Jonas – Alive Again – More Alive Than I’ve Been My Whole Entire Life

Cancer survivors often feel their life has been vastly improved when they have been successful in fighting cancer, which is a scare for anybody, but the experience can surprisingly turn out to be a very positive in the whole scheme of things.

jonas gutierrez tatto 1

Jonas Gutierrez and his new tattoo

Newcastle United midfielder Jonas Gutierrez recently got the all clear from the testicular cancer he has been fighting,  and last  Thursday night in Buenos Aries he was named the Personality of the Year by the Buenos Aries legislature.

The 31 year-old is in training in Argentina at the moment, and he is due to return to Newcastle early next month.

And Jonas has just had a tattoo engraved on his inside upper right arm, which features a lyric from the 2010 Eminem song No Love:

“I’m alive again. More alive than I had been in my whole entire life. 03-11-14”

The date is important 0 because it’s the date when he got the news that he had beaten cancer.

jonas gutierrez tatto 2

Jonas showing off the tattoo

Jonas seems a new man, and we cannot wait for him to return to Newcastle next month, and play again for Newcastle United.

We wouldn’t be surprised if we see a new player in those famous black and white stripes once he returns.

Comments welcome.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• cyprus

Nov 16, 2014 at 8:01 AM

On Grenier:

Ed, Ed,
    You know why I worry when you mention this player? That you inadvertently may slip up and mention the word ‘Cabaye’, hence losing our little bet to not write it for a whole month… You have to let go, man. He’s gone and we want better…

So, did you slip up in the above article?

• cyprus

Nov 16, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Jonas,
    You were my hero but now you are a super hero!
    Welcome back dude. I look forward to seeing you in a Newcastle shirt once more.

• sing in the corner

Nov 16, 2014 at 8:36 AM

There is loads of room for sentimentality here. Get him fit and on the bench, a cameo role at least in a toon home game when the time is right or if he comes up ok in training. If not, a parade / wave before kick off. Another lift for him, the fans…the roof will come off.

• Sav

Nov 16, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I k now it is a tough game with no room for sentiment or passengers but is ours the only club where there would be no fragment of a satisfactory explanation to the strange exile of Jonas prior to his diagnosis with cancer?

• lesh

Nov 16, 2014 at 10:45 AM

cyprus

Ed’s references to Cabaye’s non-replacement can act as an on-going reminder to the Club that fans haven’t and won’t forget until they do replace him!

😉

• lesh

Nov 16, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Cyprus, apologies for my lack of manners in my last post -hárika.

• lesh

Nov 16, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Sav

Why’ve you presumed that Jonas and the Club might have been aware of the possibility of Cancer before Jonas’ news became public?

Give them a break man, the Club’s handled this with great sensitivity and dignity out of respect for Jonas and his family.

• Roger

Nov 16, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Jonas is back and he will play again for Newcastle.
    And all this damned f****g “fans” who don`t like
    him, please go to hell.
    This is what most of the fans think about Jonas.
    We will see him again on the bench.

• Roger

Nov 16, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I will see Jonas playing again for Newcastle United.
    And all this damned “fans”, who don`t like this,
    please go to hell.
    Most of the real fans, think like this.
    JONAS is a HERO. WE LOVE HIM.

• davis_toons

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:40 AM

For me really depends on pardew and the other coaching staffs on the training ground. They will know if Jonas still have something different to offer.

I think he does have something to offer.
    Not for full and every kind of games thou.