Pardew Defiant – We Can Deal With Tough Schedule

Newcastle United have done very well in winning our last six games in all competitions, and we have gone from 19th in the league table to fifth top – and it’s not that those six games have been against easy opposition either,  and we’ve beaten Tottenham and Manchester City away and Liverpool at home in the current winning streak.

alan pardew home to QPR 1-0

Alan Pardew on the sidelines on Saturday

So when Alan Pardew was interviewed after the 1-0 win against QPR on Saturday, and it was pointed out we had a tough set of games coming up in December that included Chelsea at home (we beat them last year in this fixture),  Arsenal  and Manchester United away, and Sunderland at home – the Newcastle manager had this to say:

“You could have argued we had a tough schedule three games ago, four games ago.” “We had Manchester City and Liverpool and Spurs and we sailed through that, so don’t look at the fixtures and think that there’s anything that we can’t deal with.¨

“It is a tough December, there’s no doubt about that, but the team is in such a good place today, we were so disciplined today.¨ “I think anybody who recognises Premier League football and watches it on a regular basis would see that as a really powerful performance from a young team, so that was really good for us.”

One of the positive things is that we do have some of our experienced players coming back for Saturday, and the competition for places in the starting line-up and on the bench is going to be intense.

That’s because of the way youngsters like Ayoze Perez, Sammy Ameobi, Mehdi Abeid, Paul Dummett and Massadio Haidara have come through this season.

And with our players getting fit again, we should even be able to rest some players – since starting next Saturday we will have nine games to play in just 33 days.

It will be interesting to see where we are in the league table after we play Burnley at home on New Year’s Day.

Where do you think we’ll be?

Thinks – eight league games to play by then = 24 points = 43 points in total. 😀

Get out of here!

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• mag92

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Totally agree with Pards!

• Spoof

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Were going to have to cope with it !

• Mag52

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Hope we don’t get too many “lucky” wins in December, eh Catchy.

• stestickle

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:39 PM

buzzing with the run we are on but the let see how we cope when we go behind have we got a plan b

• Shadow_Shearer

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Pardew starting to show a lack of fear, even with half his team out which is great to hear. Manager believing, helps players to believe.

The game I worry about most is against arsenal, we always seem to have a hard time against them. But I did say the same thing about man city b4 we played them. Let’s not forget 1 year ago we lost to arsenal 1-0, and it was all downhill after that. Ofcourse cabaye been sold didn’t help.

• optimistic prime

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Shadow

Arsenal is the team I worry about least.
    Their so open at the back it makes Keegans entertainers look defencive.

• Generic Commenter

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:51 PM

I would hope to see a win/draw against West ham, a win against Burnley and not bothered about the Chelsea result. It’s the Tottenham game in the League Cup I care most about. A win and a spot in the Semi Finals would really define our season.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:53 PM

I’d glady swap tenth for a place in the CC final.

• Magpie Myles

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Burnley might be a tough game because they have found some form recently, but who knows what will happen to them next weekend. I would expect us to do well against West Ham because they just lost against Everton. Chelsea is a tough game as is Arsenal, but Arsenal lack in the last 3rd at the moment. Manchester United is the next one i’m relly looking forward to along with Sunderland game. Both will be good fun!

• Spoof

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:53 PM

stestickle

plan “b” if we go behind is to then score twice, quite simple really you know, like we did against Spurs at the Lane, or did you forget about that ?

• Jeff from Benwell

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Brilliant new website for Catchy Average_Incontinent Tuff BandB JFA Pessemistic etc – http://www.Doommongersindenial.com

• wolfshead@toon

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:57 PM

his arrogance seems to have been replaced by bullishness

• Spoof

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Generic Commenter

I’m 48 year old and have never witnessed a Newcastle captain lift a Trophy above his head, so as you can guess, I am so much with you and what you want

• Generic Commenter

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Spoof,

Even a trip to Wembley would be an amazing feat for the team. Obviously the win would take the city into overdrive but the geordie nation is long due a cup final.

• wolfshead@toon

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:13 PM

we usually beat chelsea at home whether or not it has something to with it being joses bosses home patch i dont know 🙂

• armchair fan

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Got a good feeling for the Chelsea game, I remember when Mourinho was asked in a post match interview if he could go unbeaten, he replied that it wouldn’t happen – I’m presuming he’s on about when they come to SJP 😉

• Vagabond of the Western World

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Don’t mean to be a kill-joy but this run will come to an end at some point.

I’ve been saying for the last few weeks that i’m over the moon we’ve gone this impressive winning streak but when you consider that very few team wins more than say 4 games on the bounce, and only the very best teams ever win about 6 or 7 on the bounce then our run will end soon.

I worry that we’ll be on a downward spiral by the time we play Sunderland.

Maybe that’s a touch strong, but perhaps having just come off a defeat or two.

