Poll Results – Can Jak Alnwick Get The Job Done?

Newcastle fans seem to be confident that 21 year-old local lad Jak Alnwick can get the job done at Newcastle, when Tim Krul and Rob Elliot are out with injury.

Jak Alnwick Chelsea

Jak Alnwick taking charge on Saturday in the second half

82% have faith in the Hexham-born goalkeeper following his fine performance in the second half on Saturday, in Newcastle’s fantastic 2-1 win over Chelsea.

Can Jak Alnwick Get The Job Done For Newcastle?

Loading ... Loading ...

We hope to get a more accurate prognosis on the injury to Rob Elliott and Tim Krul – to see when either goalkeeper can return.

But it looks like Jak will be in goal for some very important games coming up this month, including the next four games at Arsenal on Saturday, at Tottenham in the Capital One Cup the following Wednesday, at home to Sunderland and then at Manchester United.

What a debut of games for the 21 year-old.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• scout

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Keep the beard though lad

• JamesToon

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Team for arsenal:

Alnwick
    Janmaat-Coloccini-Dummett-Haidara
    Abeid-Colback
    Aarons-Cabella-Ameobi
    Cisse

• Magpie Myles

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:38 PM

• LGFUAD21

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:38 PM

mag92

I’ve long maintained Saylor and Colo is our best CB partnership and a formidable one when they can stay fit together for a good run.

We had one of the best defensive records in the league a couple of years ago with them two.

Saylor always overcompensates when he gets back from injury.

I am worried about Arsenal though. They always have that one game where they fall apart and come back strong. I think Stoke may have been that and Sanchez and Welbeck will really make whoever plays CBs day difficult with their agility.

Add to that, Wilshere is out so Ramsey is finally able to get into the box more. (Those two cannot play together at all).

Koscielny will also be back and Arsenal’s defence always look woeful without him.

• JAMSHA(PARDEW SLAYER)

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:40 PM

i would drop cisse for perez, his nt fully fit yet, 2nd half replacemnt for cabella

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM

So looking ahead Arsenal is a tough place to go missing Sissoko and Tatylor and possibly Collo the team picks it’s self but what will he do for the spuds game given we have a healthy 23 points on the board – will we play a full strength side given the fact the derby game – I hope he puts out a strong team in the cup as this could be our season as spurs are R there for the taking and we have proved on our day we can beat the best

• Blaydon-Toon

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:47 PM

And I have a ticket for the spurs game !

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:50 PM

LFGUAD,
    I always thought that STaylor would continue his U21 captaincy in to the seniors but the fact of the matter is that his injury record is appalling, he averages about 15 games a season, a solid back foyr needs to play together regularly, btw when did we have one of tge best defensive records ?

• LGFUAD21

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:50 PM

To add to my last comment.

In some ways I think Arsenal will be a bigger test than Cheslea was on paper.

1 we are away.
    2 Arsenal can cope better with teams parking the bus than Chelski. It suits their game more and their biggest threat is their ability to play in narrow spaces and work the ball into the box.

In some respects their defence is there for the taking on the counter. They cannot break up play at all. We will be able to use Cabella’s mobility against Mertesacker well in theory.

BUT

If we afford them too much of the ball they will tire us out so I hope Pards placing as much emphasis on winning that midfield. I think both teams will struggle to get the ball of each other (Us because the technical skill of their mids, Them because ours is a million times more powerful and stronger).

Chambers being banned probably helps them. bellerin is far from ready in the prem but he has the pace to keep up with Sammy whereas Chambers would have been there for the taking against Sammy’s pace and dribbling ability.

I say we line up as follows

Alnwick
    Janmaat – Colo – Dummet – Haidara (pace to track Oxade Chamberlain and Walcott)
    Abeid – Tiote – Colback
    Cabella – Cisse – Sammy

Arsenal are slow starters so we need to catch them early rather than playing safe and shocking them by moving up a gear in the second half (which is normally Pardews strategy against the big teams)

Give Abeid the Socks role as he has pace too but the game needs to be won on the wings.

Sammy and Cabella against Belarin and Gibbs. I think we could do it.

Bring Perez on for Cabella later in the game and

• LGFUAD21

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Jail for Ashley

I cant remember whether it was the season we finished 5th or the one before but we were 3rd best after City and Arsenal I believe.

It’s a shame Saylor has had all the injury problems because he is a decent CB when he can stay fit. He overcompensates when he returns from injury (like Tiote does too) which damages his own reputation because he goes through spouts of injured, being silly, out of the team.

Had he not had the injury problems I think he would have been as good as Cahill and a definite England starter after Terry and Ferdinand retired. Still think now, if he’s fit he should be in the squad as 4th choice CB

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:07 PM

LFGUAD,
    We may have had the third best record in the quarter of a season they played together but certainly not overall, we have had more 4 and five goal thrashings under Pardew than the last ten managers combined.

• Ian Toon

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Mr Tuff – yours earlier. Don’t try and kid a kidder by using my often used terminology in your posting to me- LOL. Mind, you’ve been producing a lot of drivel and dross of late- constantly being overshadow by your boyhood friend from the colonies. Incidentally, if you want to be respected then you need to respect young posters as well as the Seniors. I am not fawning over Pardew- your the one calling him King. Your view of ‘fawning’ is Lilongwe’s more measured ‘ give credit where it’s due’.
    As for me being a fickle fan – again using my “flip flop fickle fan” I employed on a number of now totally embarrassed posters. I know you loathe the ‘ I told you so’ approach but a number on here did buy into self sufficiency as only being achievable( under the current regime) through growing our own. Pardew has delivered on this , with the help of Beardsley and on the fourth anniversary it’s probably a good time to acknowledge his achievement. I do believe this is the best squad we have had in his time but certainly could benefit from an additional top draw CB and ST which tequila and others have stated for a long while.
    My work commitments mean I have less time to devote to all things toon. Nothing to do with me being a fickle fan – my family would disown me. This has been a long weekend for me my last this year it just so happened to coincide with a marvellous toon performance. It’s the where were you moment – like your presence at the Relief of Mafeking. Seriously though:
    – did you come over from the wild side?
    – were you the secretary of the Charlie Hurley fan club in your teens?
    – who is Charlie Hurley? ( careful this is a trick question!)
    Anyway I am away out of toon. I will be reading the blog so mind you up your game. More balance and less entrenched thinking – you know it makes sense.
    Enjoy yourself and HWTL.