Now Newcastle Must Show Their Professionalism

Newcastle have been simply great in the last two games,  and we’ve seen two away wins in the last four days at Tottenham and Manchester City – two of the most difficult grounds to get results in England.

alan pardew man city 2-0

Alan Pardew last night – kept his cool

And our win last night was with a side that showed seven changes from the side that started at Tottenham and contained a 17 year-old and an 18 year-old in the starting line-up.

At the start of the game, it’s a team we thought had no chance of winning the game – that’s the truth. 😀

But the win last night was exciting and so full of guts, commitment and passion from the Newcastle players that the lads are receiving national acclaim for their performance at the Etihad Stadium,  that knocked out the reigning Capital One Cup Champions.

But that will not mean too much if we cannot continue the good form and results and take something out of our home game  on Saturday against Liverpool, which kicks off less than 48 hours from now.

Somehow the Newcastle players have to come down from their high of last night and play at their very best once again – and f we can take all three points from the runners-up in the Premier League, to go with beating the PL Champions at their place last night – then it really will be a time to (really) celebrate on Saturday night.

One of the toughest things a side has to do is to play at their best whether they have just had a great win or a terrible defeat – it’s basically the same challenge.

We hope to see the lads play on Saturday with the same commitment, passion and not a little skill they have shown in the last three games, as the lads start to turn the season around and help us get away from the relegation zone.

It’s a lot to ask from our team, which is not exactly the most experienced side in the league, but we think the mentality and mental toughness of the side make it possible that we can indeed get our fourth win in a row.

If we can do that it would be terrific – and that’s what we are hoping for on Saturday.

Howay The Lads!!

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• G

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:12 PM

To be honest, I will just be happy if the lads get some rythm into their play tomorrow. If they can bag the win, then that will be the cherry on the cake for me. The first 2 wins looked like poor performances with lucky results. Last night was a different ball game alltogether.

• 70TWO

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Same old same old on Saturday, AP will pick his starting 11 from the same regular league starters. At least they know there is more of a chance they could be replaced as there are other members of the squad with sufficient quality.

• G

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:16 PM

70TWO, that might not be a bad thing? The emergance of Rolando seems to have had a great effect on Obertans game?

• magscar

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Momentum is everything. We have to build on the last 4 results and not squander the confidence and upbeat mood which has built up slowly. I still have reservations on our consistency, Spurs 1st half still a worry but with a decent team put out and crowd up for it we should get something from game 🙂

• davetoon

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:20 PM

wow, a couple of wins and everyone is ready to whore themselves back out to Mashley

the last 3 games have been positive with goals finally coming from the midfield but there is a long way to go to get where we should be

• magscar

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:20 PM

70two

Goufran has not only Aarons but Ameobi breathing down his neck. Pardew is loyal to those who in his eyes have served him well but Gouf is surely like Guti before him nearing an enforced rest. Sat might be too early but it is surely coming unless he is accommodated elsewhere in side.

• geordie157

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Really hope we have the same approach vs Liverpool, put them under pressure from the off and let the pacey wingers get forward.

How much did city pay for mangala, because I’ve seen him three or four times this season and he looks crap!

• magscar

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Davetoon

Have we missed something mood is up beat thank god but who has “whored themselves out to Ashley” ?

• stuart no9

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:23 PM

What would happen iF we won the capital cup and rangers won SC , would we both be in Europa league ?

• Average_Contents

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Just goes to show what can be achieved if you attack as a team and defend as a team. Obviously like OP said there are things to be critical of but considering we were playing the current premier league champions and cup holder’s on their own turf and won then these are irrelevant at the moment.

I don’t really think it was the team selection that won us the match, I personally think it was more to do with the shackles being removed and the lads being allowed to actually play without fear.

Regardless it was a fantastic result.

Does this mean he’s learnt his lesson? Highly doubtful and I still think he’s not the right man for this club. 3 wins does not negate the disastrous runs over the last two years.

Call me a negger I’m not arsed lol. It’s just how I see it.

• magscar

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Geordie157

According to itk on blog he is actually the most expensive defender in the world at 32M. A rich man’s Boumsong!

• stuart no9

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Magscar—- it could happen though . A scenario I’m sure Ashley wouldn’t want . There is only one way to avoid it .

• 70TWO

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:26 PM

G

If I wanted to have a go at AP, I could ask why he didn’t play the youth players in the last half of last season when we can see the effect they having now. If only he would listen to me more often, Dummett would be a settled central defender, Sissoko would be only ever played in the midfield channels, Abeid would be on the score sheet and the worse record of losses would never have been a reality…..well I like to think so.

• tequilamag

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:26 PM

davetoon nobody has mentioned Ashley what are you on about.

• Average_Contents

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Sorry the top of my repost got chopped off.

There’s not much left to say that hasn’t been said already tbh.

What a result, what a performance and fully deserved. The work ethic, the closing down as a team and being let loose from the shackles (a bit like spurs second half) was good to see and was a refreshing change.

Regardless it was a fantastic result.

Call me a negger I’m not arsed lol. It’s just how I see it.

• tequilamag

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Stuart Ashley has effective control over Rangers but only owns 9% of the club. No reason why they can`t play in the same competition.

