Time To Bring Jonas Gutierrez Back To Tyneside

Newcastle received a lot of stick in the summer for the way they had treated players like Hatem Ben Arfa and Jonas Gutierrez, but when the Argentine International revealed he had been fighting testicular cancer on September 16th, just before the game at home to Hull City,  it put a new light on why the club had been quiet.

jonas gutierrez with giorlfriend

Jonas Gutierrez shown lately with girlfriend Alejandra Maglietti

Ben Arfa had already been sent out on loan to Hull City for the season, on the very last day of the transfer window, so he has played his last game for the club.

But Newcastle had kept quiet about Jonas’ condition to respect his privacy, and there was an outpouring of support for the likable Argentine International, who is in the final year of his contract at the club.

And there was really good news last night that Jonas has beaten the cancer, which is now in remission.

So we wonder what happens with Jonas’ football career now, and will Newcastle now bring the Argentine back on Tyneside, where he can start training with the rest of the squad?

Heres the impact Jonas had on team spirit at Newcastle as he ¨sings” on the team boss, while sitting next to our much more subdued captain, Fabricio Coloccini.

Bring Jonas back to Tyneside, so at least the Newcastle fans have the chance to acknowledge the man, for his tremendous courage and bravery in beating cancer.

Should Newcastle Bring Jonas Back To Tyneside

Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Graeme

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Jonas is no doubt a great guy and we are (I am) delighted he managed to beat his cancer and is well on the way to recovery.

That being said, why on earth would you bring him back, knowing full well his legs are shot and he is never going to play for us again and will be released / sold in the summer. You may as well just agree to terminate his contract and have done with it; give him the chance to do what he wants to do.

• mag92

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Good news on Jonas.

• toonking

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:25 PM

JFA

well why not question your own intelligence then because you have clear said here that you expect them.
    “Jail for Ashley // Nov 4, 2014 at 10:18 AM

There is no doubt that Pardew deserves credit for lifting the players after the Soton and Stoke no shows, but for people to expect apologies and to forget the horrendous football and arrogance, not to mention his disciplinary record over the last two years is asking too much. I expect him to win two lots of four in a row and six streak. I want to see back to back 4-0 wins over the mackems. I expect at least two four nil wins away from home and want to see us beat Lpool 7-0 at Anfield, I might just forgive the slimy wearer of silly glasses if he achieves this.”

• Mister Tuff

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:30 PM

tequila – thanks for the reply. Do you differentiate between a loud unashamed crowing and a quick “cock a doodle do”.
    (no plumage preening or strutting involved).

• GatesheadMag

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I might just forgive the slimy wearer of silly glasses. Again thats just brilliant. Cant we have that put on his seat in the dugout?

• toonking

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:35 PM

sorJFA
    sorry i it was dark humour,

but it might have been easier if you said it as a more easier way.

if you were so intellegent yourself you would right now know this blog will struggle to see things like that as humour because the is so much fighting going on. So you might have used it as humour but most would see it as a serious.

all i want to say is don’t question my intellegence until you have proof of such intellence yourself.

• toonking

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:37 PM

LOL

• tequilamag

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Mister Tuff,
    Cicken for my lunch
    Chicken for my dinner.
    Chicen chicken chicken, i`m a finger lickin winner.

• toon kk

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Great news Jonas has recovered.

Alot of Newcastle fans just live for the present moment, sack Pardew one minute then saying he’s turned over a new leaf the next. He hasn’t changed the team have discovered some confidence (long may it last). We’re only a couple of losses away from Sack Pardew being cryed out.
    Our season will depend on injuries.
    We need to strengthen but we all know that will only happen if relegation is a possibility.

• hibbit

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:54 PM

had the pleasure and of meeting jonas a couple of times a very nice man always happy to give his free time to others but as a player his time is up at nufc and the prem good luck jonas and thank you for all your kindness

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:57 PM

toonking,
    I apologize for questioning your intelligence.

• optimistic prime

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:00 PM

This something I posted about yesterday.

IMO the club could do a lot worse than bring Jonas back so the fans can applaud the man for his recent battle and everything he gave us on pitch.

Surely the feel good factor for dressing room and fans is a win win.

On last thread Ashley didn’t and won’t sack Pardew for one reason, money.

Ashley wouldn’t spend time if he could get away with it.

