Pochettino Wary Of Newcastle – Pardew Sleeping Better

We won 1-0 in last season’s fixture at White Hart Lane so the stats are probably against us pulling off another win at White Hart Lane, but of course you never know what’s going to happen with Newcastle.

Mauricio Pochettino _3000205b

Mauricio Pochettino – Spurs manager

Mauricio Pochettino is busy stamping his coaching style on the players, and it’s an important game for Spurs coming off of their 5-1 win over Asteras Tripolis in the Europa league on Thursday night.

This is what the former Argentine International center-back has said on Spurs TV:

“They have very good players.” “Maybe in the beginning of the season it was difficult for them, but in the last game they got the three points at home.¨

“That means they are coming here with confidence, but we need to show a good performance and try to win the three points.”

“We play at home in front of our supporters and we hope that we have a very good performance and get the three points.”

Alan Pardew dodged a (big) bullet last Saturday when the lads got their first league win of the season, with the team playing well in the second half to grab all 3 points.

And the Newcastle manager seems to have had some pressure lifted since he says he’s even sleeping better these days:

“I sleep better than one or two in this room. But I’m just focused on getting this team as high up the league as possible.¨ “This team should be in and around the top 10, fighting for the top six or seven – if everything falls your way even higher than that, which happened to us before.¨

“But that feels a long way off at the moment.”  “You try to plan and be thorough and test your staff and players to give your team the best chance of winning. Our planning and preparation have been thorough, and that’s what you have to do.”

“Spurs are shielded by the depth of their squad. It must be difficult to manage that group because there isn’t a great deal of difference between about 20 players.¨ “The manager can pick a completely different XI and it won’t be far away in terms of quality from the XI he picked on Thursday.¨

“What you find in the Europa League is that you haven’t got the funds to have the squad. I think Spurs are in a good position to challenge in the Europa League.”

We will find out how improved Newcastle are in the game tomorrow at White Hart Lane and if we can pick up at least a point int he game we suppose Alan Pardew may sleep even better tomorrow night.

Anything but a defeat would be acceptable in tomorrow’s game, and we must be in with some chance with Tottenham having played on Thursday night.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Average_Contents

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Graeme

Will fill you in later today or tomorrow mate I’m just having some family time watching the new turtles movie on it lol.

Beermonkey could help you out he knows a bit if I don’t get a chance.

• Graeme

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:21 PM

I dont see us losing by more thaan 4 – P45DUE has us well set up on the front foot.

• Graeme

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Cheers Average, much appreciated – enjoy your day with the turtles – maybe you should have saved that for tomorrow lol

• MacToon

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:24 PM

You can get them from eBay from about £40 if you shop about Graeme. Need a decent internet connection and google helps if you need to install/reboot/add or take stuff off and possibly get the most from it.
    AC, have you tried and got P2P-Stream to work on UK games?

• beermonkey

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Graeme

what would you like to know

• santonthenewmaldini

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Sunderland getting dominated come on Arsenal more goals please !!!

• welshgeordie9

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Can’t believe the Real Madrid vs Barcelona match is on the same time as the swans match, oh well at least I’ve got tickets to one of the games, leaving to go to the liberty shortly, back on tonight.

• MacToon

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Beermonkey, have you tried and got P2P-Stream to work on UK games? What version of xbmc have you, Frodo or Gotham?

• mag92

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:49 PM

HBA is giving old Gerrard a football lesson!

• beermonkey

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:54 PM

mactoon

I use gotham

not used uk games but I have struggled to get p2p stream to work on xbmc but I use it on a laptop I don’t have the box where it all comes set up and working

• MacToon

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Ah, got ya. P2P – streams uses acestream (download and install first 😉 ) and sopcast and can watch foreign matches at near HD quality with no problem but when trying to use Bloodzeed or similar it starts up then always drops out – bloody frustrating but maybe Gotham might work better as I’m using Frodo.

• Average_Contents

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Stepped out for a ciggy.

Mactoon

It’s on the box but I don’t use it. I go on SportsDevil as there always on that. The £40 ones aren’t as good because there either the older model or don’t come fully loaded which means you have to load most of the add-ons yourself which I couldn’t be arsed doing as there’s hundreds mate. Mine runs on Gotham 13.1 and updates all the add-ons for me. A bit like the android sticks one wandering geordie was on about.

Graeme

No hassle no fuss (if you get the fully loaded version) just plug in your telly with a HDMI lead which you get with the box (plus a remote) and it connects to your wifi but like Mactoon said you have to have a pretty decent connection or the streaming will be shite. You can also use a ethernet cable to connect from the box to the router which would cut out any loss of signal issues. Mines right next to my router so it hardly ever loses connection.

Mine cost 80 off eBay from a seller in the UK. Chinese ones sometimes take weeks to come and then crash so definitely use UK seller mate. Obviously the quality of the streams depends on the person broadcasting said streams but overall definitely watchable and I saved a fortune to boot.

Hope this helps.

