Hilarious Video – Pardew Talks On Captaincy – Then Phone Rings

Watch a jovial Alan Pardew at a news conference after the game when he’s talking about giving the captaincy yesterday to Moussa Sissoko and then a journalist’s phone rings and Alan laughs and forgets what he was talking about – we’ve never seen the manager so relaxed and full of fun.

Wonder if the six wins in a row helped? :

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• 70TWO

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:42 PM

AP admitted that he himself questioned or reflected on what he was doing coaching wise, but had the self belief to keep going and is now being justified. As with any manager it is a question of how long will the good performances keep going and how quickly will they return?

• Shadow_Shearer

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Managers get better the longer they stay at the same club. They figure put the strength and weaknesses of the club. It has taken Pardew 4 seasons to figure out the youngsters coming through is the clubs strength.
    And injuries is our weakness. I just wonder how many years will it be before he figures out how to fix it.

• Douglas

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:06 PM

This is hilarious?

• Mister Tuff

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:09 PM

munster – thank you for your reply – in your post you suggest bad coaching -but seem not to be able to bring yourself, in as many words, to say it was King Percys’ bad coaching.
    As someone else has suggested I think there is an element of the “youngsters” drive and ambition.
    As for me suggesting King Percy is the leader of ISIS – I do not think so. He is a cocky and arrogant fellow and because of the good run he currently has the crowing rights in the chicken coup.

• mag92

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Liverpool spent 117 million to play like this!

• Graeme

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Crystal Palace 3-1 Bin Dippers!!! What a turn-up for the books that is lol

• mag92

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Brendan Rogers, “when a club spends a 100 million, they should be winning the league” he said that about Spurs last season! Gold!

• mag92

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:46 PM

All the old woman, that moan on about not spending millions on players. Pay heed!

• jazzyp

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Don’t worry lads if we go on a bad run through December with the fixture list, At least we’ll get Catchy and Lr32 back in our ranks

• Markaccus

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Mag92

I dont think it’s who Liverpool have brought in, or what they spent. I think its down to who they sold. Suarez is obviously a huge miss. Balotelli will come good in the end, but they needed it instantly due to Sturridge getting injured. Thats a lot of goals missing.

• mag92

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:00 PM

@10 they’ve spent 117 million! Think about it!

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM

A prize egg for Marcaccus, the first person to respond to mag 92 in over a week.

• sing in the corner

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Watching sky match. Where is the ‘mercurial’ HBA? Completely anonymous,again. Maybe he’s been Bruced then. No hang on, he’ll be at best an overrated luxury, at worst crap because he was ‘Pardewed’ for years in the past won’t he? Sorry, ‘P45DUED’. Did you see what I did there?

• welshgeordie9

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Ben arfa should have scored then great chance.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Well i say Liverpool and Spurs are pants, our squad is much better.

• Markaccus

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Mag

i have thought. I still think it’s mainly down to losing so many goals

• Markaccus

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Jail

I just try to get on with people these days 😀

• sing in the corner

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Welsh
    Not sure about that. But what we have that they lack is confidence and momentum eh?. And that’s very powerful. Can hide a multitude of sins.

• jimmysmith

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:32 PM

I’m not sure that this run tells you that much about Pardew, other than to remind us of what we already know. That he can motivate sides and get them playing well, and winning games, and that he can also build a side.

He hasn’t managed to find any lasting consistency, which seems a consequence of the approach of the club, or that he’s worked at battling clubs before us, perhaps more so than his own shortcomings. Cockiness and arrogance is something I don’t see as much of as others seem to, occasionally maybe, perhaps more of it as a younger manager, possibly you’d see more of it if we were consistently winning, but I suppose few would be criticizing him for it then.

• sing in the corner

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:43 PM

What does it matter if a football manager is cocky or even arrogant though JimmySmith? He’s not our mate or family member. We want him to get results and to generally represent the club in the right way. He’s now doing the former. He’s made a huge mistake with the representing part we all know about, but since then I’ve been happy with the way he’s conducted himself by and large.
    Plenty of other high profile managers / officials appear cocky and arrogant. Sometimes it just goes with the type of occupation and is highlighted much more easily when you spend most of your life with a camera or microphone shoved up your nose and often whatever you say being dissected, misquoted, or distorted by people who have their own agenda.

• estechco

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Interesting to note the bottom 3 are now the 3 that came up? Doesn’t bode well for the growing gulf between the uber wealthy premiership and everyone else!

• jimmysmith

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Yeah, I don’t actually see it, nor does it bother me when I do in others. The only real irritation I’ve had with Pardew is the level of drivel we’ve had from him in press conferences, although he is asked banal or leading questions repeatedly, although more recently I think its fair to say he’s been exemplary! I think because the focus has been squarely on his team and his own position when in the past he’d been asked to speak for the club on a whole host of issues where plain speaking would have drawn huge fire, from all over the place, such was the lock down approach of the ownership.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:56 PM

sitc,
    When you’ve just lost 0-6 at home followed by a third defeat in a row by your bitter rivals being cocky, arrogant and thinking yourself above blame is not a good trait.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:00 PM

I’ve noticed a few people these days pointing out how much Lpool and Spurs have spent and their current predicament and trying to justify our relative lack of net spend because of it. People who are pointing this out might want to remember that we avoided relegation by one game a couple of years ago purely down to a lack of spending money we had sitting waiting to be spent !

