Pardew – I Never Really Hit Him – But It’s Important You Don’t Hide

Alan Pardew has led a bit of a charmed life as Newcastle manager this year, and Newcastle basically collapsed in the second half of last season and picked up very few points – and even when we had our best win of the year – the 4-1 win at Hull City on March 1st – Alan Pardew still almost lost his job.

alan pardew butts david meyler

Alan Pardew leaning into David Meyler

That’s when the manager lost control of himself on the sidelines,  and softly head-butted Hull City player David Meyler, and that made negative headlines around the world for Newcastle United.

Alan immediately apologized, but Newcastle issued a statement that same night, and warned Alan Pardew as to his future conduct – and he was fined £100K by the club.

The warning was widely interpreted that if he did anything like that again – he would be fired as the Newcastle manager.

Pardew has talked about that in his interview with the Evening Standard yesterday:

“I never really hit him but it’s important when you do something wrong that you don’t hide.”  “You admit that you’ve done something wrong and you have to correct it.”

“I’ve worked with a mentor, somebody who’s helped me focus my winning mentality.” “My capacity to want to win has over-spilt in a couple of incidents and I’ve had to channel that in a better way.”

“That winning mentality will never leaves me.” “But I need to get it across on to the pitch in different ways, in a more intelligent way, in my preparation, in my concentration at half-time and full-time.”

Hopefully we will not see any more altercations on the touchline from the Newcastle manager from now on.

Over the summer Newcastle bought in some decent players,  but we still made a very poor start to the season, and the manager was again under severe pressure.

4 points from the first seven games was not good, but then some magic happened – and the whole thing has turned around – and we have won our last five games in a row. 😀

So while a lot of Newcastle fans wanted to see the Londoner fired at the start of the season, Alan is certainly a survivor – and still the Newcastle manager.

We hope the lads can keep up the winning streak for a few more games yet – and it’s great being a Newcastle fan at the moment – where the expectation is that we will win games – rather than the other way round.

Howay The Lads!!

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Thump

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:58 PM

On current:

Shut up, Alan. You tried to nut somebody and you buggered it up, just accept it you soft clart.

From last:

We’re already on the “Aarons is off” rumours, are we? Wouldn’t surprise me if he was. Fatman has probably already noticed that he seems a bit injury prone (couldn’t have anything to do with his training regime set up by a certain somebody, could it?) so he might very well cash in on him.

Worst thing? I don’t even care any more. If he goes, he goes. Youngsters aren’t there to benefit the first team, they’re there to benefit the bottom line.

• beermonkey

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM

why is this being bought up again

• mag92

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:03 PM

All this hysteria about a boy called Arrons and he’s not going anywhere soon!

• Mister Tuff

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:06 PM

beer – it’s because King Perc brought it up in his recent interview with the London Evening Standard paper.
    Additionally, after examining what King Percy says – I think we can now comfortably agree that his encounter with Meyler was purely/solely because of the Kings’ winning mentality with arose during the match and absolutely nothing to do with him being a thug.

• mag92

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Pardews winning mentality, has never left him. Gold!

• Reyantoon

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Lil
    Good to see u entertaining and I’d like to tell that u r one of decent entertainer in this blog!

On cisse, I don’t hate him as a player, but I see his presence and quality differently. First he may go to AFCON every season or two,which may affect our progress massively.Second, I know there r better young options out there. But I based my view in the upcoming Jan transfer.Obviously we may not get our top targets in the middle of a season. But a player like Gignac is available in a cut price deal bcoz he will be free agent at end of season.
    If u look at the stats,cisse has one good season,where as,Gignac has at least two.So based on current form,Gignac is proven striker than Cisse and will be worthwhile if we able to get him..

• beermonkey

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:17 PM

mister tuff

I am sensing after a few wins the ego has returned to the man

• Belfast

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:21 PM

He’s definitely in love with himself, the poor sod.

I’ve seen very little of his wining mentality to be honest.

• Reyantoon

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:21 PM

beer @2….Good question!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Reyan,
    Cheers for the compliment. It isn’t that I think pursuing Gignac is a totally ba idea, he offers something different, which I believe is important to have in a squad, but he isn’t proven.

He may have ahad a couple of good seasons in France, but the standard is lower there. A better way to compare is to match him up with Giroud. Giroud has a far better record in the French league and was billed as a similar style to Gignac when he arrived. He has done okay, but hardly set the world alight. Take into account that Giroud gets many more chances then Gignac will here and we start to have a better idea of how Gignac will do. As I said, he will struggle to hit double figures.

Now, that would be fine for a cheap signing on reasonable wages, but according to reports we would have to make him our top earner, similar to Gomis’ demands. He is not worth that. Couple that with the fact he said he didn’t want to join us a couple of years ago.

I’d prefer us to give Arma a chance rather than sign Gignac, maybe bring someone with a bit more experience on loan until the summer to provide cover and then get a top striker, rather than go with another average player who takes up a space. That would be my take on it.

• Scottiedog

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Another Giant wooden spoon for the anti MA / Pardew brigade!!!!!!

