Remie Streete Has Been Outstanding At Port Vale

20 year-old Remie Streete has been recalled from his loan spell at Port Vale because of Newcastle’s injury problems with Fab Coloccini and Steven Taylor,  but Remie has hinted that he may be able to return to the Valiants soon.

Remie Streete   +Sheffield+Wednesday+v+Newcastle+m8QFTySjcKhl

Remie Streete in action at Sheffield Wednesday in pre-season

In the Stoke Sentinel a source close to Streete said the South Shields born player was enjoying his spell with Port Vale, and that he is keen to return to the club if Newcastle’s injuries clear up.

We should hear more about Newcastle’s injury situation in the next day or two, and in particular the prognosis on Newcastle’s Argentine International center-back Fab Coloccini..

Remie played full games for Port Vale in the 2-1 win at Colchester and the 3-4 FA Cup defeat to MK Dons, and that was after he had come on at half time to make his debut in the 3-0 home win over Leyton Orient.

But a loan deal would need to be negotiated and finalized before a week on Thursday (27th November) when the window for signing players on loan slams shut.

Streete has recently tweeted his support for the Valiants:

“Great win for @OfficialPVFC against Rochdale on Sat. Hope the lads keep up the good work, may be back soon.”

Vale boss Rob Page is disappointed he has lost Remie Streete  – at least for the time bring – but he has said he fully understands Alan Pardew’s position at Newcastle:

“I would do exactly the same. As frustrated as I am, and I would love Remie to stay, I understand Alan Pardew has a job to do as well.”

“We are borrowing his player and helping develop him. He has been outstanding for us, so I can see why he has called him back.”

Port Vale are currently in 12th place in League One with 22 points from 17 games, and just 5 points out of a play-off position.

It would be good for Remie to spend even the rest of the season on loan at Port Vale – if that works out for both parties, and we’ve seen players like Mehdi Abeid and Paul Dummett improve immensely, when they have gone out on loan and played first team games consistently.

It’s good for their development and good for their confidence too, and Remie has always been highly rated at Newcastle – and maybe this season is when he can show what he can do out on loan at the Valiants.

Sounds good to us.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• jayphoto

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Shame Streete has had his development halted through injuries! Think he has a chance to make it! Plays akin to rio ferdinand, good with the ball, brings it out of defense and plays a pass! Satka another with so much potential!
    Still think Goode if he ever plays again will be a very solid premier league player! Was excellent in scotland and played well against strong opposition for australia

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Confirmed Coloccini out for 3 weeks at least.

• optimistic prime

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:55 AM

This story gets stranger.
    We call him back during international break and possibly might send him back in a week or so, dont understand why.

On Conor Whickham, I was out Sunday with a few pals a cpl of which are SMBs lol. We talked about Whickham at length and the 3 Sunderland lads all said they’d prefer Altidore in the team as Whickham is uninterested and *****, none of the 3 rate him at all.

He seems to be playing out on the left which doesn’t suit him so he doesn’t want to know, and although he kept them up last year not one had a good word to say about him as a player.

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Boy…are we going to regret letting Mbiwa go. Well done Ashley/Pardew…..fcuked us up again

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:58 AM

OP

I bet they werent saying that last season when his goals got them out the shit.

• optimistic prime

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Expat

It didn’t take a rocket scientist to work out we had injury problems.
    Myself and Beer said soon as Streete was recalled we had trouble but we where called moaners or pessamistic 😉

So is colo recovering inArgentina by any chance?

• optimistic prime

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Expat

They didn’t rate him then but when he knocked a few in he wasn’t as 5hit lol

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:02 PM

OP

Seems that way. Probably getting treatment from those world reknowned medical men at San Lorenzo whilst getting his bi-annual shag off his alienated missus.

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Whats the vetting our centre backs against Chelsea will be Dummett and Streete….lol

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Betting

• optimistic prime

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I don rate Colo as a player or a person, this reeks of a pre planned jolly to see his family. I’m sure he could afford to fly them over here.

Can’t wait for him to be out of our club for good!

Captain? I wouldn’t let him clean the toilets, shady git!

I know I know people don’t Rate M’biwa but I’m telling you all Pardew backed the wrong CB and we’re stuck with a captain who’s average at best and couldn’t care less. Yet we’ve sent one on loan who has much more to offer but we needed rid to save our manager and captains blushes.
    Disgraceful

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I’m not sure why Colo always gets knocked for going back to Argentina. It is the club that put it in there agreements. Same with Cabaye, and HBA. Debuchy had the same as well. It is one of the so called carrots that we (used to?) dangle in foreign players faces. Facilities for medical treatment in BA will be pretty good, so treatment over there shouldn’t be an issue.

I don’t remember HBA getting so much stick every time he picked u a knock and jetted off to recover at Clairefontaine.

As for Streete, I’d be more than happy to see him given a chance in the side. The only worry being the lack of experience to partner him, given Dummett is probably a nailed on starter there.

