Pardew Asks Crowd To Support This Confidence Player

During his press conference today, Alan Pardew was surprisingly upbeat and relaxed, even though he admitted he is under tremendous pressure to win on Saturday against Leicester City, and he said he managed to get a couple of days away with his family during the International break for a little relaxation.

Gabriel Obertan Gillingham+v+Newcastle+United+vilfK8mAxukl

Gabby Obertan – has played well for us this season

And during Alan’s press conference today, one reporter brought up the good form of Gabby Obertan a couple of times, and Alan said Gabby is a confidence player, and if his confidence is high and he keeps believing in himself, he can be an excellent player for Newcastle.

These are the comments he mad about Obertan:

¨Well Gabby Obertan has had a career which has been stop start a little bit, and he came here after Manchester United looking to really push on.”

¨And he had a great spell for us and he played in the period when we had that ten game unbeaten start, two or three years ago,  when we finished 5th – and he was prominent for us in that season.¨

¨And then he had injuries and lost his way a little bit,  and I think he’s a player who plays on confidence,  and I’m trying to get him in a place where his confidence is high.¨

¨And if our stadium can help him on Saturday, it’s going to help the team, and he will play on Saturday.  I think he’s been terrific and he needs to keep his confidence and keep believing in himself, and if he does that, then he will be a real threat against any opposition.¨

¨Gabby’s had some games at home in particular, where it’s not gone well for him at Newcastle, but when it does go well for him, he can make us look a different side, and we are hoping he now reaches an age where he has more maturity and confidence in his own ability.¨

¨Nobody in our squad questions his ability, because sometimes he can be breathtaking here,  but he needs to produce that on a Saturday or a Wednesday when we play.¨

Gabby has played well for us this season, and he’s certainly surprised us with his good form,  and in our last game he brilliantly set up Papiss Cisse for the first goal at Swansea, which came out of nothing – and that’s what we need to see from Gabby on Saturday afternoon.

When he’s on form he can be a very good player for us – and we need to have him show his very best form on Saturday.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• welshgeordie9

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Don’t worry pardew we will support right lads.

Lads

• mag92

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Obertan has had a raw deal off Pardew, now he’s back in favour due to desperation.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:14 PM

i wonder if we win at the weekend pardew will get a new contract, he deserves it.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:21 PM

After Brian proposed to Jill, his father took him to one side. “Son, when I first got married to your mother, the first thing I did when we got home was take off my pants. I gave them to your mother and told her to try them on, which she did. They were huge on her and she said that she couldn’t wear them because they were too large. I said to her, ‘Of course they are too big for you, I wear the pants in this family and I always will.’ Ever since that day, son, we have never had a single problem.” Brian took his dad’s advice and did the same thing to his wife on his wedding night. Then, Jill took off her panties and gave them to Brian. “Try these on,” she said. Brian went along with it and tried them on, but they were far too small. “What’s the point of this? I can’t get into your panties,” said Brian. “Exactly,” Jill replied, “and if you don’t change your attitude, you never will!”

• welshgeordie9

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Come on lads don’t disappear when i come on here, I want fun.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Why is it I’m always on my own on here, i thought I had mates on here.

• Go toon gooooo

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Gabriel Obertan is the only right winger left in Newcastle,isn’t it?

• welshgeordie9

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:30 PM

i think I will put some music on until they comes back.

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
    Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
    To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees
    Come and dance every night, sing with a hula melody

• welshgeordie9

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:31 PM

i thought Cabella and Sammy can play on the right.

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Subtle little trophy polishing again there, Alan? In reality, you’re crap.

Diverting attention from your dismal position to Obertan as well I see.

Some of Bishop’s PR checklist:

* Highlight previous positives in the face of sheer abysmal records.

* Wheel out anyone and everyone on the payroll and beyond to put a good word in.

* Divert attention from manager by focusing the crowd on player support during match day.

*Focus on your ‘family’ involvement and being a family man.

There is a list of strategies which have been and will be put in place to divert the pressure for the puppet and his owner in the face of being a ‘good’ supporter. Don’t get sucked in.

• firebug666

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Reading what the inept one has to say, it looks like more defensive football in our own half and try to nick a goal on the break….

God help us.

Sounds like Obie ton kanobi will be on the right so that means Samobie on the left then.

• Go toon gooooo

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Cabella and Sammy can play on the right but Sunderland fans will rub their hands for sure.

• firebug666

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM

welshgeordie

Our lass just said to me “sweetheart I’m going to make you a very happy man”, Packed have ya, was my reply.

• bladeuser

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Putting it simply pardew f@@@ off

• Average_Contents

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:59 PM

• cyprus

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:02 PM

This player is not very good at all. Sorry regarding the confidence thing…

• cyprus

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:03 PM

He’s had anything but a raw deal. He was kept on despite playing terribly, in hope that that elusive ‘confidence’ would appear.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:07 PM

i wonder if there will be any protests this weekend.

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:08 PM

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:12 PM

07/09/2014
    The combined goal difference of Gullit, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear, Shearer and Hughton is -32. Alan Pardew’s goal difference for just this calender year (bearing in mind we are only just over half way in Sept) stands at -28 (overall for his entire tenure: -40).

— sackpardew.com

• BuckLuck

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Obertan might not live up to his potential but his pace and width is extremely important to us. He creates a lot of space for others to run into. That is very underrated and what we have missed in almost every match the last year.

