This Could Be Newcastle’s Best Team For Spurs

It doesn’t seem like we have any players coming back from injury for the game tomorrow night at Spurs in the Capital One Cup, although Moussa Sissoko and Steven Taylor are available after serving their one match bans.

moussa sissoko scores qpr

Moussa Sissoko – back for Newcastle at Spurs

Newcastle will have to play a lot better than we did at Arsenal on Saturday, if we are to make it through to the semi-finals of the competition.

Unfortunately we have Daryl Janmaat suspended for the game, after he picked up his 5th yellow card of the season at Arsenal.

And it seems that Rolando Aarons has had another set-back with that hamstring injury of his – and it’s worrying that the hamstring keeps going – for somebody who is still very young.

Newcastle will probably play in a 4-2-3-1 formation – and this is the team we think Alan Pardew could start tomorrow.

Alnwick
Dummett Taylor (S) Coloccini (c) Haidara
Colback Tiote
Gouffran Perez Ameobi
Cisse
Subs: Woodman Williamson Anita Vuckic Armstrong Cabella Riviere

We have Steven Taylor coming in for Mike Williamson in central defense,  and Dummett moving over to right back and Haidara coming in on the left.

Alan Pardew could give Vurnon Anita a start tomorrow night, and he talked about Vurnon yesterday possibly playing  a part tomorrow night.

What would your team be for tomorrow night?

Can Newcastle Beat Spurs In Capital One Cup?

Loading ... Loading ...

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• optimistic prime

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Lg

Posted a article on previous thread, apparently M’biwa permanent move is done and dusted.

On the local papers, I hate now how whenever the club do something the majority of people are suspicious, especially me.
    It would be nice to think we may start to get better relations with club and fans and some sort of idea what the future of the club is.

• optimistic prime

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:24 PM

If that’s the team Pardew starts at Spurs we’ll get beat.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:29 PM

No Sissoko in Ed’s team, not even on the bench. Wouldn’t have Goofy in, and wouldn’t be starting Dummet at right back.

Posted what I’d like to see this morning, Arma, Perez Cabella as a front 3. Any 3 from Sissoko, Tiote, Colback and Abeid in midfield – if Abeid is still out then decision is made there. Anita and Haidara full backs with any 2 of Saylor Colo and Dummet in the centre of defence.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Optimistic,
    I think that will have been done and dusted for a while. Whether it is announced in Jan or June is largely immaterial in my opinion.

• optimistic prime

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Lg

Be better to get the cash now so we’re not left in the lurch.
    I’d go with what u suggested for the team.

• toon kk

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:38 PM

I think there’s a lot of wishful thinking going on in the poll, we only have a half bit team to play a far better squad of players. Anything of course can happen on the night.

• Mattroge

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:44 PM

No Sissoko Ed?! For me he has to play instead of Gouffran in that line-up.

• Hector Riva

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I am not doubting that Tiote has given a lot for the toon, but he slows our play up to much and gives away unnecessary fouls to often, Sissoko back which is a big plus, he has to play, he seems to have pulled his socks up and is now a real force for us. Colbeck has grown in to a top performer, the sign of a good player is one who does not waste possession, and he also can play that killer ball as well.

But imo we must be looking for another class midfielder come this coming window, because if Sissoko is missing, Pardew goes in to defensive mode to compensate, we have to keep up with the formula that has brought us recent success, a player who i would give a chance to is young Arma, who is a terrific kid, wont let anyone down and will give us an element oif surprise, great movement and could cause those spuds problems if teamed up with the very good Perez.

Alnwick
    Anita
    Dummett
    Colo
    Hollywood Taylor
    colbeck
    Sissoko
    Ameobi
    Armstrong
    Perez
    Riviere.

I have added Anita at right back, he has got to grasp his chance i just feel he wont let us down there.

Loads of pace and guile in this line up, HTL.

• croftus5678

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:47 PM

@3 lilong

i read somewhere that sissoko wasnt available (maybe suspension) but i agree if he was available its a no brainer he’s our best cm.

i’d be tempted to try out woodman in goal also tbh as i’ve seen alnwick many many times over the last 3 seasons and he doesnt fill me with confidence tbh ! hope he comes good but i cant help doubting it.

and with tiote playing it scares the hell outa me that at some point we may be down to 10 men so goofy may be decent to take some of the challenges away from him esp on the wing front.

and cabella imo has deserved to start over the past 2 games he’s been very very good and “if” sissoko was playing or even abied like you say he’d def be in my front 3.

• JAMSHA(PARDEW SLAYER)

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Alnwick
    Anita Dummett Coloccini (c) Haidara
    Colback Tiote
    Gouffran Perez Ameobi
    Riviere
    Subs: Woodman Williamson Vuckic Armstrong Cabella Cisse Taylor (S)

• Hector Riva

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Croftus, Pardew will probably start Cabella, and i would love to see the lad put in a solid shift, but Arma coming on second half if he did play Cabella would cause them problems, we do have a very good nucleus at the momenbt and they believe in themselves, time to deliver.

