Newcastle Have Nothing To Lose Tonight

One thing that Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has managed to do is to keep the players right behind him during the difficult start to the Premier League season, and any mention about him having lost the dressing room is simply not true.

tim krul close up

Tim Krul – now one of Newcastle’s senior players

This is what Alan Pardew has said today:

“I look at Coloccini and Tim Krul as two of my really experienced great players.” “They know we will have to fight for every point this year.”

“We might not be as good as we want to be but we are giving it everything.” “That’s a decision (whether he’s sacked or not) out of my hands.”

“But that was my 701st game so I must have done something right to survive that long.” “I think I have a good indication of what the Premier League is about.”

“I like to think I bring consistency whether we win, lose or draw to my work.”

It’s interesting that the issue of being sacked was brought up after two successive league wins where the side has played well in the second half of each of the games.

We also haven’t heard from the anonymous organization that created  the sackpardew.com site, but we will after our next defeat we suppose.

That could be tonight – because it will be a difficult game for our lads – but there is a chance to win three games in a row tonight – after the terrible start to the season.

So if we can somehow do that – after 11 defeats on the trot to Manchester City – then that sets up the home game against Liverpool on Saturday – where we have a chance of a win – if our lads can play like they did in the second half in London on Sunday.

And since we are the big underdogs tonight to the Premier League Champions – the lads really have nothing to lose.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Manchester City?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

There shouldn’t be any panic if we cannot get through this 4th round tie tonight, and yes it will be a disappointment, and we still want to see our players go for it.

Howay The Lads!!

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Consistently poor yes.

• Jeff from Benwell

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:03 AM

hibbit // Oct 29, 2014 at 8:25 AM

i see mr bishop is at work again drip feeding the good news typical pr pattern but it seems to be working with a lot of fans
    So we didn`t beat Spurs at WHL mr bishop made it all up Those wicked PR men

• NUFCJackW

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Being ashley’s bi*ch thats how.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Nothing to lose

The match maybe??

• hibbit

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:18 AM

jeff of course we beat spurs and played very well in the second half but bishops job is build on that keep the fans calm and off ash and pardues back they are trying to change the atmosphere which to me shows it was getting to them

• Sliema

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:23 AM

“I like to think I bring consistency whether we win, LOSE, draw…”

Hahahaha!!! That’s class! Good old Pardew.

• stuart no9

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:25 AM

—I like to think I bring consistency whether we win, lose or draw to my work.”——-you certainly do that alan . just look at the stats ober the last 30 games . Sack pardew .

• Ancientcoptic

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:26 AM

“That’s one of the positive things over the last six games or so – that our players are fighting for the shirt – and it’s good to see – although our play hasn’t always been great.”

Oh come, what are we? Burnley?

No disrespect to Burnley btw, but being reduced to finding positives from football that is borderline premier league standard really is a reduction in expectations. Demand more, get more!

As for “fighting for the shirt,” give me a break. Most are playing for moves to bigger clubs.

How anybody can find positives in these shambolic displays is beyond me. I guess most people have given up on NUFC ever being a big club again.

I don’t want to dine out on getting the odd result here and there, and the club being looked upon as some 2nd rate Premier League side that gets a result when other teams are missing their chances.

You can keep your 33% possession win against Tottenham. I want a club that plays football and has a vision that goes beyond scraping past the next game.

• stuart no9

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Sliema— while your on , loved the post you done a couple of days ago, describing what its like to be a fan of this club. Y ou got it bang on when you said neither patdew or ashley are the reasons you still support this club , but the deep passion you feel for it . never a truer word, ive been a fan for 48 years and thats exactly how i feel. nice one .

• stuart no9

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Ancient ——-exactly mate, we’ll be celebrating getting a point at home off anybody soon … nothing to celebrate. win something, get to wembley, lets see constant wins , less defeats, good football, class , not a shyte 1-0 over leicster or a win over a uninterested spurs side where our first half showing was nothing other than shocking . give us something to celabrate.

• Sliema

Oct 29, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Stuart

Haha, I was probably drunk when I wrote that as I can only vaguely remember it, but it certainly sounds like me.

I’m only 23 so I have nowt on your 48 years of support like mate lol, but I guess we all feel the same about the club deep down. I hope so anyway.

It’s just that I’m so disappointed with how things are going. Our expectations of what this club have been successfully dulled down so much by the current upper management that so many fans are now delighted with (as Ancient just explained) a couple of shoddy performances where we scrape a win only because the opposition play so poorly.

I first started watching with my dad when I was a little kid, even remembering the champs league stuff! I was only 6 or so but it was a big deal growing up with lots of friends/family being fans of the mackems. I’m from South Shields so it’s pretty equally split.

Then seeing us under Sir Bobby, as a 13 year old. Things were still good. We played attacking football and we knew how to pass and move fast. (Something we cannot do today despite it being page 4 textbook football)

But today. It’s boring on the field, cheap and tacky off the field. We don’t have the class or tact anymore, other clubs used to admire our style of play, our goal scoring, the atmosphere on a night game at St James. Now we are a bunch of nobodies.

I know we never used to rule the footballing world or anything but it was fun, it was a roller coaster, and it was something to be so proud of. Now? Meh.