Newcastle Reported After Four New Players For January

It’s not a bad bet that Newcastle would be scouting players right now and trying to line up some good players we can bring in during January.

danny ings

Danny Ings – Newcastle interested

We reported earlier today that Newcastle are tracking 21 year-old Ipswich Town left back Tyrone Ming, and the former Southampton Academy player was the Championship Player of the Month last month and is playing well in East Anglia.

And it wouldn’t surprise us if Newcastle put in a bid for the player in January.

There was news yesterday – for about the fifth weekend in a row – this time in the Star – that we will try to bring in former striker Andy Carroll in January.

The reason that story keeps cropping up,  is that Andy may find it difficult to get his place back in the Hammers side when he retunrs form injury, with new striker signings Diafra Sakho and Enner Valencia both playing well – and Andy is also on huge wages in London.

But Andy’s agent, West Ham and Andy himself have said that will not happen, but you never know, and we think bringing in Andy on a loan deal inn January could be a possibility, depending on his situation early next year.

There were reports over the weekend that Newcastle want to bring Jamaal Lascelles back from his loan spell at Nottingham Forest, since we have only three center-backs available this season, and one of them – Mike Williamson – was injured last week.

While that would be a decent move as a back up – the news that Steven Taylor could go the other way makes no sense – why would we let an experienced PL player leave,  when you are short of cover in that position?

But Newcastle let Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa leave at the end of the summer transfer window, which put us into this position in the first place. 🙁

And the Mail on Sunday reported that long time striker target 22 year-old Danny Ings,  is still refusing to sign a new contract extension at Burnley, and he will become a free agent next summer.

There’s a decent possibility that Newcastle could offer Burnley a decent fee for him in January, so the Lancashire club get at least something for their player, rather than nothing next summer.

And it will depend on how Burnley are positioned in the league, and if they are in with a chance of survival in January, it’s unlikely they will want to sell one of their best players half way through the season.

Not many clubs like doing that – with Newsletter being the exception.

We expect Newcastle to bring in some players in January, and here are four players we could be lining up.

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Ibizatoon

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Morning Ed, it’s not only “newsletter” that don’t mind doing that, but Newcastle too! 🙂

• Average_Contents

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM

The king admits he had to make excuses during our shockingly bad run over the past year. He was bored with said excuses and couldn’t look fans in the eyes about town.

He also said the anger was understandable but in this day and age with social media you have to have a thick skin so now we’ve got the win which it didn’t matter how it come about, he can relax with a nice glass of wine.

Don’t think I have to add my usual sarcastic thoughts on the knobber.

• Ibizatoon

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Also Ed, just to get any admin points out of the way…any chance of updating the table on the sites main page? You still have us rooted to the bottom of the table

• anthc

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I’d take roy of the rovers over pardew. The mans an idiot and admitted to filling us with sh*te with his excuses which were getting boring. A bit like your football team alan because that last game was utter dross. I found it really difficult to stay awake as did my son in the first half. Pardew out roy of the rovers in!
    As for andy carroll no thank you unless hes free. Danny ings has he even scored yet in the prem? We need players who can perform now not young little cash cows that ashley can make a fortune on at the expense of our premier league status. Our club really is a joke.

• lesh

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Repost from previous thread:

Keeping Pardew till the end of or near the end of the season and replacing him early should minimise disruption and allow the new manager to take stock and build from there.

It’s clear that Pardew is not up to the job and keeping him will provide Ashley with more grief and run the risk of relegation, yet again. He’s shown he’s not even up to being a consistent mid-table manager.

Time he went, regardless of where we end up.

Oh, and goooooooooood morning all..

😀

• beermonkey

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:02 AM

that Lascelles must be doing something right
    while he was with the under 21s in the break he was traing with the full England team, along with a couple of other defenders there looking to fasttrack to the main squad, I have yet to see the lad play I will look forward to it

so we pay to bring him back early will he play at all will he dislodge willo or even colo no so why bring him back let him stay and get games where he is

I didn’t realise willo was injured so there was no decision for pards to make he had no choice I fully expect willo to take his place in the team next match

all hail the king

• lesh

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:02 AM

anthc

Even if Carroll were free, his wages would still be a waste of money.

