money a season!
    An empty stadium would only serve to make out fans look bad and to bring world media attention to NUFC thus giving Sports Direct a bunch of free advertising!
    Ashley would be laughing his head off

• mecannylad

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Our SJP big screen makes its debut this Saturday.
    It will be something our man Bishop will hold a close interest in to the point of probably having already censored it’s full use by insisting on setting down some pretty tight and disappointing protocols to meet the current mood of NUFC .
    Most clubs simply stream the Sky (or whoevers) match coverage onto their screen with dugout close-ups, etc, etc. Such full coverage could easily play into the hands of disgruntled supporters …. indeed heighten tension and in the heat of battle be difficult to edit; basically shooting club management in the foot.
    I wouldn’t be surprised to see this big screen of ours be somewhat of an overdue white elephant with simply team line – ups being broadcast for the full 90 mins.

• 70TWO

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Toon Tang or is it William Hill?

Your quid bets are ridiculous and will never happen.