This Season Is Last Chance For This Newcastle Youngster

Newcastle United’s Sammy Ameobi is in the last year of his contract, and if he doesn’t make a big impression this season, he will follow his brother Shola out of the club next summer.

sammy ameobi spurs goal

Sammy Ameobi – last chance for Sammy this season

Sammy has so far played well for Newcastle this season, maybe the best he’s ever played for us, and his 6.55 seconds goal in the second half at Tottenham was unbelievable – and he put the ball away in style and that stunned Spurs and we were able to come away with the 2-1 win.

Sammy has played 8 times so far this season, and has said this in the Shields Gazette today:

“I want to start for Newcastle every week, so I’ve got to make the most of this opportunity and make sure I don’t slip up,”

“This season I’ve worked really hard, played Under-21 games to stay on top of my fitness, and have got my chance now.”

“I’m not going to let that go this time. I’m not a kid anymore, and I realise that.” “It’s one thing being told you have all this talent, but I’m at an age when I have to produce it.”

Sammy is absolutely right about what he says, and it’s by no means a certainty that he will get a new contract on Tyneside.

The big challenge for Sammy is to be consistent, and we expect the 22 year-old to be in the starting line-up on Sunday at West Brom, and it will be another chance for the winger to show what he can do for Newcastle.

With the two week International break coming, we are hoping we can make it five wins on the trot,  and move up the Premier league from the 12th position we are now in.

West Brom have the same number of points at 13 after 10 games, so only a win will take us above the Baggies.

We’re hoping for another win on Sunday, and that Sammy has another good game for us.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• martoon

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Quiet on the blog this afternoon!
    I think what will really help Sammy is the fact that he’s not in the shadow of his older brother anymore.

• goommy

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Don’t ever let him go. He just need more experience and games to become our regular first team player. If we got both Aaron and Sammy we don’t have to buy new Left winger anymore.

• Reyantoon

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:29 PM

The problem on Sammy is that he is not consistent .
    when he is in mood,he looks world beater,when he is off,he look unambitious and reckless. But on all of that,he looked promising so far and should stay and get a new deal.Even if he can’t make the first eleven consistently, he will be good back up.

• Reyantoon

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:44 PM

1949BH
    I don’t know about his numerical statistics but it doesn’t mean anything does it?It is just numbers, doesn’t show the exact quality of who u are and how u play.yesterday is history,tomorrow is a new day to shine right, so he will be more motivated to come after seeing what cab do for us.Esp in France colors
    he look exactly like pirlo the way he takes free kicks,corners,killer passes,Long range shots etc etc…
    I will extremely get disappointed if we lose out his signature. I don’t think he is injury prone,he just unlucky to have long term sidelines.Trust me,he’ll cost around £30m in two years time.
    You mentioned good points too..

• mag92

Nov 6, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Sammy is a much better player than Wilfried Zaha, who cost 15 million!

• Go toon gooooo

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Nobody sees in Ameobi Sammy striker.But that is wrong.You can’t force him to be a winger when he can’t be good at that position.The same like Anita can’t be DM but I’m sure he will be our best right back.He has speed and technique and physique for that position.Anita is talented but can’t be good goalkeeper,DM or so.

• jimmysmith

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:11 PM

He still gives the ball away too much to be a regular, but he is definitely getting behind the ball more and contributing more defensively than in the past, and very much part of an attacking unit, and a genuine individual threat in the final third, and he’s 6-5, fast, strong, skillful and still filling out. I’d be amazed if he wasn’t given another contract. What’s the alternative, release him?

• santonthenewmaldini

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:11 PM

@Go Toon go

I agree I think Sammy is tailor to made to be a striker has everything in his locker to terrorise defenders like a Geordie Adebayor in every way (even being lazy part!!)

I see Cabella and a few of our English players not picked for the following internationals GOOD!!! Tired of our players coming back injured from international duty injured at least they can get some rest so we can come out flying against QPR !

• 70TWO

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Super sharp Sammy shooting seven second shots!

• Go toon gooooo

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:48 PM

santonthenewmaldini

Adebayor scored head goal against us in such an easy way.Coloccini can’t jump with him.And imagine the same with Sammy.Head assists,head goals,good sprint in open space(like goal scored against Tottenham)and talent for passing with feet.In one word he can be excellent striker.Wingers need to know how to CROSS,how to turn FAST,a little space for their actions.That is something that Ameobi does not possess.The prove for that was last game and surely every other game if he plays as a winger.
    About injuries after internationals-last year we were nearly relegation because of that problem.I think Cabaye and Remy or Debuchy were the victims.What a TRIO.