• Hector Riva

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Jamsha, Pardew could go with that team u said, i would just mix it up a bit as i feel the element of surprise could count in our favour, My heart skips a beat when Tiote has the ball now or makes a challenge in and around the box, ive lost faith in the lad a bit, but Pardew loves him.

• Geordie-Jedi

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:02 PM

As far as I’m concerned, the general attitude that has been shown on the pitch this season is enough for me to feel confident for a result tomorrow. I haven’t posted on here for a long time but i read the comments often and no matter how well the seasons going the level of negativity is always palpable. It’s obviously not everyone, but a lot of people should seriously stop supporting this great club if you’re always going to go on in the manner that you do!!!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Croftus,
    I wouldn’t mind if Woodman was given the nod in goal. Although I expect Alnwick would still come in against Sunderland, and it would be good to give him more game time to help him settle.

Did Sissoko not serve his suspension last game and is back available now?

As for Tiote he has received 3 red cards in 245 professional club matches, compare that to Saylor who has had 5 in 249 games. I don’t worry too much on Tiote’s discipline, he picks up yellow cards but rarely gets a red. With Sissoko back he can concentrate on the simple things, since his arrival he has one of the best pass accuracy percentages for us, and completes more passes then any player on a regular basis.

Don’t want to see Goofy start, I’ve always viewed him as more of a squad player who over performed initially. Maybe if we need his legs in the second half to see the game through bring him on, but other than that he offers little defensively or offensively that we can’t get from others.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:13 PM

OP,
    If we got the money in Jan it would just increase the interest coming into the club each month, I can’t see it being spent.

• cyprus

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Has anyone seen much of Armstrong? It’s interesting that he is included in many posters’ teams, hence the question.
    From what I’ve seen, he is not the prodigy people like Rooney and Milner were. He tries, he doesn’t screw up, but is he going to rise to PL level? Or will he go the way of Bigi, Fergie etc.

Of course, this is just speculation, not an informed opinion. Just, I wouldn’t play him in the next two games which are the MOST important in our season, as they will decide where we’re going. Upwards or downwards.

I’d give Cabella a full half hour. He made a difference last time, along with Sam.

• geordie157

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:19 PM

It’s unlikely but i’d really like to see Streete get a start tonight either at right back or centre back with Taylor at right back.

Also think its a good chance to start with Cabella and Riviere, with Gouffran back on the bench where he belongs along with Cisse.

So….

Alnwick
    Taylor, Streete, Colo, Haidara
    Sissoko, Colback
    Riviere, Cabella, Sammy
    Perez

Looks like a good attacking side with some pace, even pace at the back with Streete and Haidara.

• geordie157

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:20 PM

subs

Woodman, Wilo, Dummett, Anita, Tiote, Gouffran, Armstrong

Yep no Cisse. And i’m saving Abeid for a start on Sunday!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Cyprus,
    I have seen him a few times, when I am back, and on the footage and streams that I can get online or from the members area on the England and NUFC websites. I don’t see playing him anymore of a gamble then playing Rivi, Goofy, or Ferreyra in the team. In fact, I see it as far more of a positive then any of those 3.

Given we are managing Cisse’s pain in his knee at the minute (a ludicrous situation, he should be allowed to heal and recover fully) then there is no chance of him starting at Spurs.

I’d like to see Perez and Arma given a chance together, if Aarons had been available I’d have been keen to see him complete a front 3, but will settle for Cabella in his absence, with Sammi to come on. Sammi is starting to look a little jaded and may need to be given a rest so he is fit and raring to go on Sunday.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Cyprus,
    It is difficult to say how good any youngster is going to be, but unless they get given a good opportunity then they are guaranteed to fail.

• jayphoto

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Reckon he’ll start Riviere! possibly Cabella and Armstrong wide left/right too.
    Team id expect is Alnwick, Taylor, Williamson, Coloccini, Dummett, Tiote, Anita, Cabella, Sissoko, Armstrong, Riviere.
    Can see him resting Sammy, Cisse, Colback and Perez for sunday!

• mag92

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:36 PM

All Pardew, has to do tomorrow night is drop Williamson, and the team will be 100% improved.

• cyprus

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:39 PM

I see what you mean about being given a chance. I felt the same way about myself 🙂

But I was more of an HBA, a ‘lazy’ magician! BTW, read your response on him. I think we agree on many points.

• 70TWO

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:40 PM

——–Riviere—————–Cabella
    ———————-Sissoko
    ——–Colback—————-Anita
    ————————Tiote
    Haidarra—Dummett—Colo—-S.Taylor
    ———————-Woody

• cyprus

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:40 PM

J,
    I want to see more of Riviere. He did well in France and in pre-season. If he’s ok, I’d give him the nod ahead of Arm.

