Newcastle Could Appeal Emergency Loan Decision

Newcastle’s initial overtures to the Premier League for an emergency goalkeeper last week were rejected out of hand, but the Mail are now reporting that Newcastle may go back and argue their case again.

Jak Alnwick Giroud header

Jack Alnwick – no chance with this Giroud header

Newcastle didn’t play well on Saturday at Arsenal and Jak Alnwick looked a little nervous in goal, and was beaten by two shots from narrow angles from Cazorla and Giroud in the second half, but they were also well taken goals.

To be fair to Jak, he had no chance with the other goals – a great (but) unchallenged header from Giroud after 15 minutes, and a penalty from Cazorla with a couple of minutes to go – and the stats show that Arsenal had four shots on target in the game.

Alan Pardew is hoping Jak will take what is a great opportunity for him, since his contract is up at the end of June:

“He is the sort of guy you would want to do it. He’s a good, honest guy, humble and another local.”

“I can probably look at one Arsenal goal and say Jak may have been at fault.” “Other than that I thought he was pretty sound.”

And we wouldn’t be too surprised if there’s some discussion going on behind the scenes at Newcastle, about what to do about the goalkeeper situation.

That’s because we have tough games coming up at Tottenham (Capital One Cup), Manchester United, Leicester City (FA Cup) and Chelsea.

We also have some tough home games against Sunderland, Everton and Burnley before mid-January so there are five Premier League games and games in the Capital One Cup and FA Cup – before either Rob Elliot or Tim Krul are likely to be fit.

That could be our season right there, as to how we fare in those games, and before we had the injury to Rob Elliot Alan Pardew had said the December games could make or break our season.
The PL said we don’t qualify for an emergency loan because we have three contracted goalkeepers – Karl Darlow, Jak Alnwick and Freddie Woodman, and you can only have one to get an emergency loan deal for a goalkeeper.

Newcastle could argue that Karl Darlow is not available since we cannot recall him from his loan at Nottingham Forest, and therefore shouldn’t count, and we would win that one.

But we still have two professional goalkeepers under contract in Jak and Freddie, and one would have to get injured to qualify.

We could make an ordinary loan deal for a goalkeeper on January 1st, but by then we would expect Rob or Tim to be fit again – or very close to it.

It’s a difficult situation for Newcastle to be in, and that’s why most big Premier League clubs always have three experienced goalkeepers in their squads, so they can easily deal with situations like Newcastle now face.

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• John Tudor

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:43 PM

numpties in charge
    nuff said

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Ed, I appreciate the time and effort you put onto this blog and I am very thankful that you have created it because otherwise I dont know what I would be doing right now but can you please stop posting about this bl**dy emergency loan. Its getting to the point now that when we finaly get one I wont give a flying f**k. Sorry, but I had to.

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Welshie

Yes. I know and maybe Irish needs to lighten up and lay off the guinness but he is right about one thing………….your jokes are crap…..lol

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Expat, not guiness… Kronenberg. Nice try though. 😀

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Speaking of her, where is CANNY today?

Probably had a day on the sauce yesterday or her and TUFF gave run off to Gretna Green together.

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Irish

You traitor you.

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Expat

Awww, you miss her. How cute. Now dont get jelous of tuff.

• beermonkey

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:50 PM

irish

good choice

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Expat

My mate was drinking guinness when he was around if that makes things better.

• Dulcinera

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Jeez i hate it when brits associate guiness with the average Irhs bloke lol. Guiness is one of the most rotten beers on the planet!

All beer is rotten really, except those mexican ones lol. At least there’s a bit of a twang

• Dulcinera

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Irhs = irish*

too many of those mexicans it would appear!

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Beermonkey

Howay man, the stuff is paradise, s*x on legs.

• bladeuser

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Williamson please just f@@@ off to division two jesus even scumberland would not entertain this sorry excuse for a defender

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Dulcinera

With the amount I have had, the uncorrected version of my name looked right ahah. Its only when you corrected it I realised…

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Irish

I think they are having an illicit online affair masquerading as NUFC supporters in order to dupe their individual partners whilst using me as their patsy. Notice how neither us on the blog today.