I don’t like to think negively, more realistically.
    It’s my realistic opinion that between now and mid December we may have lost a few games.

I just hope that we still have enough confidence and belief to put Sunderland to the sword.

I’d like to see Ameobi and Aarons given starts against the scum. A fearless, youthful exuberance in attack, and I don’t necessarily go along with the game being too big for them given the lack of experience.

Put them in, let them run themselves daft, take their players on and scare the crap out of their painfully slow defenders.

KEEEEEMAAAAAAN!

• lesh

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Mmmm, he’s starting to sound a bit too confident rather than being modest like Morinho.

The run’s got to come to an end sooner or later though like everyone else (apart from Catchy who’ll be ready to leap on Pardew when defeat does come), I’d rather later rather than sooner.

Referring to an earlier thread, Welsh suggested Armstrong be sent on loan to another country. Could he have one of the Welsh big clubs in mind? Perhaps he was thinking along the lines of Clwb Pêl-Droed Penrhyndeudraeth or maybe one of the smaller Welsh clubs such as Swansea or Cardiff City?

• Average_Contents

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Vagabond

Good post mate, summed it up nicely.

Wolfs

It appears so.

I hate that aspect of the king although it’s still bubbling under the surface imo. Obviously managers, especially top flight ones need to have a touch of arrogance about them but the kings is intolerable at times and makes him comes across as a smarmy twat 😀

I find it hilarious that as the grown up posters were having a discussion about football this morning, the wum/troll decided to try and engage to no avail and just got ignored, well until Ourtoon decided to talk to it. Naughty Ourtoon. It’s sole intention is to goad and cause trouble on the blog. Sad really.

• Average_Contents

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:17 PM

I also find it funny how all of a sudden we’ve got the ‘I told you so’ posters out in force regaling us with tales of king percy and his excellent defensive coaching and how he’s changed. Would this be the same king who coached our defence to concede 59 and 65 in the space of two seasons? 6 wins on the bounce is brilliant yes but does not make up for the regular trouncing we receive season upon season, nor the loss to the mackems season upon season. He’s stumbled onto a system being forced through injuries because let’s face it, if all of his favourites were fit and raring to go the system and personel would still be the same.

It’s going to take a good, consistent run for me to think otherwise.

Anyway rant over 😀

• Average_Contents

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:27 PM

The under-21’s are playing tonight if anyone’s arsed. 7PM kickoff I think. Doubt they’ll be streams but I’m gonna have a gander on my box anyway.

• beermonkey

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:28 PM

average

u find anything

• mag92

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:34 PM

@11 Ha ha! Jeff!

• welshgeordie9

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Jeff

Ha ha ha

• welshgeordie9

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:39 PM

mag92

How are you this evening mate.

• mag92

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Jeffs best one was the baldies, wandering around the town, carrying a coffin! The nutters!

• mag92

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Welshgeordie, champion lad!

• mag92

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Newcastle United, have created more chances on the counter attacks, than any other team in the premier league!

• mag92

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Only Southampton, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, have conceded fewer goals, than Newcastle United, in the last six games!

• Spoof

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:45 PM

AC

I was never a told you so poster, but the pathetic abuse given to Pardew was of such of an extent that I stopped posting, it was pathetic and boring, the likes of Catchty and Rotonda Heights should be locked up with the key thrown away.

Different views and opinions are fine, but an inability to accept anothers view or opinion in good grace is unacceptable, sadly too many like that and them.

Things are going well, very well, but I will not bleat about being right or others wrong as I know that Ashley has always been and will always be the problem,

• welshgeordie9

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Totally agree with pardew that we can deal with the tough schedule, I mean if we can beat spurs then man city and then Liverpool in a week, we shouldn’t have any problem with December fixtures.

• BandB

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:46 PM

I wish I had just a pound for every time I’ve been in a bar after a match watching Sid the Sexist and his mates nodding sagely as they bandy verbal sp**k bubbles between each other in voices just loud enough to be heard at the next table.
    The squeaky one with the spiky hair, the Trigger look-alike and the guy with the slip-ons, mustache and comb-over. Talking football.
    And watching them when the “did you spill my pint?” guy wanders in, drunk, disorientated and alone.
    Suddenly they fall to sullen silence, peeping over their lager shandies, now pressed as un-offendingly as possible to their chins. Ankles together. Sphincters contracted. Arms welded by sides and shoulders narrowed to avoid any sh*t-scary bumps, or God forbid, eye-contact with the Biffa Bacon guy.
    Then they meekly shuffle off in search off somewhere quieter, tails between their legs, bitching as they go.
    Mag92, Jeff etc. I’m, not having a go at you here. Please spare me a battering, as I know I will be on my own against three impressive fellows. One or two might join in for a sly little go themselves.
    You are the king-pins. No doubt about it.