We Go To West Ham To Get The Three Points

It’s very hard to accuse Alan Pardew and our Newcastle players of not bring confident at the moment, and we have not only won our last six games, but the lads have started to play very well, and our defense has looked very solid – and that’s a big change for the better.

moussa sissoko scores qpr

Moussa Sissoko after scoring the winner on Saturday against QPR

Moussa Sissoko was captain last Saturday and he’s been in the best form of his Newcastle career so far this season, and the French International has said Newcastle are confident and will go for the 3 points at Upton Park on Saturday:

“Maybe, it is true that at the moment I’m playing well and happy.”

“I will try to continue like this and if we can finish in the top eight it would be good for me and the team – it is too early to say whether we can finish fifth or sixth or seventh.”

“We will just try to get a lot of points and in the second part of the season, we will see where we can finish.”

“I’m not a striker, but I want to score between seven and 10 goals,” “It was my first goal in the league, and I’m very happy for that.”

“I will try to work hard every day. If we can win every game, and if I can score, I will be happy for that.”  “West Ham are playing well,”

“It will be a hard game, but we are confident.”  “We go to West Ham try to get the three points.”

We won this fixture 3-1 at Upton Park in January and it was a final great performance from French play-maker Yohan Cabaye, who scored two great goals in his very last appearance for Newcastle United before he moved to PSG for £20M.

Loic Remy scored the other goal and Loic basically refused to join Newcastle permanently in the summer, and is now at Chelsea, who took Roberto Di Matteo’s Schalke 04 apart 5-0 in Germany on Tuesday night in the Champions League.

But Newcastle are now playing as well as we did a year ago when we still had Cabaye and Remy in the side.

We are hoping we can get the win at Upton Park on Saturday, which reminds me – I must have those blood pressure pills close by for Saturday. 😀

Howay The Lads!!

How Will Newcastle Fare At West Ham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I’ve predicted a defeat, but only because every game I have called a defeat we have won, so it would be a shame to stop our winning run with optimism.

• JAMSHA(PARDEW SLAYER)

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:18 AM

RiP Hughes 🙁 just woke up to find up this news on whatsapp

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Going for a draw but hoping for a win. Depends on who’s back for both teams I think. If Sakho and valencia are playing we could be in trouble, add to that Carroll too and they’ve got a very strong forward line. I think they’ve scored the most headed goals or goals from set pieces in the league upto now and lets face it we flap with crosses or free-kicks into our box.

Just a quick question, was anyone else getting really annoyed at krul last Saturday? Distribution was piss poor and as time was ticking down before we scored he was dilly dallying on the ball an awful lot. Needs to sort that out i think.

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:23 AM

AC, no more so than usual. TK’s distribution has always been poor. To be fair, you have to go back a long way to remember a toon keeper who did have decent distribution. Tommy the Barman is the last one I can remember?

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:24 AM

I also don’t think he’s commanding enough in his own box. Tends to flap about. Composer timmy.

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Composure

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Still the best shot stopper we have had since Given. Excellent reflex keeper. Still, if he had decent distribution and commanded his area then a bigger club with a bag of cash would have him by now.

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Your probably right G. I might of Just noticed it more Saturday as I wanted us to go for it especially as QPR were shocking.

Shay Given? He was pretty good wirh his distribution imo.

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:29 AM

We will have to agree to dissagree on Given’s distribution. If he played it short, it was ok, but when it went up field 90% of the time he gifted the opposition posession.

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Yeah he’s an excellent shot stopper is timmy. Very hard to find a gk with it all. Schemichael instantly springs to mind.

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Given or krul G?

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Looks like Lesh was right! Lazy barstewards. I’m actually surprised he’s up, shit the bed Lesh? Try immodium mate they work a treat when you can’t control your bowel movements 😉

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Currently TK, because of the age thing (How old is Given now? Bout 40ish). Assuming time travel was possible, and we could have either in their prime, then I’m tempted to go with Given, as he was always reliable, even though you could guaruntee he would have 1 stinker of a match all season. Most keepers have 2 or 3 nightmares.

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Might I also suggest a trip to your GP? Mind, most on here could probably do with a checkup. Boom boom ching.

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Worst keeper you have seen in a toon shirt?

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:41 AM

G

Yeah I think he’s about 40ish.

I should of been clearer. Who in their pomp would you have.

Definitely given for me too.

Do you rate elliot? Just about able backup for me. Seems to carry a bit of a paunch. Hopefully Darlow can step up in place of elliot. I’d rather we sold him than krul.

With these two and woodman coming through I think we’re pretty much covered for gk.

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Elliot is better than I expected him to be for us, but I don’t see him as the long term solution. I would agree re Darlow / Woodman.

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Kerelse, hooper or beasent. Obviously Kerelse didn’t play much but was shite lol.

You?

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Mighty Mike Hooper, without a doubt. Karelse, like you say didn’t play much, Beasant was ok but unspectacular, not unlike Rob Elliot. Beasant was also a vampire (Sh*t scared of crosses). Mighty Mike though, was just comical. I would have rather played with no keeper than that keeper!

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I think in fairness to Beasant as well, it’s hard to judge his time on Tyneside when your keeper has one of the worst defensive line ups in front of them? Although his time at Chelsea (Pre moneybags time of course) was highly amusing. Wimbledon must have had a huge window on thier office to see us coming in with a British record transfer fee for a keeper.

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Really hoping none of them make it. Noble is a doubt too apparently. Still leaves Nolan, Carroll, Cole. No sweat.

