Manager Thinks He Has The Upper Hand Over Liverpool

Newcastle seem to be turning things around over the last couple of weeks, and 13 days ago we had no league wins – and now we have two, and we just reached the quarter finals of the Capital One Cup for the first time since Mike Ashley bought the club 23 years ago (actually it was only seven years ago).

alan pardew benton

Alan Pardew – at the training ground this week

And if you count our three wins in the League Cup this season, we now have five wins this season – in twelve total games – which is not great but it’s a lot better than just two wins in nine games we had two weeks ago.

Liverpool is going to be a difficult game for the lads tomorrow,  and Alan Pardew is under no illusions about that.

Pardew believes he knows their team, and that the Liverpool manager doesn’t know his side for tomorrow:

“It is always a tough game. It’s always a great fixture which has a certain romance about it and I think it’s going to make for a cracking game on Saturday,”

“There have been some good games against Liverpool since I’ve been here and we have more than held our own.””I’m pretty confident what Liverpool will do, I know him Brendan Rodgers well enough to know how he will come and play.¨

¨But I think we can surprise them because one thing is for sure, Brendan won’t know my team.¨ “But I’m pretty confident of what’s its going to be and I think it will be an entertaining game.”

“We have a lot of good players in form at the moment,  so it’s difficult to pick the bench let alone the team.” “The only slight issue I have is with Papiss Cisse and is he going to be fit.¨

¨We are in a very similar position to where we were with Cisse at Tottenham, so we will have to wait and see.”

If Cisse is fit he will start up front in a 4-3-3 formation, but if he doesn’t make it we have to think that Ayoze Perez will get the nod over Manu Riviere tomorrow.

The Spaniard deserves his chance after scoring that great goal last Sunday at Tottenham, and we are assuming Pardew will play the men in form – and we expect this starting line-up tomorrow.

Krul
Janmaat Taylor (S) Coloccini (c) Dummett
Sissoko Tiote Colback
Obertan Cisse Aarons
Subs: Elliot Williamson Taylor (R) Cabella Ameobi (S) Gouffran Perez

There could also be doubts about Cheick Tiote, but we really hope the Ivorian can play tomorrow – Cheick has been one of our best players this season.

And 48% think we can even win this game.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Liverpool?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

A fourth win in a  row is that we are hoping for tomorrow – and that would call for some real celebrations. 😀

Howay The Lads!!

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• GeordieTwo

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Right then, I have absolutely no clue how we’ll do against Liverpool. We define unpredictability. Anything could happen. We could lose by 4 or win by 3. This team is impossible to understand. So is Pardew. Now Ashley I understand. It’s all about money as Whelan says. He doesn’t give a fig about football.

• Lee Dodd

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:16 PM

We have the players to win this game.. Lets get behind the team and the manager and lets win !!!! I think Ryan Taylor Gives us the leadership to win.. Make Him Captain As Coloccini has lost the plot !!!

• Graeme

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:19 PM

If we play with the same intensity and effort that we showed on Wednesday, I for one will be a happy bunny. Following the result against Man Shitty, I think we will win 2-1, maybe even 2-0.

There is, at long last, a belief in the team and they are fighting all the way – What more can we ask for??

• optimistic prime

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:35 PM

I was just about to post about this interview as I just watched it having me tea. Pardew seemed very confident and when he said Rodgers def won’t have any idea the team I’m going to put out, it surprised me. Maybe we will see change most don’t expect, I’m really looking foward to the starting line up.

After saying he’s ready and already picked the team I expect a decent performance at the very least.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Are we a 14th place team? Have we turned a corner? Who is that man dressed up as Pardew that has been patrolling the sidelines for the last few games? It’s all being done by witchcraft and voodoo if you ask me. Harrumph!

• mag92

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Newcastle United unbeaten in the last 7 make that 8 tomorrow!

• GeordieTwo

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Did Clinton inhale? What did Cheney know and when? How are we going to do against Liverpool? All impossible questions to answer I’m afraid.

• mag92

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:46 PM

• GeordieTwo

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:47 PM

“Monica Lewinsky did not smoke my cigar, and that’s all I’m going to say about that.” Bill Clinton, January 1998.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:48 PM

“Reality is even stranger than we think.” Alan Pardew, October 2014.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:50 PM

I’m concerned the players are all going to get swelled heeds and strut around like Steve Taylor did last season. I’m not sure we could handle that. Very stressful this is. Winning all the time I mean. 😯

• MassiveG

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:51 PM

He says we may be surprised but we all know he’ll put Gouffran in!

I think get Dummett in for one of the CBs and play Haidara, seems to link up ok with Aarons

• mag92

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Obertans heed couldn’t swell much more!

• Toon-Prodigy

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Toonicle,

Well so far this season, workrate.

His finishing is off but this new breed of confidence in the team will do him wonders aswell. It’s about getting the balance right and getting sammy gouffran and aarons scoring goals and being consistent.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Gouffran starts tomorrow and scores. Amazing what a winning mentality does for confidence and performances.

Im sure Pardew will want him to join in the party and watch him step up a level. He needs that opportunity though to do it.

