It’s Very Important For Us, The City And The Club

Newcastle captain Fabricio Coloccini will lead out the Newcastle side at White Hart Lane tomorrow night,  in an effort to reach the semi-finals of a Cup competition for the first time since 2000.

Fabricio Coloccini final whislte Chelsea 2-1

Fabricio Coloccini – hopefully we can do it

Newcastle still have nine injuries to the squad,  with only perhaps Mehdi Abeid having any chance of coming back before next year – with Rolando Aarons having suffered another setback in trying to recover from his hamstring strain,  so he may not be back any time soon.

Fabricio Coloccini had this to say today in the Chronicle:

“For us it is a dream, it is unbelievable.” “We need to think about the game in 90 minutes and try to beat them.”

“For us it is very important. We’re thinking only about Tottenham for now.” “It’s very important for us, the city and the club. Hopefully we can do it.”

Newcastle did not have a good outing at the Emirates on Saturday, and we hope it was just a bad day at the office.

If we are to get through to the semi-finals tomorrow night, and join Chelsea and Sheffield United in the semi-finals, then we have to be at or near the top of our game.

League One side Sheffield United surprisingly beat a slumping Southampton side 1-0 at home, and Chelsea beat Derby County 3-1 at the Pride Park Stadium.

As for the Newcastle starting eleven we have an inkling that Steven Taylor will come back in to partner Colo at the back, and of course Moussa Sissoko will start the game too.

This is the side we think Alan will start tomorrow night:

Alnwick
Dummett Taylor (S) Coloccini (c) Haidara
Colback Tiote
Gouffran Perez Ameobi
Cisse
Subs: Woodman Williamson Anita Vuckic Armstrong Cabella Riviere

Colo has it exactly right – this game is very important for the players, the fans, the city and the club – hopefully the lads can make us proud tomorrow night.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Southampton are doing really bad now, didnt realise they were a confidence team. Football really is an amazing sport. Wonder how long there decline is going to be… They remind me of us when we go on a good run and then get smacked by reality and usually end up in free fall. Lets hope it happens to them.

• Kris

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Thats totally wrong, Ed. Both Anita and Sissoko will defo start.

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Kris, I dont get why ed says that sissoko will definately start and then doesnt include him in his predicted starting eleven. I think youre right about Anita, this will be his last chance (unless he is played at RB) in CM because Pardew wont play him in the premier league.

• Canny in Canberra

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Feeling some responsibility for the Arsenal result as I slept through my alarm. Going to try and catch the first half tomorrow before I go to work. Will sleep in my shirt tonight to promote good Karma!!

• santonthenewmaldini

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:39 PM

I have been let down so many times by Pardew but I honestly feel that we will properly go all out for the win tomorrow and we will get it

• Kris

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I think Anita will play in RB. Colback, Sissoko and Tiote in midfield.

• Harley

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Really hope we win tomorrow night. I’d far rather play our strongest team and risk a few tired legs against Sunderland.
    The cup is our only hope.
    I couldn’t care less if we finish 6th, it means nothing to me how high we finish unless it’s top 4.
    I pray he drops goufran and willo. Neither are bad players but they should both be just squad players as they are both average.

• toonicle

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:55 PM

I’d like to see us start with this

Anita–Dummett\Saylor–Colo–Haidara
    Sissoko—Colback
    Cabella
    Perez–Cisse–Ameobi

• Average_Contents

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Irish

Read somewhere that out of the last 30+ games in both cup competitions we’ve played away 20+ times. Something like 74% overall have been away from home.

It’s fixed, fixed I tell ya. No luck whatsoever when it comes to draw. I mean this’ll be the 4th out of 4 games then we’re obviously away to Leicester in the fa cup. 5 outta 5. Get in.

If carlsberg did cup draws……..

• optimistic prime

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:58 PM

• IrishGeordie9

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:00 PM

The problem with Perez playing well at RW is that Pardew will start to play him there more often. Then, I only hope he doesnt become the next Gouffran because we know what happened to him…

• IITianToon

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Ah Canny so YOU were the reason for our defeat!

I have been wearing my new Newcastle shirt since the Swansea game (except WHam, guess what happened) and we did not lose until Arsenal. Good, I can sleep more peacefully now, I was doubting the shirt 😛

• jimmysmith

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:04 PM

I’d love a win, because were are playing well and it’s against quality opposition and momentum can carry you a long way. I definitely want a win in the league as much though, and one at home against the Mackems more so. The league cup is essentially a competition in place for the the senior sides reserves and the rest of us. To be honest, I’d much rather finish in the top 6, than win it, no one ever remembers the league cup winner, even so, it’d be a trophy, even if it is a tin pot, but part of me can’t help thinking of how ironic it would be that we would wait over 45 years for a competition to be weakened enough for us to win it. I want an FA cup, and consistent European football, and I think we deserve it.

• Canny in Canberra

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:14 PM

IITianToon

Yep, my Bad, If you’re superstitious which I think growing up in NE, the way most of our Mum’s were then you can’t fail to be to some extent.
    I still think things a re going well considering pre-December most of us didn’t see any points coming from the Chelsea or Gunners games and we’ve taken 3.
    Would love to keep the cup run going. Only shot at winning anything remote as it is.
    The thought of getting into Europe terrifies me as it would spell disaster for the league at the moment.
    Hoping this Rangers debacle will culminate in Mashers throwing his lot in with the Scotts and us getting some one more ambitious as an owner. “Dear Santa!”