Youngster Very Critical Of Pardew – Manager Agrees

It just so happens that last week – before he made his debut for Newcastle in rather dramatic circumstances last Saturday against league leaders Chelsea, Jak Alnwick had gone to see manager Alan Pardew to complain he had never been given a chance at Newcastle, and his contract is up next June.

jak alnwick chelsea

Jak Alnwick – concentrating on Saturday

So the Gods must have been listening because he not got on chance to play for his home town team but it looks he will be the Newcastle goalkeeper in at least the next eight important games for Newcastle.

This is what Alan Pardew has said today about Jak:

“He came to see me last week and was very critical of my management of him by saying he’d never had a chance, that he was very disappointed because his contract was up.”

“It’s very difficult. I don’t know because he’s never had the chance to go on loan or show himself. He answered it all. He’s got every right to say we’ve been harsh on him.”

So Jak in not afraid to speak his mind, and he has great confidence in his own abilities – and that could auger well for both Jak and Newcastle over the next four weeks or so, of what is a hectic schedule of 8 games to play through January 10th.

That’s six league games, plus a game in the Capital One Cup and the FA Cup.

Alan Pardew and the coaches, as well as the players all have a part in getting Jak ready for his stint of games for Newcastle.

On Saturday at the Emirates it will be important that Fab Coloccini is fit to play so he can use all his experience for Newcastle at the back, and also help Jak through the game.

But it’s looking like Jak might not need too much help.

Note: Two of our readers – Robert Cropper and Joseph English – are Newcastle University students and for their third year dissertation they have chosen to focus on the question “Has There Been a Decline in Atmosphere at British Stadiums?” with a specific focus on Newcastle United.

They need as many questionnaires filled out as possible – please see if you can help them here.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• Ibizatoon

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Tha manager went on to say “although I do think he went too far with the whole sackpardew campaign and then injuring both timmy and rob. That’s the thing with Jak, he has a winners mentality, some day he wants to be King. I see a lot of myself in him”.

Morning folks.

So what’s the general feeling with January looming? As I understand it our 25 man sqaud was already filled up at the start of the season, although I do believe that contained player or two who are out on loan. Will we be looking to be active during the window? As we’re doing well (ish), will Ashley deem that it’s time to let a purple go and do some further re-structuring (wage bill reducing)? Or, I warn you this ones a little crazy, will they try and offload some of the deadwood and improve on them?

I suppose the question everyone is asking is, deadwood, at Newcastle?

• geordie157

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:10 AM

We’ll get a couple more in Jan, holding on to sissoko is the main priority.

• Markaccus

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:11 AM

The pessamist in me says Socks is away in Jan. Pound signs in Mashers eyes.

• Ibizatoon

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:13 AM

157…I hope we can keep Sissoko, although he does seem to fit the blueprint of likely departures at NUFC – you know, doing well and likely to bring in some cash.

Markaccus…Don’t you have some meds to deal with that internal pessamist?

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Markaccus

What does the optimist in you say ?

• Ibizatoon

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:23 AM

It would appear his inner optimist has gone a little shy…

• cyprus

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:24 AM

“The reason English football culture died? We let it”, says an article those two students doing that research (you mention ED) must have found.

On a scientific academic basis, they’ve got a job on their hands (control factors, comparisons etc.) but they’ll sort it out I am sure.

On a personal basis: I think the ‘price paid’ outweighs the negative… when I was a kid, there was a palpable danger in going to many a match. I guess there’s excitement in that and it electrifies the atmosphere when there’s blood, drunkenness, intimidation and fear in the air (much like a good old rock concert), but I’ll pass on that, thanks 🙂

I enjoy the football too much to need to bother with the rest.

Good luck lads with your research 🙂

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:25 AM

To be honest if we dont sign anyone, but, we keep hold of Sissoko, surely thays as good as signing someone. I mean, the defence is showing us how hard it is too break down, i.e, great performances from: Janmaat, Coloccini, Steven Taylor and Dummett… Haidara when he gets his chance also. I would be dissappointed if we sold Willo- which we should… And didnt replace him. Our midfield is very strong, no need to sign anyone there unless obviously Sissoko or Tiote is sold. We all say we need a striker but we already have 4 with armstrong pushing… Yes, Ferreyra was a flop, Riviere has been plagued by injury, but Cisse and Perez have been great. The only position we need to sign is a RW with only Obertan who actually plays there. Im pretty sure Cabella plays just off/behind the striker. So I would be dissappointed if we didnt buy a RW I suppose. But keeping a hold of Sissoko is definately a priority surely. We are going to miss him at Arsenal.

