It Feels Incredible – It’s A Dream Come True

Newcastle looked a good side on Saturday and although it was a close game against Liverpool, Newcastle pushed for the winner in the last 25 minutes or so, and it was 21 year-old Ayoze Perez who scored the winner, for the second league game running to give Newcastle all 3 points.

ayoze perez scores 76

Ayoze Perez scores on Saturday

Newcastle are now on 13 points after 10 games and in 12th place, but we are just 3 points out of 6th place, and if we can win at West Brom next Sunday, we will continue to climb up the league table.

This is what a delighted Ayoze has said , and he’s praised captain Coloccini for his help:

“It feels incredible and I couldn’t ask for any more,” “It’s been a really good week with the two goals, but more importantly because it’s the fourth consecutive win for the team.”

“The goal at Spurs, that was a big thing for me. Getting my first Premier League goal has definitely helped my confidence and also the fact that I’ve been really involved with the team.”

“When you score a goal it helps you to feel that you’ve proved what you can do.” “It’s a dream come true for me. To make the jump from a team like Tenerife to playing in the Premier League is incredible and is something I always wanted to do.”

“Our skipper Fabricio Coloccini has been a massive help.”  “He has tried to look after me and I can only thank him for his support. He has made things much easier for me, which was important when I made the move to England.”

Perez signed on from Tenerife for just £1.6M in the summer, and he’s already played 11 times with two goals for the first team.

That’s Newcastle’s fourth win in a row, but all that matters now is that Newcastle beat West Brom on Sunday, who are above us in the league table.

Papiss Cisse is likely to start up front at The Hawthorns, but Pardew brings in the young Spanish U21 International almost every game, so he’s certainly gained the confidence of the Newcastle manager.

Ayoze is looking like a great signing for Newcastle United.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Lost Plot

Nov 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

The Black & White Army are back storming the ranks and big style to!

Keep up the support and glory days will continue 🙂

Well into the players .. Hardest League on the planet and the players have gelled better than we could have expected!

There more scorers amongst our ranks .. Need Siem back for full duty and we climbing

• Dulcinera

Nov 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Even though i’ve been an ardent supporter of this regime i think the 4 wins have papered over a few cracks in this team

Id’ like to see us win more games being the better footballing side with sexier football and not just the team who has fewer possesion and and roughs out the 1-0 wins

However i think this is a reflection of our inability as a team to play this kind of football and not the fact pardew is a “bad” manager. We just need more footballing ability in the team and a consistant way of playing!

• mick1981

Nov 3, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Also on a private note does anyone know how you become a freemason

• Canny in Canberra

Nov 3, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Patience Dulc.

We can see the confidence growing by the week. I think if we can keep this run going then the lads will start playing the kind of football that pleases the puritans.

Results first though. It’s hard to think about looking good with the drop looming over your head.

• Canny in Canberra

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Where’s Expat?
    He should have the day off. Melbourne Cup tomorrow

• expatmag

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Canny

I am here and I have every day off now mate as I am now retired thanks to a healthy state government package and super scheme and a hard working wife 22 years younger than me….lol

• brklyngeordie

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:23 AM

I admit was very disappointed in team early in season and was very concerned about relegation but to my surprise we have turned it around and sense the Lads really felt for Pards and the whole the negativity surrounding the club and looked themselves in mirror and have truly turned it around..Long may it continue HWTL!!!

• Santon03

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:25 AM

A “small team” from the north beat 3 “giant teams”, sweeeeeeetttttttt!!!

• Brutooon

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:26 AM

get rid of williamson, we won 4 matches.

keep him at the bench all season and we will win the league !!!!

• Santon03

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:26 AM

Abeid was amazing, definitely MOTM!
    Janmaat close 2nd imo, just because he chopped Mario 🙂

• Santon03

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:34 AM

it’s just coincidence that we won these games without Willo, you might as well include Tiote in that category. We start winning because everyone started playing with great spirit and desire to win.
    Actually, we started to win because sackpardew.com, it definitely put pressure on the manager and the team to work hard and play well, it’s kind of wake up call for everyone at the club.

• expatmag

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Man of the match for me was Coloccini followed closely by Sissoko and Abeid.

