Newcastle Trying To Sign Top Free Agent

Newcastle were interested in signing French International defensive midfielder Lassana Diarra when he was still at Arsenal back in 2008, and there is news in the People today that Newcastle are again interested in signing the midfielder.

Lassana Diarra lokomotiv moscow_2013

Lassana Diarra at Lokomotiv last year

The former Real Madrid midfielder left Lokomotiv Moscow in the summer, and he was expected to sign on for the rest of the season at Glasgow Celtic.

But the news is that his former Moscow club have refused to release his registration, and it seems the deal has completely fallen through.

QPR manager Harry Redknapp tried to sign his former player (he was at Portsmouth with Harry) in the summer didn’t materialize.

But the player turns 30 in March and the Magpies (make that Mike Ashley) prefer to bring in players 26 years old and younger, and in any case his wages could be too high for Newcastle.

But the news is that Newcastle want to sign him through the rest of this season only, and maybe it’s a deal Newcastle want to make because the club will sell Cheick Tiote and the club wants to bring in an experienced replacement for this season.

So signing this very good defensive midfielder would  make some sense, if it’s because of that.

But we shouldn’t  be thinking of selling Tiote in January, and why couldn’t any deal for Cheick wait until the summer?.

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• JamesToon

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Really hope Cabella gets a start against west brom.

Krul
    Janmaat-Saylor-Coloccini-Dummett
    Abeid-Sissoko-Colback
    Cabella-Perez-Aarons

Subs: Elliot-Satka-Haidara-Raylor-Tiote-Ameobi-Armstrong

• Sliema

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:54 PM

I would like to sign him, he’s won titles. Played for top clubs, that stuff makes a difference. He’s fantastic at what he does.

An 18 month contract would make sense.

• Transfer Sage

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Sliema

Exactly, youngsters can only offer so much. This guy has played top level for years. Might be on the downhill of his career but his passing, vision and other technical aspects should still be in his game. Even if just a squad player who gets 20/25ish games a season his experience could help others and be good to slow down games and see us home.

• Sliema

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Sage

Indeed. And he’s only 30, still got 1-3 years of his peak left in him. He’s not a player who needs pace, therefore he can probably co even longer than that!

• SpaceGhost

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Diarra have played in this league before, hence he will acclimatize faster & more can settle faster with the french contingents around him. Abeid & Bigi would benefit from this signing. If he’s looking for a way to get back into the French squad, this is probably the best club for him.

Mashley’s recruit policy not signing exprienced players is flawed. We could have benefited from signing Brede Hengeland who was released by Fulham. An exceptional cover for the departing M’biwa

• Reyantoon

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Morning / evening lads:
    Don’t have a word but filled with joy..
    what a turnaround..
    Another brilliant win..
    He is indeed back from the dead..
    we are back IN-FORM..
    Let’s enjoy the win,no more complain..
    we are on song..
    Hwtl!!

• jamesnufc86

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Everyone saying that we should sell Tiote as we have Abied now is deluded. We have a great run of matches and after 1 appearance Abied can do a better job. Jesus Christ, thick as mice some people, Tiote has without doubt been our best player this season, by a long shot, people have such short memories, you can’t pick the best Newcastle team over 90 minutes

• AccyToon1

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Not having it. Good player but not needed. CB’s are needed. If Ashley wants to waste his money (yeah i know) i would take a season ticket and fuel payments for next few years for me and my lad.

• lesh

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:55 AM

If Ashley’s insisting on dealing players in the January window, he should learn that January’s the time to buy and the summer the time to sell. New players bed in when his likely predecessor’s still available.

It’s not rocket science.

• catchy in norway

Nov 2, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Transfer Sage

2 threads back, 130

no I don’t watch to have this opinion at all, what I do is watch with my eyes open and win lose or draw I give an honest opinion on how I see it.

manx thinks he has one over on me because I got the order of the subs wrong on a game, and il be the first to admit I get things wrong, but what I wont do is pat somebody on the back because people think that its the right thing to do,
    in real life I know im not a person who people think I am on here, and it dosnt bother me people think im miserable when it comes to nufc,

you know what, my whole opinion on football has changed slowly since Ashley took over our club, before he came you would never catch me saying any of our managers were crap, and there have not been many players that I don’t have time for, it may come as a surprise that the players I dislike the most out of all the that have played for us are ginola and howey, both for the same reason, they both walked passed my 10 year old nephew and didn’t even look at him when he asked for an autograph on match day.
    managers like big sam and glen were not good enough but I never asked for them to be sacked , I was gutted when SBR was fired.
    I don’t llike liars, you cannot trust them, mike Ashley has been found guilty of lying in a court of law regarding NUFC
    and for me just about every word that comes out of P45s mouth is a lie, he is the kind of person that you could ask the same question week after week and he will skirt around it and give you a different answer to the one everyone knows is the right one.