• toon kk

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM

What’s making a difference is Williamson being out, also stops Pards using him as a target man.
    great win last night but we have a long season which could quite easily be a relegation battle, we’re not consistent.

• GatesheadMag

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM

I hope we give liverpool a game on saturday. Ill be really frustrated if its the usual lacklustre performance after what the team gave lastnight. Our 2014 record is woeful, no changing that but it would have been easier to take if the commitment had of been there. Id happily accept those defeats if we’d ‘died trying’.

I gave my season ticket up at the start of this season due to the spineless performances over pardews tenure. Up until lastnights performance i hadnt regretted it all. He seems to still have the players backing so its really hard to understand why there was no real fight in the performances. I just hope we keep that same tempo and tenacity on saturday dinnertime. Hwtl!

• magscar

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Average_Contents

It always amuses me that some say call me a negger …..it’s just how I see it. That is the mirror image of those labelled Pro this that or the other. It is all just opinion and blog should be the richer for it if the name calling and tit for fast would ease off

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Hopefully Pardew realises that if we revert back to type against Liverpool and get hammered the pressure is right back on him.

We need to maintain this performance level week in week out from now on. We can then call on Cabella, Tiote, Cisse, De Jong etc when they’re ready and suddenly our squad looks good. Now we’ve seen what the fringe players can do it’s time for them to do it consistently.

• 70TWO

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM

magscar

We all know AP does not like to change things to much, relying on consistency and ‘experimenting’ in Cup games. Which is why it is surprising that last night saw the return, after such a long time of being missing, of the ‘press high and shift it to the forwards quickly’ tactic. Got us to 5th last time it was really utilised fully.

• Go toon gooooo

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM

If trio Collocini Steven Taylor and Obertan play together tomorrow then we will not lose for sure.That is the same trio of the unbeaten 10 games couple of seasons ago.I want these three players to play in the starting 11 and that is enough for our success.The other things will be set naturally.

• magscar

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:34 PM

GatesheadMag

Good thing about giving up your ticket apart from the obvious is if our upward trend can be maintained then you can be selective about the games as there are usually tickets available.I for one hope you get to go lots!

• magscar

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:39 PM

70TWO

Know what you mean but is it as simple as having the personnel available? Obertan has come back this season a different player ,(not yet sold on him) and the return of Aarons and Ameobi’s form give him options other than Gouf and Sissoko on the wings.
    Sat selection will give us an idea of where he is taking us.

• optimistic prime

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Tequila

I’m not 100% but I don’t think the rules state owning both clubs but actually states can’t hold a stake in two clubs.

I’ll have a look see

• stuart no9

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Tequila —- exactly . But , is that a scenario Ashley would want ?? I don’t think so , having his 2 teams , regardless of how many shares he has in Rangers playing against each other , could be pretty awkward for him . It won’t of course happen . Ashley will make sure it dosnt .

• Average_Contents

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Glad you found it amusing Magscar.

I agree on the name calling but some are either that far up there own arses or are quite clearly wums/trolls and some have even admitted as much.

Bury the hatchet yes, with the wums/trolls I’m afraid not.

• magscar

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Stuart No 9@12

Yeah – do you mean Rangers get knocked out 🙂

• optimistic prime

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:46 PM

There you go, to breach EPL rules Ashley would need 30% of shares in rangers in Uefa rules it’s 51%.

So ATM he’s doing nothing wrong and both clubs would be eligible as I understand it

• tequilamag

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Whilst Mash has “effective control” he would not be classed as owning both clubs.

• tequilamag

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:48 PM

OP nice research mate.

• magscar

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Average_Contents

There has been some peace on blog since early morning with hatchets being buried and not in heads or backs but there are some hardy souls who can’t let go.
    BTW I do find it brings a smile to my face as it is often said by some without grasping the irony in their chest out stance. Not saying you are one.

• Jamiemac

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Anyone know if I can watch the full 90 minutes anywhere? Want to relive it.

• martoon

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:51 PM

So what is the general opinion on Pardew now? I must admit a few weeks ago while I’m not as anti-Pardew as some on here I did think his position was becoming untennable. However now I’m not so sure maybe I’ll give him till the new year 😉

• optimistic prime

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Tequila

I’m unsure on SPL rules but I have read their looking at re writing their rules regarding ownership.

• GatesheadMag

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Magscar

Whey i think the only game ill miss is the derby!! But then again after the last two……

I was a big fan of gouffran when he first arrived, but hes went right off the boil since january. You think its just pure coincidence thats the time cabaye left??
    Glad to see aarons stepping up, although i wouldnt start him saturday, he started brilliantly but afta 30mins was fading. Unleash him 2nd half when johnsons tiring

• optimistic prime

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Tequila

Touché lol

• tequilamag

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Stuart if the the rules are not an issue I am not sure what would be awkward for Mashley about them both being in the same comp.

• scubydu

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:59 PM

When ed puts the vote on for the bin dippers win lose or draw after recently voting to lose all three … Vote lose again ! If 100% vote lose we could give the bin dippers a good tanking 🙂

• GatesheadMag

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:08 PM

After lastnights performance aswell i think anitas moved down the pecking order. Anita needs to move abroad, good tidy passer of the ball but personally doesnt impose himself enough during games. Think he would be much more appreciated in holland/spain/france