Why I Joined Newcastle And Not Barcelona Or Real Madrid

There’s an excellent interview in the Mail today where one of our young heroes yesterday – Ayoze Perez – who scored the winner with an excellent header – explains why he joined Newcastle United, when both Barcelona and Real Madrid in his home country were keen to sign him.

ayozed perez goal spurs

Ayoze Perez heads home yesterday to win the game for Newcastle

Newcastle pressed very hard to get Ayoze in the summer from Tenerife, and this is what the 21 year-old Spanish International had to say about why he joined Newcastle:

¨Yes, there was interest from Barcelona and Real Madrid.¨ ¨The truth is that the Newcastle bid was quite surprising, because firstly there were other teams interested.¨

¨But Newcastle pushed very hard to get me. I feel they really valued me.¨ ¨We had to consider the different options, and I finally decided to come to Newcastle,’

‘I have always loved the Premier League but the main reason to come here was how Newcastle valued myself.¨ ¨I felt very appreciated by the club and that was the reason which made me opt to come here.¨

Ayoze’s brother Samuel has signed on for top non-league club Blyth Spartans, so they are both together in the north-east, and that will help both youngsters.

It seems one big reason why he joined Newcastle was that he was told he would be given a chance in the first team if he was playing well, whereas with Real Madrid he would play for their B team in the second division in Spain – which is where he was playing with Tenerife – so it wasn’t much of a step up.

Ayoze has made  a great start to his career on Tyneside, and he has that knack of scoring goals, which all great goalscorers have.

Alan Pardew said yesterday the young Spaniard grew a few inches to get to the ball, when he brilliantly headed home the winner  in the second half. 😀

There’s no doubt Ayoze is an exciting young player, and at the moment he’s looking to be a great acquisition for the club.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Slank

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:19 PM

The dilemma for the club is whether to compete against City, who in normal circumstances would almost certainly win, and play some of the players or the same team that beat Spurs or rest them for the clash against Liverpool who can be beat.

Whilst I am all in favour of competing in the cup, fate has dealt us a bum card in Man City and therefore I think beating Liverpool and climbing out of the relegation scrap is more important.

I would rest Sissoko for the City game but play him in central midfield for the Liverpool game. Abeid has to play against City. He deserves a full 90 minutes. For the Liverpool game Aarons and/or Sammy needs to play. In both games we have to play with two wingers. It’s the only we are going to get behind their defence.

Whoever lines up for us all I ask for is that they compete. Losing to Man City is no disgrace.

• mag92

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Even young Perez realises the Toon is the place to be.

• Slank

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:21 PM

* only way we

• mag92

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Pardew should just throw caution to the wind in this cup game as the Mancs have got the Indian sign over the Toon.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Will Aarons be back for the man city game or Liverpool.

• NUFCJackW

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Welsh

Liverpool i think. Not 100% sure though fella.

• optimistic prime

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:33 PM

I’ve been called negative or pessamistic today and I’m happy to be called both.

There’s plenty of fans on here called negative yet I find their posts the most informative and interesting. This is due to they see the problems at the club and in a way use constructive critisim to point this out. Which IMO is much better than hoping for the best on the odd occasion we get a result and believing all is well.

Yesterday’s result papered over the cracks but the performance highlighted them.

Call me negative but I want the team to improve to be better than it was week in week out, I will not settle for half ar5ed victories and the odd result. I want more and what we get from this squad under Pardew simply is NOT good enough.

I’m happy with 3 points as I don’t want to be relegated, the performance over 90mins was frightening and that’s something I can’t be happy with!

• MacToon

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Garth Crooks’s team of the week (includes):

DEFENDER – Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle)

One of the turning points in the fortunes of Alan Pardew’s tenure at Newcastle must be keeping Coloccini at the club. I get the feeling the Argentine is as important in the dressing room as he is on the pitch. He was back to his commanding best against Spurs, who now only sit one point above the Magpies. Last week, Manchester City gave Spurs something to think about and now Newcastle have put Mauricio Pochettino’s work under the microscope.

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:47 PM

MacToon

That’s proves just how much of a moron Crooks is. I’ve always hated him and his tendency to portray whatever he says is gospel, when usually it’s absolute rubbish.

Colocinni at his commanding best!? He has never ever been commanding and he’s no leader. As for holding on to him? He was clearly staying last Jan so it’s not a reason at all.