I watch NUFC because there my team, we were all told P45 was here to take us forward, I cannot be blamed for any of the unrest that is going on at the club , no matter how bad I think he is, we all know we have no say in nothing, pardew has the power to change anything he wants, all he has to do is play football, but he cannot , if the guy stuck to the simple game, pass and move, pick a system people can identify with, he just cannot do it, this is where his ego takes over, in his head he is better than us all, he thinks its a matter of time before he will be thought of the same as SBR SAF jose Wenger, but the guy is so far behind these guys because he does not grasp the very basics of the game, score goals, I have never seen a team win a game by not scoring goals ( yeh yeh own goals) but you know what I mean, p45 would rather sit tight for 70 mins then sprint the 20 mins and say we gave it ago, when the truth is we wasted 70 mins hoping that we could get something in the last 20. but what sticks in most peoples minds is those last 20 mins, they leave with this opinion we played for 90 mins.

the guy is a con man, plain and simple , in his 4 years here all I hear is im waiting for my player’s to bed in, well he has it in his locker, if im honest we wasn’t at our best today, yet the guy is quick to pat himself on the back, esp when we beat a so called big team, to me he is like one of those guys you work with, the boss thinks he is doing a great job because he is always telling the boss he is doing a great job, but all the other workers you know don’t like the guy because the rest have to carry the guy, he is know for his brown tongue, this is pardew, he tells people what they want to here, fans like manx lap it up.
    if he opened his eyes he would see, other than the man c game, our 3 league games have the same football as it has his whole time here, contain and don’t over commit, these last 3 games have brought results, but how many results did the previous 25 matches ?. not many

yesterday he got more wrong than he got right, but got 3 points, I know you know this form is going to be short lived, this is based purely on what we watch.

if some fans want to think its a new dawn, more fool them, me iv got my feet on the ground,

• catchy in norway

Nov 2, 2014 at 1:39 AM

back to work 🙁

• toonicle

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:23 AM

The good thing about squad depth is Cabella can come right in for Obertan now.

• expatmag

Nov 2, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Catchy

You make some good points but credit where credit is due, Pardew has eventually given the kids a chance in recent games which is something I have been shouting out loud for him to do since January last season.

The other thing he has the team doing is exerting pressure on the opposition in packs when they are in possession. It is about time.

Perez Ameobi and Aarons have come to the fore with crucial goals and are currently baling us out so much so that Riviere Gouffran and Williamson appear now to be superceded in the starting 11.

His game plan is to soak up pressure and hit on the break which is all well and good when we play possession based teams like Liverpool and Man City but when we come up against the likes of Burnley QPR and Sunderland especially at home, I would be very unhappy to see this tactic adopted.

I was hugely impressed with young Dummett in the last couple of games in particular and he has shown just how versatile he is. Sterling got absolutely nothing out of him yesterday.

A few points about yesterday.

1..People in the press are disappointed with how Liverpool performed giving little credit to how Newcastle succeeded in stopping them. We snuffed out their major threats exceptionally well restricting them to very few chances.

2…Obertan was superb until his injury. He will be missed. I never thought I would ever say that but he looks a different player from previous seasons.

3….Saylor has come back well and forms a decent partnership with an in form Colo.

4…Sissoko showed ALWAYS be played through the middle. What power he possesses.

5..It is great to see the youth in thus side coming in and performing to such a high standard. A big well done to Abeid as well as Dummett. Clean sheets and wins against 2 of the best teams in the country.

lets hope we can keep thus momentum going.

• NOVA2967

Nov 2, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Bigi should be loaned to Rangers with Campbell…
    Your welcome

• NOVA2967

Nov 2, 2014 at 3:54 AM

Diaraa is a class players last i knew. years ago tho

• Klatoon

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:30 AM

On Tiote, my biggest concern is his committment. Always injured for us but available for Ivory Coast double headers. Wait for 15th this month when the Afcon qualifiers roll back. We would rather have Abeid playing, fire and passion. Yesterday when he lost possession because he didnt get a call he turned round and gave his teammates an earful. he was genuinely upset at losing the ball, unlike Tiote who does it 10 times on the edge of our own box.