He’s spent most of his time injured since he left us and with Ashley being ever focused on wages as a percentage of turnover, I don’t think he’d be keen on wasting money on him.

• ToonMatt

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:03 AM

None of these players are good enough, Ings on a free? It’s embarrassing, We are a pure laughing stock.

• Barton

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Yep lets bring Lascelles back,he can sort out our defensive woe’s…..not,the lad can not even get in the forist team,has not started a game all season,you want to seriously tell me he the answer?

• beermonkey

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:15 AM

carol wont come back wages are a big factor and so is the fact he had been out for over the best part of a year

lesh
    is right in wages have a factor it was not long ago that pards had said he had to trim the wages
    Ashley didn’t like the fact we pay out over 15mill a year on players that don’t make the bench and I am sure this is one of the reasons we shipped out mbiwa because the club could not get shot of players like taylor obertan marveax benny

to be fair to Ashley I think if pards used the players he prob would have been ok aslong as were below the income to wages % set out but he has a point

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:20 AM

I really think Pardew should have said the bare minimum after the game. He cannot help himself strutting around like a peacock.

The mood will be judged after the Spurs game. If we come away from that off the end of a bad result Pardew is right back in the mire and at square one. We will see how far away we are from sides we should be competing with. It’s also a good time to play Spurs they’re indifferent form.

I think if we get battered Ashley has to start looking at alternatives, we were terrible against Leicester for the most part. We have a way of dragging down teams to our level at the moment which is helping a bit but it’s not good enough. We have the mentality of the underdog every single game and it’s starting to really piss me off.

• mindshaft

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Good time to play both Spurs and Liverpool as they are both pretty poor at the moment – sadly we are worse and I can only see two defeats from these games plus a hammering from man city in between

• geordie157

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:38 AM

We’ll only go for players who are unproven in the prem or are out of contract next summer.

On that basis I’d take ings, Wickham, narsingh and a commanding centre back.

• geordie157

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Spurs and Liverpool especially with the amount of money spent really should have better defences.

• Wayayman

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:51 AM

For what it’s worth, on Lascelles not being in Forest’s first team – my mate is a huge Forest fan and reckons that Pearce was mightily pee’d off at the way the sale of him and Darlow was handled. Lascelles apparently swanned into training when he signed for us and told Pearce, which was the first Pearce knew about any of it. He took exception at the way he acted and dropped him at that point. Pearce isn’t the forgive-and-forget type exactly, is he?!

• Wayayman

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:53 AM

If we sign Ings and Mings, can we play them on the wings?

• martoon

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Geremi’s Prosthetic Leg Fund @11 – There are times when Pardew talks bullsh*t but to be fair to be him I thought he summed up the game fairly well. We didn’t play great football but just did enough to overcome Leicester. It was never going to be a classic. Hopefully there will be less pressure against Spurs & Liverpool so we might just sneak a result from one of these 2 games.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:56 AM

geordie157 // Oct 20, 2014 at 9:08 AM

I’d prefer a karanka type manager, young, side plays good passing football.

The ideal replacement would be de boer, his coaching team would give us a modern approach, they may even have a good fitness coach!
    – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

Talking my language here.

pardew’s boring and repetitive excuses mirror the way his teams play.

• martoon

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Wayayman @15 – If that is true then maybe it adds substance to the story about swapping Saylor for Lascelles!
    @16 – I like it 🙂

• Rotonda heights

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:03 AM

jail

if you’re going to split hairs after playing 53 times for Eire, it’s actually Hughton , not Houghton.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Mindshaft

Liverpool and spurs are 5th and 8th respectively. if that’s poor what does that make us!!

• mindshaft

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Rotunda – that makes us proper sh!te – Liverpool were extremely lucky to beat QPR yesterday but will probably beat us hands down

• mag92

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Danny ings he’s worse than Shola and surely Saylor is a better player than Williamson.

• 70TWO

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:47 AM

lesh / cyprus / Average Content

Just want to thank you guys for your responses and am in the process of redrafting, in terms of being more specifically about the Fans Forum and re-establishing local links.

