Newcastle Bid For Young Midfielder Turned Down

The Daily Star is reporting today that Newcastle United are one of the clubs keeping tabs on 18 year-old Ilkeston midfielder Che Adams.

che adams

Che Adams – bid turned down for young striker

And if the Daily Star report is to be believed then Newcastle have already made a bid for the player, which was turned down.

Burnley, Southampton and Sunderland are three other Premier League clubs who are watching the youngster, but the news is that Newcastle are now hoping to sign Adams in the January transfer window.

Che has put in some excellent performances for the Northern Premier League side this season, after breaking into the first team last season.

Newcastle have a new policy of recruiting more from the local area on Tyneside, but of course that doesn’t mean we will not pick up top talent from other parts of the country – which seems to be the case with Che.

Newcastle signed Rolando Aarons from Bristol City just over a couple of years ago,  and the 18 year-old is now coming through into the first team on Tyneside.

Ilkeston play in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier Division and Newcastle scouts have identified this lad as one for the future at Newcastle.

And since Che’s contract runs out next summer, Newcastle will want to sign him at that time, but are more likely to try to get him in during the January transfer window for a reasonable fee.

If the two clubs cannot agree on the fee it usually goes to a tribunal.

Here is the piece on the Ilkeston FC web-site about the youngster:

12. Che Adams
Midfielder
Born Leicester – July 13, 1996
Another of last season’s success stories in the youth team, he powered his way into the senior side and never looked out of place. His whole-hearted displays made him a firm favorite with supporters.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• scout

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Wake up……. people

• santonthenewmaldini

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Its actually quite pleasing if we are looking at the lower leagues for young players as a lot of gems get signed from there who work out well

Very happy for us to keep signing Dutch, Spanish and French players but we do need a British core as well all the top teams in every league have a core set of players from their country

I have to admit in my time as a Toon fan since the early 90s I have never seen us have a youth system that brings through young players and give them a game , have them out on loan etc its actually quite exciting to see the young ones come in and do well

Hope we keep Abeid , Perez and Sammy to start today

• geordie157

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Assuming riviere and aarons are fit. I’d like to see a front three of, riviere, Perez and aarons.

If Aarons isn’t fit, give cabella a start.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Chris – previous post re translation of Mbiwa interview.
    An excellent and “true” translation of what Mbiwa actually said. Thank you. Your suggestion that whoever did the original translation was incompetent may be true -but I would also add that whoever inserted the word “real” football instead of what was actually said -(only) football was clearly being a bit naughty and being a bit of a rascal.
    As a budding French student I was also intrigued by Mbiwas’ use of the pluperfect tense when he described when he (had) got lost at Newcastle – off the top of my head -“je m’etais perdu”. in the same sentence he said there were too many clouds (was he being idiomatic here – I’m sure he wasn’t describing the local weather -is there a French idiom about too many clouds).
    Anyway I always understood that the use of the pluperfect tense was normally used when another (associated)event had been stated or implied and had been completed. I see no such associations in his statement. I can only assume that the possible event that had been completed was that he had been Pardewed. Comments upon my thoughts/understandings will be welcomed.

• toonincheek

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:02 AM

It’s often the way things are said, in English, that gives a clue to true meaning.
    No doubt it is the same with French.
    I think it would take more than a “budding French student” to interpret such nuances.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:07 AM

toonincheek – no need to being a bit bitchy.

• expatmag

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:10 AM

TUFF

Fcusk sake mate……boringgggggggg

Get yourself off to the ladies wrestling for some enlightenment…..lol

• toonincheek

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM

uff –

Certainly wasn’t meant that way – apologies if that’s the way it came over.
    You did ask for comments!
    I just think you are reading too much into the translation.
    And I certainly don’t want to get involved in a discussion on the pluperfect.

• lesh

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Mister Tuff,

You never cease to amaze and blog readers’ll be delighted to see that we have a scholar in our midst!

😉

• Mister Tuff

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:16 AM

expat – morning/evening -what the time there it’s 10.12am here. What you doing knocking around at this time -ah huffy bed again.
    Not a boring post at all -remember the Ian Toon mantra of the BBC test about being informative and educational when posting -or trying to be.

• lesh

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:19 AM

And…. Why don’t we make a realistic bid for this kid and begin a conversation with him and Ilkeston to get him signed up before he’s snapped up by another club.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:19 AM

toonincheek – apologies then.

• expatmag

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:30 AM

TUFF

9.25PM down here in the colonies, cobber.

Spent a nice sunny day with the missus kid and pooch and then dinner al fresco. Nice bottle of plonk too.

Thinking about staying up to watch at least the first half tonight (KO 1.30am) but after having stayed up till 1.30am this morning watching Chelsea continue their march unopposed to the title, I might give it a miss especially as I think we will lose 0-1.

