Newcastle Manager Delivers Some Good News

In his press conference for the upcoming home game against Liverpool on Saturday, Alan Pardew had some good news on the injury front today.

ehdi abeid edin dzeko

Mehdi Abeid holding off Edin Dzeko last night
Mehdi had a very good game – again

Alan was asked what the injury situation was,  and he said the only real doubt was Papiss Cisse, and it was a slight doubt and he was touch and go with his knee.

So we will have to wait to see if his knee is OK for the important Liverpool game – and we?l probably not know until the team is announced an hour before the game starts.

The win last night was great not just because the lads played so well and showed so much guts and passion, but it also signalled the return from injury for both Ryan Taylor and Rolando Aarons – and both players had an impact on the result.

In fact it was a Taylor – Aarons combination that got us the first goal, when Rolando showed his fantastic promise the way he put away the half chance after Ryan had won the ball just outside the box.

There’s not much more to say about Ryan, other than he was just fantastic last night – an amazing return after 26 months out with injury, and Manu Riviere came back and he looked sharp enough when he came on in the second half.

Rolando had only has one day of training, but Alan played Rolando for just one half and it paid off – but we noticed at half time Aarons looks knackered as he walked off, and it was no surprise when he was replaced by Sammy at the half.

The two players who are still out are Davide Santon – and it’s probably still  over four weeks before the Italian is back after his knee problem – and Siem de Jong will not be back for at least a couple of months with that muscle tear in his thigh.

But with players like Sammy Ameobi, Ayoze Perez, Stephen Taylor, Ryan Taylor, Paul Dummett and others all in  good form – there will be big competition for places – and it looks like Cheick Tiote is fit and could start on Saturday.

One more thing – credit has to go to Mehdi Abeid, who had another very good game in Newcastle colors last night.

Every time we see this lad he looks the part for Newcastle ,and he was very strong in the middle of the field last night – and we would think he may even get the nod over Vurnon Anita in the future.

Paul Dummett was terrific at center-back, and we cannot remember him playing quite so well for the team – he was outstanding and the City stars didn’t get much change out of  Paul last night.

Now we have to see off Liverpool and get our third league win in a row on Saturday – we need the points – and that will not be easy – that’s for sure.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• carl

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Santon
    Are you being serious. Didn’t Kiaran formerly post as Ruddy. He knows nowt about football. Last heard he went off in a strip to watch the Heed. Giant ego but little else
    Darn Sarf a mature individual, knows his football but his often preaching habit was in my opinion not conducive to debate.
    Though I often chat with him on another blog.

• optimistic prime

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:45 PM

If it was my choice I wouldn’t start Cisse as it’s to much of a risk to rush him back.
    If he’s fit stick him on the bench, I like Armstrong and Perezs movement and I’d like to see 433.

We have Sammy Aaron’s Cabella Gouffran and Obertan who could play either side of either Armstrong and Perez.

I’d go for Tiote Abeid and Sissoko in mid with Janmatt Dummet Colo Hyaidra.

We ain’t got much choice in defence and pretty much have no choice there.

Anyone know how Curtis Goode is doing or where he is, any other names from development squad worth a shout ?

• santonthenewmaldini

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:48 PM

@carl

Ha ha I was only kidding !!

It seems to be the same arguments on here all the time though

• magscar

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Lads

For those who feel the shoe is at long last on the other foot and feel justified in dishing out to particular individuals some of what they have repeatedly received can I urge you to rise above it.

I know I’m coming across like a moderator but as someone who has had a go in general at the so called neggars snearing at others I can do no other than ask the same of those currently feeling in the ascendancy.

There is nothing more certain than the tide will turn – just when is the question and for how long. We will be then back to the “other side” having a go at individuals and you being annoyed and looking for revenge and so on. It has to stop somewhere so when most of the blog is on a high from last night what better time is there to call a halt.

Most on here must be adults yet some behave in the most juvenile way. Any actual juveniles on here who do so are excused as you probably can’t help your hormones at present 🙂

So c’mon you are all better than that so let’s have a ceasefire.

I am well aware that my earlier query to the regime haters may have me seeming a hypocrite but I have not gone after an individual. Anyone who wanted their team to lose in recent weeks needs to be reminded of that and hopefully try to remember what it must feel like to have unbridled joy at a win.

Sorry to be preachy but some of stuff earlier was doing my head in again.

I’m off so carry on regardless 🙂

• Shaker Shakrah

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Newcastle’s squad suddenly changed , the depth is
    very very good
    i don’t know who to pick for Liverpool game
    But , , , , it’s so risky to play a player who played 90
    minute against the City , he may not perform well .

• expatmag

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:28 PM

OP

Good is close to a return according to the Herald Sun here in Melbourne.

He is hoping to play some part for Australia in the Asia cup in January which is being held here.

• optimistic prime

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Ex pat

Cheers, I must say it’s quite unbelievable that the OZ press know more than our local or national press.

We only find anything out on EPL days if were lucky.

• optimistic prime

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Ex pat

Will you be attending?

• Carl aka Ian Toon.....among others

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM

I’m back by popular demand!

• Harley

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Everyone did great last night but unfortunately there are a few key players who must be in the first 11 at the minute.

Tiote, cisse, sissokho, colo, Taylor, janmaat and krul. Maybe colback too.

