He’s Not Happy About Being Taken Off

There was a report in the Daily Mail a couple of days ago that Hull City manager Steve Bruce was not happy with Hatem Ben Arfa, after he dragged him off some 9 days ago in  the game against Manchester United – because the Frenchman wasn’t working hard enough for the side.

hatem ben arfa

Hatem Ben Arfa – not working hard enough

It turns out the report was not entirely accurate,  and Steve Bruce came out over the weekend to say there are no problems between the two men:

“There’s no bust-up – of course he’s not happy about being taken off but he’s got to be treated like everyone else and win his spurs back by trying hard and getting back in the team.”

“He didn’t hurt enough at Old Trafford to be among the substitutes at Goodison Park or today. His attitude is OK and I haven’t got any problems with his personality,  but he simply has to roll his sleeves up and work for the cause.”

“There is no disputing he has got ability but ability is not enough at this level,  so he will be treated like everyone else. We will see what December and January brings, and I will sit down with him and see where we are.”

Those are wise words from Steve Bruce, and they should be heeded by the Frenchman – for his own good.

There  are reports Ben Arfa’s  loan spell is only through January, but it was reported last August of being a season long loan, so if it’s only until January maybe he could still be sent back to Newcastle next month?

Ben Arfa has also responded to the news about his failing relationship with Bruce on Instagram:

“I just wanted to clarify my situation.” “I have no problem with my coach (Bruce). This is someone that I love,  that I respect and I admire!”

It’s important for Ben Arfa’s failing career that he does well this season, because he becomes a free agent in the summer when his contract runs out at Newcastle, and he will want to attract some top clubs.

But this sort of thing will not help him do that.

But the 27 year-old seems to be listening to Bruce, and he would do well to follow the experienced Geordie’s advice – Steve Bruce knows what he’s talking about.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• welshgeordie9

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I can see him coming back here from his loan in January, speaking of loans do anyone on here know how marveaux is doing where ever he is.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Welsh,
    He was doing okay for Guingamp, but is now injured with either a hamstring or groin problem.

• jimmysmith

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Great photo! He looks the very of picture of robust health. Gabriel Obertan he ain’t, and a Newcastle player he’ll never be again, as it should be.

• welshgeordie9

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Lilongwe Geordie

Thanks for that mate.

• welshgeordie9

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:41 AM

jimmysmith

It’s a shame it didn’t work out, quality player but needs a kick up the backside.

• iow toon

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:45 AM

we should let him go for free in jan ,get shot if he comes back it will only upset the applecart.

• jimmysmith

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Ample backside. Actually, I think the weight suits him, as he’s very strong and difficult to knock off the ball, alas, the well documented lack of preparedness to put in a consistent shift. Ego, immaturity, low self esteem, lack of integrity, who knows what’s behind it, but there is something missing and really, despite the handful of astonishing performances, was a regrettable signing, who held the side back, in my view. If anything I think Pardew was too loyal toward him.

• Wayayman

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Couple of points, as the blog is moving fast this morning… 😉

Ings looks like a player, his all-round game is very good. I like how he runs the channels for the team, creating space for the attacking midfielders. He’s also very good with the ball at his feet, good skills and sees a pass very quickly and is as much a creator as a goal scorer. With the right partner he could be lethal up top. He will probably and rightly be in the England team by the Spring so if we really want him, January would be the time – although I can’t see Burnley selling their star man and best chance of survival before the end of the season which means they will get good money for him in the Summer so that effectively rules him out for us.

On Alnwick, the kid has nothing to lose I think. He’s young, mentally strong by the sounds of it and has the opportunity to play for his home town club for 3 or 4 games at least. No one will blame him if he makes mistakes (due to lack of prem experience) but then again everyone makes more of saves he does make beacuse he’s young and inexperienced. Remember Krul V Palermo years ago when Given & Harper were out? He was 18 I think, played an absolute blinder and that set him up for the start of his career later on.
    How good was it to see 5 Geordies on the pitch last weekend, even if it was for only half an hour until Saylor’s expected over excitement.

• saliba91

Dec 8, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Some of the best teams in the have
    flair players. Not Jonas work horses on each wing with no end production. Obviously bennys made his own bed. But I still think We miss that bit class going forward. I no there’s the argument of strain on the full backs with this type of player but f####ck me it was exciting wasn’t it.

• saliba91