Newcastle May Not Have Good Case To Get Emergency Loan

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew said after the 2-1 win over Chelsea on Saturday afternoon that young Jak Alnwick would be in goal at the Emirates on Saturday,  against an under-performing Arsenal side who lost 3-2 at Stoke over the weekend and are level on point with Newcastle.

john carver higs jak alnwick

John Carver to Jak Alnwick – you were great!

But Newcastle still have an option of trying to bring in another more experienced goalkeeper on an emergency loan, but they would have to apply for permission to the Premier League to do that.

And the Tyneside club  may not have a very good case because Jak is 21 years old,  and Newcastle’s third choice goalkeeper – it’s not as if he is a 17 year-old.

Other clubs – like Hull as one example – have lost their top two goalkeepers through injury, and had to play their third choice in the Premier League this season.

The Premier League allows such emergency loans in what are described as  “exceptional circumstances” – so that’s very subjective.

What we expect Newcastle to do is to make some inquiries this week to see who may be available to come in for say a six-week loan, but if Jak plays on Saturday and plays well – there is more reason to believe we will stick with the local lad.

Newcastle will need to make a decision soon, because it would make it more difficult to get a new goalkeeper in,  if we play Jak in the next two games,  and then ask to have a replacement brought in on loan – if Jak doesn’t play well.

In our poll,  Newcastle fans think that Jak will do just fine.

Can Jak Alnwick Get The Job Done For Newcastle?

Loading ... Loading ...

But it’s also asking an awful lot from a youngster who has no experience at all in the Premier League to come in and play in some huge games for the Magpies.

We have league games at Arsenal and Manchester United coming up,  plus a home game against Sunderland – all in the next few weeks.

We’ll not even mention the Capital One Cup tie at Tottenham a week on Wednesday.

And to a large extent it’s Newcastle’s own fault that the club didn’t have three experienced goalkeeper in their squad for this season as Hull City had, and they were able to get through their mini-injury crisis.

The other factor here is that if Newcastle bring in a new goalkeeper, it’s not really showing confidence in the youngsters – who have done great for the first team so far this season – and is one of the major tenets of our strategy.

Alan Pardew could say something about whether the club will seek an emergency loan deal maybe tomorrow, when he’s back at work after the manager, coaches and players took a (very) well deserved two days off.

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Thump

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:37 PM

I’d like us to stick with Jak and see what we he can do for us, but on the same note, we have Sunderland fast approaching… will Elliot be fit for that?

• Ian Toon

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Mr Tuff – yours earlier. Don’t try and kid a kidder by using my often used terminology in your posting to me- LOL. Mind, you’ve been producing a lot of drivel and dross of late- constantly being overshadow by your boyhood friend from the colonies. Incidentally, if you want to be respected then you need to respect young posters as well as the Seniors. I am not fawning over Pardew- your the one calling him King. Your view of ‘fawning’ is Lilongwe’s more measured ‘ give credit where it’s due’.
    As for me being a fickle fan – again using my “flip flop fickle fan” I employed on a number of now totally embarrassed posters. I know you loathe the ‘ I told you so’ approach but a number on here did buy into self sufficiency as only being achievable( under the current regime) through growing our own. Pardew has delivered on this , with the help of Beardsley and on the fourth anniversary it’s probably a good time to acknowledge his achievement. I do believe this is the best squad we have had in his time but certainly could benefit from an additional top draw CB and ST which tequila and others have stated for a long while.
    My work commitments mean I have less time to devote to all things toon. Nothing to do with me being a fickle fan – my family would disown me. This has been a long weekend for me my last this year it just so happened to coincide with a marvellous toon performance. It’s the where were you moment – like your presence at the Relief of Mafeking. Seriously though:
    – did you come over from the wild side?
    – were you the secretary of the Charlie Hurley fan club in your teens?
    – who is Charlie Hurley? ( careful this is a trick question!)
    Anyway I am away out of toon. I will be reading the blog so mind you up your game. More balance and less entrenched thinking – you know it makes sense.
    Enjoy yourself and HWTL.

