Newcastle One Of The Great Clubs In English Football

Harry Redknapp has been under pressure at QPR, as the London side has made another bad start to a Premier League season, although they have played a lot better of late, and put in two very good performances at home to Liverpool and Manchester City lately, and could have had two wins in those games but got only a single point for their efforts.

harry redknapp qpr

Harry Redknapp – Newcastle one of the great clubs – he’s right there

Harry is also good friends with Alan Pardew, and thought that Alan did a good job managing his former club West Ham from 2003-2006, and Pardew  got them promoted in 2005 via the play-offs at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, even though they finished the season 6th in the Championship.

West Ham beat Preston North End in the 2005 Football League Championship play-off final with a single goal from – who else – Bobby Zamora – who also scored the only goal against Derby County in stoppage time in May, to get QPR promoted back to the Premier League.

Harry Redknapp has commented on the improved form of Newcastle over the last six games or so:

“Well, it’s good for them.¨ “Alan was coming under all kinds of grief, but he’s done a great job at Newcastle in my opinion.”

“Newcastle is one of the great clubs in English football, and I think he’s doing a really good job.¨ “All credit to the Chairman, who never looked like buckling under the pressure.”

“I’m pleased for Alan, but hopefully we can go up there and get a good result this weekend.”

Harry always speaks highly of Newcastle United and their fans, and he was almost appointed as the Newcastle manager to take over when Sam Allardyce was fired in January of 2008.

But after initially accepting the job he turned Mike Ashley down the following day, and a short four days later Kevin Keegan was appointed for his second spell as manager of Newcastle – but as we know that only lasted a short nine months and we were relegated in 2009. 🙁

Harry went on to manage Tottenham in October of 2008, for probably his greatest achievement in football management, when he had Spurs in the Champions League, and since he left a few years ago, Spurs have found it difficult to replicate that form and get back into the top four in the Premier League.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• magscar

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Give owwer Ed

Repost

2 magscar // Nov 20, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Team that most are posting looks about best bet although I am hoping as Saylor is rated a big doubt there might be a late fitness test on Sat am.

We will need to boss midfield and whilst Anita is better passer than Raylor for that reason I would go with the latter. Set pieces will be a bonus. Any prospect for Vuckic or Bigi even on bench?

Main worry is stats! QPR haven’t won away from home this season and we all know what that often means when NUFC shows it’s generous side 🙁

• Nikolai

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I dont want to underestimate QPR but what I have seen from their last games, which weren’t bad at all, is that their strikeforce is their only threat. Fullbacks dont push forward and center halfs look vulnerable when speed comes into play. It should be a game in the midfield, but this should not dictate the winner. It will come down to attacks and defense. I would definitely go with Ayoze up top and Dummet with….. thats the question. Who would be your pairing at the back?

• mag92

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Well said Harry!

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Charlie in the Gallowgate // Nov 20, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Got my pessimistic head on for Saturday.
    Going to be tough having lost Colo and Tiote who is going to be captain/leader. Dummett, Williamson partnership I think have only played about ten mins together and with Zamora and austin hitting form – could be in for a rough afternoon.
    My team would be the team that started West Brom – Williamson in for Colo and I would play Taylor ( make him captain) in central midfield along side Colback. He brings a more attacking option than Anita, doies not get knocked off the ball easily, can tackle and can take a free kick which at the minute we sadly lack anyone else -And can score the odd gaol or two.

• mag92

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Williamson and Anita, in the same team. Doh!

• Mister Tuff

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:06 PM

With our injuries, specifically Abeid – I do not think we will sustain our run. Most agree that QPRs’ defence is pretty poor -Dunne – not very good – if he can catch Perez he’ll give him a booting to be sure.
    I think King Percy may play Anita -who although a trier is probably not that good.
    That Charlie Austin looks a bit decent and with Zamora might cause us a lot of problems.
    The flipside I suppose is the speed of our counter attacks – Perez is so quick -of foot and brain and may “do” Dunne. Difficult game to call -hope we win -but I’m going for a 2 -1 to QPR
    How can anyone believe what Dirty Harry says is beyond me -especially after the revelations about his dog having a bank account in Monaco.

• barkel

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:10 PM

dummy & willo have to be the centre halves if staylor is a doubt. would defo put rtaylor in defensive mid field, he played really well against man city in that role. apart from that i’d say the rest of the team will be the same that started at west brom. I think socks will get the arm band for this one

• magscar

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Other thoughts on match – is this Barton’s first return to SJP? Will he play? Chance of red card?

Didn’t think Redknapp would play both Austin and Zamorra but will he fancy an upset given our injuries.

