Newcastle Suffer More Injuries On Training Pitch

The latest injury picked up on the training pitch is an ankle injury for our top goalkeeper Tim Krul, and it seems the period he will be out keeps getting extended by manager Alan Pardew – but Newcastle have picked up far too many injuries in training this season.

tim krul villa

Tim Krul – self-inflicted – out until Boxing Day?

Don’t forget that Siem de Jong’s long term injury, that will keep him out more than three months – was also picked up on the training pitch.

This is what Alan Pardew said after the 12-0 defeat at West Ham yesterday:

“Rob Elliot will be in goal for the next four or five games,” “It’s been blow after blow this year, but we’ve rode them and that’s been the key to our success.¨

“We’ve put younger players in and those in the group. We lose Tim but Rob’s produced a super performance.”

Here is the Newcastle schedule for next month:

December:

Tue 02	19:45	A   Burnley
Sat 06	12:45	H   Chelsea
Sat 13	17:30	A   Arsenal
Wed 17	19:45	A   Tottenham - Capital One Cup
Sun 21	13:30	H   Sunderland
Fri 26	15:00	A   Man Utd
Sun 28	16:15	H   Everton

So five games out from now takes us to Boxing Day,  when we are at Manchester United,  so that will be at least six games missed by the Newcastle goalkeeper.

Alan Pardew had said this a couple of weeks ago about the intensity of the training at Benton:

“I met my staff, and we are going to change one or two things. We are pushing these players to the limit. We’re trying to get the maximum we can out of them, and if you do that, you are going to lose players here and there.

“The other players, you can tell, are really super-fit, and we’re strong. We still need a few more bodies back.¨ “As a group, we have to make sure we protect the players and give them the best possible chance to be at their maximum on a Saturday. We’re pushing the players, and we’re going to get injuries.¨

“We’re pushing them because we want them to be fitter and stronger than everybody else, and so you’ve got a balance there. We’ve just got to make sure we get that right, because we lost one or two that perhaps we shouldn’t have.”

It’s a bit of a catch 22 for Newcastle, and the manager will have to trade off having players injured – often for long periods – because of the intensity of the training – with the lads being a little less fit – but able to play for the side.

Newcastle have been top of the Premier League injury list for some weeks now – and we currently have 11 injuries, the same as Arsenal.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM

I’m worried the amount of injuries is coming from seriously dated training methods. Remember that picture in pre season of them training by racing and piggy backing other players?

That method isn’t even used in Sunday league anymore as it’s considered dangerous for muscular injuries. If they are doing stuff like that as a regular part of training, whilst it might breed camaraderie, it’s costing us injuries left right and centre.

• Sliema

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM

It’s a bit silly. There is and clearly has been a serious problem with injuries at our club for a good few years now.

I always half – remember when Albert Luque criticised the training pitches.

The numbers don’t lie. It’s a serious problem which hampers us every season. We need to get to the bottom of it, I can’t be rocket science.

• Shadow_Shearer

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Wasn’t it investigated why we picked up so many injuries, and it turned out to be cause Pardew was over working da players??
    This training pitch doesn’t seem to help, giving our players a bigger beating than tyson fury gave to chisora last night

• Sliema

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:45 PM

I certainly cannot be rocket science haha.

• toon kk

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Looking at our fixures it looks like another 7 defeats are on the cards.

Our great strength was our pace take Gabby and Aarons out and that badly weakens our team. Not to mention other injuries.

• cyprus

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Come on, draw them Everton, so we don’t slide further…

• cyprus

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Toon,
    our victories weren’t because of Gabby and Aarons, they’ve been bit part players, at best…

Now, Sissoko out, maybe even shaken by Arsenal rumours, that IS bad news.

• sing in the corner

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:05 PM

4Mister Tuff // Nov 30, 2014 at 3:03 PM

davetoon you posted earlier :-
    “Its like a schizophrenic help group”

Seems like a half decent description of the blog. The loonies can convince themselves that they are normal by asking the other loonies to confirm they are normal

I agreed with you that homophobic references are inappropriate. However, do you consider the above post from yourself as use of discriminatory terms concerning people with mental health problems? and agreeing with someone else who used a similar term? Double standards perhaps?

• Our Toon

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:14 PM

No plan B, yes we have injuries but we played a west ham team that have more injuries than us. I heard fans talking about the lack of pace in the squad now, well have a back up plan rather than sit back and counter. Hope I’m wrong but burnley away and chelski home are 2 more defeats unless certain favorites are removed and I’m referring to Gouffran, play another striker or a worst case scenario play Cabella. Gouffran is piss poor.

plan B people we need to find another way of winning and trying to take the game to opposition.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:19 PM

I haven’t been posting for quite a while (won’t change for the time being), but I actually watch the game yesterday – the first game since February!

