This Is Exactly What We Want To See At Newcastle

In the last two game, both of which we have won away from home against very good opposition, we have seen many of Newcastle’s players starting to hit somewhere near their top form.

ryn taylor david silva

Ryan Taylor – in great form on Wednesday night

On Sunday, Sammy Ameobi and Ayoze Perez both looked good and scored good goals, Remy Cabella started to look like the creative player he is, Moussa Sissoko was all powerful in that second half, and Steven Taylor had another solid game in central defense,

And last night we had a number of players playing near their best form including Ryan Taylor, Rob Elliot, Paul Dummett, Mehdi Abeid, Rolando Aarons and Gabby Obertan, so a number of our players are now coming into some good form.

It’s something that Alan Pardew noted in his press conference today for the Liverpool match on Saturday.

And that means there is growing competition for places in the team, and the Newcastle manager admitted he’s going to have a difficult section to make,  and some in-form players would not even make the bench on Saturday.

For instance, Ryan Taylor will be challenging for a midfield position and he can also play in either full back spot – which he showed when he moved to right back late in the second half.

And we’re sure Pardew will want Ryan on the pitch in future games, but maybe not on Saturday after his very first game back after 26 months out of the first team recovering from injury.

Ryan brings experience and he is an expert from dead ball situations – something we haven’t got in the side at the moment.

And the players who do start the game on Saturday will know they will need to perform near their best to keep their places,  and that’s always good – because it tends to bring out the best in players.

The other good news is the only slight injury doubt for the Liverpool game is Papiss Cisse, and everybody else is fit apart from Davide Santon and Siem de Jong.

We need to beat Liverpool on Saturday, and then we can really celebrate,  because it’s way over two years since we last won four games in a row.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Liverpool?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• optimistic prime

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Ex pat

Although I don’t like the heat I think I’d enjoy the odd Christmas around a pool 🙂

At the same time I’d miss the festive fixture list which is probably the best part of the season for me.

• jimmysmith

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:36 PM

It looks as though Ryan Taylor’s hardships over the past two years has made a leader out of him, at a time when we desperately need more leaders. It was a genuinely wholehearted, central, spirited and professional performance from a player who has spent a career up to now, being a capable but fringe performer. Delighted for him and hopeful that this mature competitive influence will continue.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Lesh,
    Tbh,
    if we had more posters like Ciaran/Ruddy the blog would be better for it, bills was a good poster, as we’re a lot of people than don’t post anymore. What used to give the blog debate was pro and anti Mashley arguments, now that Mashers has become indefensible then even the fence sitters haven’t got much to say. It’s actually boring to say how much mashers is ruinine the club when you haven’t got a bills to say how good he is. TDSarf reckoned he left the blog because of the negativity, more like Mashers policies became so transparent and it was time to quit while he was thinking he was ahead?

• soundoid

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Ryan Taylor should get a run out second half even if it’s for 10 minutes at the end of the game. It will lift the crowd massively. Great to see him back, he marshalled that midfield superbly against city and shored up our defence when he went to RB. We’ve missed having an experienced English pro in this team for a good while.

• expatmag

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:39 PM

OP

We are very lucky where we live and I would never have anything said against thus country. Australia has been good to me….big time.

However, there are things I miss about blighty although not enough to bring me home….lol

• optimistic prime

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Jimmy

I was very impressed with Raylor due to his long absence, his appearance gave everybody a lift and his enthusiasm must have rubbed off on the other players.

I’d consider starting against pool just because it’s pool.

Limited ability but I’ve always liked his application and attitude.

• Belfast

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I bet Tds is having a ball on there.

Checking every day for a new article, with no joy 😉

• expatmag

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM

I hope people are not expecting too much on saturday. The game against Liverpool us a new ball game altogether.

On wednesday, there were 2 major reasons why we won.

Firstly, there was no fear factor because noone expected us to win so the team was more relaxed.

Secondly, City put out a strong team and seemed confident we would just roll over. Before they realised they had a game on their hands, it was too late.

Saturday will be a lot different.

• optimistic prime

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Ex pat

My sis hasn’t been there long but I see already what a great country it is for her kids. The sport in school and activities my nephews does are a world away from the uk. Although I miss them a lot I’m very happy they left to live in Australia.

• expatmag

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:49 PM

OP

It would be dangerous to start Raylor on saturday.

Two games in 4 days for a player who hasnt kicked a ball in anger for 26 months could prove dangerous for him.

I was very surprised he played 90 minutes on wednesday.

• expatmag

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:57 PM

OP

Yes. It is a wonderful country for kids with so many opportunities in so many fields of life. And we are getting better all the time too.

I have a 9 year old daughter and I help out in class at her school as do other parents so I get to see first hand what goes on in schools.

We live in a seaside village 75 kms from Melbourne and we are invariably on the beach or the foreshore even in winter. The kids ride their bikes to school each day under teacher supervision and they have regular school beach days with various activities. My daughter is also a member of the local sea scouts and is involved in beach programs and scout camps. She is a superb swimmer too and plays basketball too.

Kids here are very outgoing.