Pardew’s Sky Sports Video – We Now Have Goalkeeper Crisis

Here’s Alan Pardew’s interview immediately after the game last night, which is worth watching and he talked about getting an emergency goalkeeper in, but then he said he wasn’t sure how bad Jak Alnwick’s shoulder injury is.

jak anwick after tottenham good

A sad-looking Jak Alnwick after the game last night

Alan also mentioned all the players injured and that we need to get them back quickly, but that’s easier said than done, and it looks like only Rolando Aarons and Mehdi Abeid have any chance of being back before January.

If we cannot get a goalkeeper in on an emergency loan deal soon, we could be in for some poor results through this month and into January – if the last two games are anything to go by.

That’s the truth.

Here’s Alan Pardew’s Sky Sports Interview after the game last night.

Comments always welcome.

You can follow us on our three social media sites below:

• catchy in norway

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:37 AM

do you think it is just a GK crisis?

what about playing GOOFY and WILLO

that for me is a bigger crisis

• cyprus

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Actually, I’m surprised at the ‘depth’ of this team. In fact, we’ve played much worse with the so called first 11.

Think about b’ teamers who haven’t let us down at all: Sam, Ayoze, Haidi, Abeid have definitely stepped up. They probably deserve starting places even when all are fit.

HOWEVER, we can’t depend on these kids. We need to buy another Siss in January plus an incredible CF. Then we’re set – for now!

• Goofy

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Pardew’s a one trick pony. Sit back, soak up pressure then fast counter, wow! What a genius ????
    He nothing else up his sleeve. The youngsters where the reason we had a good run. If there were no injuries the young eens wouldn’t have got a look in, they saved his bacon but he’s not in the clear now.
    I don’t think I’m wrong for wanting rid of Pardew, he has nothing to offer this club, his tactics are old fashioned, playing players out of position, starting crap like Williamson when there are other options and Goofy who has added nowt this season. (shame really, thought he was gonna be good) It’s time for Pardew to pack his bags, piss off to Rangers and take Williamson with.

• alka

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:53 AM

I have to agree with CATCHY, those 2 have played in the last 2 games. goals for 1, against 8. This is what happens when Pardue keeps playing his favourites

• Average_Contents

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM

A lot of senior players injured you say? Yes that’s correct.

STOP BRINGING THEM BACK BEFORE THEY ARE READY THEN YOU IMBECILE. SDJ, Cisse, and I know Abeid and aarons aren’t senior but he brought them back too early and against medical advice to boot. He’s done this throughout his tenure here. Never learns his lesson….a bit like he never learns on the formation (4-2-3-1 DOES NOT WORK) square pegs in round holes and playing his favourites. He’s touched upon a winning formation twice and fcuked it off because his arse got twitchy. Shithouse.

I sense a pattern emerging, well it’s not really emerged has it? It’s been known to all and sundry for over 2 years.

Stubborn twat!

• cyprus

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I think Goufy is going through a real confidence crisis, hence the clankers. He knows the fans are onto him. For me, he’s not as bad as we make him.

When he’s confident: He hardly loses the ball, he even can score the odd goal. Think about how desperately poor Ober has been, as some say, due to a confidence issue. Now, some want him back to save us!

Last night, the biggest letdown was clearly the goalie. Defenders knew that THEY were the last line of defense, that threw them off.

• JClaytoon

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM

First time commenting on this blog after following it for a long time, Morning All.

Totally agree with Catchy and many of you that Pardew can’t keep sticking with Willo and Gouff
    a moment last night summed it up for me when the ball bounced in our half and all it need was a CB to come out and head it away, Willo watched it bounce, waited, then decided to back track and allow spurs to take it down and run at our back 4.

Can anyone tell me where Saylor was last night?

my team against the mackems:

Alwick
    Janmaat Dummet Saylor/Collo Haidara
    Colback Abeid (if fit) Sissoko
    Cabella Perez Ameobi

Armstrong needs at least 30 mins if things aren’t going to plan, i think the local lads have to play. at CB i would be happy for Saylor to play with Collo and move Dummet to LB

• Average_Contents

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Catchy

He can’t help himself especially where goofy’s concerned. What I don’t get is he wants him in the team to provide cover for the fb, defend first and foremost but it doesn’t work, yet still persists playing him in the next game. Surely no fcuker is THAT blind?

I feel for goofy though. He’s an attacker being asked to be a defender. Infuriates me. I don’t necessarily lay the blame on Willo or goofy (although they have been poor of late) everyone can see this apart from king alan.

It’s the negative dour tactics that irk me, along with the formation that clearly doesn’t work but he continues to force players into the side in positions that do not suit them thus negating any influence they may of had on the game. Boils my piss.

• Average_Contents

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Anyway, that’s my little rant over with and no its not being negative. It’s highlighting the issues within our gameplan or lack of one. Issues that fall squarely at the feet of our esteemed manager.