I Believe In Myself – I Need To Score Lots Of Goals

We expect Papiss Cisse to start the game against Premier League leaders Chelsea tomorrow – and that will be the first time he has started since the game at Tottenham on 1st November.

Papiss- Cisse scores at Burnley

Papiss Cisse – I need top score a lot of goals

Chelsea looked in formidable form on Wednesday night at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday and Alan Pardew was at the game, but they were held to a 0-0 at Sunderland last weekend – the first time they hadn’t scored in a game this season.

Papiss scored a nice opportunist goal from a Daryl Janmaat cross early in the second half at Turf Moor on Tuesday night – had this to say in the Shields Gazette today:

“Maybe Newcastle will beat them on Saturday!” “All the players know this team is the big one this year.”  “If you play this team, you need to be clear in your head about your job.”

“You need to play well, and maybe you win the game.” “It’s a big game. We need to be ready, because Chelsea will give us a very hard game.”

“I know the players will be ready for this game.” “All the time I like to score goals – a lot of goals – but it’s a little bit hard for me at the moment.”

“I try my best to do well and work hard.” “I just need to be myself. I believe in myself. I need to score a lot of goals.”

Cisse usually does well against Chelsea,  and he scored two goals against them in 2012, when he was in sensational form after arriving in January of that year from SC Freiburg, and we beat Chelsea 2-0 away.

At the moment,  Papiss is still troubled by that knee of his,  but as he plays more games, it should become more comfortable.

Scoring goals will probably help the pain subside too. 😀

Let’s hope Papiss is on form tomorrow.

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Sav

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM

We hope so, too, Papiss! HT – and shout out for the Spartans who kept their FA Cup dream alive tonight.

• Charlietoon

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Calm down Ed, Jose is spot on. I don’t think we have not scored a goal in the first 30 minutes of a game all season. We are starting games like there is nothing to play for.

• toonincheek

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Cisse’s knack is getting a goal out of nothing.

And as that is probably what we will be creating, it seems logical to play him!

• expatmag

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Sav

Aarons….6 minutes v Man City in the cup

• Brutooon

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:46 AM

maybe he should learn how to CONTROL the ball first?

• Obertans_on_roids

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Brutooon,
    Same amount of goals as both Rooney and Hazard. He’s averaged a goal every 85 minutes for us this season. Give him a break ffs.

• jimmysmith

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Our Toon, I’d say that there are many players who have improved at Newcastle, in the EPL, under Pardew as manager, I think that is the important distinction, not necessarily because of Pardew, that’s hard to quantify, but at Newcastle, in the EPL, with him as manager. But agreed, Cisse wouldn’t appear to be one of them.

I think Ba and Remy, did though. Even Ba when he went through that barren spell playing wide to accommodate Cisse centrally, played very well, and neither player had attracted the serious attentions of Chelsea, before they played well for us.

• sing in the corner

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:12 AM

I agree with your angle about Cisse Jimmy…

Far too laid back..I know he’s not a dominant type of player but.I’d love to see him put himself about a bit, get a bit nasty with defenders,,. Basically get up their noses a bit. Its all a bit nice with him. Some other strikers of varying quality like Dickov, Mark Hughes, Bellamy…must have annoyed the hell out of the opposition and gave them something else to think about

• jazzyp

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:13 AM

I see Benny has fallen foul of yet another manager. When will the guy learn that the world doesnt revolve around him. And that his selfish ways will be his eventual downfall.
    Such a pity for a wasted talent

• beermonkey

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:20 AM

jazzyp

morning how are you??

what old benny done now

• nufcursed

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Ed what have you been smoking??
    he started last game at burnley!!

• Go toon gooooo

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Demba Cisse?Ask Petr Cech 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Brutoon,
    You had an unhealthy obsession with Shola plenty of digs at Tiote and now Cisse, is it Africa you don’t like ?

• Go toon gooooo

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Alan Pardew and Steve Bruce can work with James Perch,Williamson,Zamora and other low league players.Ben Arfa, is something else.And Mascherano and Tevez too.

• jazzyp

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Ben arfa has upset virtually every manager he has worked under, inc the french national boss and staff.
    A pattern emerging do you not think ???

Morning Beermonkey… Hope ya well pal !!

• beermonkey

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:31 AM

jazzyp

all good apart from living in santa’s grotto real heavy frost as well so its bloody cold

but I am looking forward to the game

• jazzyp

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Beermonkey
    You gone overboard with the chrimbo decorations then lol.
    Must be a wide spread frost over the country today bud as we have it in the mids as well. Dont seem 2 minutes since i was holidaying down your neck of the woods in beaut weather.
    Never mind will be back down again 1st week july next year. Ya got all the prezzies sorted for missus and kids, or are ya a late shopper ??