Very suspicious.

• welshgeordie9

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:56 PM

So no one on here in last 10 minutes hasnt been talking about football, you are all just attention seeking nice one Irish.

Ha ha ha

And on that bombshell goodnight.

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:57 PM

You lot need to get down here and drink some real beer…….aussie pure friggin gold guys…..Pure Blonde

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Expat

Aye, I think you have hit the nail on the head there. Very suspicious. They will both be on in a short while. Who knows, they might be on now… Different accounts perhaps.

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Welsh

Sorry, was everyone stooping down to your level not enough for you. Bless.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Irish

I have a suspicion they are both makems

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Wow, welshies bombshell must have hit very hard. Its cleared out the entire blog. What do I get for being last one here ? Maybe I get too feel welshies neglection and loneliness………. Nope, its too much.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Blad

He will be sold at the end of the season. His contract must be up soon anyway.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Hey, expat… You made it out fine too. How does it feel to be stuck here with me ?

I think you’re right y’know about tuff and canny.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Yep. You certainly got rid of the welsh leek there, Seamus

• beermonkey

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:11 AM

expat

don’t all Australians drink fosters isn’t that there true amber nectar

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Irish

I will chat to anyone mate. I enjoy a bit of banter but unfortunately, others on here seem to take things to seriously. I t must be the adopted aussie in me…..lol

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Beermonkey

I think you’re right y’know, i’ve seen that fosters advert with the australian blokes.

Expat

Glad I can count on you for banter then ahah.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Beer

Not anymore mate. We have a lot more choice now with lots of local small breweries shooting up with some excellent products…..much like our wines

• Dulcinera

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:15 AM

been to Aussie, love the beaches, wouldn’t be in too a hurry to return for the beer though

I’d say belgium is the best place i’ve been to regarding beer quality….havent been in every country in the wolrd though so who knows!

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Irish

Anytime mate but I dont go for abuse, mind you and I am strictly hetro……..lol

• Mister Tuff

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:15 AM

What’s going on tonight.
    Expat -has been on for a few minutes an no rucks – must be a record.
    The fool as usual squealing like a nipped piglet.

Expat is clearly upset that he cannot pursue his snifting tonight and to follow his hero Sid the Sexist.
    I recall many years ago, when expat lived at Low Fell (part of Gateshead) there had been several reports in his street and surrounding streets of theft of ladies lingerie from washing lines.
    A police surveillance operation was later successful when expat was caught red handed in the back gardens. The local paper reported that the “Gateshead Gussett sniffer” had been aprehended.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Expat

Dont worry, im more or less the same. Unless im drunk… Then thats a different story. 🙂

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Dulcinera

Come back mate and we will sign you up on a re-education program

• jimmysmith

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I think Rodgers could well get the sack at Liverpool at the end of the season, which might coincide nicely with Pardew resigning if we don’t progress as hoped. Not that I think Pards has been poor overall, if anything more the opposite, just that after 4 fairly tumultuous seasons it might be time for all parties for a change, and I think Rodgers and Newcastle would be a good match, football philosophy wise. Pardew has aged, perhaps not entirely like wine, but certainly not like bread. He might even get offered a plum job, not a big one, but a nice offer none the less.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Aaahhhhh…….the interloper doth appear.

Morning TUFF. How was you “weak end”?…..lol

You know very well that the only ladies knickers I knickef were off your clothes line. C used to leave them out for me especially…….lol

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Jimmy

Not a chance. Pardew wont resign

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Irish

You should come out here mate. You would fit right in….lol

• WestOzMag

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Expat,

See whats happening in Sydney atm!!

• jimmysmith

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Japanese Beer is consistently excellent, Yebisu in particular, as is the Scotch, recently voted worlds best. Actually, the Japanese seem capable of improving on pretty much anything. They’d probably have the best football team in the world if they weren’t so teeny tiny, although doubtless they’ve got a team of swots working round the clock in a lab somewhere on that very problem as we speak.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Expat

Been saving up for a holiday and I really want to go to Australia so you never know.