Newcastle’s Newest Star Can Help Get Result Against Chelsea

Algerian U23 International Mehdi Abeid made his comeback from the broken toe he picked up while with the full Algerian squad, and the 22 year-old put in yet another impressive performance for the first team.

Mehdi Abeid Burnley stephen ward

Mehdi Abeid challenges Stephen Ward at Turf Moor

The 22 year-old had this to say today about Tuesday night, and about the game against Chelsea:

“I just trained on Monday. To play this game at Burnley was great. I was feeling good. I did have some pain, but I can deal with it.” “I think I had a good game, and I was pleased.”

“It was a great point,”  “It was a really difficult to come and play here with the atmosphere. We played against a good team. It was good to come here and have a draw.”

“We could do better, but unfortunately we didn’t.”  “It was difficult first half, but second half we did great. We tried to play some good football and showed some character in the second half.”

“We have to keep our head up and look forward to the game against Chelsea. Let’s see against Chelsea.”  We have to keep going that way and get better each game.”

“I really want to play a lot of games for Newcastle. I’m pleased to play this many games, and I want to play many more in the future.”  Maybe we can surprise Chelsea!” “We’re at home with our fans. It can be good for us – our fans can help us.”

“We have a lot of injuries, but we have great players here, and we can swap,”  “We can deal with injuries.”

The stats in the Burnley game backed up the perception that Mehdi had another excellent game, and he had  87% of his passes completed and was never dispossessed.

And if Cheick Tiote does stay at Newcastle past January, and Mehdi keeps improving,  then Cheick will have his work cut out to keep his first team place.

We hope that Mehdi stays in the side against Chelsea, although we do have Sissoko and Colback coming back from suspension, so it could be three from four – Cheick, Mehdi, Moussa and Jack – who start the game on Saturday.

We love the competition in Newcastle’s central midfield right now.

A surprising fact is that Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has never won a game at St. James’ Park,  and we know Newcastle will be going all out to get a result in front of a sell-out St. James’ Park crowd.

It should be  a great game for Newcastle fans on Saturday afternoon in the early 12:45 pm kickoff game, and if we can get a good result – we’ll be flying high.

Very high.

Howay The Lads!!

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• nut meg

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Repost
    It’s not impossible to win this game but IMHO it’s unlikely.I’d be happy with a point but in football anything can happen.The bottom line is it’s eleven V eleven so it’s not a given that Chelsea’s going to go back with the 3 points.Our strikers are no match for them physically but with movement & pace we can make it uncomfortable for them.A performance is needed & I’m keeping my fingers crossed hoping for the best.

• Mag52

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Worth a mention that Hull got a good point away to Everton yesterday. No sign of the ‘maestro’ HBA.
    Looks like Bruce could be reaching the same conclusion Pardew reached at the beginning of the season.

• welshgeordie9

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Come on pardew get 3 points for us postive fans which you got by beating spurs and Liverpool, which some fans for some strange reason can’t remember us doing.

• Pugwash

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Obviously we will be second favourites to get a result against Chelsea but the important thing is that the players start the game believing they can and that will be down to Pardew.

I think it is inevitable that we will set up defensively with the hope of keeping them quiet and snatching a winner on the break. That will be a tough ask but you never know

• beermonkey

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:25 AM

welsh

u forgot we have beaten a very good city side as well

• Sliema

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Welsh

Who can’t remember that we beat Spurs or Liverpool?

Some of us can actually remember beyond the last few weeks believe it or not. Some of us even remember the last 4 years too!

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Ben Arfa has clearly lost his passion for football. He looks a shadow these days. It’s probably dawned on him finally that he just didn’t have what it takes to reach the top.

It’s a shame as I was excited to see how he could fit into our squad this season but have to say Ameobi has taken that wide man role over. I’ve been really impressed with Ameobi, obviously there are areas he needs to work on but some of his crossing, dribbling and through balls have been sublime.

• beermonkey

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Sliema

welsh has a selective memory and cant remember that he used to bitch and moan about the silver haired one like every1 else

• jimmysmith

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:38 AM

That story about the King interests me. I don’t disbelieve it, nor do I take it at face value. Pardew I think is self confident. That’s not a failing in a manager by any measure. He was never the greatest player, yet got himself into top level management early. I think you need a certain self belief to do that and pull it off, which he did. You still see an arrogant streak from time to time. I don’t think its a bad thing overall, and was probably necessary to get him by when he was younger, but with age and maturity has come greater humility, or apparently so, and of course experience. His best years in management are quite possibly still to come.

• WLtoon

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I watched Chelsea last wkend and an average team made them look ordinary.
    I hope we show them no respect and try and win the game instead of pussyfooting about playing for a point.
    We are at home and playing well enough to give Chelsea something to worry about.
    I would drop Tiote and play Abeid with Colback and Sissoko who will be back.
    Tiote was poor at Burnley, Abeid played well AGAIN, so its not a hard decision really.
    Play the form players, not your favourites Pardew and we have a good chance.