Stewart Downing and Cheik Kouyate are both hoping to play against Newcastle this weekend, according to Sam Allardyce.

However the news is slightly less positive regarding fellow sufferers Alex Song, Enner Valencia and Diafra Sakho.

Allardyce was without five of his first team last weekend after all sustained injuries during the international break.

He is also preparing for life without Winston Reid, after the central defender received his fifth booking of the campaign at Everton last weekend and earned a one-match ban in the process.

But there was some good news on the injury front this morning, ahead of Saturday’s clash with the in-form Newcastle United.

“We’ve lost Winston Reid to a suspension and we’ve got to manage the situation by getting a result against Newcastle,” Allardyce told a pre-match press conference. “But Stewart Downing is training today and Cheik Kouyate is too.

“The rest have got a chance, but a slimmer one.”

Nov 27, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Three of their star peformers out. Here’s hoping.

Must say I never seen the appeal for song at Arsenal or Barca but he’s doing it at West Ham and was immense when they played citeh.

Saying that Carroll is due a goal against us isn’t he 🙁

Nov 27, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Anyway. Seen as it’s just me and G keeping the blog afloat at the moment, I’m passing the torch to someone else. Any takers? My pit is screeching for me. Laters G.

Nov 27, 2014 at 11:08 AM

No probs AC, I’ve got to nip out for a meeting in a bit anyway. For the record, Andy Carroll may be due a goal, but he’s been fit for a couple of weeks so he’s also due an injury.

• lesh

Nov 27, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Average_Contents

Cheeky tw@

🙂

• lesh

Nov 27, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Average_Contents

come to think of it, you seem to be quite an expert on bowel movements. Trouble is Imodium can cause mouth ulcers – have you tried using a mouth wash?

• lesh

Nov 27, 2014 at 11:19 AM

G’s gone to a meeting and AC’s gone to his pit so it looks as though it’s only me.

But, Matron Ratchett’s insisting I have my mid-morning medication and a ‘rest’ as she puts it.

She’s very thoughtful when she tucks me into bed, she straps me in just in case of accidents!

Nov 27, 2014 at 11:20 AM

No, its horrid stuff! I wasn’t aware mouthwash helped with ulcers. My understanding is its used for fresher breath and getting rid of food particles. Do you floss? Wouldn’t suprise me lol.

As for being an expert on bowel movements, I’d hardly call recommending immodium or a visit to your GP expert advice just common sense lesh 😀

Sadly this commodity is lacking on here at times. That and brain cells.

Definitely off now.

• 2_goal_tino

Nov 27, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Shay in my opinion is the best goalkeeper Newcastle have had in my lifetime and probably have ever had. His consistency and longevity were quite astounding. It is a shame he left the way he did after over 10 years with us but who can really blame him? In reality, for the sake of his own career he should have left earlier. I have always said that it would be a shame when he does eventually retire if we do not offer him some sort of testimonial. Given that he left nearly six years ago I think it is unlikely, but it would be a great shame if our 3rd highest appearance maker of all-time wasn’t given some kind of recognition!

• robertsleftfoot

Nov 27, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Given had very poor distribution, always punted it out of play when he went long, was the only thing that let him down from being at a top top club for me as he had everything else

Worst keeper to grace the toon jersey has to be hopper, I remember we played Luton in the cup one year, I was only a kid but everything he came for he missed, everything he went to catch he dropped, then come racing out to the edge of his box to win a high ball and hartson was stronger, think it was oakes who scored for them from that

• jayphoto

Nov 27, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Given was a great shot stopper, one of the best but was terrified of leaving his 6 yard box! His distribution was terrible! Krul has more control of his area but is prone a clanger.
    The most complete goalkeeper weve had if probably Hislop in all areas , Tommy Wright was solid too tho givens shot stopping makes Shay a better keeper just with one sided attributes!
    My favourite was always Pav! Mad him!
    Worst keeper weve had is Lionel Perez, saw him play for us in a friendly!, was shocking! Mike Hooper pretty bad too!

• jimmysmith

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Interesting facts about Mike Hooper.

He was at Liverpool for 8 seasons as understudy to Bruce Grobbelaar when they won six major trophies.

He received a degree in English Literature at Swansea University.

He was caught on camera openly laughing, whilst on the bench, after Newcastle had conceded a goal and never played senior football again.

He works as a bouncer for Studio nightclub in Chester-le-Street, Co. Durham.

Wikipedia

• nut meg

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:21 PM

He was more interested in bird watching than playing football.

• headtheball

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:30 PM

I would put Tim and Shay on par but my all time fav was Ronnie Simpson of the fifties. Also played for Celtic and Scotland but he would be too small for a goal keeper now as they all seem to be 6 foot 91.
    HWTL

• awaydays

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Hello everyone im a new member to the blog but i think personally that if we are to win we have to keep alex song quite as when ive watched them he seems to make them tick …

and as regarding january i think we need a goalscorer to take the burden from ayoze and a cb like virgil van dijk and more would be a bonus but im confident over the next few years we will see more quality coming through the academy as i know some of them and + lascelles will provide cover at cb next year

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Just out of interest, has Mike Hooper ever been a Half-Time Hero? Can’t remember if he has, but in my opinion, he shouldn’t ever be!

• scout

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Mike Hooper is a top bloke, I talked to him many a time when he was working the door in Durham . Got the impression it was a job to him rather than love of the game.

• scout

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:44 PM

The football that was, not the security work

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Just for clarity scout, not knocking the man, the keeper on the other hand is fair game!