Can Newcastle Make It Six Wins In A Row Against QPR?

We still don’t have a full injury report from Alan Pardew, but we should get that during Alan Pardew’s press conference tomorrow for the QPR game at home on Saturday afternoon.

harry redknapp qpr

Harry Redknapp brings QPR to Newcastle on Saturday

QPR are second bottom of the league but have been playing well lately and we really unlucky at home to Liverpool and Manchester City to take only one point out of those two games.

We are hoping Cheick Tiote and Papiss Cisse will be available on Saturday, but we’re not sure what our best team will be until we see who is available.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against QPR?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• optimistic prime

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Yes, I hope for a 2-1

• CisseSomething

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:15 AM

3-1 HWTL!

• Canny in Canberra

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:46 AM

Nice to see the Win votes are more then the other two combined.
    Guess everyone feeling optimistic. Good to see!!

• Thump

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:00 AM

@Canny: I think it has less to do with it being optmistic and more to do with us simply not being able to lose this game. QPR is a team we should not only be beating, but beating comfortably.

• jayphoto

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Chances are Mehdi Abeid won’t actually be called up for Algeria! He was called up for Mali game as they had already qualified but Algeria actually have a pretty good and pretty settled squad! Don’t think hes as certain a call up as people make out! Last year he was only on the edge of the u23 squad! He’ll need more than 4 decent games fr nufc to break into that squad

• Canny in Canberra

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:22 AM

@Thump,

And how many teams exactly like that have we gone down to already this season.
    I agree we should be but since when was that ever a guarantee for us

• Canny in Canberra

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:24 AM

@Jay
    Sad for him but I guess good for us.

• Santon03

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:26 AM

Looking forward to see Satka or Streete along side Dummet.
    ———————–Krul————————-
    Janma—–Satka/Streete—–Dummet——Haidara
    ————Raylor————Collback————-
    Cabella————-Sissoko—————-Sammy
    ———————-Perez———————–

• Canny in Canberra

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:28 AM

whoops

• Brutooon

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:32 AM

Raylor for Abeid would be a good choice but got a feeling AP will bring in Anita

Williamson in for Collocini – Streete at the bench

• Canny in Canberra

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Brutoon,

Not overly fond of Anita but too much too soon for Taylor might send him back over. Pards has said how hard they are working them in training and we’ve got them dropping like flies.
    I just hope AP doesn’t get all twitchy and slip back to that defensive crap we were playing start of the seaoson.

• Canny in Canberra

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Pip

• Canny in Canberra

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:51 AM

Found the reboot button so no more randon posts

• Santon03

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Brutoon

I think you are right.
    Anita at best as LB like when he was Ajax player, looking at QPR midfield he won’t be able to handle them.

• toonincheek

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:01 AM

Welsh –

From a couple of threads ago.
    Other people on the blog cannot get you banned.
    Only Ed can do that.
    Other bloggers may draw Ed’s attention to posts but it’s Ed who decides, based on the posts.
    So – you got YOURSELF banned..

If you think other bloggers should be banned – point out their comments to Ed and see what Ed thinks.

Of course, if he thinks you are being malicious, he may ban you instead!

• Reyantoon

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:09 AM

krul

janmaat-william-s.taylor-dummet

tiote-colback

cabella-sissoko-sammy

cisse/perez

• Reyantoon

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:27 AM

So looks like ED is reading our comments according to toonincheek!….lol !

• expatmag

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:54 AM

Sammy wont be going as Nigeria failed to qualify.

Canberra….. did I really call you a mackem??????????

My sincere apologies old man. I should have called you a sunderland supporting federal public servant…….lol

Welsh

I heard the real reason you have been away is that you have been recruiting supporters for your real first love……. Cardiff City.

• expatmag

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:02 AM

My team for saturday

Krul

Janmaat Taylor Dummett Haidara

Sissoko Tiote Colback

Cabella Perez Ameobi

Subs Elliott Raylor Cisse Riviere Streete Anita Armstrong

• toonincheek

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Reyan –

Not all of them but I’m sure he will check any
    at the request of other bloggers, and make up
    his own mind as to whether or not they follow
    the blog “rules”.

• toonincheek

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:23 AM

Reyan =

That’s pretty close to my team.
    I would be tempted to play Raylor instead
    of Tiote for a bit more creativity and dead
    ball situations.

• expatmag

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Toon

If Tiote is fit, we will need to have his strength and power as I would expect them to have the likes of Henry Fer and Barton playing. I dont expect them to play both Austin and Zamora up front away from home.

So I would think they will opt for 451 with Austin the lone striker. To combat that, we should stick to 433 with our central 3 of Tiote Colback and Sissoko more powerful and creative than their middle 3.

I would keep our pace of 3 up front as their defence is slow and cumbersome and we should force their full backs back for most of the game.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:43 AM

Jay,
    African media are fairly certain that Abeid will be called up, even if he loses his spot to Tiote they still fully expect him to be in the squad. Cisse, Tiote and Abeid will be in Equatorial Guinea I reckon, fitness allowing.