Colo marshalled the defence beautifully and Liverpool were reduced to speculative efforts from outside the box.

• Thump

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:11 AM

Keep your feet on the ground, lads. We’ve had some fantastic wins, and it’ll come to an end eventually. As fantastic as our performance was in the cup against City, we didn’t see the same confidence and determination against Liverpool (well, maybe in the back line, though Janmaat was a bit shaky in the first half) who, let’s face it, didn’t show up against us. Teams know that we won’t roll over, so if they put in that little extra bit of energy, we can be back in the scrap.

Keep the faith, but keep those feet on the deck!

• expatmag

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Thump

Unfortunately, injuries seem to be kicking in again with the loss of Obertan and possibly Cisse.

It is now time for others to step up and not just the kids either.

I found it interesting that Riviere didnt even make the bench on saturday after having played a part on wednesday and I would also be interested to really know why Ferrerya isnt even getting a sniff. What a waste of money he appears to have been.

• expatmag

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Santon

I certainly would not include Tiote because whilst we went through the bad patch, he was one of the few who performed well. Against Hull, he was instrumental in getting us back into the game with that surging run and pass for Cisse’s first goal.

However, I think he will be sold either in January or more probably, in the summer.

I wonder whether there is anything in these rumours of us being in for Diarra though. If true, then Tiote could be off in January although he will miss another month due to tHe ACN.

Diarra would be a very good short term replacement although I would rather see Abeid given more of a decent run to see whether he can progress further.

• cyprus

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:47 AM

I’ve been his biggest critic, but he handled adversity reasonably, especially when compared to others. That Van Gaal character increasingly looks a right axxhxle, even calling his players stupid. Compare with Moyes, who had a better record with worse players. Even the gentleman Pellegrini seems very irritable. And Mourinho is a charming winner but often a terrible loser.

• expatmag

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Cyprus

It is probably easy to behave in his case when he considers himself lucky to still be in a high profile managers job earning 50k a week circa taking into account his 2014 record.

As for the other managers mentioned, they are all winners and entitled to be grumpy when they lose. I would have each and every one of them instead of Pardew.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Pleased for Perez. I personally expected him to take longer to settle, and saw him as one for the development squad. Whether that was the plan but it was hindered by the fitness of Cisse, the poor showing of Rivi and the non showing of Ferreyra, who knows. But he has taken his chance and looks comfortable doing a job. I expect it has really benefitted him that his brother moved with him, and I think his father has been here a lot, although not sure if he moved or just visits.

Long may it continue for the lad. I’d be keen to see a combination of Ayoze, Arma and Aarons given a chance at some stage. Could be an exciting trio for us in the future, albeit briefly before providing a cash windfall for Ashley.

• Santon03

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:14 AM

expat

I don’t know about Diarra. I don’t think we need another DM even if we sold Tiote and Anita (he’s just not made for this team and league). We have Abeid, Collback, Raylor, Sissoko who can play DM or holding midfield.
    We have Dummet who can play CB very well, we still have Santon who can play RB/LB or LW/RW. We also have Sammy, Aarons, Gouffran, Cabella as wingers. DeJong will be back in January as #10. I’m not sure where we need to add, possibly a strong forward who can win air duels, it’s good to have option like that.

• Santon03

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:16 AM

Let’s not forget Mbiwa, he might want to stay.

• cyprus

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Lil,
    I agree, these new ones are a pleasant surprise. Disagree with the cash withdrawal, though 🙂 When you get to be so rich, it stops being about money. Hell, I don’t think about money as a motivator and I am not very close to a billion 🙂
    Expat, can’t disagree with much there

• Santon03

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Lilo

if some club (big possibility liverfool) bidding 40 million for one of them, should MA take it or not?

• cyprus

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Santon.
    would you rather live in Newcastle or Rome 😉

• Santon03

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Rome 😛

• cyprus

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:22 AM

Exactly

• Santon03

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:23 AM

I won’t be surprise if MA put price tag 50 million for Aarons to deter any bidder, but some clubs will still go for it.

• cyprus

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:25 AM

I think Riviere needs another chance. He seemed powerful and full of movement at the start.