• catchy in norway

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:53 AM

expat

nice to see you up and about 🙂

night shift for me tonight 🙂

im all for the kids getting there fair chance, but I am very cynical as to why they are getting there chance as I have seen it to many times under p45, kids get a chance do well then disappear for months with no real reason,

take your pick out of Santon dummett hiadara and I guess you could throw fergy in there too, every one of them are in and out of the team at some point after all doing well, not one has nailed down that spot, santon got the closest but got burnt out doing his and Jonas ( left wing/LB) job
    fergy, I remember p45 saying he could peel oranges with that left foot, for me out of all the LB , young fergy was the most natural at crossing the ball, never bottled a tackle, but ended up lost under him.
    james tav, for me was a much better player than Danny simpson, cast to one side

CM take your pick, Abeid, he has been our best player in 2 of our last 3 pre seasons, so it was no surprise to see him go to Greece and have a good season last year, while I rate tiote, but Abeid is a better all round player
    vukic , the kid has been unlucky on 2 fronts, 1 injury 2 p45, he talks him up then puts him in a position that is alien to him or expects him to be the main man in our MF v Stevie G at pool, no support from our senior players,
    Guthrie and goslin , both not bad prospects never given a chance, Jonas got his game every week perch was his back up.
    I don’t rate Oberan at all, not even this season, I don’t think he has improved at all, I think us as a team have sank to a level which is way below the level he joined the team which in turn makes him look better,
    he still runs past the ball
    he still picks when he want to track back
    he still cannot cross a ball, he chooses to cut it back or pass it into the box,
    that’s my opinion on him, I expect so much more from him, and that would be effort for a start.

then Campbell or even Armstrong perez, esp arma, perez I feel so sorry for the kids , the told to play up front with no support just be the first line of defence , chase the defenders down, how are they meant to learn? there never up front with anyone, I remember P45 coming out and saying there was very little to choose between Shola and Campbell, yet shola got his games, offered us very little and we new what were going to get from him, LAZY, Campbell wanted to run, I no which I would have picked, Campbell every time, his best years where in front of him, shola was living of his goals against sunderland.

its not just the kids, players like marv hba cisse rivi cabella sissoko goofy yanga jonas saylor colo have taken huge steps backwards in there own games, chucky. im yet to see him

I don’t care what anyone says to me, I will never be convinced p45 is a team player, the game is about doing what he says, he dosnt seem to evaluate his squad and think , hmm my squad is better suited to 442 352 or 343, noo it is all about he has to play 4231, which in reality ends up being 432——-1 up all alone.

the kids have only got in the team because they flooked a good win at City, if that had not of happed and it went the way him and the rest of us thought, goofy would still be in the team, willamson would get back in when he is ready.

its a sad time to be an NUFC supporter.

right im off home to bed

• catchy in norway

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:55 AM

arrrg nova

bigi, I forgot about him, he is another kid who seemed to be doing well, only to fall of the face of the earth under p45.

I really hate the guy

• expatmag

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:58 AM

I would be happy to sell Tiote to someone in europe for nothing less than 15 million.

Abeid as his replacement, Diarra as a free squad back up and use the 15 million on a german centre half (cant remember his name) and Danny Ings from Burnley.

3 quality players in for the price of 1 and an up and coming young hungry talent that cost nothing.

Tiote has stated he wants to go so it is a win win situation as far as I am concerned.

• expatmag

Nov 2, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Catchy

Once again, some relevant points.

I agree that in his tenure, Pardew has failed to adapt the kids into the squad. However, only time will tell if the current crop are given a decent length of time to progress.

It has been documented that the Ashley vision is to generate our own talent rather than paying ridiculous amounts of money for generally over rated players. He has upgraded the academy and has plans to revamp training facilities in general. He needs to upgrade these facilities with quality coaching staff which by all accounts he us doing.

I wonder whether he gas recently instructed Pardew to use the kids and develop them as he will not be paying out big money in future transfer fees.

In my opinion, Ferguson has the skill but nit the physical attributes and determination to succeed at this level. The sane goes for Vuckic.