• cyprus

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:30 AM

I like the way you set it IG.

The optimist in me says we’ll be in Europe next year.

The pessimist in me says we’ll be dragged near the relegation zone after this month.

I’ll let you know when they agree.

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:30 AM

#theofficialblogkiller

• Ibizatoon

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Irish…Upgrading Willo would be a positive move for the club no doubt.

Looking at our 25 man squad, these are the players I think can / should be upgraded on sooner rather than later, keeping in mind that we generally buy young / foreign and therefore untested players that need time to settle:

Ferreyra – Hasn’t played at all, surely something is up and as he isn’t even one for the future at our club, surely he’s just taking up valuable space?

Jonas – A tough subject of course, but has no future at the club anymore. I imagine though, as he only has half a year remaining on his contract, he’ll leave at the end of the season.

Vuckik – Hasn’t stepped up like the rest of the youngsters and does appear injury prone.

Willo – Already addressed.

The rest of them play some part and have probably earned the right to stake a claim at the club imo.

Hardly any cash generated from that list mind. I guess I wont be getting employed by Ashley anytime soon 🙂

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Cyprus, ah, at last… A response. If I must say I was starting to feel a bit lonely but I have nothing to worry now. Take a bow for being the first person to tell me my posts are visible.

Anyway, my optimism and pessimism is exactly the same as yours considering our league position.

• Ibizatoon

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Cisse is an odd one for me. After his spectacular start after he signed, he’s never regained the reputation as being a prolific goalscorer. He is however sitting quite high in the leagues top scorers list. I certainly don’t think he should be sold, but shouldn’t we be looking to a more immediate replacement? Ayoze has done well, but is he enough with Rivi and Armstrong as backup – it’s all a little too youthful for my liking, although it has served us well the past month or so.

Proper goalscorers are invaluable and can provide the difference between mid-table obscurity and a EL spot.

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Ibiza

Haha, aye. Ashley wouldnt take you on but if you have that mindset you would become an invaluable asset to our current board/ staff. Shame were missing out. 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Was post No. 6 invisible then?

• toon kk

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:39 AM

We all know MA has a regime at the club, buy cheap to sell on for as much profit as possible. Sissoko has hit his prime so believe me he will be sold if the price is right, same for any player. Player’s who under achieve are loaned out same as most clubs do for experience.
    We are just a business to Mashley.

• 70TWO

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Ibizatoon @11

IMO you could include Cisse in that list, but it would be more likely in summer. I agree with the players you mention but it would be a good send off for Jonas if he were a last minute sub in a Cup final.

• 70TWO

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:44 AM

If Pardew can keep Cisse as a super sub, he will hopefully stay healthy for the season (depending on ACN) and have an excellent goal scoring record at the end of the season. A perfect combination to cash in on.

• Ibizatoon

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Irish….I actually forgot we had Gouffran to play up front for a minute, although I’m not sure he can be considered as a goalscorer particually.

Versatility is useful to have, but I think we need a few more specialist players within the squad now. ST and Winger would be ideal…oh and a CB…not asking for too much 🙂

• cyprus

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Toon,
    Do you believe if he was asked (if we are just a business to him), he would say yes (even with a lie detector machine)?

Somehow I don’t think so. Only fools buy football clubs to make a profit. They notoriously lose money and, usually, since these are billionaires’ play toys, they don’t care.

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Ibiza, it is an odd one. In my opinion I dont think we need a striker unless we terminate Ferreyra’s loan. He is taking up space and not doing anything to warrent being there. Cisse is hitting top form again and is showing why we signed him for £9 million. Once he shows consistency and Riviere adapts to this league our strikeforce will be strong enough without signings. If we sign a ‘prolific’ striker that would halt the progress of Riviere, perez and armstrong which Perez doesnt deserve, or , he will get shunted out to the wing. Although he did play well there last game. Cisse also seems to be at his best when he is the main man… Not being placed on the wing to suit a striker who was heading for the door or being behind a player who was only on loan and not interested in signing here whatsoever. We should give cisse this chance.

• cyprus

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:48 AM

What’s this with Saylor bombing forward in the middle? Did he pick it up from Siss or did he just think it up himself? Till it disastrously fails, I like it 😉

• mag92

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Alnwick, has everything to gain and nothing to lose; playing these games will put him in the shop window, or earn him a new contract.

• Ibizatoon

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:49 AM

70TWO….Ughhh, I had forgotten about ACON…we’re doomed I tell ya…doomed!

