Good News From Alan Pardew

Alan Pardew has given his press conference today, and the under pressure Newcastle manager delivered some good news, when he said that Tim Krul, Daryl Janmaat and Paul Dummett would all be fit to play on Saturday.

alan pardew 2-2 hull

Alan Pardew – good news on the injury front

This is such a vital home game for Newcastle against Leicester City, and Alan has said the obvious today – that Newcastle need a win – although in our poll for Saturday, only 36% think we can achieve that – the same percentage that expect us to lose the game. 🙁

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Leicester City?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

This is some of what Alan Pardew said today:

“Papiss Cisse looks rejuvenated and there is a bit more enthusiasm in him. We’ve been missing his quality and he is very important.”

“The most important thing is that we win the game on Saturday. We need to for the fans and the whole club, I hope we get it.”

We need to win the game – that’s the only goal for Saturdays game – and if we can get the 3 points, it will give us a little bit of breathing room.

If we cannot win the game, then the alarm bells will again be going off at St. James’ Park, and some action may have to be taken by owner Mike Ashley to halt the decline.

Sir John Hall and Alan Shearer himself have asked fans this week to support the players in Saturday’s game – simply because we desperately need the win – and our players need all the support they can get.

Here’s hoping we have 7 points from eight games come Saturday evening.

Howay The Lads!!

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• stan anderson

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Good news my ASS,i thought he was quitting aghhh.

• Mag52

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Stuart @83 ( previous)

Thanks for that. For a time there I thought it was me !

• mag92

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Pardew thinks Dummett playing is good news, what a plonker!

• stuart no9

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Mag59—-no worries dear friend . At least you know your football . From previous post . Putting sir Bobby in the same bracket as pardew shows your higher intelligence in football matters .

• Average_Contents

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Not leaving ourselves open to the counter attack.

Sorry to burst your bubble king but it’s not just the counter attack where we are vulnerable, it’s any form of attack the opposition displays.

• stuart no9

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Oops sorry , meant mags52 , you’ve got my brain going now !

• stuart no9

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:01 PM

” “Emphasis will be on us to break Leicester down but not leave ourselves open to the counter-attack. We have to be wary of that.”

Does anyone think pardew has finally ” got it “

• mag92

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Sir Bobby and Pardew have a few things in common, both have silver hair and Carver helping them out of a job.

• 70TWO

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:09 PM

stuart no9

Being “wary” doesn’t really inspire confidence that there has been any tactical modification actually put in place. However I am nit picking and to answer your question, no, same old same old.

• stuart no9

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:16 PM

70two— yep I agree whole heartedly , however , he’s saying the right things though ! Start ??? Let’s see if he can put that one bit of basic football knowledge into practice eh

• Graeme

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Stan @ 1 – I saw the headline and thought, Oh shit, hallelujah, P45 has resigned – what a let down the article turned out to be lol

• mindshaft

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Good news???

We need to break a team down without conceding, Pards has read a coaching pamphlet for under 5’s

Idiot!

• GeordieTwo

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:44 PM

More comments from Pardew:
    “This is the type of match I really look forward to. I’ve got the lads completely prepared. There will be some running about, some real excitement. Occasionally we’ll come across the ball and try to kick it. Then we’ll run around some more. Then Leicester will score and I’ll frown and write in my notebook. It’s all very exciting and I’m really prepared this time.” 😯
    Thanks for that Alan.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:47 PM

And this from Johnny C:
    “We’re not worried at all by the slow start to the season. We always planned it this way. You know, a slow start followed by a fairly dreadful middle bit, followed by a bit of a swoon beginning in January. It’s all part of the long term Ashley plan.”
    Yes, we can see that Johnny C. But ta anyway.

• Average_Contents

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:53 PM

“It was nice to take a step back [during the international break] because the spotlight has very much been on me recently,” he said.

Shithouse.

“But I managed to have a couple of days away with the family which was nice. The most important thing is focusing on the work and analysing where we went wrong in certain games and what’s going to happen going forward.

Lazy days king.

“We’ve had a chance to do that and reflect. It’s important for the team to come out stronger and I think we will, I think we’ve learned some lessons in the first seven games.

You never learn, that’s the problem king.

“One thing that does back us up in terms of the effort and commitment are the stats. Every team we’ve played we’ve out-worked physically without getting the results we want. The most important thing of course is to win the games.

Run run run. Says it all really.

“If we keep breaking those barriers in our workrate and desire we’ll get that win which we need. The club needs that win for our fans, for everybody associated with Newcastle and we’re desperate for that win this weekend and we hope to get it.”

The only thing you manage to break king is bad records.

Obsessed with running much? All well and good if it’s closing down the opposition high up the pitch or pass and move with overlaps but running around like headless chickens isn’t a sign of having a good game.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:58 PM

And still more from wor Alan:
    “After taking a few days off I’ve decided on a whole new approach. We’re going in with the idea of actually winning the match from now on. It’s bold I admit but setting up for draws is getting boring for me. And those losses! They were really upsetting. I couldn’t write enough in my notebook to cover all the mistakes we made. So this will give the lads something new to think about. If I’m honest I don’t know how it will work out. Will the lads take to it? I’m not sure. We had gotten so comfortable with the old ways. Still I’ll try it for a couple of games.”