• geordie157

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Good to see streete is getting some regular football now, his progress has been hindered by injuries but he can still come good.

Which reminds me, when is Curtis good back?

• lesh

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Whoops!

Correction:

…..that we have a [yet another] scholar in our midst!

We don’t want to offend the other scholars in our midst now do we!

• Mister Tuff

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:41 AM

expat -Mmmm -switching clubs -now a Chelsea fan.
    You mentioned you had a dog -interesting. We’ve just had a fortnight of looking after one of the daughters American bulldogs -big powerful breed -she’s recently had pups so had her to build her weight back up.
    What breed of dog do you have. Knowing you I think it will be either be a Chihuahua or a toy poodle named Trixie -complete with pink ribbons. Nice!

• Ancientcoptic

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Gouffran will be back in the team today. I was reading he scored 2 goals in the last 3 games against West Brom. I also think Pardew will want to continue using Aarons as a sub for now.

I have no problem with Gouffran coming back into the team, I am under the impression he will play much better after being dropped… he should have been rotated long ago, as many others have pointed out.

• tequilamag

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Good morning Mr Tuff , Expat, Lesh. Mr T I would have thought a cross between a Bull terrier and and A Shitzu would be the perfect dog for you.

• NUFCJackW

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:57 AM

colback, sammy, ryan taylor, steven taylor, aarons, dummet, armstrong.

All of these players have been involved this season whether it was in the cup or the league. That is seven british players which is a lot more then we used to play. its good to see us use british players for a change…

• expatmag

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Tequila…morning mate….tuff is a breed of his own….lol

TUFF…..a border collie called Shearer mate. I dont recall switching allegiances but there again, you always did live in your own little world of fantasies.

• NUFCJackW

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:59 AM

awkward moment when expatmag laughs at his own comment… 😉

• NUFCJackW

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:02 AM

So, whats your lots score prediction today with goalscorers (if any). ?

• expatmag

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Jack

I am generally a cheerful bloke mate.

As for the score, historically we always seem to manage to bollox things up when on a good run and I am expecting the same thing today.

1-0 to WBA…..Anichibe to get the winner

• NUFCJackW

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:07 AM

my prediction a very boring 1-0 win. Perez to score in the 83rd minute. Lets avvvv itttt!!!

• Mister Tuff

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:09 AM

tequila – that was not very funny at all. It is often stated that some owners end up looking like their hounds or emulating them.
    Do you have a dog – let me guess -is it a COCKer spaniel?

• NUFCJackW

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:09 AM

expatmag

i know i know mate, it was just, banter. :D.

As for the prediction, you could be right mate, its going to be a boring match anyway…

• expatmag

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:11 AM

TUFF looks like a Pug.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I will be disappointed if Perez doesn’t start.

• expatmag

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Jack

I remember when we played them last season away. We were on a bit of a role. They had sacked their manager and the caretaker had overseen several defeats.

So we lose 0-1 to a late penalty and debuchy got sent off, if I remember correctly.

They are a lot better this time round.

• tequilamag

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Mister T, it`s very early. It was the best I could manage.
    My dog is Bull terrier Greyhound cross over a whippet. Google Egyptian Pharaoh hound and she looks pretty much like that.

• NUFCJackW

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Jail

I know, i have this horrible feeling that Pardew will go back to 4-2-3-1 due to current injuries with riviere and gouffran back in. And as riviere proved, he cant play in that role. Perez has done enough to warrent a start in this game though.

• expatmag

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:15 AM

JFA

With all the injuries, Pardew may gave to start him.

• JamesToon

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:16 AM

4-0 win come on lads.

really want to see a front 3 today of cabella-ayoze-ameobi

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Jack
    7-0 sees us sixth

• Mister Tuff

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:16 AM

expat – so you’re going for a 1 -0 defeat. Very difficult game to call. I’m going to go against my instincts and say a victory. Although young Perez is a lightweight -he keeps plugging away despite getting battered – but he’s quick and has the football brain so he might prod one in at close range. So I’m going for King Percy to continue the run 1-0 or 2 -0 to the Toon.

• NUFCJackW

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Expat

We have always been unlucky with our games sometimes. especially when a new anager comes in… i.e, Ole gunnar solskjaer, Neil Warnock etc…

We should win them today though, but as you say… we always seem to shoot ourselves in the foot…

• Novocastrian66

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM

1-1 for me today.

• NUFCJackW

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:20 AM

jail

we arent capable of beating any team 7-0. I would take a 1-0 win but i would rather we smashed them 4-0. not gonna happen though.

• tequilamag

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Both teams have almost identical records and both on a good run of form at the moment. My betting instincts say a draw but it is very difficult to call.

• NUFCJackW

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:23 AM

my son predicts a 5-2 win. Maybe i filled his head with to much optimism.