As for it being reckless and selfish of CAF, the only issue I have is the fact they are using Equatorial Guinea, a nation that has horrendous human rights problems, and despite having the highest African GDP per capita, the majority of the population still don’t match the MDG goals of $1 a day.

No cases of Ebola, nobody who has been to any country affected by Ebola will be permitted a visa, plus they are flying over 50 Cuban doctors to help out. There are more transport links going to Europe and the US from West Africa then there are to Equatorial Guinea. Ignorance seems to be a lot of peoples friend on this whole issue.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:46 AM

Expat,
    I think Candle face may surprise you. I reckon he will look at the fitness issues we have at the back and go for the jugular. Lets face it, there defence is awful, so they don’t really have any option other than to try and win the game and put us under pressure.

We need to be careful what set pieces we give away in dangerous positions. They have some big lads, and we have all witnessed Barton plant a set piece on a big lad before.

• Reyantoon

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:47 AM

toonincheek
    QPR have v.good MFRS like Leroy Fer,Sandro, Barton etc…capable of dominating any opponent players if they play well.So to cop with such strong players,we need a player like Tiote to charge them and block their attempt to shot or dominate the MF.Rtaylor might be good to boost our set piece situation but may not cop with pace and physical strength of the mentioned mfdrs. Perhaps should get game time later in the 2nd HF after we make sure we r on top of them…hwtl!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Sadly, Malawi won’t be going due to the poor showing from Algeria last night. Still, they did pretty well just to be in with a shot going into the last games.

• toonincheek

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Over the last few seasons, Tiote has taken
    a game or three to get back his form after
    injury.

I wonder how he played in the international
    this week?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:57 AM

TooninCheek,
    He didn’t go to meet up with the squad due to injury mate.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:58 AM

toonincheek

Ed told me that he blocked my comments because he had complaints from a few people on here.

• expatmag

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Lil

I totally agree regarding the ignorance of how big Africa is. I am also fully aware of just how poor things are over there. As a family, we sponsor a little girl in South Africa each month. Much of the money we give goes to her community which we are happy with as it improves things like education health and food and water quality. We also donate to the save the children fund monnthly too.

I wish more people would do this. The price of a packet if cigarettes or a couple of pints goes a hell of a long wsy in african countries.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:00 AM

And you don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to find who, anyway must behave.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Expat,
    Yeah, sponsoring is definitely a worthy cause. My first trip to Africa was to spend time in an orphanage over Christmas, and I had to take a load of stuff over that sponsors were sending for the kids as Xmas presents. It was without question my best Christmas since the personal excitement of getting my own presents wore off as a kid.

That orphanage was set up by some folks from Newcastle, and on the building there is a plaque thanking the geordie faithful for all their support.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:06 AM

To add to that, yeah, the price of a pack of cigarettes in the UK is more than 10 times the government minimum daily wage. People can just about survive off that, but it is very difficult at this time of year where the staple food crop is starting to become expensive due to scarcity.

• Reyantoon

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:06 AM

GM….welshy,hope all well..!

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:23 AM

For the record, in the seven years I have posted on this blog I have complained twice to Ed about other posters, not for the abuse I have taken for my views against Mike Ashley as I have given plenty back over the years, but against people who deliberately troll. The first time I complained to Ed was against the multiple poster Guvnor, mag etc who made it absolutely impossible to blog because of the constant insults dished out and because welsh geordies association with them his willingness to ‘high five’ their insults and a cheery good evening greeting despite their obvious plan to ruin the blog, not to add his complete lack of contribution to the blog I assumed that welsh geordie was just another alias of the proven troll. The second time I complained was a few weeks ago and was against the new poster mag92 who’m I believe is a long term pooster who has been banned before.
    welsh, if you can honestly blame other people for you getting banned after you have spent over a year now deliberately winding people up while adding absolutely nothing of value to the blog then you need to take a good long look at your self.
    Your piece on Newcastles midfield on an earlier thread was probably the longest post you have made in your time here, it was a contribution welsh and any more like that and people wouldn’t complain about you.

• expatmag

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Lil

As they say mate, a little goes a long way. I wish more people would help especially as you can claim these donations back on tax.

• expatmag

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:34 AM

JFA

Bloody hell mate. What are you? A man or a mouse?

This is a blog. You get all kinds on here. The best policy is to ignore the pricks and converse with the intelligentia.

• expatmag

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Welsh

Do yourself a favour mate. Cut out the insinuations and get along with people. You post well and are humorous at times too but we dont need any more unnecessary spats.

• expatmag

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Back to football. I think saturday will be a difficult game. They have been playing well against the top teams without a great deal of luck. They also have some decent players, two or three I wouldnt mind in our side.

I feel our pace up front will worry them but the key to this game is who wins the central midfield battle and if we can keep Austin quiet.

I am actually going for a 1-1 draw with a richard dunne own goal for us…. lol

• sing in the corner

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Some good points but I think in the interests of devil’s advocacy that there is a whiff of double standards about at times. Looking at the performance of several apparently long term posters over recent weeks, I find myself wondering if others could have had similar warnings to Welsh,just haven’t been highlighted. Nor would I bother to highlight anything myself, or waste much time dwelling on it,since it’s meaningless and comes from people you don’t know and who don’t know you.