Revealed – How Pardew Changed The Game At Burnley

Newcastle United did not play well on Tuesday night in the first half, and we couldn’t seem to put a couple of decent passes together, but that all changed in the second half with the introduction of Steven Taylor and Remy Cabella and Newcastle played very well and probably  did enough to have won the game – with a little bit of luck.

papiss cisse scores burnley

Papiss Cisse – after equalizing at Burnley

Papiss Cisse equalized three minutes into the second half with a good opportunist goal,  from another pinpoint cross from right-back Daryl Janmaat that Yoan Gouffran completely missed,  and the Dutchman has quite a few assists already this season, and is making Newcastle fans quickly forget about a certain Mathieu Debuchy.

That was Cisse’s fifth goal in just seven appearances for the Magpies this season, and the natural goalscorer has revealed what manager Alan Pardew told the lads at half time:

“We just kept kicking the ball long in the first half and made things very difficult for ourselves. But the gaffer changed things at half-time and that helped us get back in the game.”

“At half-time the manager said that we had to keep the ball and play – play all the time, at every chance.” “We knew we would get back in the game by playing football rather than kicking it long, and when we did that we scored straightaway.”

“I’m happy so far with five goals. I always try to do my best for the team, and if my goals can help us get a point or three points then I am doing my job on the pitch.”

Newcastle have been playing some good football over the last couple of months – and at least my Doctor thinks we are the best team to watch in  the Premier League – so obviously we must be good. 😀

We will need to have Cisse in good form on Saturday against Chelsea,  if we are going to have any chance of getting anything out of what promises to be a tough game for the lads against Jose Mourinho’s much improved side this season.

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• 70TWO

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Is this what Pardew means by putting the ball at risk?
    – its not sexy, its risky!

Cisse revealed: “We just kept kicking the ball long in the first half and made things very difficult for ourselves. But the gaffer changed things at half-time and that helped us get back in the game.

• 70TWO

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Sorry, I didn’t need the quote to support my case the second time round.

• geordie157

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:13 AM

On darlow, seen him a lot over the past year or so and he looks to have the making of a great keeper, he’s a very confident keeper nothing seems to phase him, great reflexes too.

Lascelles is good too, a little bit naive at times bit he has that turn of pace to makeup for it. I think if streete hasn’t had the injuries he’s suffered he’d be at the same level as lascelles.

Hopefully good and streete can step up, that would give us some depth and wilo can move on. I’d still like to see one more brought in like Jeffrey Gouweleeuw who is composed, can play centre back, right back and dm.

• ilovetoon8788

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Erm.. Pardew actually told them to play hoofball in the first half?

• jimmysmith

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:27 AM

If teams press and shut down then the long ball becomes the only clear option. I assume Cisse is saying Pardew wants them to knock it about even at the risk of losing possession in dangerous areas, and that’s why Willo and Peres were pulled. Willo for repeatedly knocking it long, and Peres for not providing an outlet.

I’ve never thought Pardew sets us up deliberately to hoof it, as much as the players have been harried into the long ball by the opposition. I do think Colback and Abeid have helped us play a lot less long ball stuff though.

• 70TWO

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:27 AM

geordie157 – the situation would indicate that we should already have enough central defenders to avoid having to buy another one.

ilovetoon8788 – indirectly yes, but certainly sent out with a lack of clear understanding as to what they should be doing to compete in the first half.

• beermonkey

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:29 AM

70two

do you think its a dig at the manager

• 70TWO

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM

No wonder, AP only had three days to implement a tactical strategy and the white board pen ran out of ink.

• bladeuser

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:58 AM

So this is why there r still pardew lovers out there its his tacticle genius decisions like lads the ball is spending to much time in the air . I know lets keep it on the ground but that means u have to pass it .willo can you do that .eh i will try boss but that is a bit alien to me thats why i am shit but u keep me in the team because i thought u liked me to hoof it .i do willo but sometimes to score a goal it needs to be near the ground i rest my case on this moron pardew out