• Markaccus

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Garth Crooks is a horrible Gollum-looking mo-fo. Colo must be his preccciiioouussssss. He does nowt but talk utter sh1te from min 1 to full time whenever he is on the bbc scores programme. Tosser.

• Markaccus

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:53 PM

OP

Whilst i am happy that nufc got SOMETHING right in the second half, and will pay the small amount of grudging credit to all involved, i am still utterly pesamistic about NUFC acheiving anything of note while pardew is around.

• optimistic prime

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Mac Toon

Colo did his usual of run around like a headless chicken whilst Sissoko Gouffran and Dummet ran round doing his job.

He didn’t make a mistake which lead to the opo scoring for a change so I’ll give him that.

Garth Crooks is the most ill informed pundit on tv, always has been, he was claiming Carol was world class a few weeks and that Peter Crouch was good enough to start for any of the top four from last year. I’d be surprised if he even watched the match.

• Go toon gooooo

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Premier League is tough my friend.You must survive plenty of time not just one game with tired team.Seasons in Premier League are long.And Remy Cabella won’t save us all the time with ideal assists.Sometimes strikers must create chances by themselves.About valuation-honestly to the stars.

• optimistic prime

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Mark

Alright mate

I won’t give him credit for 2nd half as the 1st was so poor, stuff him.

It actually anoys me more that one result or two results seems to prove him and his followers are right, 1 in 5 ain’t a bad win rate is it? If we had a striker who scored 1 in 5 everyone would want rid.

Unreal 🙁

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:04 PM

The League Cup is not really important to me !

A Home win against Liverfool would be more pleasing than an away win in the Cup against Shitty !

Love us to win both but don,t think that will happen, both clubs have better squads than us on paper and we could lose both fixtures? If that happens ? It would,nt surprise me but i think we could get the win at home to Liverfool on Saturday!

One thing is certain, the away win at Spurs wil have helped our confidence no end ?

• Toon-Prodigy

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:07 PM

If we win against Liverpool that would certaintly be worth shouting about. 3 wins out of 3. It’s important to note also the players we have missing at the moment.

We’re doing alreet at the minute. There is certainly fight amongst them aswell.

• G

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Off subject, but an interesting statistic I just found regarding our result agains spurs:

The last time the Magpies fought back to overturn a half-time deficit was against Reading in December 2006, when Jose Mourinho was still Chelsea manager, Didier Drogba was banging in the goals and Cesc Fabregas led the top-flight assists chart. How things change.

• Markaccus

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:12 PM

OP

Not bad mate thanks. You?

I said the yesterday it was Pardews one-per-season correct idea. We can fully expect him to defend in all of our remaining games. Thats probably what annoys me the most. On the rare occasion something works out, he still wont change his philosophy.

• optimistic prime

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Mark

Sweet mate.

I’d said the same thing that the Spurs game was perfect for Pardews one tactic and it proved to be right.

It bugs me too mate nowt changes and the fact he said he knew Perez would struggle in first half bugs me even more, shows he just wanted to keep score down and hope for best in 2nd half.

I think we’ll scrape through the city match without being embarrassed and may even progress in the cup against the run of play, yet I think Liverpool will destroy us due to how they set up and how Pardew has us playing.

Liverpool haven’t been great but their style of play is perfect to destroy ours,
    We’ll be lucky to get a draw.

They may sound crazy predictions but I have method in my madness unlike Pardew

• Ibizatoon

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Optimism & Markaccus…You two are ge
    tting away unopposed here, which I find disgusting.

So, let me try and offer some much needed balance.

We won, of course we’ve turned a corner.

There, that wasn’t too hard. It was quite easy in fact. Now, try being real fans.

• Ibizatoon

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:34 PM

And yes, “ge tting” is similar to “getting”.

• Markaccus

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Already said a couple of times i am delighted with the 3 points. And have expressed praise towards AP. I think thats probably adiquate, Ibiza, mate.

• Ibizatoon

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Sorry Markaccus mate, I tried that one earlier and it doesn’t quite cut it.

I’m not going to lie, I still don’t get it, but trust that we have it wrong.

All is good now. Honest.

