Jose Mourinho’s Master Class – Video

Here’s how Sky Sports pundit and former Liverpool and England star Jamie Carragher blasted Jose Mourinho’s comments on Newcastle’s time wasting in our 2-1 win pn Saturday, when the outspoken Chelsea manager blamed the ball boys, the crowd and the referee for the defeat – it had nothing to do with his players.

Steven Gerrard Liverpool José Mourinho Chelsea

Jose Mourinho keeping the ball from Steven Gerrard

We had pointed out in an article yesterday how Mourinho wasted time in their 2-0 win at Liverpool last season by keeping the ball on the touchline – to waste time.

Chelsea were winning 1-0 until the third minute of stoppage time, when Willian added to Demba Ba’s first goal – so it was touch and go in that second half for Chelsea.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• beermonkey

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:39 AM

where has every1 gone

• jimmysmith

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Just seen the latest Mads Mikkelsen movie on Afdah.com. “The Salvation,” featuring,…dadun,dadun,……Eric Cantona as “the Corsican”….. a man of few words……….thankfully.

• toon kk

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Jose may be a good manager, but he has managed clubs with great ambition and money which have very strong squads.
    so when his team is beat he has to come up with some excuse to cover them.

It’s all gone to his head if you ask me.

• mag92

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:53 AM

When you’ve lost 2-1, against 10, men, and kissed goodbye to your unbeaten record; blaming a few ball boys is going to haunt him at every ground, he visits!

• jimmysmith

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Blamed the ball boys, then got an attack of the guilts and called us a big, big, club. His conscience haunted by the spectre of Sir Bobby.

• magpie6699

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I said on an earlier post that I’m really quite sorry I missed that bit of the game where a cow was playing with 2 balls aginst the ballboys. That sounds like fun!

• AncientC

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:07 AM

To be fair to Mourinho, he did say time wasting was part of the game. It is not like he declared it is something himself or Chelsea take no part in; he was merely making an observation.

Good to see Colback getting the credit he deserves, but I am wondering if Steve Stone is worthy of some recognition… Colback’s game has developed and he now delivers some great forward/diagonal/through passes, which were a feature of Steve Stone’s game.

• Jeff from Benwell

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:13 AM

As someone pointed out last night ` The Jose Mourinho Master Class` was on how to take pressure off of his players The guy is a genius

• Jeff from Benwell

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:21 AM

AncientC Similarly Perez` work rate and attitude is very reminiscent of Pedro in his heyday

• optimistic prime

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Jose was bound to be upset at losing, no big deal.

Lots has been said about the ball boys, what stuck out for me was on 17mins he asked Pardew why the fans were clapping, soon as Pardew told him he started clapping with everyone else.

He may not be happy with a loss but I bet he’d rather it was us than any team in prem.

• mag92

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Colback, has always been a good no nonsense player, he rarely loses the ball, and he’s quick into the tackles too.

• Graeme

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Comments allegedly from FA Spokesperson – NUFC have 3 fit Goal Keepers on their books and therefore will not be elligible for an emergency loan.

The fact that one of the keeper’s is on loan is irrelevant.

Hopefully our younger keepers will now be given the full backing of the club and will prove that they are in fact worthy of that trust with some great performances.

• jimmysmith

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:39 AM

….and he plays the simple ball early and constantly looks to brings his wide men into the game, and perhaps best of all, he truly loves playing for Newcastle. I agree, he has been a fantastic signing for us.

• Shadow_Shearer

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Jose maybe a top character, with great achievements, but on saturday he showed no class what so ever.

I wont change my mind on him cause he was a sore loser, he’s still a great man, but there was one greater man who came from Newcastle that taught him everything he knows. SBR.

I think the greater man was watching from da heavens, and watching over our team, and possibly asked god to never let mourinho win at St James park, no matter how unbeatable mourinhos team is, lol

• Shadow_Shearer

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Does anybody know if colback and sissoko r available to play arsenal??

• beermonkey

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:46 AM

shadow

I think colback is ok but sissoko is out I think

• mag92

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:49 AM

How would Keegan, have handled Mourinho, considering, his team is being compared to Keegans, entertainers.

• Shadow_Shearer

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:51 AM

If there’s no sissoko, who will play the creative number 10 role?? considering arsenal don’t have a good defensive mid in there team, it’s a perfect opportunity to take advantage. Will mehdi abeid get his first start behind perez, or will cabella get the nod

• Dulcinera

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Sissoko is suspended for Arsenal

• Dulcinera

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Mourinho and keegans teams may be the same to an extent but the two as MEN are complete polar opposites, despite sharing the same passion for their teams

• Shadow_Shearer

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:55 AM

My team for arsenal

Elliot/alwick
    Janmaat willo colo dummet
    Tioti abeid colback
    Ameobi perez aarons/cabella

• Munster Mag

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I think all of us a re a little mystified as to whetherw really believed in the youngsters V City , or whether it was all a bit of an accident. I think it would be naive of any fan, and really ungracious, not to give Pardew the benefit of the doubt. Our free kicks etc have improved, and the strong defensiveness that he wanted is still there, combined with plenty of speed. I’m quick to praise my own football knowledge, but I didnt think Sissoko had enough passing quality to be a central midfielder, and i had given up on Obertan many moons ago. Again, Pardew’s man management has to be praised, and so too his judgement re HBS , and (IMO) Mbiwa . I think Pardew needs to get involved more in scouting, and have felt this for years.