• Tsunki

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:59 PM

it’s all wasted energy if there’s no skill or design behind it. You can run around all day chasing shadows and it will profit you not. Alan, you’re missing the point. Except for one thing where you are absolutely bang on – it is indeed all about YOU.

• Tsunki

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I hope Alans new tactics book is a pop-up one, I think it will help him no end.

• Tsunki

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:05 PM

You know all these ex-nufc personnel coming out to ask the fans to support the club? I thought we all had been. I was under the impression the players were getting support, just not Pards. Or Mike. Or The Carver. Or the nondescript gk coach. I think that’s it.

• Average_Contents

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Exactly Tsunki.

Waste of energy from the players whereas the king is just a waste of spunk.

• Tsunki

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:16 PM

G2 – there’s a morose tone to your posts these days, almost grim acceptance of the status quo. ( maybe double denim will come back, who can tell?)

I’m starting to miss the carefree days of budgie-farming and the whimsical world of the honey badger. I think your descent into the slough of despond may have started around the time of your acceptance of the virtues of Fong-Battery. It was a dark time for all of us, my friend. A dark time for us all indeed.

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Lesh, from earlier…

The dismal performances have come years before any of the sackpardew campaign. It is far beyond just laying off him and hoping, way beyond. Both of them need a hammering in my opinion. It’s not good enough.

• Tsunki

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Canteen King,
    Now we’re sharing the same dream,
    Yes we’ll soon be number one,
    When relegatio-on comes….

(to the golden sounds of that all time classic ‘Carribean Queen’).

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Headless chickens is exactly it. They run around but they don’t know what they are doing next. Off-the-cuff football. Completely unacceptable for a Premier League club.

• santonthenewmaldini

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:26 PM

So we run a lot Pardew ?BIG WOW !!!

• Average_Contents

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Graeme

Meant to post the actual article where those quotes were from so thanks mate lol 😀

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Social Theory for Coaches: A Foucauldian Reading of One Athlete’s Poor Performance

International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching
    Publisher Multi Science Publishing
    Issue Volume 2, Number 4 / December 2007

“My initial understanding of his poor performance was to blame him for “lacking” the appropriate mental toughness.

As a result, I located the “problem” within him and subsequently ignored many of my own taken-for-granted coaching practices as perhaps contributing to his poor performance. In this paper, I provide an alternative reading of my judgement of this athlete’s poor performance through Michel Foucault’s theory of disciplinary power.

I conclude by suggesting that many everyday coaching practices may have a number of “hidden” or problematic consequences attached to them that coaches should consider in an effort to evaluate the effectiveness of their coaching and to enhance their athletes’ performances.”

—————————————–

Now there’s a thing….

Pardew out.

• 70TWO

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Pardew “I’ve enjoyed I’d say 80 per cent of it, most of it has been pretty good”

I can’t say I have really enjoyed even 36% of it, although I can think of a couple of draws I was happy with.

• Graeme

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:58 PM

AC @ 27 – No probs mate lol

• Mint

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Parsnip’s comments after the match this Saturday:

“Well I thought we just shaded it towards the end and deserved our goal, but then we got the sucker punch against the run of play. We need the rub of the green and were just not getting it. The early goal didnt help our mentality, but in the second ‘alf we showed real spirit to get ourselves back in the game. Im really dissapointed for myself and the fans, we need wins and i know we will get them…”

my prediction.

• cyprus

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:36 PM

G2,
    I for one appreciate the fact that you are getting exclusive statements from AP. They make sense too.

• scout

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:44 PM

my version of Pardews post match comments.

I thought we were magnificent today from the first whistle to the last. To take apart a well drilled Leicester City side was so pleasing. To get the 6 goals was terrific and Cisse’ hatrick was the icing on the cake. Gabby ran his socks off today and deserved his 2 goals and Jack even clipped in with his late effort.

6-0 VICTORY for those paying 15 sovs is real value

• Average_Contents

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Graeme

In my defence, at the time I was bamboozled by the kings comments and thus became distracted trying not to become irate at his latest drivel 😉

I failed miserably.

• Average_Contents

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:53 PM

• mag92

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:59 PM

NUST, won its ruling to have SJP classed an asset of the community value, the ACV, means if Ashley decides to sell, then NUST can bid to buy the stadium.

• midweek weekend

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:00 PM

ahhh alan pardew is now concerned about ebola now, another excuse lined up when does this nightmare end?

• welshgeordie9

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Good evening ladies welsh joker of the pack is in the house.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:04 PM

A husband and wife are trying to set up a new password for their computer. The husband puts, “Mypenis,” and the wife falls on the ground laughing because on the screen it says, “Error. Not long enough.”

Do you get it.

Ha ha ha

• welshgeordie9

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:10 PM

i knew I should have put change the record of the year award when I did my presentation.