…not going to dwell into it much – but as uninspiring as it was, I didn’t think we lost 12-0? The game probably looked much like the 6 we won prior to this game just with a negative outcome…

Take care lads!

• Ron Knee

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Welcome back, captain!

• Mister Tuff

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:34 PM

sing in the corner – I applaud your agreement with me that homophobic comments are not appropriate.
    My reference today to loonies was clearly not a generalisation but specific – which should be apparent if you have read the preceeding posts. I accept pehaps not a good term to use.
    I have often challenged/berated people on here for similar “transgressions” including several about those people Downs Syndrome and the use of certain words to descibe them.
    I have noted over time that perhaps your footballing posts do differ from mine. I suspect this is the reason you have taken the time to single me out for a scolding and therefore suggest that your “offence” in respect of my post is feigned.
    Where were you when I was challenging those using the phrase mongs.
    Where were you when I challenged the homphobes.
    Where were you when I challenged the gutter mouthed scumbags infesting our blog.
    Were you crossing the road to the other side or looking the other way.

• Reyantoon

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I wanna apologize to ‘markaccus’ though..
    Calling him sthg month’s ago…..cheers! cleaning up my hands!

• wolfshead@toon

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:45 PM

injuries are pardews fault he sits in a wheelchair and throws wrenches at them which they have to dodge

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Mister Tuff,
    There were a few people not only turning a blind eye to certain posters but defending them, maybe to avoid facing abuse themselves or the misguided and misjudged opinion that they were on the ‘pro Pardew’ side. Mag52 still hasn’t said anything about my calling him out for accusing me of snivelling to Ed, a bit like somebody accepting a spate of burglaries in their are as long as it’s not their house.

• jimmysmith

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:03 PM

I note we are now 9th, just above Liverpool and Everton and with a tough month ahead of us. Shearer had us finishing 11th or 12th before the weekend results, now I can see more clearly why. Five points separate 4th to 11th.

• sing in the corner

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Mr Tuff

re: …where were you…etc

I was reading, when time allowed, and agreeing wholeheartedly with the principles on which you questioned the use of those terms. You made very forceful points about those awful terms and in my opinion didn’t need anyone to cheer you on. But I would say in fact that you were picking those terms out because of old dislikes or disagreements you had with those posters Interestingly thats.something you are now levelling at me.
    But all of that wasn’t essentially my point. My point was that if you;re going to highlight discrimination and try to brow beat someone about it for your own ends, you can’t in the next breath use other discriminatory terms, however much you believe you are generalising.
    We probably do have very different opinions on football. Thats fine, no problem.

• jimmysmith

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Maybe defending their right to post. I’m hoping to see the return of Mag 92 and Jeff, arguing vigorously, but with less rancor.

• Reyantoon

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Dortmund slipped to bottom of bundesliga..
    Incredible!
    Klopp may head to Anfield?

• sing in the corner

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Injuries and suspensions…
    It will be interesting to see how Anita plays on Tues night, assuming Pardew puts him in there from the start. I can’t see how he couldn’t pick him now. Tough for Anita though, given his lack of game time and the fact that he comes into a depleted side. Its the chance for him some have been calling for.

• jimmysmith

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Anita is just too small it increasingly appears, at least for us, as we perhaps don’t or can’t play a game that suits his style. It makes you wonder how capable clubs scouting and recruitment is and players representatives are, because Anita is seemingly a good player in the wrong place. Seems to happen a lot.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Jail – as you say somefolk probably did not want to stick their heads above the parapet as they would become the targets.

sing – sometimes a bit of collective support from lads like yourself, speaking out might have resulted in some of the more offensive posters to be less offensive and more responsible.

• BandB

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:07 PM

I don’t think there has ever been a poster who has targeted regime Steady Eddies and fifteen sovs fans with a minute-by-minute stream of rancorous single-line abuse.
    In the interests of testing this admirable commitment to free speech, I was thinking of inventing one.

• Tsunki

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Well ballerfan reckoned I was a pessimist rather than a realist for reposting my thoughts on why we should be cautious about celebrating our winning streak based on the last 4 years of Pardew’s tactics. Sorry balletfan but perhaps you should watch a sport you half understand.

I just watched the game in full. Perez and even a rejigged back 4 were the best part of our setup, great save from elliot, amalfitano should have seen ref, although harmless in effect, a two footed, off the floor challenge from behind is a rule book red. Sissoko getting his head done completely negated the possible turnaround we could have seen from getting Cabella and Cisse on the pitch. After that it was mostly all hands in deck as west ham took advantage. A game of two very dire teams in which it could have been that result either way.

