Newcastle Move In For German Intentional Defender

I’ve just finished my stint as Mr (very terrifying) Skeleton Man and my wife Madeline as the Witch on  trick or treat night,  and I managed to scare a few of the (very young) kids – though I didn’t really hit my target. 😀

Sebastian Jung

Sebastien Jung – excellent German defender

And now looking at the news coming through tonight,  it seems we are after 24 year-old Wolfsburg German International right back Sebastian Jung.

Sebastien signed for Wolfsburg on a four year contract only last summer from Eintracht Frankfurt,  for his release clause amount of €2.5M (£2M).

Jung is a very good player and will very likely be the eventual successor to Bayern Munich and German captain and right back Philipp Lahm.

The Frankfurt right back has one full cap for Germany,  and he has also played for all the German Youth sides.

Newcastle’s weakness over the last two seasons has been our  defense,  and we are seeing a number of reports of Newcastle being interested in signing top young defenders in Europe.

Jung made his Bundesliga debut for Eintracht Frankfurt back in March of 2009,  in a 0–0 draw against Arminia Bielefeld, when he was just 18 years old and since then,  the 5′ 10″ tall player has played 164 games with 5 goals for Frankfurt.

Newcastle could bring in a number of players during January, if only that they will get half a season to get acclimatized to English football,  and should be all ready to go next season, as they get bedded in on Tyneside.

Whether or not we are in relegation trouble in January, we would like to see Newcastle bring in some new players in January to further strengthen our squad,  and from what we can tell – Sebastien would be a good signing for the club.

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• toonincheek

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Intentional defender – love it, just love it.
    Thanks for the smile, Ed.
    Typos are often the best.

• beermonkey

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:14 AM

cant see it we have jaanmat raylor taylor and a right footed left back santon that can all play at right back

we need a centre back or 2

• expatmag

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:15 AM

I cant see us paying a large amount for another international right back unless we are planning on selling Janmaat already which us highly unlikely.

No mire than press speculation here.

• Dulcinera

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Has anyone read that bbc interview with Pardew were he compares his management to assembling ikea furniture?

I’m not his biggest fan and i’m not his biggest critic either but what the fcuk is he going on about there? makes no sense at all

• optimistic prime

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Mags

1893 wow lad how old are you

Expat

The pressing has made all the difference.

Toonicheck

Funny thing is I was one of only a handful who at half time against spurs came on and said we’d get something.

Dulc

All I want is for the team to have a fighting chance, players in their favoured positions and in a formation they feel comfortable in.That would be half the battle won.

Off to bed in a min, early start to not support the lads

• optimistic prime

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:33 AM

I’m a big fan of German players but doubt this is happening.

Was thinking before we should keep Rolando until we can get around 100mil for him, maybe then we can afford a striker or CB 😉

• optimistic prime

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Toonicheck

The reason behind me thinking we’d get something at half time is I’ve lost count the amount of times NUFC have battered someone in one half only to lose or draw.
    For me the writing was on the wall as spurs hadn’t made their 1st half domination count.

I was also trying to be positive as the blog was I melt down, I was as surprised as anyone when we scored that quick and the winner went in, I’d called 1-1

• toonincheek

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:05 AM

O-P

Ah, so you were not deluded, only visionary!

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Nov 1, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Total Speculation !

I would prefer us to go for Virgil van Dijck van Celtic, who i had hoped we were going to sign in the summer !
    He used to play CB for FC Groningen, used to boss the midfield whenever i saw him play before moving to Celtic where i feel he is wasted !

The Problem is that there are a host of other clubs interested too? This is one player who i really wish we could get! But, who am i kidding? he,ll probably end up at Swansea, Southampton or Everton who have managed to sign most of our targets in the last few years !