• beermonkey

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:31 PM

reyantoon

ok all we have is his reply but if a jurno has bought it why on earth talk about

just say it was a mistake and I regret my actions and put it to bed end off
    to try and justify what happened is pretty laughable

• Mister Tuff

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:32 PM

beer – yes indeed – I reckon King Percy is currently like a plugged volcano -ready to erupt – back to his normal mode – he will just not be able to stop himself once he sees a microphone. It is just the nature of the beast.

• BeeGuy

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:37 PM

He should have done that head thing in the USA where there was a “Stand your ground law”

• mag92

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Pardew looks like he’s having a cuddle, with Meyler!

• Mister Tuff

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Talking of giant wooden spoons – I strongly suspect that the King will be scouring the restaurants and canteens in the North East -armed with a giant wooden spoon – well hidden in his inside pocket.
    Once he’s located a whimpish victim -he’ll pounce brandishing the giant spoon in the air – screaming “I’m avving that nosh ya owld cu*t”. He’ll then devour the whimps meal and disappear into the darkness – where he’ll celebrate with a nice Cuban cigar.

• Go toon gooooo

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Pardew delivered average headbutt.BUT before that headbutt,Meyler with his behavior(pushing Pardew) deserved slightly more qualitative headbutt.Today’s players does not have respect for managers who are naturally older individuals.But more aggressive guy in the situation is at fault and in this case that is Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:56 PM

It seems odd that these questions were allowed given this is almost certainly a vetted interview as part of the Bishop PR push. I can only imagine that this is meant to come across as admitting he has an issue, whereas it comes across as a touch arrogant with all this talk of his winning mentality bubbling over.

Either way, it is a redundant line of questions as the incident has been scrutinised to death. He paid his fine, served his ban and it should all be done with now.

• Tsunki

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Alan should always have a custard pie handy and throw that in the face of the offending opponent. The comedy value might just take the curse off the situation. That and the custard pie throwing 🙂

• mag92

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Pardews attempt at a headbutt, took on the look of a forward slump!

• mag92

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:09 PM

The forward slump test is used to check for a herniated disc!

• optimistic prime

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Omg did Pardew but someone?

I thought it was just another of his special greetings.

Be fair though he hasn’t got his glasses on.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM

lilo – ref the interview – I think the trick of the interview has been to replace what is probably the true issue – anger – with a more acceptable (but false) replacement issue ie desire to win etc etc.
    Hey presto -King Percy is transformed into a highly competitive sports manager from a street thug. Clearly no longer any remaining issues to be sorted.

• spitfire_

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:30 PM

There is a typo, not “winning mentality”, it’s “wiener mentality”.

• optimistic prime

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:42 PM

His winning mentallaty never left, he just couldn’t rember where he put it.

Musta found it under his ego.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:53 PM

I really wish he’d just shut up, he is so far up himself it’s unbeleivable.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:58 PM

King Percy ……………………………..OOT
    Street thugs…………………………….. OOT
    Anybody mentioning Aarons…………OOT
    Exploding cigar smokers………………OOT
    Meal thieves……………………………..OOT

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:04 PM

I used to look forward to press conferences to find out latest news, who’s fit not fit etc, the thoughts on transfers and ambitions for the season. Now I can’t bear to watch them as the silver/brown tongued lothario scratches his cheek or tweaks his nose as lie after lie pours out.

• tequilamag

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:22 PM

@28 Meal thieves? has somebody robbed Mister Tuffs meals on wheels van.

• optimistic prime

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:25 PM

JFA

How dare you!

Calling the king a liar is treason.

• mag92

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:43 PM

The hardest job is being Pardews PR man, the more he talks the worse it gets!

• mag92

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Pardews the Ed Milliband of football!

• welshgeordie9

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:49 PM

i just want to say to the ones on here that I’ve annoyed and just want to say sorry, from now on I will be quiet and just talk about football and not get in to any more silly arguements, like i said I’m very sorry and like to move on.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:56 PM

tequila @30 – do you not know about the meal stealing incident -it was the day that Percy announced himself as……………….”The KING”.after he hadscoffed the other blokes meal.

All hail King Percy.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:58 PM

For me Pardew is just an all round unlikeable person that loves himself and has no class . I wouldn’t mind if he could back it up like Mourinho but his record is below average .

You wouldn’t see Sir Bobby headbutting another player that’s for damn sure . Robson and Pardew are polar opposites .

• lesh

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:58 PM

What in hell’s name has prompted Pardew to come out with that?

The man’s mouth’s beginning to run away again – after a period of relative quiet. Has Bullshit Bishop let him off the leash? Better get him back on the case in any event.

Pardew’s his own worst enemy at times.

Will somebody in the Club, put his muzzle back on before he sets the ball rolling again!

• mag92

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Its a wonder Pardews, not the same size as Jungle Gemma Collins, pilfering another mans bait!

• lesh

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:08 PM

mag92

C’mon be fair – comparing Pardew to Milliband’s just not fair on Milliband.

Give young David a break – wouldn’t you feel pi$$ed off if you were unfavourably compared with Pardew?

Mr M deserves an apology for that. Fascist Farage yes; contraceptive-head Cameron yes; militant Milliband, never!