I’m happy to see him in the starting lineup but I would rather have Cabella on the other side instead of Goofy.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:33 PM

I was chatting today to a nice lad who was playing in the premiership last season. I just got on to Pardew before he got called away. He said Pardew loves himself and he has had a few run-ins with him. He’s had a long career but I didn’t get the chance to find out whether Pardew had ever managed him.

• stuart no9

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:42 PM

hahah pardew” —–¨And he had a great spell for us and he played in the period when we had that ten game unbeaten start, two or three years ago, when we finished 5th – and he was prominent for us in that season.¨ — hahah go on alan , say it as it is bonny lad. -and , no we havnt forgot alan son , you still have plenty of support on this blog matey who wont let us forget that 5th place finish in erm , when was it again ? but dont worry we havnt forgot .. for that 5th place finish you got an 8 year contract and you are unsackable. how could we forget.

• Average_Contents

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Will you be seeing him again blackley?

That reminds me, the father-in-laws brother is an ex-manager and I will be working with him soon (change of jobs for me, back on the rail) but not sure if he’s ever met him or heard any stories about him.

Needless to say I shall be interrogating him on the issue as soon as we start which should be around Christmas or just after. Obviously he might know fcukall but as the football world is close knit I’m hoping he does.

By the end of the first week together he’s gonna be wishing he never started lmfao 😀

• Blackley and Brownlie

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Average

Not sure as he’s just on a short term loan and my lad’s coming to the end of a 6 week trial for the under 16s. I was asking him about opponents (CBs he’s been up against). Rated Kompany the best, then Vidic. The strongest i.e. most powerful was Distin.

• Toon Tang

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Squidward’ll need the whole crowd on-side to support his heed eh.

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Blackley, don’t you know that “When you’re the King, you can do anything.”

What a prat he is. The Canteen King and full-time wooden boy.

There’s a few people who have left their posts at a club, simply because he is there. That’s how much of a vile imbecile he is.

The Pardew apologists still find nice things to say about him though, unbelievably.

• Ancientcoptic

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Sounds like training has been going good.

Sammy will be practising some crossing.

Obertan is getting a pat on the back and a wink from Alan.

Cabella is being force fed by the dietician, in the hope that after spending millions on him, he can be turned into a different player, resulting in goodness knows what.

• geordie157

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I wouldn’t mind seeing a 442 with Aaron’s down the left, obertan right, tiote and sissoko in the middle with cisse and riviere up top.

Would mean no cabella though, who is a player I think will come good. Players like cabella need time to adapt which is made even harder in a struggling side as you try harder to make things happen. Pires was crap at first for arsenal then after six months to a year he was class, apart from the diving of course.

Hhmm one major difference there I guess, pires didn’t have pardew as his manager, bugger!

• andrew84

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:50 PM

On a side note, has anyone seen our ‘mammoth’ big screen in action?

Twitter has a few photos…it looks absolutely tiny.

• geordie157

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Is Aaron’s back for Leicester?

If not play Sammy out left, gouffran needs a spell on the bench.

• Sliema

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:59 PM

andrew84

Mate. It’s absolutely hilarious isn’t it? Half the stadium can’t see it anyway, and it’s too small even for the fans sitting in most of the Sir John Hall stand to see!

What a joke.

• santonthenewmaldini

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM

@Geordie157

Was the same team I would like as well although would also like to see Cabella play instead of Riviere as well in a sort of free role behind Cisse

That would give 3 areas that could create chances for Cisse and say Sissoko coming into the box late will Pardew do it though ??

My guess is Gouffran and Colback will start in some capacity

• andrew84

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Sliema

I don’t think I can face the shame of having our game showing on MOTD from this point on….

• welshgeordie9

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:12 PM

A teacher wanted to teach her students about self-esteem, so she asked anyone who thought they were stupid to stand up. One kid stood up and the teacher was surprised. She didn’t think anyone would stand up so she asked him, “Why did you stand up?” He answered, “I didn’t want to leave you standing up by yourself.”

Did you get that.

Ha ha ha

• welshgeordie9

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:13 PM

I should be on the stage.

• Sliema

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:20 PM

andrew84

It’s shameful on the pitch, shameful off it, shameful stadium advertising, shameful TV screen (which I guarantee is only for more advertising space).

Pretty sad state of affairs.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:25 PM

LR32

My bro, Troy Stavers, has supported Pardew throughout and blames a crap squad for the current plight. But he says Pardew is only an average manager but we couldn’t get a better manager whilst Mikey is here. Also he believes in long term stability and argues against knee jerk reactions. He therefore hasn’t called for Pardew to be sacked but now calls for Pardew to be sacked just a few games into the season but only for a top manager. He sees nothing inconsistent in all this and has a few on the other site tearing their hair out at him. I haven’t spoken to him for two years over this.

• Graeme

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Husband says to new wife, you can’t change me, I’m the boss in this house and what I say goes. If I want to go for a beer with the boys, I will go, if I want to watch footy at the pub, I will be there, If the darts team needs me, I’ll be there.

New wife says no problem, you do whatever you want, its ok. BUT, every night at 8 pm I will be having sex, right here in this house
    wether you are here, or not!!
    Men just aint eqiuiped to negotiate like that lol

Just for welshgeordie @ 4

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Blackley, yes, I’ve seen you post about your disagreements with your brother before.

I hope you speak to him soon to sort it out. Which site does he go on now?