• GeordieTwo

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Interesting set of fixtures coming up. West Brom, QPR, West Ham, and Burnley. This is a real opportunity to get in the top 8 if our recovery is for real. Surely we should be hoping for 9 points from a possible 12? That would give us 22 points from 14 games. If we slip up in these 4 then we face Chelsea, Arsenal, mackems and ManU in quick succession. It could be a very bumpy ride to Boxing Day. I have no idea how we’ll do in these 8 games but surely the next 4 are very important

• GeordieTwo

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:10 PM

If we don’t beat QPR and Burnley the idea we have turned a corner will be long forgotten. Those are huge games for Pardew. Losses or even draws will bring back demands for Pardew’s head and rightly so.

• toonking

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:17 PM

apolegy accepted

• tequilamag

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Geordie two, knives are being quietly sharpened no doubt.
    They are all very winnable games. The downside of confidence can be complacency. Cliche alert, just looking at one game at a time. Hopefully we can get a win then it`s the international break/bore and at least we can keep the feelgood feeling for another few weeks.

• hibbit

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:25 PM

the next 4 games will test how far we have come with mr pardue 8 or 9 points from the 4 games would be good any less could be a problem later on in the season

• Ibizatoon

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:26 PM

G2…We have an interesting couple of months ahead. On paper, we should be well positioned by the time we get to that run of death.

I do worry (or is worry the right word) whether expectations etc can be kept in check though.

Love, like, hate or indifferent to Pardew, we have to accept that players do have bad games, managers do make bad calls, decisions do go against teams and we will likely not do as well against one of those teams that fans have said we must do well in to prove we’ve turned a corner.

Knowing Pardew and NUFC in general, we’ll likely lose the next 4 and then win the following 4 we’re not supposed to do well in.

Predictably unpredictable.

• Graeme

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Ibiza, you could have made that statement at just about any time in the last 50 years and would be right!!

• Ibizatoon

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:32 PM

This has always been what it comes down to for me, with regards to Pardew.

I know people don’t like or agree with my stance that I don’t believe Ashley will hire anyone better than Pardew, but that is how I feel. As such, until he’s lost the dressing room, I don’t see much point in having him removed.

That is unless Ashley is going to have a re-think about his aims for NUFC.

• Ibizatoon

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Graeme…That’s what I meant by the “NUFC in general” bit – We never do things the way people expect 🙂

• tequilamag

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Good afternoon Ibiza, so difficult to know what to do,lynch him or buy him a pint,
    It`s Catchy I feel sorry for, he has been like one of those wild eyed preachers you see on the street giving it the fire and brimstone. For the last 3 years people have walked by thinking who is that loon ? Then just as he has improved his flock from a few equally wild eyed followers he realises there are hundreds stopping to listen.
    Then someone says did you hear Cisse scored and they all bugger off to the pub to give it the old 6 nowt and he has to start all over again.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Ibiza,
    What a lot of people fail to understand that there is a very small minority that don’t want us to do well at all under Pardew. If he is pulling out the results then every success to him but more often than not he is serving up dross, lets admit it, in that season we finished fifth, a lot of us were in denial about how poor the football actually was, some of those wins against, Villa, Norwich, QPR etc were absolute rubbish and only won with the only shot on target. Last season even though we were decent in patches we knew it wouldn’t last as, despite Pardews lies that Cabaye would be replaced we all knew he wouldn’t and that top six place would start slipping away, which it did spectacularly. So basically this is how bad things have become, when after being one game away from the worst start ever, he wins three in a row and is hailed a hero, I for one don’t want to get the knives out as I would like to see us succeed and it will be very interesting to see what Mashers next move if we’re are looking good for top six, we might very well go on a confidence run, whether Pardew will be able to handle a big name move and another barren window and another deliberate down grade to aim for top ten is another matter.

• cyprus

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Spot on Ibiza. We’ll probably lose to Burnley and beat Chelsea 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Tequila…Hello there, how’s things?

It is a tough one. I no longer feel compelled to excuse or defend Pardew, he’s done enough in my view to justify being fired and at the end of the day he’s simply an average manager.

I do still find a lot of the criticism to be well over the top, but that’s usual in most walks of life.

As for Catchy, I even get where he’s coming from and will praise him that at least he’s consistent! It has developed in to a seemingly unhealthy obsession however.

• cyprus

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM

JFA,
    Not much wrong with what you say there. I’m still not convinced that we haven’t papered the cracks, but hats off if this is for real. I want my team to win. If he does a Fergie and makes us into a force I’ll be the first to congratulate all the pro-pards who are out in force these days 😉 And AP too.

• mag92

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Nufc are apparently having a terrible season, they’re in the quarter finals of the league cup and Manchester United aren’t after all the money spent, they lost 4-0 to the mighty MK Dons and Man City lost 2-0 to Newcastle United reserves! Priceless!