Wickham may not be popular with mackems, and he may be a %@^$ but from what I have heard Gignac isn’t exactly a down to earth bloke, and is hardly the top drawer striker that his wage demands claim he is. Would prefer Wickham to Gignac, but would prefer Arma to be given a chance before either.

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:13 PM

He he….Japan motoring along again Oz winning 2-1 especially with Honda and Toyota in midfield….I kid you not.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:15 PM

OP,
    Colo has done well last few games. Prior to this probably brief recovery he was in rapid decline, and I don’t think many would have argued against replacing him. Mbiwa still doesn’t look particularly solid in what is a very average Italian league nowadays. He has done okay, but nothing to suggest he is a star in the making.

The only problem I have with Mbiwa going is that there was no new arrival to replace him.

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:16 PM

I am pretty sure they had Kawasaki on the bench

• santonthenewmaldini

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:17 PM

@Lilongwe

Its because HBA was the golden boy who could do no wrong !

So Pardew admits they are pushing players hard in training what about practising more passing Pards? Players wont be as knackered if we have 60% possession as opposed to 40%!

We better not let QPR have all the possession as they will just launch it in the box and let the 2 strikers attack which not sure if Streete would like that in his first game

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Lil

It is all becoming a bit of a lottery to be honest and I am rapidly losing interest in this bloody soap opera club of ours

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Expat,
    Becoming?? 😉

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Expat,
    Did Troisi play?

• beermonkey

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:22 PM

prime

pardew has some decisions over our defence taylor we get 5 good games injury then it takes him an age to regain any form willo limited player wrong side of 30
    colo 33 slow still can play but injury or holiday prone not sure what.
    next season is our centre back pairing going to Lascelles and dummett
    with santon and hadiara at left back it seems natural to put dummett in the centre if that’s the case after xmas he needs to be first choice there till the end of the year

• Graeme

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Lilongwe

Getting to Clairfontaine takes under 2 hours by private jet; Agentina, on a commercial flight is 8+.

In France, the player can be monitored very easily, visiting him is no problem – the same cannot be said if the player is 6000 miles away!!

It is highly doubtful that Colo was extensively examined after he was brought off injured – he was on a flight out the same evening if reports are accurate; he was certainly out of the UK the following morning.

Given that CB is a well known weakness, how can NUFC possibly condone our Captain and “All round Superhero” being allowed to depart in the circumstances??

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Lil

Yes. He tried hard in a very good and even first half but was basically ineffective and once Japan changed their formation at the start of the 2nd half, they got on top and JT basically disappeared until subbed on 65 mins.

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Graeme….8 hours to Buenos Aires?

What are you flying?….Apollo 11?…..lol

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Graeme,
    Because that is what the club agreed to when signing him. With technology available these days there won’t be any issues with assessing his injury through an outside doctor that is probably well known to the club after however many years.

It will be exactly the same way that they monitored HBA. You think that they flew someone out by private jet to check up on him regularly, or do you think they would rely on the reports of the medical staff there?

He went back to Argentina for treatment prior to his ‘homesickness’ and attempts to leave the club, but nobody seemed to bat an eyelid then. The issue now is more down to conspiracy theories rather than the actual going back to Argentina for treatment.

As for the weakness in the centre back area, again that is down to the club not Colo.

• optimistic prime

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Lil

I wasn’t happy with either going back to France but France is only 2hrs away and easier to keep track on our players with having various staff in the area.

Colo has been garbage for over a year and a little bit extra effort in a handful of games just before his jollies doesn’t wash with me. Just looks like he wanted to leave on a high note.

M’biwa could improve colo has been in rapid decline for a while with the odd performance thrown in, what really annoys me is he’ll come back and even if our CBS are performing well they’ll still be dropped for that useless clown.

If he wants to see his family he can afford to bring them over, the club and team shouldn’t suffer for his transgressions!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Expat,
    Fair enough, I liked the lad when he was with us. Always looked a decent player whenever I saw him. Does he still belong to Juve/Atlanta? Haven’t seen him listed as playing for them at al, so I presume he has left or has gone out on loan again.

• beermonkey

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:35 PM

don’t all French players that have played for any of the international teams goto that clairfontain its so they know all there medical problems and stuff also stops them dodging meaningless friendlies when the club don’t want them to go

• optimistic prime

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Beer

It’s about time we did something to our defence 5yrs we’ve struggled with same dink CBS.

Dummet has to play IMO with one other who that will be is a mystery and I agree keep him in there rest of year and let the others fight for a place.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Optimistic,
    As I said to Graeme, with technology nowadays then the distance is largely irrelevant. Plus we supposedly have staff in Latin America, so they can always check in on him.

I fully agree that it is a ludicrous situation to allow multi million pound assets to be treated and recover outside of the club. They should be treated at the club, particularly s we supposedly have one of the best medical teams in UK pro sport. It is a nonsense they aren’t treated in house. But it is what it is and that was the clubs offer to these players, and I don’t agree with Colo getting more stick then the others for it.

