Newcastle Scouts Impressed With Striker Target’s Performance

The 20-year-old Anderlecht striker Aleksandar Mitrovic was watched by Newcastle scouts on Tuesday night in the 1-1 draw at Borussia Dortmund.

BELGIUM SOCCER JPL DAY 14 ANDERLECHT VS OH LEUVEN

20 year-old Anderlecht striker Aleksandar Mitrovic

But Mitrovic will not come cheaply with some top clubs said to be interested in signing the striker, who has been starring for Belgian club Anderlecht for the last couple of seasons,  having scored 29 goals in 62 appearances.

The striker is valued at £10M, and that figure could go higher, but the signs are that Newcastle are lining up this young prolific striker as their number one target in January.

The Newcastle scouts would have been impressed with the Serbian striker’s performance on Tuesday night,  with Mitrovic scoring a late equalizer after 84 minutes – and his 13th goal of the season.

Anderlecht didn’t have many chances but Aleksandar looked sharp when he did get a chance, and he had four shots at goal on the night.

Newcastle really do need to get an experienced striker in during the January transfer window, with both Emmanuel Riviere and particularly Argentine striker Facundo Ferreyra not showing through at all, Newcastle need another striker.

Ferreyra  doesn’t even regularly make the bench for Newcastle, while Manu has done well enough and he is still getting used to English football and  he’s also had a few injuries.

With players taking time to settle in when they arrive in England – it would be good to get Aleksandar (or even another good striker) in during the January transfer, so he will hopefully be fully acclimatized by the beginning of next season.

He may even score some goals for us this season. 😀

Aleksandar is exactly the type of young player Newcastle should be trying to sign.

Note: Two of our readers – Robert Cropper and Joseph English – are Newcastle University students and for their third year dissertation they have chosen to focus on the question “Has There Been a Decline in Atmosphere at British Stadiums?” with a specific focus on Newcastle United.

They need as many questionnaires filled out as possible – please see if you can help them here.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Blofal

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM

With Alnwick playing so many games I wouldn’t mind also seeing Woodman play in the cups. He is supposed to be a great young keeper and I think that would be a great place to blood him.

I think our dreams of an extended cup run with our current injuries unrealistic tbh so why not.

• Graeme

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Yes, sharing the experience around can only help the individuals, short term, but the club will benefit long term. Hopefully P45DUE will realise it and give Freddie a few games!!

• Graeme

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Another striker would be fantastic, as would a damn good CB. Unfortunately, the way we are playing at the moment, it would tend to indicate that the club will be keeping its substantial “war-chest” safely under lock & key until next summer – If we are lucky!!!

• expatmag

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Graeme

January deals

Sell Mbiwa……5 million
    Sell Tiote……. 12 million
    cancel Ferrerya loan

Buy Mitrovic…..10 million
    Buy Van Dijk…….8 million
    Buy McLeod…….1 million

• beermonkey

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:25 PM

cant see a striker coming in

we only play 1 upfront cisse is scoring as is perez riviere has a couple as well
    we also have Armstrong whom pards has said he will get some time soon and in a month we will have de jong

• Canny in Canberra

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Really, another striker. We gonna end up with a squad of 25 Strikers.
    Enough already. This is all guess work and surmising anyway. We won’t know till January and it’s coming up fast. Son lets just wait for the surprise or in our case shock. Because I still think there’ll be no one in.

• expatmag

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Beer

I can see Cisse being sold in the summer and he will miss more than a month at the ACON.

We need another out and out goalscorer as neither Riviere or Perez fit the bill in that respect and De Jong is more of a number 10.

Arma will get the occasional but he is neither experienced or strong enough to lead the line yet

• welshgeordie9

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I’m sure we have been linked with this player before, according to daily star.

Newcastle are ready to rival Tottenham for Brighton centre-back Lewis Dunk, 23.

• welshgeordie9

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Well like the day I’ve had today, Roxette song Crash, Boom, Bang and pudldle of mud song she hates me springs to mind.

• beermonkey

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:36 PM

expat

I agree and I know we need another but unless its some1 like and ings whose deal is about to expire we wont do anything till the summer

they thought we had enough when we had an injured cisse and no1 knew perez would hit the ground running
    we have also coped with out cisse

I hope by the end of jan I am surprised

• expatmag

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Jimmy

I loved him. He was a laid back character. I was at West Brom in the 74 for the cup match when we won 3-0. I remember him coming on for the injured Terry Hibbitt after 20 minutes and we were all worried. The pitch was a mudbath, not suited to his silky skills and his warm up consisted of him leaning on the dugout, cross legged waiting for the game to stop.

Well, he came on and thoroughly destroyed them in a master class performance that had even the WBA supporters clapping. Truly wonderful….when he felt like it.

• expatmag

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Morning Hinny

Beer

A lot depends on the circumstances and who is interested, who is ready to bid etc.

If the club are truly interested, 10 million quid is a steal for a goal scoring forward with CL experience and only 20 year old. If he does the business in the PL, his value could quadruple in a couple of years and we all know Ashley can only see £ signs.

A good example is Sissoko. Bought for a couple of million. The club would be culpable if they didnt put a £30 million price tag on his head when the vultures start circling.

• Canny in Canberra

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:46 PM

I always thought Jinky had a look of George Harrison from the Beatles. No wonder he had the lasses of the day all a flutter!!

• welshgeordie9

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:52 PM

I bought some Armageddon cheese today, and it said on the packet ‘Best Before End…’

Best Before End

Did you get it.

Ha ha ha

• welshgeordie9

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:54 PM

I went into a shop and I said, “Can someone sell me a kettle.” The bloke said “Kenwood” I said, “Where is he?”

Ha ha ha

Happy to entertain my fellow bloggers.

• welshgeordie9

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:55 PM

I’m so wasted on this blog.

• toonincheek

Dec 11, 2014 at 3:17 AM

Yes, welshie,

You are well and truly wasted!

• mrlizard603

Dec 11, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Anyone know Ferreyra’s status? Don’t think I’ve seen him play a single minute!

• robertsleftfoot

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:49 AM

This lad looks a good turn, big clubs will be after him as he is full of potential. We would need to act quick and get a deal wrapped up early doors as the longer the window goes on and people pick up injuries there will be more interest.

I know someone mentioned Van Dijk, but my preference would be for someone playing in a stronger league, his fee would be around 8-12 million and I think that is big money for a lad who is playing against the likes of St Mirren every week, maybe take Zouma on loan from Chelsea