It Wasn’t Easy – But Our Banks Of Four Were Strong

22 year-old winger Sammy Ameobi is having his best ever season at Newcastle, and he put in another good performance yesterday at St. James’ Park  in the hard-fought 1-0 win over QPR.

sammy ameobi in action qpr

Sammy Ameobi in action on Saturday

In fact Sammy got the assist that set up Moussa Sissoko for the winning goal after 78 minutes, and that gave the Magpies their sixth win in a row. 😀

This is what Sammy said immediately after the game on Saturday:

“It wasn’t easy and, as we know, no Premier League game is easy.” “QPR do work very hard and it was tough but we stuck together.”

“Our banks of four were strong, we were really hard to break down and eventually got a goal and saw the game out.”

“We had a lot of opportunities in the first half and even in the second half, so we had to just be patient and wait for that one opportunity and we got it in the end.”

“Papiss could’ve ended the game towards the end, Ayoze had a few chances and I had a few shots myself.”  “It’s just the way the game goes really. The most important thing is the three points and we got that.”

“It was really sad about Ryan.”  ” I really hope he’s okay.” “I think he’s gone for a scan. We all hope it’s not the same injury – I’m sure it’s not – but I really hope he’s back as soon as possible.”

“Ryan is a big factor in our team, in terms of mentally – he gets the lads riled up before a game and is a really big part of this team. I hope to see him back soon.”

Ryan Taylor went to hospital after the game, and he then tweeted that everything was OK late on Saturday night via his Twitter account, and certainly everybody associated with Newcastle were relieved to hear the good news.

And Sammy needs to keep playing like he’s been doing over the last few games, if he is to get an extension of his contract, which runs out next June.

But if the local lad continues to play the way he’s been playing of late, he should be able to get a new deal at his home town club.

Sammy has played 10 times this season with that one dramatic goal against Spurs,and he has 49 total appearances for Newcastle with three goals.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Blackley and Brownlie

Nov 23, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Shola reminds Sammy his contract is coming up for renewal and he must try a bit harder until it’s signed.

• Canny in Canberra

Nov 23, 2014 at 10:41 PM

and he then tweeted that everything was OK late on Saturday night via his Twitter account, and certainly everybody was relieved to hear the good news.

Good indeed. If Abeid is gonna be back next game. Think they should play half game each. Don’t think we should risk further damage to either by pushing things but that’s normally what happens. Tiote should be back soon to strengthen midfield.

Isn’t this having options business nice!!

• beermonkey

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:03 PM

we got 7 games in December and early jan we have fa cup games as well
    no excuses for the squad not to be rotated and used, we need to keep an eye on the league cup make sure we have our best 11 available

the clubs stance on cups we have all heard it but pards is an arrogant sod and will want to win it the having gotten this far

would love as fa cup run as well lots of games to keep all these players happy and I am sure we will lose the odd one or 2 to injury as we get them back

don’t really see any ins in jan unless its they become available we will prob try and sign one or 2 on free’s for the summer

if the cash is right tiote will lave in jan or the summer all depends on bids

• optimistic prime

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Beer
    I’d like to think we’ll have a decent go at getting to the semi now.

Players have proved they can step up so why not play a strong team. I’ll be knarked if we don’t out out a team that can have a real at spurs.

We should have Saylor Colo Aaron’s Rivierre Abeid and possibly Santon back in next 3 weeks possibly others I can’t think of.
    I agree on transfers and Tiote.

• beermonkey

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM

prime

what to do with santon I think when fit pards will go back to taylor and colo meaning dummet goes back to left back

problem is no1 in that back line deserves to be dropped really except willo he is a bit of a liability

• expatmag

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:27 PM

OP

The 4 or 5 senior players back for next saturday will almost certainly be Taylor. S, Tiote, Riviere, Abeid and possibly Colo. Aarons is a probable too.

Santon and De Jong back in January.Good possibly as well.

• expatmag

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:28 PM

BEER

Keep Dummett in the middle. I have been really impressed with Haidara at left back. Sell Santon back to Italy.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Beermonkey

Dummett is on fire at CB. It would be rash to move him to accommodate others.

• beermonkey

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:31 PM

expatmag

natural right footer try him as a winger

I wanna see dummet in the middle till the rest of the season to see if he can develop into a decent centre back he looks promising at the mo

• optimistic prime

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Dummet shouldn’t be dropped for any of our CB at the minute.

I’m not a big fan of Santon just have to wait see there but if Hyaidra is doing well he doesn’t deserved dropped.

Think that’s the current theme for me, no one deserves dropped and anyone wanting in the first team should have to fight no free passes otherwise it sends the wrong message.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:37 PM

B & B – re Cabella – you obviously missed the previous posts about the French grammatical rules. Cabella comes from Corsica -which is French so I think it is a safe bet to use the typical French pronounciation of the double L after an e.
    I gave several examples of how the double L could be pronounced and exceptions. You need to keep up.

• beermonkey

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:44 PM

prime

this is the thing for me the kids in past Sammy and others have come in done well and been dropped

were in a situation where there getting to keep the shirt and there getting better and improving each game

every1 knows they do well and get to keep the shirt its inspires them to keep playing well

• BandB

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:44 PM

I have never seen anything like it in all the time I have been watching football.
    Since Steve Bruce set the ball rolling right at the very start of our recovery, every single opposition manager has taken precious time from his pre-match press conference to say what a fantastic manager Alan Pardew is. Six or seven of those eight have gone from looking down the table at him to looking up. And ALL of them are now under greater pressure for their jobs than Pardew is. Even Harry did it.
    Imagine that Wellington, ahead of Waterloo, had addressed his troops with; “Listen lads. People have been sticking the boot into this Napoleon chap, and quite frankly, it’s unfair. I don’t want to see any harm coming to him. He’s a very underrated international tyrant, and he will start winning again soon, you mark my words!
    We’d all be speaking French.
    Good on us. Long may it continue.
    But if Fat Sam comes out with the same spiel, I’ll be starting to wonder if our business genius hasn’t discovered an altogether cheaper way of gaming the odds in our favour.
    I am joking. For you newer people.

• jimmysmith

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:44 PM

It will be interesting to see how Santon responds to all this added competition. I think he is capable of great things. It would be excellent for the side to have both he and Haidarra pushing each other, which would also allow Dummett to focus on developing as a centre back, as there seems a real opportunity there for him.

• Yohan Kebab

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:47 PM

just thinking when everyone is fit…

Krul
    Janmaat Colo Dummett Santon
    Sissoko Tiote
    De jong
    Cabella Perez Aarons

???

• Brutooon

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:11 AM

As long as sammy dont follow the step of his lazy brother then he be fine