Tavernier, until recently, couldnt get into the Wigan first team and I certainly rate Simpson better than him. At one stage 2 seasons ago, many on this blog thought he was international material.

I think you are unfair to Pardew regarding Guthrie and Gosling. Guthrie was offered a new contract but refused it because he was considered back up to Cabaye.Unfortunaely for Gosling, injuries really dictated his future at the club. Neither of them are regular first 11 selections at Reading and Bournemouth.

On the subject of Obertan, like you and many others, until this season, I gave seen little to be impressed about. However, this season, he has really responded and over the last few games, has been instrumental in our results and tactics.

His winning goal v Leicester plus the cross fir Cisse’s first goal at Swansea got us much needed results. Ge was brilliant against City having had a goal marginally ruled out for offside and a blatant penalty turned down. Before his injury against Liverpool, he was terrifying them down the right wing with his pace and power. In my opinion, he will be missed.

I was reading the SMB blog earlier today. In the thread about our match which incidentally ran to 25 sheets, they are crapping themselves about playing us in december. Amongst all the usual hateful posts, several said we had turned the corner and would be a threat to the top 4. Whilst I believe that maybe a bit far fetched, it could be achieved with the right mix and a couple of shrewd signings in January.

However, one sensible poster on there commented that from yesterdays team v Liverpool, the squad included Krul Taylor Dummett Abeid Ameobi and Aarons with Armstrong close as well, all home grown players gaining victories against some of the top teams in the PL. How they wish Sunderland could do that?

Pardew does indeed have an excellent crop of kids coming through. Lets hope he develops and uses them wisely.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Catchy, everyone on here knows that you despise Pardew !

But Pardew is just the Trainer at the Club and is Fat Ash,s Muppet ! Your hate for Pardew is only matched by my hate of Ashley !

Most of what you say i agree with, but for the next 4 years at least you are stuck with this bloke as trainer so will be suffering umtil 2018 at least.

Unless , of course we end up doing a Leeds and end up at the bottom of League 3 ? And before that happens, Pardew will of already gone me-thinks !

• Toon-Prodigy

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:35 AM

One of the problems at Newcastle though, is that we could have the best youngins coming through in the country, and still, their game time will be limited because of this transfer structure.

Our “purples” need to be in the shop window as much as possible for this structure to work. It goes against the whole structure if they are decreasing in value sitting on the bench.

They will only get game time when injuries occur or if we are going through a transition phase and players are bedding in. Just like now, taking time to adjust.

Sooner or later your Cabella’s and De Jongs will have to be in that shop window and will be picked regardless of form above anyone else. Abeid will be dropped for Tiote etc etc.

It’s a poor transfer structure, but it’s one Pardew has to work with, it’s only benefit is to make money to bring in the next crop of cheap imports.

• mindcompressor

Nov 2, 2014 at 8:13 AM

I would never sell Tiote. IMHO he is one of the most dedicated players to our club. In my home city in Poland we call him “Angry Dog” – you know in positive expression – he is everywhere and he will not let anyone go through freely.

It is great to know that we have Abeid, Bigi or Kemen in line, however, with whole respect to youngsters, they are not on level which is natural Tiote.

We got good results now and if (there is always some ifs…) we can keep it that way and if we will behave on transfer market on January in proper way (it means do 1-2 purchases without selling key players, especially in the last hours of the window), he might to change his mind and stay with us. He has got quality to be a star everywhere, but here he is THE star.

Apart of all of that – it was great to see another victory. Our young fury – Sammy, Perez, Abeid, Dummett, Cabela did great job. Shame Armstrong wasn’t on a field, but I’m sure he will score twice against Tottenham in the cup 😉

HOWAY THE LADS! 🙂 Greetings from Poland 🙂

• toonincheek

Nov 2, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Agree that Tiote, playing well, must be part of our strongest side, but I would play him with Abeid and Sissoko our strongest most creative midfield.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Nov 2, 2014 at 9:14 AM

I will be gutted if Tiote is sold !

But if he goes i hope we will get at least 20Mil for him ?

Reports say that Napoli want to pay 12 Mil for him and The Gooners 16Mil ? Prefer him to go abroad if he goes? But would much prefer for him not to be sold !

• goommy

Nov 2, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Maybe a good deal if Tiote left the club. But is he good enough?