Next Result Is Important – We Must Bounce Back Quickly

Newcastle had their six game winning streak ended at West Ham on Saturday, but you cannot accuse Alan Pardew of being too disheartened,  and the Newcastle manager is now talking about the next game, and that it’s important for the lads to bounce back quickly.

Alan Pardew West Ham United

Alan Pardew at Upton Park on Saturday

Some of the manager’s pronouncements in the press are obviously meant for his players,  and with Moussa Sissoko and Jack Colback suspended for the game on Tuesday night at Burnley, we’re not even sure who will come in – we have so many injuries right now.

Dutchman Vurnon Anita should see his first start for a while,  but who else will come into midfield is a good question – maybe Yoan Gouffran will drop back?

After today’s games Tottenham moved ahead of us with a good 2-1 win at home to Everton, and Newcastle are now in 9th place,  so it’s a four place drop with the defeat.

This is what the manager has said:

“I think there is going to be a lot of chopping and changing right up until the end of the season. We hope that we are at the right end.”

“I said to the team that the first goal in the Premier League is so important when the platform is so tight, which it was between the two teams.”

“We have won games against Liverpool and Spurs where it could have gone against us. We are thankful they didn’t on those occasions,  but we can’t be disappointed.”

“We would have liked to have played a little bit better than we did,  but the most important thing is to now to get the next result.”

“When we finished fifth, when I have had really good teams in the past, we have bounced back quickly.”

Newcastle are now in 9th place, but we still only  3 points off Manchester United in  4th place.

It would be good to win at Burnley,  because we then face a very difficult home game against Chelsea on Saturday afternoon, in the first Premier League game of the weekend.

Of course we did win this same fixture 2-0 last season, when Jose Mourinho said we deserved to win.

Can Newcastle add Chelsea to our list of scalps this season?

It’s possible.

Howay The Lads!!

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Average_Contents

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:36 AM

First fixture of the weekend. That means we’re on BT. Yay. Looks like I’ll be searching fox or any foreign channel for that matter. Anythings better than listening to Owen drone on. The blokes got the charisma of a fcuking knat.

• WestOzMag

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Not looking forward to the next match. No sissoko, no colback. Tiote is a waste, gouff is a waste. Cabella offers little if not nothing. Still though with a bit of hard work we can still win this. Against one of the worst teams in the league it should be 3 points no excuse.

• Average_Contents

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:47 AM

What part of “agreements not the issue” doesn’t it get? Healthy blog debate and differing views is good but unfortunately it supplys zero of either. I’m not arsed if nobody agrees with me. My point is it doesn’t have any points. Apart from

Ha ha ha

Oh and by the way like Jfa said. It can only get itself banned. How many times is that it’s been told this? 4? 5? Playing the wind up again.

Troll.

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:47 AM

This is one of the ones we must get 3 points from. This and the Derby game. Draws in the rest and that’s 29 points for Jan start. Maybe we’ll even pull off wins at Blues and Gunners, stranger things have happened.

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Welsh hasn’t posted yet so was that one at me Average?

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Average,

I must admit all this ” it” talk is a bit Silence of the Lambs.
    “It puts the lotion on it’s skin” Creepy Dude.

• Mister Tuff

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Canny – there was one “multiple poster” who came on pissed and forgot who he currently was and sent his post to himself. Despite trying to deny it his goose was cooked.
    Those little nuances in someone writings you mention and have noticed can lead to multiple posters being outed.
    It comes under the general heading of Linguistic Fingerpriting – a method of establishing the authorship of written documents. Whilst its not an infallible science it is pretty good for blog purposes and the like. Things like repeating mis -spellings, the message of the author, repeating punctuation errors, etc etc which are repeated under another name can be used to identify the true author. Sometimes I see similar styles etc and wonder – but cannot be bothered further as it’s a football blog not a spy agency.

• Average_Contents

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Of course not. We are having a debate, unfortunately it surrounds a troll but a debate none the less. Are you a space cadet? Does that make me a space cowboy?

I’m used to the telepathy so crack on. My wife does it on a daily basis with the added bonus of saying things I’ve never actually said. Great stuff.

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:55 AM

Back again. Just git in before the thunderstorms hit

• Average_Contents

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:58 AM

“it” implying “a thing” is often a term used to describe something of insignificance. Nothing creepy about that. If I were to refer to myself in third person, now that would be silence of the lambs. Clarice.

• Average_Contents

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Mick dundee returns lol

I’m knackered so I’m off. G’night all.

