Spurs Manager – It’s Important To Have Respect

Current Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino played for Argentina 20 times with two goals from 1999 through 2002, and the former Newell’s Old Boy played for both Bordeaux and PSG in France during his playing career of 17 years.

mauricio pochettino _375225c

Mauricio Pochettino in his playing days for Argentina

Mauricio finished his playing career (he was a central defender) at Espanyol in Spain, from 2004-2006, and three years after retiring he returned to the club as their manager and stayed there for three years, and then Southampton signed him up in January of last year.

He has had great success so far in managing Southampton, and he made them into one of the best sides to watch last season with their all out attacking style,  and Spurs brought him to White Hart Lane in the summer.

The Argentine was asked if he had any sympathy for Alan Pardew – who has been derided this year by a section of the Newcastle fans, and there have been organized protests to try to get Mike Ashley to fire the Londoner.

This is what Mauricio said:

“I do have sympathy. I don’t like it when every single manager is under pressure or is getting a lot of criticism. In your career, you have always ups and downs.”

“It’s important to have respect. In this job, you always go through moments of difficulties.”

“As a player and as a manager, I have had some bad moments. I played for 17 years. Every season is not the same. Some seasons you have success, others you have bad performances.”

“As a manager, you have to accept pressure. The best way to deal with this situation is to be natural, be professional, try to deliver your best and, in football, anything can happen.”

It should be a good game tomorrow at White Hart Lane,  but Newcastle will need to start this game quickly and be on the front foot, because in the past we’ve gone down to too many early goals.

A win or a draw from this game tomorrow will be a good result for Newcastle –  that’s what we are hoping for.

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Thump

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Lip service. He knows exactly how Pardew will set up, he knows our tactics, and knows how to stress out our defence (go near them with a football, basically).

So yeah, 5-1 to us I reckon.

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:04 AM

In 2014…

Won half as many as West Ham

Lost twice as many as Southampton

Failed to Score twice as frequently as WBA

Scored half as many as Everton

@mikeashleylies

——-

Are they the sovereign states which Pardew says we can’t compete with?

Oh no, they’re not.

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:06 AM

The new sack Pardew banners for tomorrow:

@SackPardew Your little surprise for Pardew at Spurs is ready now guys! http://t.co/ozmL6oVO06

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Well, today.

• expatmag

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:10 AM

I saw a french centre half put the great David Villa in his back pocket for 90 odd minutes last night as Melbourne Victory beat Melbourne City 5-2.

Damien Duff was rubbish as well.

It is not always about the quality of the player but more about how they are coached and organised. Pardew doesnt seem capable of this.

• expatmag

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:15 AM

I then watched a NZ international and a welsh has been snuff out one of the best attacks in the world through good organisation, well coached and a little bit if lady luck thrown in.

Once again, Pardew seems incapable of organisjng a defence judging by his record of goals conceded and admission if personally working with the defence 4 days a week.

• Dulcinera

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:20 AM

expatmag

Sum french defender having a 32 year old David Villa in his back pocket doesn’t really mean anything, considering the fact David Villa is playing in the aussie league and is probably more concerned about his sunscreen and pay packet and playing for leisure rather than replicating his form in his prime in a top league in europe.

Comparing things you’ve seen down under to things in the premiership is a bit, well crazy to be honest

• Dulcinera

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Also, let’s say pardew is training our defence 4 days a week and concentrating on sset pieces etc

That still doen’t prepare you for what can happen on a matchday when it come to the crunch, you can plan tactics all day long but on gameday you can’t predict the flight of the ball, and what player will be where at any stage and who will get the luck of being in the right place at the right time.

I blame the players, who are actually playing in the game, not pardew

• lesh

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:39 AM

Apple if this has already posted, but this an interesting Scottish take on Ashley and Rangers.

• expatmag

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Dulcinera

You really do have a habit of rubbing people up the wrong way, dont you?

If you took the time to read my posts properly, then you would see what I was trying to point out.

Firstly though, I was not attempting to draw a comparison between the EPL and the A league.