That’s the thing with Cisse for me. In my mind, he makes the upgrade list, but he’s our top scorer and in the top 10 scorers in the league, surely considering selling him is insane?!?

toonkk…Yep, that is the worry and has been the trend. I take peoples point that to some extent the strategy works, we’re self sufficient (without wanting to break in to a blog war / debate on the finances) and kind of mixing it up, but where is it actually going and is there some sporting ambition at the finish line? I really have strong doubts.

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Ibiza, of course post number 6 wasnt invisible I was just playing because he/she was the first person to reply to my comment.

• Phatoon

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Ibiza,

What about Anita? He seems to have been dropped..

• cyprus

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Good points IG, but I agree with Ibiza. It would be nice to have a 20 a year striker and it would make a difference…

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Phatoon

Aye, you’re right. Once-upon-a-time I liked Anita, that seems like ages ago now. Anita should be moved on considering Abeid has moved ahead of him in the pecking order. I guess no-one expected Pardew to move sissoko into central midfield or Colback to be as good as he is.

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Cyprus

Thats fair enough mate. We do already have a 29 year old, a 24 year old, a 22 year old and a 21 year old. Do we really need a 20 year old with a 17 year old pushing ?

I have a game… Guess the players…

• mag92

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:00 AM

At last Pardew, has come to his senses and dropped Anita, who is completely out of his depth in the premier league; Williamson, is another deemed surplus to requirements when everyone is fit.

• Ibizatoon

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:01 AM

cyprus…I’m guessing I am that “toon” you’re talking to?

I would hazard a guess that club profits are a target for Ashley, at the very least the plan is for the club not to cost him anything, whilst advertising and growing SD. Shame the two can’t grow together at a similar rate.

Irish…Valid points regarding our strikers. It’s tough balance between bringing through youngsters and being ready for the current tasks. I do believe we have been extremely lucky that so many youngsters are peforming at the same time. I’d argue we are out of balance with the amount of potential we have at the moment, although that should set us up nicely down the road…unless we start selling them all of that is 🙂

mag92….It’s all worked out wonderfully for young Jak. Let’s hope he takes his opportunity.

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Ibiza

Its a tough one to call. There has been good balance in this debate. I agree and disagree at the same time.

• 70TWO

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Selling Cisse would not be in sane IF there was a bit of planning ahead applied. He may be our top scorer this season which would increase his value and potentially cover up his dismal form over the past two seasons. Willo is a perfect example of expecting a players form to keep going when the evidence is against it.

I don’t see why the Anderlect striker would want to come to us, as he is used to CL. But the PL, higher wages and a stepping stone might just do it. All highly unlikely but could be bedded in from January.

Anita is another one for the list of upgrades, whilst playing well it burst he has never truely fitted in and held down a position. Whatever the reason he is expendable depending on keeping Tiote and/or Sissoko; even then a younger replacement may be better.

• 70TWO

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:08 AM

IrishGeordie9

Cisse
    Rivi
    Chucky
    Perez
    Armstrong

What do I win?

• Ibizatoon

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Phatoon…Take cover, you just launched an Anita bomb on the blog…

I actually think he’s a tidy CM that can do a very good job. I’m not sure he’s suited to a Pardew team though. He’s often unspectacular to the eye, but does a decent job imo. He’s clearly not the bullish type like Tiote, nor the creater Cabaye was. I think the criticism of him is well over the top however. If we can get a decent fee for him though, I wouldn’t be too disappointed.

Irish…I think he meant a 20 goal a season ST, rather than a 20 year old 🙂

• toon kk

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Cyprus
    MA bought Newcastle to advertise SD, he was clueless and didn’t understand the running of a football club, hence the relegation. Then the sale of AC for big money opened his eyes and the regime began. He will buy experience if we were threatened with relegation otherwise dont expect big money buys just big sales if and when possible.
    The down side is we’ll be up and down the table from season to season.

• Phatoon

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:10 AM

If I had my “ideal world” hat on, I would try and get rid of:

Anita
    Yanga-Mbiwa
    Vuckic
    Ferguson

Would also let Gutierrez captain the reserves (if fit enough to play with them). Then if fit enough, maybe make an appearance in a cup game late season (provided we are still in one!).

That would free up 4 slots in the squad for any incomings… (haha incomings)

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:10 AM

70two

You my friend, win… Bragging rights. Brag carefully. Well done, it is a marvellous achievement. 😀

• Ibizatoon

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Irish..I sense a great battle within you. Agreeing and disagreeing with yourself is what I do – find your own thing 🙂

70TWO…And there’s the IF that keeps us all guessing.