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Jeez Pat,
    Have you killed that poor Collie. 2hr walks. You missed some thrilling stuff. Life on Venus, the Troll spy network, Welsh went and then came back again.

Now, fellas, how many points are we gonna get from this December. 11 is top of the bottom at the mo so if they, depending on their fixture list do well and we don’t then we could be right back where we started.

• toonicle

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:19 AM

For me it’s no big surprise that Gouffran and Tiote come back into the team and our streak ends. Gouffran is totally absent on the field and Tiote offers very little besides a tough tackle that usually earns a yellow. Sissoko plays better in the middle with colback and someone like Abeid on either side.

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Hinny

Stopped off and had a coffee on the beach front pet.

Unusually for me, I was starting to get a bot hot under the collar after some of the allegations made against me tonight so rather than get embroiled in any nastiness, I thought it better to take the dog for a walk and cool down

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Hinny

Regarding the number if points, before saturday, I would have said we would be over 30 by the turn of the year.

I have serious doubts about even 26 points now

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Toonicle,

Agreed but considering who was fit. There wasn’t a lot of options certainly Tiote wise and Sissoko’s sending off was far from Glorious but would suspect that was so he’d miss Burnley and not Chelsea.

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Expat

Thought you’d gone a bit early today. Seemed like it went on forever tonight like. It gets pretty close to the line aswell and then it’s hard to find funny. Looked back through the chat before and couldn’t see why they suddenly swung on you. Were you being less than gentlemanly?

• toonicle

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Very true but hopefully going forward as Abeid and others are back I hope Tiote doesn’t stay as an automatic choice. Sissoko and colback as holding mids or a middle three with Abeid in there seems to be the best set up.

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Toonicle,

Be sorry to see Tiote go but as I’m always being told on here there is no room for sentiment and he has slipped in form of late. Apparently teams sniffing round Sissoko for 15 mil. Ashley will be more likely to sell him if the past is anything to go by.

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Hinny

Not at all. I was being my humourous self and all I said to your fellow female poster was hello and then her reply was the equivalent to a tirade which was totally unexpected and uncalled for.

I agreed to stop posting to her but she continued on a similar vein resulting in me giving her a curt warning and to cease defamatory comments immediately. Subsequently, She did and seemed to leave.

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Off to lunch now. Don’t say anything important till I get back. LOL. Sometimes I craxck myself up. Oh my.

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Ha just kidding. 3 more m inutes

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:58 AM

I don’t get it I’m sure she’s nice enough but a little sensitive I think.
    Everyone on here is basically a stranger. I’m not going to let people I don’t know upset me.

Dec 1, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Was talking with Tuff earlier about these people who have heaps of different log ins and basically, from what I gather, just argue with themselves.
    God could ya be bothered? bloody sure I couldn’t

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2014 at 2:02 AM

Canny

Enjoy your lunch hinny.

Dec 1, 2014 at 2:47 AM

4 ciggies and a coffee and I’m back.
    I’m just the poster child for healthy LOL

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:06 AM

Hinny

Been off the smokes for 3 months now.

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:08 AM

Good on ya. Stopped for 3 months a couple of years back and put on 10kg.
    Discovered this whole new sensation called hungry!!
    Back down to 60 now but still smoking.

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:08 AM

Canny

Fortunately, my life isnt ruled by a computer, let alone a blog.

Some people need to get a life away from NUFC……lol

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:10 AM

Hinny

My missus is 56 kilos. I am much much bigger….lol

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:10 AM

Lots of people go running here at lunchtimes. Not even anyone chasing them. Very odd!!
    Run from no one I say. Hehe.

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:10 AM

Think your lass is a bit younger than me mate.

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Doesn’t that mean there’s just more of you for her to love, Pat

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:13 AM

Wor lass is 38

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Geordieland must be sleeping Pat, or our craic is just that crap no ones joining in.
    You probably off your your nana nap now too. I’ll get back to helping this lot run the country.
    Tomorraz kid.

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:16 AM

Yeah so she is younger than me.

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:17 AM

Aye. She is a canny lass for a russian. I have no complaints with her at all. Never have and probably never will. She presented me with the most beautiful daughter who is just as smart as her mum…..lol

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:17 AM

and you’re 60. How’d ya manage that one. She got early onset Cataracts or you just keep her pi$$ed all the time.
    You silver fox 🙂

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:18 AM

Mail order then you old rouge 🙂

• expatmag

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:18 AM

Hinny

Got the dinner to get ready and the bairn to pick up from school soon. Granny nap?????