• mag92

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Saylor, Dummett, Coloccini, Haidarra: league cup, advancement.

• mag92

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Williamson: league cup, exit!

• toonicle

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Pleasepleaseplease no Gouffran tomorrow. Might as well play with ten men

• cyprus

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:45 PM

If Taylor is on we Will eventually play with ten men 😉

• JamesToon

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Would really like to see Roberts and Armstrong start tomorrow night, add some passion pace and flair

• Thump

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Notice that Pardew’s been talking about Moncur reminding him of the last time we won a trophy. I’m sure Pards will see it as a call to arms, a gentle reminder that it should be foremost on our mind, but really, that’s all Bob ever talks about.

Perfect gentlemen, like, met him a few times and he always remembers me, stops to say “hello” and it always comes back to “How do you think we’ll do in the cup? … Don’t fancy it? … I remember speaking to a lad — mustn’t have been much older than you — in 1968 and he said the same thing! In 1969 though, we ran out 6-2 winners and brought the Fairs Cup home!”

• Kris

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Alnwick
    Anita, Taylor, Colo, Haidara
    Sissoko, Tiote, Colback
    Cabella, Perez, Ameobi

Dummett has played a lot this season, and hadn’t a good game against Arsenal. Would drop him for Haidara.

All of Williamson, Gouffran and Cisse has to be axed. They where shocking against Arsenal. None of them gave a shit.

• Thump

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:28 PM

What’s the situation with Ryan Taylor anyway? Don’t think I’ve heard anything about him since he came off.

• faustino10

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:29 PM

A lot of people suggestion putting Steven Taylor at right back. Though i do prefer a Dummit and Colo combo do you not think Taylor is frankly too slow (or prone to rash challenges) to be full back. Spurs are usually know for their fast wingers. Maybe 10 years ago he could play there but I wouldn’t like to see him there these days. From what I have heard Streete would do a good job at RB, I would take the risk.
    Also agree that Goufran should be dropped for Riviere or Cabella. I’d like to see Perez play along side Riviere. My side:
    Alnwick
    Streete – Dummit — Colo —-Haidara
    Colback —- Tiote
    Sissoko

Cabella Riviere Perez
    (with Cisse coming on from the bench to score a dramatic hattrick)

I don’t see Pardew resting anyone for Sunday. Maybe resting (dropping) Taylor and maybe Cisse as he isn’t 100% but I think he will play the team he has available and by Sunday hopefully some injured players will be back- like Abeid, Sammy etc

• LGFUAD21

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I think wanting Armstrong in the team is nothing more than people looking for that Fairytale Geordie Zero to Hero thing.

The lad is nowhere near ready. Hes class for the youth teams both ours and at National level but hes like a fish out of water in our first team.

Can do alright in a game with lots of space but not against Spurs for me.

My Line-Up

Alnwick
    Dummet – Saylor – Colo – Haidara
    Colback – Tiote
    Socks
    Perez – Cisse – Cabella

Perez has enough pace on the wings. Save Sammy for the derby as I dont think he can play twice in 1 week. Give cabella a run out.

Then switch Cisse /Cabella / Perez out for Sammy and adjust accordingly.

• LGFUAD21

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I think it has to be between Haidara, Dummet and Anita at RB.

CBs just cannot do the job. Streete is nowhere near ready.

Full Backs can get caught out so much easier than CBs if they fall asleep and at the very least in the modern game you need someone with enough pace to track a runner even if they arent going to make the tackle.

• LGFUAD21

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:44 PM

On another note.

How would people feel about gouffran at RB

OR

—————Alnwick——————–
    ——-Saylor-Colo-Dummet———–
    Gouffran–Tiote–Colback—Haidara
    ——————-Socks———————
    —Cabella/Perez—–Perez/Cisse——

Wishful thinking as we wont ever go that continental but may be worth a try. I think with Tiote winning the ball, Colback being the creative force we have enough in Socks, Cabella, Perez to trouble defences providing they are disciplined enough about not getting in each others way. If we can get socks running at them too then that could well distract their CBs while Haidara pulls their full backs out of position. One of them will be allowed to run free.

• JamesToon

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:50 PM

WOuld rather have riviere than cisse LGF

• toon kk

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:51 PM

There’s a lot of different ideas on who to play and where, although we are very limited to squad members.
    At the end of the day you can never tell which Newcastle will turn up, we are so unconsistent either quality or first class sh.t.

• JamesToon

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:52 PM

————Alnwick—————–
    Anita-Taylor-Coloccini-Dummett
    ————-Tiote——————
    Cabella-Sissoko-Abeid-Roberts
    ————-Arma—————–

Anyone got a feeling Ashley might instruct pardew to play the young guns as its the cup?