Hoping for a new Dunne own goal 🙂 Perez Cabella and Sammi could give them nightmares and hope for at least 2 goals as can’t see a clean shhet again.

• cyprus

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

So, Alan,
    If you kicked Guti while he was down (why would he lie?) you sure are an axxhxxe, man.
    And I felt sorry for you (as a person) when the T army turned on you.

• JamesToon

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:34 PM

My team for QPR

Krul
    Janmaat Streete Dummett Haidara
    Raylor Sissoko Colback
    Cabella Ayoze Ameobi

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:55 PM

JamesToon,
    Good shout, I think that’s about right but I think Willo will get the nod over Streete.

• JamesToon

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:59 PM

JFA
    Sadly he probably will, but I think starting Streete in defence will only give young talents more confidence and determination that they can break into the first team

• welshgeordie9

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Well we might have a few injuries but i still think we will win at the weekend.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:54 PM

@ James

Yeah that would be my team although I would have Willo in over Streete just for experiences sake not necessarily based on ability .

• cyprus

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Lawro has predicted a 2-1 win….

• cyprus

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Thanks for that, OP

• mag92

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Welshgeordie, you’ll be censured for being positive!

• Big Pappa Cissé

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM

What would your lads team be with every player fit (If that ever happens 🙁 ) .

At home where we can be more attacking I would play :

—————————Krul——————————-

–Janmaat——–Collo——-Dummet——–Haidara–

——–Sissoko———-Tiote————-Aarons——–

—————–De Jong———-Cabella—————–

—————————-Cisse—————————–

• Mag52

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:04 PM

For me, Willo to partner Dummet in the middle of the defence, and to wear the captain’s armband.
    He won’t let us down. Never has in the past.

• saliba91

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Do one with the mind games floppy chops toon 3-0 howay the lads (optimistic lol)

• Shadow_Shearer

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:17 PM

I understand not everybody will agree, but I’ve never rated rednap as a manager. He did well at spurs after spending 100 million, and having players like bale, Modric, van der vaart. But harry is not our problem. Pardew is

• manxpie

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Gutierrez said he got the all clear and was back training and he wasn’t in the managers plans for whatever reason so he was allowed to look for another club so he could play

There wasn’t much sympathy or complaints at the time was there? infact some were rejoicing

Can’t see the problem with it at all

• Shadow_Shearer

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:30 PM

My team for qpr, I’ve seen alot of ppl on this site with there team, and I reckon most ppl have a similar line up.

Krul
    Janmaat willo dummet Haidara
    Rtaylor sissoko colback
    Cabella perez sammy

Sammy choosen cause I feel be needs a decent run in the first team to develop, same as haidara. Also cause of injuries, only other winger available is goufran. No obertan or aarons means cabella on the other wing.

Rtaylor needs to take abeid place, as taylor is a natural right back, meaning he has the ability to defend. Also him and janmaat can supply the crosses. Sissoko box to box.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:32 PM

mag92

I’m only going to say postiive things mate otherwise certain people on here would love to find an excuse to complain and I think you know who.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Anyway 3 points for us against qpr.

• mag92

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Welshgeordie, its the usual 3 stooges, but curly is the biggest moaner, ( nyuk-nyuk-nyuk! Woob-woob-woob!

• welshgeordie9

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:41 PM

mag92

Behave otherwise i think you will be next and that will be the two of us in less than a week.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:49 PM

So then guys who’s going to win the fight between Nathan Cleverly and Tony Bellew, that’s going to be some fight really looking forward to it.

• JamesToon

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:54 PM

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:57 PM

toonincheek // Nov 20, 2014 at 5:01 AM

Welsh –

From a couple of threads ago.
    Other people on the blog cannot get you banned.
    Only Ed can do that.
    Other bloggers may draw Ed’s attention to posts but it’s Ed who decides, based on the posts.
    So – you got YOURSELF banned..

If you think other bloggers should be banned – point out their comments to Ed and see what Ed thinks.

Of course, if he thinks you are being malicious, he may ban you instead!

• welshgeordie9

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Jail for Ashley

Why are bringing that up again, do you want me to get in to trouble again, forget it and move on.

• Shadow_Shearer

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:03 PM

If Pardew wants to emulate Munich, he can start by winning trophies

• mag92

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Welshgeordie, he tried getting me banned!

• welshgeordie9

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:09 PM

mag92

i think he’s trying to get me to saying something that will get me in to trouble, all I want to do is talk football.

• mag92

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Welshgeordie, should be easy to ignore, he talks rubbish!