• optimistic prime

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Ibiza

I’ve drove everyone away 😉

I’ve said I’m happy with result but not in performance that’s as positive as I’m willing to be ATM, I’ll hold on praise ATM as even a broken watch is right twice a day.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:38 PM

optimistic prime

You keep banging on about the 1st half, I agree we were crap, but like i said before it happens to the best of teams, against man city on Wednesday it could be the other way round, good in the 1st half and get a goal then crap in the second half.

Remember the 1st half for Liverpool away to qpr.

It’s all ifs and buts.

If spurs did this if spurs did that, if only colback and Cabella scored.

• Toon Tang

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:39 PM

The bittersweet pill I had the pleasure of consuming yesterday stuck in the wind-pipe somewhat.

Bitter in the fact that if Pards and the toon had played just one more match of the usual wanky away-day footy we have become accostomed to I would be £258 better of right now. And sweet in the fact that we played some nice stuff second half, grabbed a couple of good goals and came away from London with our first away win under our belts.

…Bottom line be this. Don’t bet against your own team no matter how ‘realistically’ you’re looking at the situation hahaha 🙂

• welshgeordie9

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Hopefully pardew will prove doubters wrong against man city and Liverpool.

Might lose to man city but as long as they give they all and try they best.

• Ibizatoon

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Optimistic…I’m not surprised, you miserable so and so 🙂

Are you not buying in to Sammys interview where he said they had planned his goal?

• Ibizatoon

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Welsh…I think that is all that is being asked for really.

An attempt to win and that everyone tries their best.

• G

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Just had it pointed out that Citeh have United in the league next, so may put out a very weak 11 for the cup… however, as their worst 11 should, on paper, urinate all over our first choice 11, then I suppose that’s accademic really?

• Ibizatoon

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:53 PM

G…City have shown they can be beat in the past, even recently. Still, if the real Man City show up, whether 1st, 2nd or 3rd string, we’ll likely be in trouble.

Still, it’s a cup game and anything can happen.

• optimistic prime

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Welsh

Take away the goals were we much better in second half?

No we weren’t spurs still had more chances than us, the fact we nicked the ball a couple times in their half made us look better.

Spurs had more shots more possetion more corners than we did in second half poor play from them won the game not good play from us!

Pochetino looked shell shocked as he couldn’t understand how his team threw the game away, we mugged spurs we didn’t outplay them or impose ourselves on them.

You can say what you like but the better team lost, you’ll find it hard to find a match report that says we where the better team.

Yesterday’s game was like watching a average game from when we finished fifth, hang on at all costs and hope to get something from the match whilst being outplayed all over the pitch.

If we’d finished the game with same stats as Spurs you’d be saying “we should have won that”
    We had a twenty minute spell nothing more and your happy, good for you.

• optimistic prime

Oct 27, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Ibiza

Is that why the kit man was late getting out?

Had he grabbed Dier to make him late getting on the pitch and out of position?

• toonicle

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Anyone else want to see Ferreyra get a shot at Man City mid week? Seems the perfect time to play him and Armstrong

• Ibizatoon

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Optimistic…I think that part of the plan was supposed to be a secret.

• optimistic prime

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Ibiza

Well in that case it worked a treat, hope he holds onto half the Citeh squad on weds.

We on tv weds?

• Spoof

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:14 PM

He scored on his official debut, he will be ecstatic and rightly so, but generally he is miles away from being a PL striker

• mindshaft

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:15 PM

So since the Southampton debacle we’ve including LC ..

P6 W3 D2 L 1

Home: Hull, Leicester
    Away: Stoke, Palace(LC), Swansea, Spurs

On paper that’s not bad form although admittedly we’ve played pants in most of those games and could have easily lost as drawn or won.

I guess these stats could look massively different after next 3 games… think we may have enough to avoid relegation given that Burnley and QPR look doomed already.

I’d still sack Pards – he got lucky yesterday and is now bigging himself up and backslapping himself all over the place

• optimistic prime

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Mindshaft

Saying I’m all doom and gloom and miserable I’m pointing out we’ve actually only won two.

We drew with Palace over 90mins

Sorry 🙁

• santonthenewmaldini

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Surely Pardew has to drop the 4231 against Liverpool? Every game he has got it wrong but he has managed to change it around recently with subs that luck will run out eventually

Anita is not a holding mid in the way that Pardew wants him to be and Gouffran is not a left winger will Pards finally realise this and start with a 4411 with Cabella in the no 10 #??