• Graeme

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Surely, it doesn’t matter who we are playing in the next 6 – 8 games. He’s a young player, risen up through the ranks of NUFC – why wouldn’t he play them?? He has the same size area to cover, the Goal, that he has always had, nothing has changed.

The pace of the attack he will be facing is probably a bit quicker than usual for him, but the defenders in front of him are also a hell of a lot better than he usually plays behind.

He has a chance to prove he has what it takes so he should be given that chance, otherwise, what’s the point of him being there??

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:13 PM

@2,
    ??????

• Mister Tuff

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Ian Toon – poor reply you really didn’t have to post it twice.
    Again more generalised froth, foaming from the mouth like a rabid dog.
    Who are these disrespected junior bloggers you speak of -name names – please supply your data list of the ages of the sites’ bloggers in order to justify your assertions.
    I thank you for your information about being busy at work – thank the Lord -I take it that’ll mean no more tall tales of meeting Hammers fans in the pub and less time for your optical fashion advice to people who do not have an optician.
    I think you would attract a better response from other posters if you did not embellish your posts with your unashamed fawning, quite gut wrenching at times.
    Will be better received if you stick to a strict analytical style leave out the froth.

• Ian Toon

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Mr Tuff – You blew it. A bit like Miliband forgetting to mention the budget deficit and immigration in his Conference speech.
    I take it you will not be responding to my post!

• LGFUAD21

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:37 PM

JFA

Follow up on earlier comments re: defensive record.

I stand corrected. It was third highest number of clean sheets behind City and United.

Our defensive record overall pitted us 8th I think

• LGFUAD21

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Not worried about Alnwick being in for the derby if it has to be that way.

He knows what its about being from the area and Sunderland are creating much at the moment.

If we can take a few more points of teams like Arsenal and Manure they’ll be trembling in their boots. Plus they’ve lost a lot of the players that turn up only for that occasion.

Hopefully Ameobi will follow in his brother’s footsteps and become Mackem slayer 2.

• mag92

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Newcastle United, played Arsenal, on the 29th of December, 2012, and lost 7-3!

• Thump

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:56 PM

@LGFUAD: Sammy can’t be the Mackem Slayer, he’s the Morcambe Slayer.

• mag92

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Saturday, October 3rd, 1925, Newcastle United, won 7-0, against Arsenal!

• mag92

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Carroll, for the Mags, would be a good signing. Perez, would thrive on his knock-downs, it would be Shearer, and Bellamy, again!

• Transfer Sage

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Can’t see us getting an emergency loan approved when we have Alnwick, although may let us as we will struggle for a bench keeper really.

Schwarzer would do a good job for a month or so, would mourinho let him come though after the way the ball boys carried on haha

• lesh

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:48 PM

IanToon

Did you post about meeting Hammers fans in pubs or is Mr Tuff confusing you with me posting about Chelsea fans’ pub-based reactions to Saturday’s result?

• magpie6699

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:51 PM

I was at the game on Saturday and thought Alnwick did very well.
    But I must have missed a lot. Apparently a Mr Moo-rinho saw a cow parking a bus and then the cow played with 2 footballs with the crowd and the ballboys – or was it none? Anyway, Mr Moo-rinho says he doesn’t want it to happen again.

• Mister Tuff

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:07 PM

lesh – have you prepared a list yet of the bad people on the blog and those that have been driven off – as you stated the other day.I have not confused you and Ian Toon -you both seem unable/unwilling to support sweeping generalisations with a bit of evidence to back it up. Simple request I would have thought. I think it can be legitimately argued that if you cannot back up statements they must be firmly placed in the opinion box.

• toonicle

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:12 PM

I’d like to see us still with Alnwick instead of an emergency loan deal, the back 4 have generally been solid in our run of 10 games here and even Krul wasn’t being tested a whole bunch when he was fit because of our strength in the back 4.

• croftus5678

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:14 PM

tbf that was the best of alnwick !

he’s been prone to very silly mistakes for the last 2 seasons now after much hype in his younger years of him being the next shay given.

imo woodman is already better and tbf i wouldnt mind him getting some experience even though it may be a learning curve for him and it may not be an easy ride for him but i fell woodman is our next home grown keeper of great quality so we may aswell push him into sticky situations when needed to progress him a bit faster.