• Santon03

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:28 AM

I’ve never seen Riviere played for Monaco, everyone said he was a goal machine, scoring more goals than Falcao.

• expatmag

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Lil

Wouldnt that be something?

Throw in Sammy and Abeid in midfield with Sissoko and Tiote and there you have the pace and power going forward that would really excite the fans. Imagine that lot with a Sheareresque centre forward in his prime?

The situation regarding Aarons is virtually a mirror image of Liverpool’s Sterling. Roy Hodgson was apparently so impressed with Aarons debut for the England u20 team in the 6-0 drubbing of Romania that he hinted at fast tracking him to the senior squad.

We need to get this kid on a long term contract to fend off the big clubs.

If we continue to turn our season around, with the addition of Darlow and Lascelles next year, it could be a very exciting 2015/16 season.

• expatmag

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:43 AM

Santon

Mbiwa isnt coming back. A fee of circa £5m has already been agreed and he will probably sign for Roma in January.

I expect Tiote to probably go in January which should see Ashley rake in close to £20 million.

The question is whether he will spend the money on the team or pocket the cash. It all fits with his past history and interest in Diarra.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Cyprus,
    Obviously I’d prefer them to stay, but we know big bids will be accepted.

Santon,
    £40million, probably, reinvested correctly and that would be very useful cash to have. The problem comes with where exactly it is reinvested.

Expat,
    It would be great to see the club bringing through a number of youngsters. There is still Streete and Satka to come through potentially, Mbabu, then in the next generation we have Longstaff (x2), Heaney who looks an exciting player. I’ve always said I’d prefer us to build the club in this vein, rather than a billionaire come in. It may not bring instant gratification, or ever bring us trophies, but I find it more rewarding to watch my NUFC play and build this way then just spending half a billion on detached superstars.

• Jeff from Benwell

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:51 AM

For “pocket the cash“.read…. “Add to the Club Coffers“

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Expat,
    I also fully understand that my ideal building and club development model isn’t everyones cup of tea, and that many would prefer the rewards that come with the riches of a Sheikh. I get that, I just prefer football at the grassroots and development level rather than the huge business that it has become.

• Santon03

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Lilo

The money has been reinvested imo, but not all of them in players. We have new facilities which is cost money to build. I don’t know if it’s considered as investment or not because people each has different level of investment.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Santon,
    I think some of it has been reinvested, but we made an operating profit last year and will have made a larger one this year. Obviously the training facility will be being paid for from this, as well as floodlights and big screen, but there will certainly be money available within the club for further investment.

Greater transparency and communications would be useful to help resolve this issue. If we sell a player for £40million though, then a significant amount of that should be reinvested into replacing him, either via a big purchase or improving the level of our development program, ideally there would be significant spent on both to continue to build and improve the club.

• Go toon gooooo

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:06 AM

We will not win next game against WBA.I hope I’m wrong.

• Jeff from Benwell

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Go toon gooooo you are wrong

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Dulcerina,
    I don’t know what you base your opinions on but the fans endured some dross and record breaking loss streaks before turning on Pardew and if you’re on about 52K not belting out the Blaydon races in full voice well that’s pretty hard with some of the uninspired effortless football we’ve had to watch. As for Obertran how much time do you give a player who looked like he never gave a fcukin and was absolutely dreadful on and off the ball, to say he was instrumental in that unbeaten run a few years ago is far from the truth, Danny Simpson goal line clearances were a lot more important than Obertran zero goals and assists. And someone who is still supportive of this regime and it’s ambition to win absolutely nothing but healthy profits in my opinion doesn’t know much.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Go toon go,
    Why would you say that ?

• expatmag

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Lil

I totally agree regarding generating our own players. The NE used to be the hotbed of english football and looking at what prospects coming through the ranks, it would be terrific if we became the best in the country again.

Without putting pressure on the current crop of youngsters, there us certainly great potential but care has to be given to ensuring development is progressed steadily with due attention to avoiding burn out.

Perez certainly looks a winner but to put too much pressure on him now would be counter productive.

Maybe one day we might just see a first 11 of geordies and adopted geordies walk out on to SJP as per John Halls vision…..lol