• beermonkey

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:01 PM

shadow

when pards took of cabella for cisse perez went out on the right so we might do that with cabella moving inside or use perez in that role and keep cabella on the right and just bring in cisse

if abeid is fit I would play him in sissoko’s role but if there is a doubt for him I would rather he was kept for the spurs game midweek,

I would rather go a little weak for arsenal and be strong for the quarter final spurs match and derby games

• Munster Mag

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I think its looking like Cabella will be a sub a lot, to be used against tired defences…

• Shadow_Shearer

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Beer monkey

I prefer perez on 1 of the wings, but I think it’s right what Pardew did on saturday. He planned on bring on cisse later in the game to win the match. I would do da same in the next few games.
    Start perez upfront in the centre. Soon as cisse comes on shift perez on the wing.

I wouldn’t mind seeing cisse and cabella brought on, on the hour mark against both arsenal and tottenham.
    I would change tactics against sunderland

• Go toon gooooo

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Still interesting football produced by Chelsea,not a handball playing like some other boring clubs like City and Arsenal.

• JamesToon

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:17 PM

As the derby is on the 21st december it seems that will make or break our christmas’. Jesus christ

• beermonkey

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:21 PM

shadow

I wasn’t a bad move putting perez out there
    cisse is still not fit he is struggling with the pins or something they put in his knee

I wouldn’t mind seeing riviere out on a wide 3 from what I have read its where most of his goals have come from

• bills-son

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Munster,

Good to see you on talking football sense as usual.

On Pardew, Colback was definitely a Pardew buy and the type of player we didn’t have in the squad but desperately needed.

Pardew has also stuck his neck out on Dummett and Sammy over Haidara and Cabella and, despite many fans being up in arms, has been proven right.

I’ve said all along that Pardew might not be the best manager in the Prem, but he never was and isn’t the worst. I think he genuinely appreciates and loves managing NUFC and he knows he could become part of our history if he wins a cup. I wouldn’t bet against it.

Credit to Ashley as well for not bowing to huge local and national pressure to sack him after the first seven games without a win. I’m convinced one of the reasons he didn’t is because he knew the squad were right behind Pardew and, apart from the Southampton game, there wasn’t one really bad performance.

• MassiveG

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:45 PM

anyone know of a spare ticket for the away end for Spurs next Wednesday?

• 70TWO

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:53 PM

With Sissoko being suspended will AP change things to dramatically? Callum Chambers is also missing for them, plus Janmaat is one away, but the starting line up will probably be not that different. Depending on who fills in for S.Taylor and if Collo is fit.

With their notoriously weak and slow defence, the Arsenal match may be an opportunity to go with a more attacking forward line. With Cisse up front and Sammy – Cabella – Perez behind. If Collo is also out it may be safer to start with three midfielders and replace Sissoko with Abeid. AP will then be able to nurse Cisse through all the up coming matches and have the choice of replacing any of the front three, according to the requirements of the match.

• Sazzer

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Mourinho on Newcastle’s time-wasting tactics:
    ‘You may as well put a cow in the middle of the pitch, walking. And then stop the game because there was a cow.’

• Graeme

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Sazzer @ 31 – isn’t that the new biological lawn mower we are using to improve our “Green” credentials??

• Sazzer

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:07 PM

It sure is.

• 70TWO

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:09 PM

I was very frustrated with Cisse in the Burnley match, despite his goal. However, his performance was much better against Chelsea, he may need more time to gradually get back up to full fitness and playing really well.

At 29 and with two years on his contract it may be a good time to sell him at the end of the season and at least reclaim half of his signing on fee. Using him as a goal scoring substitute may get him through the season in full health and a good goal scoring record, which would demand a higher fee.

Hopefully all will go well for him in the ACN, Newcastle will buy his younger replacement (Aleksandar Mitrovic?) in January for £15M using the Cisses fee to off set the over spend.

• mag92

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Mourinho, and his cow analogy seems like he’s milking the sympathy vote!

• JamesToon

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:17 PM

If we play any of Gouffran, Anita or Williamson against Arsenal or Sunderland we are gonna get hammered

• JamesToon

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Alex Song would have been a great signing for us in the summer, perfect deep lying playmaker, hopefully we could snatch him off barca at the end of the season

• LGFUAD21

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Bill-sons

Correct.

While you and Munster are affording him more praise than I would I agree that the whole sackpardew campaign was hysterical to say the least.

The results were not telling the whole story about our performance aside from Southampton.

The next month will be a test though.

Arsenal and then Spuds will not be easy in quick succession.

Then there is the small matter of the derby which is never a straightforward affair. I worry that we be on a spiral before Utd who should be there for the taking.

I have no idea how Man U are doing it. They could easily has lost against Stoke, they were poor last night and it amazes me how they beat arsenal with the way they were playing in that game too.