The rest of the places are up for grabs. Really hope sammy and Aaron’s get in over goufran and Abeid starts keeping Anita out.

• Toon Tang

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:30 PM

30 doubloons on us to win Saturday. Liverpool struggling and we’ve hit a bit of form so you never know.

Wouldn’t wanna guess the actual score though but it could be a classic 4-3 with us on the right side of it this time…

• Toon Tang

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:33 PM

On second viewings, I don’t know about Liverpool bagging 3 unless its a Gerrard hatrick of penlanties.

Anyone know who the ref is??

• optimistic prime

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Toon tang

I can see it being a high scoring game, but who really knows ATM.

I’d love it just love it if we did a 4-3 as you said

• beermonkey

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:40 PM

prime

good to find out about good

things in def would be a lot worse till we found out dummett could do a job there

imo cisse was rushed back to quick
    433 is the way to go for us and has been
    for a long time

• Toon Tang

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:42 PM

OP, I’d LOVE IT as well mate, haha you never know. I just hope we get a decent ref and not chuffin’ Dowdy baby etc. Nowt worse than a Toon Liverpool game ruined by refs decisions, unless of course it results in El Torro having to step in as goalkeeper.

That match has got to be one of the best/funniest games I’ve ever witnessed 🙂

• welshgeordie9

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:45 PM

It would be nice if cisse plays on Saturday

• optimistic prime

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Beer

It’s not really a great situation regarding NUFC and the press, extremely sad that to find out about a player you need to check his home nation press.

It is good news though and I’m with you I’m impressed by Dummets display and I’d say there’s a argument he maybe better utilised as a CB.

I think most wood agree 433 is the way to go, I definitely think it gives us way more options to utilise the players we have in this squad. IMO the players prefer it to as when the play that way they look more settled and know what to do.

• optimistic prime

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Toon tang

That was a great game and the atmosphere at SJP was great. Was that Pardews .1st game? Think it was but not 100%

• expatmag

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:49 PM

OP

Regarding Good. The information came from an article written by the Australian national team coach, Ange Postecoglou who stated that Good would have played at the WC on Brazil if he had been fit.

Regarding the Asian Cup..I am not sure yet. It all depends on family commitments over the summer school holidays here. I might take my daughter to a game. She is keen.

• Novocastrian66

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Dummet looked far more comfortable playing at the centre of the defence than at fullback.

• Toon Tang

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Pards first were the 3-1. This came the season after I think?? 2-0 to the toon and I remember posting on here something along the lines of “If you’d have told me Andy Carroll would be boo’d off and Enrique would be plying in goals for liverpool at St James a year ago I would have said F-off”

Hahaaha or something long them lines anyway. Classic

• optimistic prime

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Ex pat

What’s the weather like where you are?
    My sis is near Perth and I wouldn’t fancy a kick about in the temperature there in the summer.

I’d read the Australian coach said Good would play in WC, which is promising for us. When I have seen him play I liked what I saw, seems quite composed on the ball and like all Aussies competive.

• expatmag

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:55 PM

If I remember correctly, Dummett switched to centre back last season after Mbiwa was sent off in the 2-2 draw against Liverpool and excelled, even scoring our second goal.

• optimistic prime

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Toon tang

I’m always buckled when we beat pool as I hate the bin dippers and enjoy beating them as much as the SMB

3-0 was his first game, again buckled couldn’t tell you who scored lol

• jimmysmith

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:02 PM

It’s not just Good, we also have Dummett, Satko, Streete, along with Lascelle next year. I can’t see the urgency for a centre back come January, moreover the likelihood of signing one.

The side does seem to still need a striker, but again with Perez and Armstrong looking the part and DeJong returning in January, and Gouffran and Rivierre in the frame, and Ferreyra on the books, I don’t see that as likely either, unless we are presented with a real bargain in the market.

• expatmag

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:05 PM

OP

The weather is expected to be hot and dry thus summer. Perth us traditionally very hot in summer. Melbourne gets its fair share if hot days but regular cool changes where temperatures drop significantly but rise again within a few days.

Last year, Perth had a record run of days over 30 degrees. I think it was something like 23 days in a row. Even in Melbourne, we had 11 days in a row which us unusual for us. Our main worries here are bushfires which in recent years, have wiped out communities….tragic really.

The Asian cup matches will mostly be played at night when cooler.

Curtis Good has lots of potential and is a half decent ball playing defender. He likes to play it out but he has a long way to go now due to injury at Newcastle. I think the likes of Dumnett, Streete and Satja may have moved ahead in the pecking order now and he may have to move to another club to succeed at senior level…..shame really

• lesh

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:09 PM

carl

Ciaran, Sharon whatever’s still strutting his stuff, he/ she’s on the Board of NUST.

For somebody who’s most vocal about Ashley to the point of political and business naivety, NUST must’ve been desperate for Board members!

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Carl,
    easy to say that anyone you agree with is a level headed poster and those you don’t are foul mouthed “neggars”, some opinions on here that are opposite to mine are very valid, tequila mag is a perfect example where as Dulcerina post’s about fans being at fault for our failings boil most people’s pi$$, I don’t agree with bills about almost everything but he has a great footballing awareness , although he knows zilch about Mashleys ambition.