• beermonkey

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:05 PM

mactoon

I cant get acestream to work either but I need to sit down for a couple of hrs and sort never think about it until its near match time
    then I try and set it up lol

• santonthenewmaldini

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:07 PM

vipleague.se

Perfect streams I am watching Mackem game and Liverpool Hull at same time !

• Average_Contents

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:08 PM

This box I’ve got has acestream already installed 😉

Anyway back to the film and graeme, yes I should of waited till tomorrow lol.

• MacToon

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Download and install acestreams first, change a few of the settings and make sure you turn it on first before trying any links.
    Dual core boxes start from about £40 and quads from about £50. Just seen a quad with 1G of DDR with Gotham and preloaded. Tempted to replace mine with that.

• MacToon

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:14 PM

So have you tried P2P-stream AC?

• MacToon

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM

OK. sorry think you answered that.

• santonthenewmaldini

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:18 PM

We should be able to beat Liverpool at the moment they are shocking

• Graeme

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Beer @ 5

Mum’s place has an old tv which has S-video and R-W-B inputs, definately no scarts or USB sockets – The sky box plugs into her arial socket!! will an M8 Android box work?
    My tv has USB inputs, so I guess it will work on that? My main question is how do you control it, search for Footy games, movies etc? I have read that you are better using your laptop to control the box as the remote is not much cop!!
    I would gladly buy one if I know its going to work as my Sky bill is £80 a month!!
    Any advice would be most hekpful!!

• MacToon

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Any HDMI inputs Graeme? What they usually use.

• lochinvar

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Nine points behind West Han and 12 points behind Southampton and it’s not yet November. Go figure Pardew. Only 3 points will do now.

• Graeme

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Average / Beer / MacToon – my set has HDMI inputs, the one at Mums place doesnt.
    I would prefer something that needs minimum downloads etc as kids will also be trying to use it – although they are much more clued up than I am lol

• beermonkey

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Graeme

you can various converters on ebay a hdmi to s video is about 12 quid

so you should able to to find something that will link to your tv

if you have a pc you can download it and have a look just google xbmc and you will find it

• Marty-Toon

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Ben Arfa taken off after 70 mins,tbh he didn’t do very much against a very poor looking Liverpool team today.
    Hull have been better after he came off .
    He does as usual a couple of nice turns and touches and that’s it.

• Graeme

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Beer @ 24, cheers mate, I’ll work on getting my set fixed up first. Mum’s set must be 15 years old, probably on its last legs and ready to be replaced. Once she changes it, her new set is bound to have HDMI plugs and I can buy a seperate box that can be used on her set.
    Its more a case of teaching her how to use it to watch ordinary tv, getting movies etc. She isnt into sport at all lol

• Marty-Toon

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Hope Liverpool are as poor when they come to our place although they’ve played well the last 15 mins

• Graeme

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Beer – This one is on amazon. Do I need the mini keyboard they are offering?

• beermonkey

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Graeme

you can set all your fave channels and programs and then all you have to do is goto the faves folder and click what you want just to make life a little easier

but take a look on a pc if you can its a free try before you buy

• optimistic prime

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Results weren’t to bad for us today any result tomorrow would pull us out the bottom three which would be nice.

I can’t see us getting out but I’d love to get a point just to put mackems in bottom three, it’s not likely Pardews going anytime soon so I’m just hoping for the best really.

Will Cabella play tomorrow or has he had he chance?

• Thump

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:11 PM

@Graeme: Don’t spend £60 on one. tbqh I don’t think they’re worth it. If you have an old computer laying around (or old laptop) install XBMC and install XBMC Hub’s Custom Wizard. It’ll install everything you need to use it. Hell, install it on the computer you’re using and see what it can do before making any decisions.

• Graeme

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Thump, I’m using a 1 year old MacBookPro 15″ laptop – I cant afford to screw it up lol

• MacToon

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:22 PM

XBMC worked ok on my laptop but the android box is great for the tv. Full HD films etc. and for the money one of the best things I’ve bought.
    Graeme, you don’t need a keyboard and mouse as you can use the remote but it’s much easier imho with the combination of all 3 😉

• Graeme

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:27 PM

MacToon – the new box @ 28 above is £62.49 and the remote control is

JUSTOP 2.4Ghz Mini Wireless Keyboard With Touchpad and Multimedia Keys for HTPC PS3 XBOX360 Android … £11.99

Or both for £77.49 – about 1 months sky subscription!!!

• Thump

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:28 PM

@Graeme: I’m using a 2 year old MBP laptop and it runs better on here than it does on the android box. It’s perfectly safe, if something does go wrong, just uninstall it. Simples!

• MacToon

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I’d be tempted to buy that box Graeme, sounds good and not bad for a wireless keyboard+mouse. Think I just bought basic set at Asda which works fine too.

• bladeuser

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Whats he wary of our solid defence or our penetrating midfield or maybe it our star studded strike force the only thing he should b wary of is if his strikes cannot score more than four as pardum will attempt to park the bus

• Ron Knee

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:50 PM

I wish we had the Hull defence.

• mag92

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Real Madrid, looking sharper than a porcupines backside!

• Thump