On him coming straight back in, I have no doubt he will be immediately reinstated. Looking at our other options this season, I’m not sure it is a bad thing. Saylor and Willo are okay, but prone to the odd error, Dummet has done okay so far, who knows how Streete/Satka may get on. Colo is, and this is more of a damning statement about the squad then anything else, probably still the best of a average to poor bunch.

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Lil

Yes. He still belongs to the italians but he is out on loan again with a team in Belgium.

Last year, he cane back to Oz on loan ans played the season with Melbourne Victory and did well. He scored something like 12 goals from midfield.

• optimistic prime

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Lil

I can’t remember Colo going back to Argentina until he got caught with his pants down, he may of but I can’t remember and if he did it wasn’t in middle of season. Maybe wrong but as I said can’t rember it.

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Ok guys. Time for bed. Goodnight

• beermonkey

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:47 PM

prime

dunno how true it is colo with his pants down but when his misses went back and left him here he was goin back all the time he could and wanted out I would imagine a deal was struck 2 weeks international break and 2 weeks injury leave if he stayed wasn’t Ashley involved in keeping him here

• optimistic prime

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Lil

The last line is bang on.

I’m more knarked as I think he’s useless has been most of his time here but is regarded as a great CB which IMO he certainly isn’t and has never been.

It probably gets to me because even though Willo and Taylor aren’t that good either they’d walk through fire to get in the team and Colo has very little Intrest in club or team.

How longs he been here? I think I’ve only heard him speak English once. I don’t see him encouraging or organising players on the pitch. As a CB or Capt I’d give him 3 out of 10 at best but he’s as untouchable as his manager.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:58 PM

OP,
    He went back to Argentina for a few weeks during Championship season, and then I think, although not 100% on this, he was away briefly the following year as well. Just wasn’t big news then as he hadn’t spat his dummy out over a return.

I’m all for fair criticism when deserved, I just don’t think his return for treatment is deserved. Now, if it was uncovered that there was no injury, then fine, but that isn’t the case.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:12 PM

OP,
    He certainly isn’t a great centre back. An article in the Ronny either today or yesterday by Don Hutchinson says we should be worried about one of the big clubs taking him form us in Jan!! He is okay, has certainly had games where he has been far more than that for us, but he isn’t the top drawer centre half that he has on occasion been made out to be.

He has barely featured for his country, let alone been world class. That phrase and the word ‘legend’ are two of the most overused in football.

I’m not sure desire to play should be the be all and end all, I’d still rather see Colo in with one of the others then I would a combination of Saylor Willo and Dummet.

Maybe one window soon we will resolve the glaring issues at the back, but I won’t hold my breath.

• optimistic prime

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Lil

I understand what your saying, to me if he was injured his visit home should have been postponed.
    I can’t imagine sitting on a plane for 12hrs is any good for a muscle injury, but I’m no doctor.

As I’ve said my issue stems from his apparent lack of commitment to the club and that’s not just his visits home.

He’s like Pardew has a bit of a rep due to 5th place finish but has done very little the rest of the time.

Up until last few weeks he was weakest link in our defence yet is un droppable.

The main 3 people at the club remind me of the 3 stooges, Larry Mo and Curly, you can decide which is which 😉

One window soon?
    You still beleive in Santa Claus 😉 lol

I saw that article to, made me chuckle.
    A year of abbismal form then a handful of decent games and Don comes up with.
    Colo for top 4 team lol I don’t think even Man U are that desperate 😉

• LGFUAD21

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:34 PM

On Gignac.

I have no issues with taking on a 29 year old for a cut price or even a free transfer. And he’s been a pretty solid player for Marseille for the last few season.

But I dont see why he would move or why Marseille would be desperate to sell even with him running his contract down.

Marseille look like they could well win the title this season largely to some very dominant Gignac performances. The money they would loose on him is nothing when you consider he gives them a stab at the title.

At the same time, it is rumoured he wasnt interested in us a few years back. Why would he move in the middle of what could be the best season of his career when he himself has a shot at the title.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:35 PM

OP,
    Commitment to the club is tough though. I think if we went by people who were committed to the club over the last 4 or 5 years we would be a mid table Championship side.

Willo, Saylor, no right back, Dummett (could possibly make an argument for Santon). In midfield ………… up top…. Shola?

There is a lack of commitment to clubs throughout football. People want to push themselves to the next level, or the next pay bracket. Neither of those are here so until then we have to be happy with a Championship side, or accept players that aren’t wholly committed to our club. That is the reality for most clubs in the Prem sadly.

• Shadow_Shearer

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:46 PM

People need to stop slating our own players. We’re not a side who’s going to win the premiership. U can’t expect to have a Vincent kompany playing for us.

We look for players who give there all, 110% every game. I don’t think u can accuse willo s.taylor and dummet of not trying, these guys will throw there bodies on the line.

colo has played well in our wining streak, and b4 that u can hardly blame him for Pardew’s negative tactics or his 18 points in a full calender year.

I like the team and players we have, but I still think Pardew is not the right man for the job. There maybe worse out there, but there is certainly better aswel, that fat mike won’t employ cause he wants sum1 that sucks up to him.