• tequilamag

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Ibiza he looked down and out by the Saints game. I felt at the time the kindest thing was to put him out of his misery.
    Not gettin carried away at all with current form. I still see inherent problems in this squad regardless of Pardews abilities. Young players are rarely consistently good and some of the new guys have not been that convincing, though I really like Janmaat and Perez. Still need that damned elusive proper striker,. We seem to have a boatload of players suite to a no 10 role but nobody bar Cisse capable of playing as a proper CF.
    Catchy is OK, unless he has been on the sauce when he can get a bit see ya outside. The blog kind of needs a catchy in a weird way. Just the one though please.
    Still can`t get my head around the get in posts when the oppo scores but he has sort of accepted a role as panto villain so I don`t take that too seriously

• mag92

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Man United have proved that young players are constantly good and win leagues and silverware!

• Ibizatoon

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Jail…I honestly thought it had all gone too far and that we had reached the point of no return. I truly hoped that he’d be fired, just to give the team and fans a chance.

What has become even clearer and should not be in doubt anymore, is that for whatever reason, Ashley doesn’t want to get rid of Pardew and it’ll only be a very last resort.

People go on about it not being Ashley that chooses the teams or training the players, but clearly Pardew is giving Ashley what he wants – which let’s face it, has little to do with football. That is what is fundamentally wrong at this club and I just don’t see how it changes until Ashley does.

I’ll take your word on that 5th placed finish. I’m sure it wasn’t beautiful football for the majority of games, but I was entertained / excited. I’m not sure I can consider myself a football purist, although I do like / appreciate watching the game being played in a positive fashion.

I just don’t see the point in fixating on Pardew (which I know you don’t do), he’s almost insignificant.

So, i’m not alone in thinking this recent upturn in form could well lead to another January payday for MASH holdings?

• tequilamag

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Mag 92 not since Neville Beckham Scholes came through and that was ages ago. Janujaz recently but other than that not been too impressed with the few young players they have brought through in recent years. Janujaz is a good example. Looks world class sometimes but often anon.

• mag92

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM

What about Giggs, Butt, sharp, brown, O’shea, welbeck, Rooney, Fletcher etc!

• mag92

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:19 PM

And the great Ronaldo!

• Mister Tuff

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:19 PM

what’s all this about wanting to put that crowing rooster -King Percy – out of his misery. Shocking.

• Ibizatoon

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Jail…I should add that I too think it’s way to early to be hailing him a hero. It was basically3 matches in 6 days that we did well in, nothing conclusive, but a great 6 days!

Tequila…So would Perez fall in to the new or young category? As he falls in to both, can that be considered a double signing? Ashley would be proud.

Where my sympathy starts and stops for Pardew is that he’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t.

There are problems there for all to see. A “proper” striker would certainly help a lot, but no doubt would be papering over the cracks – but isn’t that Ashley in a nut shell?

Poor quality goods, throw a 30% off sticker on it.

Anyway, everyone remember, don’t get Catchy wet or feed him after midnight.

mag92…This is honestly not meant to start a tit for tat, but are your posts for real? Man United have had years of success due to great scouting and management.

• NZGeordieviaAfrica

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:22 PM

For me we have been quite fortunate in the win at Man City and even against Liverpool. Our defence is shocking (still) and Collocini is clueless most of the time! Seems to be always ball watching or just flopping around like a fish out of water. Not yet convinced on Sammy Ameobi , seems to lose the ball quite a bit and his defence is sloppy. I agree the next 4 games will be the true test. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if we lost 2 and drew 2. What will the feeling towards Pardew be then? Of course I dream of 4 wins because I can hahaha

• tequilamag

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Butts and Giggs were of the same generation. It was a pretty special group and no club has brought in that many young players at the same time since and won anything. Like I said young players are rarely consistently good.
    The rest were OK but not world beaters(bar Ronaldo) and all were inconsistent which was my original point.

• mag92

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:25 PM

All those man united youngguns prove that you are wrong!

• Novocastrian66

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:29 PM

NZGeordieviaAfrica; don’t agree with that mate, we were good value for our win against Man City. We should have had a nailed on pen which would have resulted in a sending off too. I also thought we deserved to beat Liverpool.
    I don’t think we are out of the woods yet and Pardew still has lots to do to win back the majority of the fans. Credit where it is due though.

• tequilamag

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Perez def both. All transfers are a gamble. Looking back over the last 20 years probably less than half the signings we have made have been a success, It is not just an Ashley thing. Spurs blew the Bale money on lots of big signings but few made it in the PL. BR at Liverpool has spent the Suarez money and again they don`t look great yet but they may well still come good. Southampton must be pi**ing themselves with laughter