• Ian Toon

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Jimmy Smith – A well formulated excellent post . Spot on. Pardew spoke of what a good squad he now had pre season, in fact the best since he had been manager. This was ridiculed by the usual suspects many of whom seem to have professed a long term allegiance to all things Pardew. He’s not Mourinho but neither is he the clueless buffoon that many constantly derided.

Munster- I don’t favour “I told you so’ but you were right then and now. Mind, we have always seen eye to eye particularly on formations!
    Glad your still contributing and holding feet to the fire on here!

This blog makes for a far better read now that we have lost the know nowt about football and the toon types. Games have been won with massive contributions from the likes of Jack Colback, Sissoko and Janmaat all of whom were written off by many of the clueless- we know who you are.
    HWTL .

• Marty-Toon

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Ben Arfa with two good chances today,he really should be doing better than he did.
    He’s been gettin lots of game time yet giving little to the team

• Ian Toon

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:04 PM

I was referring to Jimmy’s @19.

• Marty-Toon

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Terrible decision by th ref there.
    Could destroy the game.

• Marty-Toon

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Stevie Brucie has certainly been eating all the pies

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Marty Toon,
    It seems a very split opinion between fans and ‘experts’ on video refereeing, I for one am all for it, when the ref is in any doubt it would take a panel of three less than a minute to decide decisions like that, the game doesn’t even need to stop while they decide.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:14 PM

MT,
    Just think a few short weeks ago things were that bad some people were suggesting that the pie eating, touchline trotting renegade mackem take over Pardew !

• sing in the corner

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Jail
    Because I don’t recall the detail of interviews from many months ago, I just called up AP’s post match BBC interview (Liverpool six nil disaster) to see if I could work out what you were alluding to as regards him being cocky, arrogant or above blame. Yeah I know, it’s kind of a Sunday evening thing to do! All i saw was disappointment, embarrassment and a bloke trying to explain a very poor result at home, and his intention to try to put it right for next week. Was the attitude you’re upset about in another interview, where he must have taken another tack?

• sing in the corner

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:31 PM

On the other hand I’m with you on the replay stuff. It can only improve the decision making and reduce cheating.

• wolfshead@toon

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:40 PM

should pards be more like jose miserable whatever the result haha

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Sitc,
    I just used those two defeats because they were the turning point of me stopping my defence of him. He might well have come across as humble and embarrassed straight after the match but it wouldn’t have been long before he was saying the region’s youngsters lacked intelligence or some other patronising arrogant statement.

• Ian Toon

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:42 PM

sing- It was acute embarrassment. He was numbed by the whole experience but showed the resolve, determination and commitment to turn it around. He is not articulate and lacks the ability to be a good public communicator when under pressure. As I said he’s not Mourinho.
    However, the players are full of respect for him and you can see the bond that clearly exists. My brother who was at yesterday’s game was telling me that Sammy was saying how much work Pardew had put in with him in getting him to concentrate more on the less glamourous aspects of his game.
    When I used to go to most of our away games I was constantly listening to the so called fan condemning Pardew because he was a cockney. A lot of our fans have not woken up to the globalisation of football at all levels. Either that or they’re just plain parochial. Mind, it’s good to see a few home grown types in the squad.

• optimistic prime

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:43 PM

It’s crazy how after 5 wins in EPL people are saying Europe CL best squad ever cup final etc. Short short short memories.

5 wins in EPL against poor or under performing sides and everyone is loosing their mind. We’ve been beaten by every team in top half who we’ve played except Swansea who should have won.

Our next games are against west ham a re surgent Burnley Chelsea SMB Arsenal Man utd, I’ll hold on and see how we perform against those sides before I decide it’s not another false dawn.

Pride comes before a fall.

I’ll be happy to have egg on my face as Pardew being successfull means NUFC are successful, I wonder how many will be happy with the shoe on the other foot.

I know I wouldn’t.

It took two years of rubbish and excuses for me to have so little faith in Pardew and it will take more than six wins for me to be convinced he’s the right man to move NUFC foward, sorry for not being fickle.

• Marty-Toon

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Jail,
    Agreed on the replays that it could save a lot of bother and now seeing Spuds just scored their second and leaving Hull with nothing when they had looked good for all three before the sending off

• wolfshead@toon

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:49 PM

tuffers
    i made the isis story up as a sarcastic point about rumours based on press stories and i never said it came from you
    it was in relation to the ‘king’ story and having read it thanks to the link you provided it never mentioned pardew eating the guys food so i would say it was workplace banter but the anti percy peeps went and made a meal of it hahaha

• Mister Tuff

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:52 PM

If I can assist in a quote:-
    “When the meals arrived, Pards said to Tony, ‘Yours looks better, I’m having that,’ and swapped plates.

“I told him you can’t just take someone else’s dinner. Pards retorted, ‘When you’re the king, you can do anything’.”

No need for thanks.