Ryan Taylor – I’m Available – Ready For Comeback

On Monday, Ryan Taylor played his first full game for Newcastle since August of two years ago,  when he suffered the first of two successive and very serious ACL knee injures.

ryan taylor new strip

Ryan Taylor – ready for comeback after 26 months out

After more than 26 months out of the game, Ryan completed his first full game since August of 2012, after his two serious knee injuries.

And Taylor was close to where he is at now back in April if last year, but then he suffered the same injury again, which was disastrous for him.

But at that time he was operated on by world-famous surgeon Dr. Richard Steadman in Vail, Colorado, and he has played three comeback games this season.

This is what Ryan has said today:

“I can at least declare myself available and look to push on” “I’ve had a chat with the manager and I’d love to go to Tottenham.”

“It would just be nice to get back involved.” “It’s a long time since I’ve played 90 minutes so the U21 game was something I needed.”

“We built up to it well. We just had to get through 90.” “Now I can at least declare myself available and look to push on.”

And U21 coach Peter Beardsley has praised Ryan’s mental strength he has displayed since August of 2012, which is a long time ago:

“That’s the big story for the gaffer,” . “The gaffer has been one of his biggest fans. ” “He’s supported him all the way with the T-shirts  the players warmed up in against Aston Villa in September of 2012, and everything that he’s done for Ryan, so the gaffer will be happier than anyone.”

“In that sense, it’s brilliant.” ” It’s two years since he last played a full game so because of that, the way he’s made the comeback is incredible.”

“What he’s done and what he’s gone through, the hard work, the hours that nobody sees – it’s incredible what he’s come through,  and hopefully he’s not far away from playing in the first team.”

“What he’s gone through, I couldn’t have coped with – I genuinely couldn’t, and I’m not just saying that.”  “He’s a proper man.” “The Club have been great, the doc’s been great,”

“Derek Wright (long time physio) has been great; he’s had lots of people there encouraging him, but he’s still got to do the work.”

“As much as we try to help him, he’s the one who’s done the work, and he deserves all the credit.”

Ryan may not make the match day squad of 18 for the game at Tottenham on Sunday, but we hope he at least travels with the squad to get back into what it’s like being part of the first team squad.

And we’re sure when he does make his comeback on the pitch,  the Geordie fans will give him a standing ovation for all he’s been through.

That’s the very least this man deserves.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Brutooon

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:40 AM

where to play him?

• lesh

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Brutoon

Where to play Raylor?

Easy, Pardew’s got that sorted and will position him to use his strengths – striker!

• Toon Tang

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Ryan Taylor, over the wall

• Reyantoon

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:01 AM

The clash away to spurs on Sunday will be good time for us to play.When they play in EL and return to mighty PL,I think they won only one game,and usually get scrappy . So’ll be great opportunity for us to snatch a win like last year.I don’t expect much change in our starting eleven but may be replace Dummett with Haidara at LB.It’s not fair to change a winning team but I think haidara is much stronger and quicker than Dummett.I like to see Ryan Taylor on the bench as well and some game time later on.He may rock them with his beauty set pieces.I feel we will get atleast a point if not win.. HWTL!!

meanwhile;
    MBIWA and co get smashed last night by inform, classy Bavarians. How on earth some in here complaining about his departure?I saw him last night,he still is no where near premiereship standard player.He is average defender,suitable for dutch or French lg.I haven’t seen any improvements on him.He is same player just like he was here with us.open your eyes lads,glad they let him go.we should take the £5m offer with our two hands and move on!!

• la.jim

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:26 AM

I would put on the bench and bring him in in the 80th minute and let him get a little stretch of the legs,

• jimmysmith

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:13 AM

Mbiwa, from what I’ve seen of him wasn’t good enough to be at Newcastle. No disgrace in it. I’d say at any given time we’ve really been lucky to have had 11 players fit to wear the shirt consistently. Out of this squad, fully fit, you might just get there, maybe, and that’s assuming Cabella and De Jong are legit and even then you’d be going in with at least one sub standard centre back.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 22, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Yes Peter, everyone is great at our great club, that’s why we are in our third real relegation struggle in seven years under our great owner.

• cyprus

Oct 22, 2014 at 7:07 AM

On the various headlines I’ve missed:

Obertan ‘unplayable’: That’s really stretching it, he has been very ‘playable’ for years, as he hasn’t proven he can actually play. Hope he proves me wrong…

On having turned the corner with that win: Let’s see what we do in the next two games. IF we win one of them, then we’ll be semi-ok… for now

On Marveaux: pay attention AP.

• Jeff from Benwell

Oct 22, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Peter Beardsley has praised Ryan’s mental strength “What he’s gone through, I couldn’t have coped with – I genuinely couldn’t, and I’m not just saying that.” “He’s a proper man.” – – – – – Which is more than can be said for the mean spirited and petty Jail for Ashley

• Brutooon

Oct 22, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Raylor possible positions:

1) Right Back – but now Janmaat is automatic first choice

2) Left back – before he got Jonas who will always cover him

3) Centre Mid – already full with tiote,colback,anita,sissoko

4) Right wing – He cant beat players and he play there during championship – Average performance

• bladeuser

Oct 22, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Peter u forgot to mention that the tea lady was great u little arse licker

• Slank

Oct 22, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Reyantoon @ 4

I watched the Roma match and Mbiwa wasn’t very good but to be fair none of the Roma players were that good or made to look good by an outstanding German team.

• Slank

Oct 22, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Brutooon @ 10

Difficult one.

Probably a cover for Janmaat as he is a red card just waiting to happen.

If Tiote and Colback were both unavailable then I can see him playing there.

But other than these two positions I don’t see a place for him.

• Mag52

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Cyprus.

To be fair, the whole point about players going out on loan is for them to get more playing time in competitive matches and to, hopefully, improve.
    Marveaux could still have a career at NUFC.

• Ibizatoon

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Mag52…I think that is true of our younger players, but with regards to Marv and MBiwa I think it is nothing less than getting their wages off the books as we couldn’t sell them.

So, am I right in guessing there was a full on blog battle over the fact Roma conceded 7 last night?

• cyprus

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Mag,
    You are right, but I’d say that’s mainly for kids.

It would seem that people like Marveaux, Routledge, HBA are not what AP can work with. I hope this doesn’t mean Cabella as well. Goals come from such players, it’s as simple as that. Organised defenses dread these ‘magicians’ because they can ruin ‘lines’, tactics etc.