• dazzler

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:47 AM

If we’re reportedly after 4 we will get none.

I see Pardew has come out with another great contradiction today regarding his excuses. Hasn’t he been stating for weeks that he doesn’t make excuses and that those accusations were unfounded?

• Mint

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Why does everyone keep saying Moyes is the favorite to replace Parsnip? He said to BBC he will only go to a club with ambition, and most likely europe in sights.

We are opposite of what he wants – complete opposite – at least with current regime.

• dazzler

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Personally I see us scraping a point against one of Liverpool and Spurs and getting mauled by the other. The issue I have with us is we struggle against teams who play football but like against Swansea we managed to scrape a draw and I see it happening once, probably against Spurs.

• dazzler

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Mint,

I think it’s because when you look at the odds he’s top of the list. I think he is unlikely however. I wouldn’t want him anyway.

• geordie157

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:09 PM

I’ve been impressed with darlow at forest, looks to be a confident keeper, decent distribution, good shot stopper.

Shame lascelles can’t get in the side.

Streete I think has started one game for port vale, was a unused sub at the weekend.

Nice to see one of our ex players is doing well, Marcus Madison at Peterborough, scored a great free kick.

In other news Matty Pattinson is at Gateshead asking with Carl Finnigan, another two who were hyped up youth players.

• geordie157

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Asking….along with.

• Reyantoon

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:24 PM

mint
    Moyes managed Everton for more than 10 years.During those years,he managed to win BPL mgr of the year 3 times.I don’t want him either, but if I were to choose from him,pulis and Bruce,I would choose Moyes.He told bbc recently that he is ready to return to mgt,and is waiting for the right club.BBC commentators yesterday stated that Mike Secretly contacted Moyes about his interest in manag’g NU.

• mecannylad

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:34 PM

There are so many folk on this blog obsessed with the prospect of managerial change at our club it must be purgatory for them that the axe hasn’t fallen on Pardew yet.
    I fear that for the remainder of this season our purgatory will continue.
    Having survived so far it seems to me that AP’s past performance nevertheless puts him probably only three consecutive defeats away from dismissal….. but if he staggers somehow into the transfer window and is allowed to spend Ashley’s transfer budget then I fear we have him for the whole season come what may.
    Purgatory indeed…. whichever way we want to look at it.

• stan anderson

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I think the PR is having the required effect on fans.
    More blogs on here about us keeping him till xmas or the end of the season,this after we managed to beat mighty Leicester City by 1-0.
    We always get taken in by the sh-te we are fed,makes me sick.Ashley out,Pardew out and take the coaches with you,including my onetime idol Pedro.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I agree that out of the British merry go round managers that always seem to be up for a managers job that Moyes is the best option .

For me though I would like to see us go for someone like De Boar or Garcia before Roma snapped him up .

• manxpie

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I wonder how many of the posters saying we only beat the mighty Leicester 1-0 voted we’d lose?

• mag92

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Let’s see how they perform against Tottenham and that’ll give a good indication of how the things are.

• Average_Contents

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Yanga on his time so far at Roma. Deemed not good enough by the king.

How utterly depressing this is.

After banking another clean sheet the ecstatic Frenchman heaped praise on Garcia: ”I know him from his time coaching at Lille and he likes to play football in a good way with the team playing out from defence which suits me, and that is why it is a pleasure to play for him as he makes the team feel at ease.

“I feel I can really grow a lot as a player under him.”

Newcastle are prepared to sell Yanga-Mbiwa for a reduced rate at the end of his loan deal.

By that time Yanga-Mbiwa may have banked another medal to go with his title gong picked up at Montpellier earlier in his career.

He said: “There is a still long way to go in the season and we can’t give up on the Scudetto, we have to fightback and try and be successful at the end of the season.”

• mag92

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:16 PM

After watching the football this weekend most of the teams in the premier league are beatable.

• fishy

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:21 PM

i am a newcastle supporter from hk. i want a Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Skin Sticker Official.
    Anyone supporter in england can help me to buy? please email to contract me fishy_uen@hotmail.com. Many thanks!

• Tsunki

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:34 PM

I voted draw. Not far off.