It’s good to see players on form. I fancy another goal from Sissoko tomorrow aswell.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Well, we’re not favourites to win the league yet but if we get on a 10 or 12 game winning streak in the league who knows? Let’s look sharp tomorrow lads.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:58 PM

I sense a disruption in the Force. There may be several Jedi knights at the match tomorrow to find out what’s going on.

• mag92

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Liverpool might have an eye on the game against Real Madrid, on Tuesday night.

• Toon-Prodigy

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:06 PM

The results havn’t been great for a while but I feel there is something really positive happening with the footballing side of the club at the minute.

The ermergence of aarons, ameobi, Cisse, Dummett, Abeid and young Armstrong, Perez.

We are seeing a bit of form from individuals, competition for places can only be a good thing.

We also have Santon to come back and De Jong.

My worry always stays with Ashley. He won’t think twice about de-railing the season come January and sell anyone of our top performers and we all know he won’t be replaced unless there is a bargain to be had.

Anita and Tiote I fancy to be away. Krul aswell sometime in the next year. Anita is just not needed. Santon could well be away aswell back to Italy. Then we will have to start over once again.

• Go toon gooooo

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Manager Thinks He Has The Upper Hand Over Liverpool
    His first game against Liverpool was his first game for Newcastle,he was sure and he won.We hope that will repeat in this game.Also very important is Liverpool’s game against Abu Dhabi in Tuesday 🙂

• Ancientcoptic

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Sissoko wages are 912,000 Euros per year, apparently. That turns out to be under 14k per week.

He was signed on a 6 and a half year deal, but it would probably be best not to milk the situation. Sissoko needs a big pay increase to keep him happy, or he will be putting in a transfer request.

He could get over 70k per week easily at other clubs.

• Ancientcoptic

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Actually, you can disregard that. Just noticed his reported wages have not been updated. That is what he earned at Toulouse.

• Toon-Prodigy

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Ancient,

That seems to me that could well be what he was on in France.

He has to atleast be on 30 grand a week at Newcastle. M’Biwa is on 50-60 apparantly.

• Toon-Prodigy

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Still though, he could well be away for bigger money at some point.

His mixup on Wednesday night on twitter didn’t bode well haha. I think the lad is dreaming of Arsenal.

• bladeuser

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Pool will not have an eye on real madrid as madrid will murder them so u pardew lovers can go and kiss his ass 3wins and u think the sun shines from it your as bad as he is wow 3 wins on the trot and all is ok now u r deluded when r u going to wake up and smell the coffee and dont give me that crap we have turned the corner a couple of wins and we rule the world what have we won NOTHING a scrappy win at home spurs missed a hatful city fair enough when we are in the top seven and have won nine or ten out of twelve then i can see the light but a couple of losses and hey presto back in the relegation zone get a grip great fans but so deluded

• mag92

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:03 PM

@24 have you got a boil or pimple that’s irritating you?

• Magpie Myles

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Bladeuser

Sorry for being optimistic and SUPPORTING the team & manager.

Find another blog!!!

• Puppet Pardew

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:03 PM

mag92 @ 8

‘A win tomorrow will see Pardew getting Manager of the month, how fortunes change.’

Hi loyal fan, I’d like to think so after my single handed amazing performances of late, but alas tomorrow is November (but then again it would set me nicely for the next award even if I miss out on October).

Yours (as magnificently as ever),

PP

• mag92

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Numpty Pardew might get manager of the month!

• Harley

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Wow bladeuser you said all that in 1 sentence.
    Skills.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:14 PM

26Magpie Myles // Oct 31, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Bladeuser

Sorry for being optimistic and SUPPORTING the team & manager.

Find another blog!!!

Well said mate, bloody moaners.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:16 PM

i bet you he will celebrate just like the rest of the moaners if we beat Liverpool.

• mag92

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Unbeaten in October and the moaning still goes on.

• Jeff from Benwell

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:22 PM

GeordieTwo // Oct 31, 2014 at 6:47 PM

“I will take it in any orifice“ GeordieTwo 2014

• Dulcinera

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:22 PM

I think that’s a not so subtle hint that we will be seeing a starting 11 that we’re not use to seeing in the prem

• Jeff from Benwell

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:29 PM

bladeuser // you have issues – wassamatta pet .Your lass burnt the chaysee chips ?

• Go toon gooooo

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Good results in the last couple of games are not crucial sign.Alan Pardew neither.The only positive sign is that team is playing good football-THAT IS IMPORTANT.And that give me hope.Nobody wants last season.Cabaye out and we are lost in the space.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:34 PM

i don’t know about some of you on here but I will be behind the team, win lose or draw tomorrow.

• beermonkey

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:43 PM

welsh

yeah Swansea do have a toughie away to everton

• Jeff from Benwell

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:45 PM

GeordieTwo // Oct 31, 2014 at 6:09 PM

It’s all about money as Whelan says. He doesn’t give a fig about football – This DaveWhelan ?
    A prominent supporter of the Conservative Party, in 2008 he donated £250,000 to the Party and in 2013 he stirred controversy with his call for a mandatory minute’s silence at all football games upon the death of Margaret Thatcher.

• Graeme

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Jeff – and the relevance to NUFC is what, exactly??
    What Whelen does with his money is his perogative, nowt to do with anyone else.