Secondly, the game was a local derby watched by almost 44,000 spectators in an atmosphere akin to most derby matches around the world. It was intense, committed and tactically entertaining. The quality of both sides was excellent and what was obvious was the amount of work put in by the coaches paid off with some very good goals scored.

Thirdly, Villa is a short term guest player and a professional. He was frustrated last night because the MV defence had been effectively organised to counter his threat. He never gave up trying and neither did Duff but they were both snuffed out by a very good defensive unit.

• Dulcinera

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Expatmag

You’re just after saying damien duff was rubbish, yet all of a sudden in your defence you claim Duff never gave up? just another typical poster on this blog, you claim one thing but when called upon in an argument, you claim another thing.

I don’t beleive i rub people up the wrong way. That is not my intention. I simply question bloggers on their opinions for which i don’t tow the line in respect to 90% of the people on here and i get abuse for doing so.

This is a manical, totalitarium, dictatorship blog who do not take kindly to dissenting views or popular negatibr anti-club beliefs. You all need to take a look at yourselves

• Dulcinera

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:59 AM

Negatibr = negative*

• Thump

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM

On Damien Duff: I liked him. He was one of the few fighting when we were in the process of relegation. That being said, in hindsight I think he shone in a squad who had already mentally left for their holidays.

• Dulcinera

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Thump.

Dmien duff was one of the worst transfers in our history.
    Great player for chelski, they would never have sold him to us unless they knew he was usless

Lost his pace, lost his desire, barely played for us when he did it was our relegation season…. his own goal sealed our relegation to the championship against villa!!, are you being sesrious?

• Thump

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Forgot the clocks went back. Was f’ing baffled by those timestapms for a few minutes.

• Reyantoon

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:41 AM

It is a little surprise how Southampton progressing at the moment. They do have good players but I don’t think they will last long like this.Their coach keoman did not have good spells in other leagues,except at feynoord for the last two years or so.That means his performance or coaching ability will be tested after 15-20 games.
    on US,should be good game at spurs.The important thing is to score first.If we can do that,we can control the game like we want to and will be much easier to coup.I still have faith on Reviere. I like to see him start bcoz he has enough power and pace to trouble spurs defenders.Even though he hasn’t have luck in front of goals so far,he is been working hard in every game he played.

krul
    janmaat-s.tay-colo-haida
    tiote/anita – colback
    obertan-mussa-Goufran
    reviere

• Dulcinera

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Reyantoon

I think southamptons season so far can compare to the season we finished 5th. the fans will back koeman all the way until the next season they have a mediocre season and finish 15th. All of a sudden the fans will call for koemans head because he cant reproduce the luck of the previous good season simply bcus the premier league is unpredictable and down to sheer luck on a yearly basis. Teams get better every year and there’s always ONE team who have a season where they punch above their wieght just like we did in 2012

I agree on rivierre, nneds moe time…as does cabella

• Reyantoon

Oct 26, 2014 at 2:05 AM

Dulcinera
    Agree on all what you saying!
    Do u think we will get a good result at spurs?

I hate to say it but if we lose by heavy margin, I will stop following my team for a while as it makes my taste of supporting the team sourer and sourer!!

• Thump

Oct 26, 2014 at 2:05 AM

@Dulcinera: I’m absolutely serious. You can’t say “Duff scored the own goal that relegated us” because why was Harper out of position? Why did we get into a place where Duff (who was playing on the right wing), was in a defensive midfield position? I actually think he was the only man between him and Harper.

If you want to talk football, let’s talk football – but let’s not simplify things. We’re not idiots here.

• Thump

Oct 26, 2014 at 2:06 AM

between Villa’s attack and Harper*

This is why I shouldn’t post after a drink. haha.

• Reyantoon

Oct 26, 2014 at 6:22 AM

I will stop following our beloved club for a while if we lose today,especially by heavy margin.I know it will not be easy to get a result at whl but like some other fans,it makes me fade away my spirit to support the team,,hope we salvage something b4 that happenes..!! howaaaaaaaaaaaay guys!!!

• Reyantoon

Oct 26, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Am I talking with myself ??? where is everyone??

• scout