If Pardew had not shoehorned Tiote in from cold to create a deep lying come-and-get-us defensive shape and started with Anita instead, Cabella for Gouffran from the off and maybe not bothered with Cisse, we could have set up to have a go at these mugs instead of inviting them forward. This is Pardew of old, and it won’t go away.

I have a feeling we will beat Burnley though, but the fixtures after that are a perfect alignment to set us up got another record breaking beating by the dark forces. I don’t want it to happen, and I hope when we get some if the likes of Abeid back into the team we can get some firm back. But I doubt Pardew will resist putting his old crew and old shape back together again. That’s realism, accepting the probable. Pessimism is dreading the impossible.

• sing in the corner

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:13 PM

mister tuff

I know what you mean but as I say, I think one well made objection is as good as many in this case. I don’t want to police the blog. How arrogant would that be? But I am always moved to point out double standards if I see it. I’ve always disliked that in any walk of life so guess it comes out on the blog too. I usually only remember those individuals who have disrespected me previously or used some uncalled for put downs against people. Its not my style to respond to that at the time with counter insults or name calling. But the blog is healthy with diverse opinions. Vive le difference!?

• Tsunki

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Autocorrect is making my posts look more and more like Ronnie Barkers ‘mispronunciation’ sketch 🙁

• Tsunki

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:19 PM

What are we arguing about now?

• Reyantoon

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:20 PM

BandB…u just sworn in with no greeting!
    That’s unfair lol!

• Tsunki

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Jimmy smith – on the basis of quality alone, I would see no value at all to the return of jeff/ 92. This pc idea of ‘free speech’ goes too far when it insists on inflicting the odious upon us all.

• Tsunki

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Btw, Jesper, I know you are reading this you little Scallywag you – I feel your self-imposed exile to be more unfair than the ejection of the jeff and mag92 types, by a long long way.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I have a serious man crush on Andrea Pirlo like 🙂 .

Cool as a cucumber and one of my favourite footballers ever alongside Zidane . Plays in black & white as well 😉 .

• Mag52

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Jail.

I see you are still on about my remark requesting those (no names mentioned) who were crying to Ed to ban certain posters, to stop their snivelling.
    No regrets whatsoever for my comments, because I feel there’s something rather unhealthy going on if one or two posters can get together and get a fellow poster banned.
    We live in a country in which free speech has always been seen as important. There clearly have to be limits. IMO those limits had not been reached by the blogs I was reading.
    It’s probably not a coincidence that the poster banned was one holding different views from yourself.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:40 PM

What ed should do is ban all the moaners than moan to him, otherwise this will be a boring and quiet blog.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Anyway I want to do a poll

Hands up for one of my awesome jokes.

Come on now don’t be shy.

• BandB

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Mag52

Seven weeks ago Mag92 was the noisiest cheerleader for the “Pardew’s head on a spike” brigade.
    An anti-regime troll wouldn’t work, as it just isn’t funny, as the boys well know.
    The side-splitting hoot comes from watching earnestly upbeat fans thinking they are on your side.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Tsunki,
    Good post.
    Jimmy,
    Of course everyone has the right to post but there is a big difference between debating an opinion and using the blog as a springboard to constantly abuse posters whom you dislike or when someone challenges your opinion. Take Jeff from Benwell, in the two years he has been posting he has slated my opinions called me a mackem, a cnut and stated that I am fat and bald, not once Jimmy in those two years has he ever challenged my opinion without including one of those terms above. mag92 when challenged, if he did respond it was to call you a know nowt knackas
    that is not debate, and how a seemingly sensible poster like you thinks that type of behaviour is good for the blog is beyond me.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:51 PM

At the end of day it’s just words.

Words words words.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Time for a joke.

Husband (watching a video):
    Don’t do it! I swear you gonna regret it for the rest of your life. You stupid idiot! Don’t say yes. No! No! NOOO!! Aw dang, he actually did it! What a dumb ass!
    Wife: Honey, why you so mad? What’aya watching?
    Husband: Our wedding ceremony.

Ha ha ha

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Mag52,
    It shows that the whole thing has gone over your head, how can someone who is so pro and anti Pardew have opposing views to someone is one or the other. Without differing opinions the blog wouldn’t survive and without regular posters it certainly wouldn’t and what trolls tend to do is keep some regular posters away which of course is their attention. Also one or two posters can’t get someone banned, they can point out to Ed and he will judge whether that particular poster is constructive to the blog, in mag92s he obviously didn’t think he was.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:58 PM

When people go underwater in scary movies, I like to hold my breath and see if I would have survived that situation.
    I almost died in Finding Nemo.

Ha ha ha