• Average_Contents

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM

We’re No28 in the draw tonight lads n lasses. 7PM on BBC2. What’s the betting we get an away tie?

Jeffrey, just incase your not busy plucking the hairs from your palms, your teams No37. Or was it 26! Who the fcuk knows.

• optimistic prime

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:17 PM

I want Gateshead in the draw

• welshgeordie9

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I was having dinner with my boss and his wife and she said to me, “How many potatoes would you like Tim?”. I said “Ooh, I’ll just have one please”. She said “It’s OK, you don?t have to be polite” “Alright” I said “I’ll just have one then, you stupid cow”

Ha ha ha

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:21 PM

OP,
    I want the mackems to get Blyth away, although there’s a few mackems in Blyth

• mag92

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Blyth, deserve Wrexham, away!

• Average_Contents

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:25 PM

OP

To be honest I’m not really arsed as long as it’s a home tie mate although that would be nice. If memory serves me right, in both cup competitions we’ve only played 3 at home in recent seasons. Leeds, Cardiff and Citeh. That’s piss poor. Haven’t we played every carling cup match away this season too? Unlucky that.

• mag92

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:30 PM

NUFC, will probably draw Manchester United!

• Ian Toon

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Lesh- No I didn’t post on anything about West Ham fans . He’s just looking to find anything to complain about. He’s been rattled by his boyhood mate revealing things he doesn’t want to admit too.
    We’ve got some strange fans who appear to want to dampen down spirits following a magnificent win. Well they have lost the plot.
    Mr Tuff and JFA are fighting a losing battle.

• optimistic prime

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:33 PM

JFA

The psychic in Blyth reckons their getting Chelsea mate, so the mackems will have to play the smoggies.

• Ian Toon

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Mr Tuff- Despite what you might think I am trying to be helpful. Anyone else might suggest that you can dish it out but can’t take it back.
    Calm down dear.

• Mister Tuff

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Ian Toon – apologies if you have not ever posted about just happening to meet by chance various opposition fans in the pub after the match who all extol the virtues of King Percy which by coincidence echoes what you think about the King. Very strange indeed.
    I will now be looking out for another Ian Toon on the blog who posted exactly as above. Must be a duplicate poster again.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Ian Toon,
    That is another outlandish statement, show me once where I have tried to dampen spirits after a win.

• optimistic prime

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Ac

Away yes but it plays into Pardews hand for how he likes to set up.

If we get past spurs is the semi is 2 legs?

• welshgeordie9

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:59 PM

i wish I had two fishing rods.

• sing in the corner

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Shearer’s drawing the balls OOT. Got to be an omen. Here we go for a cup double. Its like buses man….

• lesh

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Mister Tuff

I will endeavour to bear your opinion in mind but I must say that I have more to occupy my time than noting the names of mischief-makers and absentees.

Given your interest in such data, perhaps you could be formally recognised as the Blog’s Official Records Executor!

• welshgeordie9

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:02 PM

i bet anyone on here we will have one of the following teams and it will be an away match, it happens every bloody year.

Man Utd
    Man City
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Spurs or
    Liverpool

• welshgeordie9

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Nice one, shearer is doing the away teams, don’t mess this up now shearer.

• Mister Tuff

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:06 PM

BLOG WANTED POSTER*************

Fellow bloggers please be on the look out for a scurrilous fellow who appears on the blog now and again – recently only after Toon wins. This fellow posts as Ian Toon (mark 2 version) and is known to be a fawning accolyte of King Percy. He often posts about meeting oppostion fans in the pub and is known to offer free optical fashion advice to persons who do not have an optician or cannot find their way to the local Spec Savers.
    Wanted for questioning about dodgy posts.

• welshgeordie9

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Mister Tuff

Have you been drinking tonight.

• lesh

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Ian Toon

Mmmmm, if you didn’t post about WHU fans but seem to have been confused with me and Chelsea fans……

• Mister Tuff

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:15 PM

lesh – thank you for your reply -really no need to prepare historic lists of the blog offenders – just mention them as you go along – that will do quite nicely.
    No need to bestow any formal titles upon me – my work on the blog is purely to show some balance.