He’s Now Injury Free And So Enthusiastic

Newcastle fans know that Papiss Cisse has been in great form so far this season,  and he has already doubled the number of Premier League goals he scored in 24 appearances last term.

papiss cisse scores again

Papiss Cisse – in tremendous form at the moment

Papiss has four league goals in just three appearances this season, and that’s two more league  goals than he scored in all of last term, and some of his goals have been great opportunist goals – and let’s face it – it’s exactly what Newcastle need at the moment – goals out of nothing.

Alan Pardew knows the Senegal man is in scintillating form:

“He scored all sorts of goals that first year.” “I think Papiss is a natural goalscorer and we see that every day in training”

“It would be nice to see him score another absolute worldy of a goal,  but it doesn’t matter how they go in.”  “There have been times when it’s not been so natural for him.”

“Every striker goes through those periods.” “But this season, he’s injury-free and more enthused than I’ve seen him in a long time.”

“When goalscorers get their tails up, they have an unbelievable knack of finding a goal.” “His first at Swansea, I don’t think anyone else here could have scored that goal.”

“We need to increase the number of chances we create for him.” “But the chances he’s had so far, he’s taken and you can’t ask for any more than that from a striker.”

One thing that worries us about tomorrow’s game is the counter-attacking ability of Leicester City, and they have some very speedy players, and it’s been a weakness of Newcastle’s for at least two seasons – we always seem to have trouble dealing with any fast breaks.

And the game tomorrow is really a do or die game for our players – we just have to get a win, but we can only move up one place in the league table and that would mean that Everton lose at home to Aston Villa if we beat Leicester.

That shows you how poor a position we are in at the moment,  after seven games played, and we’ll need a few wins to start moving up the Premier League table.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• andrew84

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:56 AM

I’m hoping that Cisse gets some decent service tomorrow but obviously that all depends on the formation that the King decides to use. I’m hoping he goes for at least a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, but I’ve got a nagging feeling he’s going to go back to his favourite 4-2-3-1. One upfront. At home. Against a newly-promoted team.

• andrew84

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:03 AM

While I’m on here, I noticed Lesh was online about 20 minutes ago so I just wanted to respond to his reply to one of my posts that I put on last night.

Lesh asked me, for some reason or other, if I was a ‘plant’ under the instruction of the Bishop PR machine, as I seem to have only just appeared on this blog…

Well Lesh, I might not have been posting on here for too long (about 3 months), but I have been an avid reader of this blog for the last 18 months. I asked Ed who he meant when he refers to ‘we’ in his articles purely out of curiosity. I might be a regular reader of the blog but that does not necessarily mean I remember every detail of every post, so I didn’t know that ‘we’ refers to Ed and his son. Sorry about that mate.

The only other thing I would point out, is that I’m more than a bit confused about your accusation that I have been sent here by Mike Ashley’s PR team. You appear to have read my original post, but you must have missed the part where I said that I was very much AGAINST Mike Ashley, and I am completely in support of the Sack Pardew ‘brigade’.

Just wanted to clear that up. I’m just an ordinary fan who wants the best for my club….just like I assume you are.

• Toon Tang

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Papiss to drag Pards from the quicksand once again I reckon. We will win tomorrow but only by a hairs breadth.

Moseltof…

• Reyantoon

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:17 AM

Good to see Ryan T back.He was one of our best player in our successful 11/12 season, together with
    obertan,jonas, Ba and santon.I don’t think he will play today,but will give some contribution in our upcoming games.If he were fit enough,I’d play him at left back in place of Dummett.
    His free kicks were excellent together with his set pieces.I’m sure he’ll inspire the team in future games.He made strong back 4 in 11/12 season @ lb
    No disrespect for Leicester but I think it is winnable game.The important thing is to score first. If we can do that,the game will be ours..
    Did I hear Reviere got a knock in training?
    If that is the case,it’s gonna be one upfront:

krul
    janmaat-william-colo-dummett
    tiote-colback
    obertan-sissoko-goufran
    cisse

Sub: cabella,Anita,Perez,Armstrong,
    haidara,abeid,Elliot..

Howay the KING!

• ROSHAN MAGPIE

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:43 AM

Leicester fans have made a Dont sack pardew banner for tomorrows game !When the opposition dont want your manager sacked then its deffo time to go

• lesh

Oct 18, 2014 at 4:44 AM

ROSHAN – will the ‘Don’t sack Pardew’ banner’ll be confiscated along with the ‘Pardew out’ ones?

Andrew – g’day young feller and good to hear you’re a thoroughbred Mag and keen for progress from the mess we’re in.

Keep smilin’ and apologies for any offence you might have taken. Such is the air of discontent and suspicion among posters.

It’s a little after four am and was dreaming that Ed had blogged that MA had told Pardew to go – no such luck. Ed, you’re a mischief maker for making my dream be just that.

Hey ho, happy days are here again, la lala la la la la la la…….

🙁

• ROSHAN MAGPIE

Oct 18, 2014 at 6:28 AM

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 18, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Some of you may have seen this quote by Professor Noam Chomsky, and whilst being apparent in society, it is also heavily part of the club’s propaganda.

“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum….”. – Noam Chomsky

———-

Pardew’s ‘easy’ interviews are the first port of call for that. Distractions, excuses, manipulation on all levels.

It’s disgusting.

• hibbit

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:48 AM

bishops job was to get the club through the 2 week break with out to much trouble he has done that with his handling of the press and drip feed stories now it can go either way depending on todays results a win and he has a great result a lose it will kick off again and he starts again

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 18, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Roshan, when Sunderland fans sing not to sack Pardew, that says it all as to the sterling job he’s doing.

• Bambams

Oct 18, 2014 at 8:31 AM

This international break has allowed all of us to really see the mess we are in. I had a few days off this week and caught up with about five motd recordings. Some teams are playing some great stuff. Unfortunately we are not.
    I can only see QPR as the one team who look totally divided and will be in bottom three. Even Burnley play some decent stuff.
    I am genuinely massively concerned we could drop this season……We have all thought it fleetingly, mentioned it on the blog. But by jeeves we are in trouble !
    Two more games is all he can have!

Imo