Here’s One Target Who’s Not Coming To Newcastle

18 year-old Ilkeston winger Che Adams has signed for Sheffield United, after a number of Premier League clubs, including Newcastle had registered an interest in the player.

che adams

Che Adams – signs on at Sheffield United

Che was signed for an undisclosed fee, and we suppose Newcastle just didn’t think it was worth taking a (small) chance on the forward, who has been in the goals this season.

For around £100K, we thought Newcastle had nothing to lose, but these types of young promising players are always available, and the key is to pick those that will come through big time, and that’s never easy.

Choosing those that will be ultimately be successful is a good measure of any scout.

Ilkeston manager Kevin Wilson seems to be glad all the hype is over and his 18 year-old protegé has finally moved on:

“It’s a relief that it has finally been sorted, because there’s no doubt that all the activity and speculation has been a disruptive influence around the place.

“But I’m absolutely delighted and we all wish him well in his future.”

Sheffield United are currently in the third tier of English football in Sky Bet League One, and are now managed by Nigel Clough.

They are in 5th place in the league table at the moment and in a play-off position.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• TomTheToon

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:33 AM

If he was 16 I think Newcastle may have taken a chance on him. With Armstrong, Perez, Campbell all with years ahead of them, the club obviously thought Adams was not worth putting money into. He looks a good finisher on YouTube videos but also looks very raw

• Go toon gooooo

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Scarry.

• Graeme

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Ed, you know we can’t compete with financial powerhouses like Sheffield for goodness sake lol

• martoon

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:08 AM

I hope for his sake he is not mistaken for Ched Evans 🙂

• beermonkey

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:21 AM

martoon

don’t mention ched evans he is available on a free and we all know Ashley likes a bargain and loves a bit of free press good or bad

• martoon

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:31 AM

beermonkey – good point – many a word spoken in jest……………..

• mindshaft

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I’m more worried about our lengthening injury list than missing out on this kid.

QPR is going to be tough with Willo and Dummett as a new CB pairing, we’re already missing most of our speed in Obertan and Aarons
    Sameobi can only last 60 mins and Cabella needs to be central rather than stuck on a wing

• beermonkey

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:37 AM

martoon

I am waiting for the article to appear

• beermonkey

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:42 AM

mindshaft

I think if we keep our new found work ethic and we can keep Austin out the game we got a good chance of getting 1 or 3 points
    I don’t think any1 knows the injury status of colo and taylor for real apart from an article in the mirror

but we did recall streete so all is not right

• mag92

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Keep Anita and Williamson, out of the team and it’s another 3 points against Qpr!

• Menelauos

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:19 PM

@Mag92 I doubt we can keep Willo outbid these injuries are correct. But I agree about Anita. Too weak too small. Not good enough for our bench.

• Menelauos

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Out if *

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM

physioroom.com
    website has 11 toon players on the injury list and that both Taylor and Colocini are out until December 13th. – Arsenal game
    Bloody good time to have so many injuries when the next three games are winnable could be tough now with a weakened squad and the three teams we are playing have only a couple of players missing
    At least we are joint top of one premiership table.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:32 PM

i hope we don’t get any more injuries, i think we can manage it for a minute.

• beermonkey

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:39 PM

will tiote be fit for qpr

• martoon

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:47 PM

The club do some strange things but surely allowing Colo to go on a jolly to Argentina when he needed treatment would be absurd. He may miss some games but surely immediate, intensive treatment would have got him back to full fitness sooner.

• optimistic prime

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Beer

Tiote is meant to be fit and training, I’ve just read it in a article somewhere but can’t find it now.
    We won’t find out for sure until our pre match patter from Pardew.

What we where discussing the other day.

• dazzler

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:53 PM

I get the feeling Tiote will get a new ‘injury’. Seems like he’s being wrapped in cotton wool ahead of a move in January. And Colo does what he wants it would seem, but I feel like he’ll be fit for QPR otherwise we would have heard something by now.

• Graeme

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Martoon, the same thing has happened with Collo in the last 2 years – as soon as it was announced he had been brought off in the last game because of injury, it was followed by news of his visit to Argentina!!!

How can NUFC allow him to do this, consistantly?? If he is suffering from a muscle tear, as reported, the last place he needs to be is stuck in an aircraft on his way to Argentina – he should have been on the physio table the following morning while a full diagnosis was carried out, followed up with all the treatment he needs to promote recovery.

It beggars belief to be honest.

• Reyantoon

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:35 PM

OK! I don’t want to get in to this,but I have to clear up some things:
    I just read BandB’s comments from last night
    First of all,obviously,he got in to something he didn’t belong.As I understand it,he was upset and moaning because he lost in touch with his regular entertainers like Ibizatoon,bills son,etc…
    to debate and express his thoughts.unfotunately,they didn’t hit back.Now,he might find himself alone to chat with, that’s why he was moaning and bubbles yesterday.
    Last night,as I read it,he came from nowhere and disrupted the blog with no point and reason.Instead of supplying peace to the blog
    as Mr T(blog traffic) usually does I suppose,he did terrible job by leading the blog to chaos b/c he came up with no point at all.I am sure OTHERS can read and judge.I suspect he is a biter..I was upset on the “blog trafficker” though as to why he kept quiet on him..WTF!
    Meanwhile, in case if u want to know(BandB),I have no issue with Jail.I was joking when I say Jail likes Pardew(i don’t know how to joke BTW,I’m sure jail knows that).Infact,I don’t care whether he likes him or not,or supports him or not.It’s up to him as a fan.But he makes baiased comments on him & bubbles sometimes .Besides his ideas and approach towards football doesn’t convince me usually,so I pass it mostly because that is his thought and I understand that as a fan.
    I am sure,now,you get the point..
    On welshy, as I see it lately,he is honest fan tries to entertain people with jokes.If u don’t like his posts, just jump it,as most do in here.
    Sometimes when people gets bored talking FB,esp in this blog,nothing is wrong if we entertain with something else personally.
    But u have to remember that,he is straight and honest talker as far as I can tell,as sometimes, u have to look people from inside,not outside!

Good day lads!!

• lesh

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Graeme

Even Pardew’s acknowledged that the Sheffield teams up up their with the Citehs,Chelskis of the world.

Pathetic and short sighted.

But on matters closer to home, let’s hope we get Rolando and Armstrong tied up before their heads are turned and they’re off!

• beermonkey

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:40 PM

prime

the problem is the recall of streete after he agreed to extend his loan till jan

on colo the blokes been around long enough to know how look after knocks and stuff so I don’t mind him going off to his homeland it seems this break he always goes home
    not sure if his family is still out there
    but an injury this time of year looks to coming habit forming
    the plus side is we haven’t taken a chance and recalled streete so he can at least train and prepair with the first team

we all saw this situation coming given taylor and colo’s recent injury records

• optimistic prime

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Beer

I agree on Streete, funny thing is I don’t think he’s even played for first team yet so recalling him looks a tad desperate.