Can Pardew Get A Win And Save His Job?

The number one goal for Newcastle United right now is to win a Premier League game, and we get that chance on Saturday afternoon at home, and we are hoping the fans at the game will support the lads from the very first minute until that final whistle blows, whatever the final result.

alan pardew - before Swansea game

Alan Pardew – 700th game in charge on Saturday

We are hoping the Sack Pardew brigade will resist from protesting at this game, in the hope that we can get the win we really need – because another defeat will see us get deeper into a relegation fight.

From what we can tell,  the players are still right behind the manager, and they are desperate for a first league win of the season,  in what is one of the most important games Newcastle have played in a long time.

This is what Pardew has said today:

“The stats show that we have worked harder than the opposition in terms of our intensity and work rate,” “The stats back up the fact I haven’t lost the dressing room.”

“In terms of the energy and work rate we are putting in, every team we have played we have outworked physically, without getting the results we want.”

“I don’t think I’ve lost a dressing-room before, but sometimes you can be slightly misguided by that,  because you’re always thinking positively and think people are behind you.”

“Certainly, there have been no signs here of players not wanting to play for me, the players are desperate for the win. They are making mistakes rather than not wanting to win.”

“What we have lacked is what you need to win games,” “We need to create more opportunities to win games. That’s not just attacking, but not giving away goals either.”

“Again we’re going to have to play under pressure against Leicester. The players need to be able to deliver under pressure.”

“We’re just very  focused on Leicester, trying to get a win, rather than looking at the bigger picture. I don’t think the importance of this game is lost on anyone.”

It’s obvious the players are working hard in the last three or four games – but sometimes you can try too hard, and that may be some of what is happening with our players.

But the remedy is for the lads to get a win – and then maybe another one – because it’s only wins that will give the players the confidence they need to play at their very best and to relax a bit.

We are hoping we can get our first league win of the season on Saturday, and since this will be Alan Pardew’s 700th game as a manager – we hope he can get the win.

If we cannot get a win, then Mike Ashley may have a decision to make on whether he keeps Alan Pardew as the manager at Newcastle, because our next two games are against Tottenham and Liverpool. 🙁

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:52 PM

In his file he’ll simply have ‘float ball to Williamson’ on each page.

• Average_Contents

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:56 PM

I’m sorry king but the ex-owner of west ham stated the cancer needed to be cut from the dressing room.

That was you king.

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Resist the sackpardew campaign? We’re in a mess because he’s still here!

It’s pining over 3 points in the next game with disregard to the multitudes of points lost which is one of the reasons we’re in this mess now.

He shouldn’t be allowed to continue anymore.

Pardew out.

• Average_Contents

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:59 PM

What’s that king? You’ve never lost a dressing room? I beg to differ you cretinous horror.

Eggert Magnusson (West Ham chairman)

“The key factor was that something just wasn’t right in the dressing room. Tension had been building between the players and the manager for a while. That was a cancer we had to cut off.”

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:01 AM

“oh come on, let’s get behind Pardew, we need 3 points…”

Meanwhile, 18 dropped points later… Oh we get 3. Not good enough.

Wake up.

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Average, the sooner he is gone the better. I’m far beyond sick of him.

• Average_Contents

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Lots of running and graft just about sums up what it takes to get into the kings team.

If all else fails just pass it along the back 4 then the midfield and then give it back to willo who hoofs it to nobody.

Brilliant front foot attacking football at its finest eh king.

Smarmy chancer.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:11 AM

LR32

Troy’s still on Toonsys site. When I took the p1ss out of him relentlessly for his Vicky Pollard “yes but, no but” views, he took a mega hissy fit and left the blog. His sidekick Big Dave the bloghammer missed him so much and couldn’t stand up for himself without his buddy that he brought the bloghammer down on me on trumped up charges. I still look in from time to time as I enjoy seeing him getting slaughtered.

• Average_Contents

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Sorry I forgot to mention that occasionally colo will pass it sideways to dummett who flaps like a baby bird on its maiden voyage then either gives it straight back (to colo who gives it to willo to hoof) or hoofs it along the line himself.

“We wuz gud” “offerd a reel fret”

Brilliance personified.

I rest my case.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Change the record about pardew.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Boring

• andrew84

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Welsh

I replied to your comment on the other post but unfortunately it’s now out of date.

I’m very sorry my reply to your question wound you up. Next time, you might want to avoid asking questions where you don’t like the answer.

I learnt that life lesson years ago, you should too.

• andrew84

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Ed

I have full respect for you as the author of this blog, but I’m just curious as to who this “we” is that you often refer to.

Is it yourself, is it you and other people who help you run this blog? Or is it a ‘we’ as in the people who post on here?

The reason I ask is because I’m very much a member of the Sackpardew ‘brigade’, and I think they’re fighting a worthwhile cause to be honest.

I’m sick of this charlatan managing our club and I want him gone regardless.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Andrew84

No worries mate

• welshgeordie9

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Actually you haven’t wound me up it’s somebody who’s just come on here poking his nose in.

• andrew84

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Haha you and Average should kiss and make up. Accept your differences and move on.

Would you extend an olive branch, AC? 😀

• andrew84

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Tell you what…

I’ll go into Saturday with an open mind regarding the game. I’ll try and forget about our form, and where we are in the table, and support the lads 100%. Maybe the majority of the other fans will too.

But if they do underperform on the day, never again will I accept the “all the lads are desperate for a result, please don’t protest against us, we’re working so hard, our work-rate and intensity is excellent” BOL10X ever again, at least not until the King has bloody gone and abdicated.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:37 AM

andrew84

The thing is i don’t have a grudge with him it’s the other way round, I’m prepared to put my hand out and shake on it but I don’t think he will.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Not going to lose any sleep over it that’s for sure.

Goodnight all see you tomorrow.

• lesh

Oct 17, 2014 at 1:23 AM

andrew84

You’re clearly one of our newer posters (a member of Bullshit Bishop’s secret army are we?).

Had you been familiar with this blog, you’d know that the ‘we’ Ed uses refers to himself and his co-blogger, his son.

Nowt more sinister than that.